November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: November 2011

Kar my friend, I am worried about you. It is not like you - not to post at all. You would always find a way to let us know, you were ok. I know, you are not alone in this misery.
    My niece and her 3 toddlers in CT will not have power until Friday the earliest. They drove up here to stay with her parents. I am totally grateful our power came back on in "just" 13 hours. Feel so bad for you. Please try to let us know, how you are doing. - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know they have a generator, Pingo, but I'm sure they're using that for just necessities.  If they had as much snow and damage as some other parts, she has a lot more on her mind right now than C.C.  I'm sure she'll post as soon as she can.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I am aware of that. But in past storms, she had a way to post to us that all was well - library, I think. Just hoping they are ok. How is GT doing out there?
    -Pingo

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]I know they have a generator, Pingo, but I'm sure they're using that for just necessities.  If they had as much snow and damage as some other parts, she has a lot more on her mind right now than C.C.  I'm sure she'll post as soon as she can.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Road travel might not be too safe out Kar's way if lots of branches and wires came down.  I hope it is just storm cleanup keeping her from posting. 

ETA:  Amber, did DD make your sauce over the weekend?  Thought of it Sunday when my Mom was making us meatballs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Congratulations November....
    tt...I was thrilled, I got 5 trick or treaters, up from 0 last year. Looks like I can have the leftovers...good thing I buy what I like.  Kept the bags in DHs  car trunk so I couldn't dip in to them beforehand.
    princal: Does your Mom have a wheelchair?  Could she go from her room in the elevator down to the lst level and out onto a porch??  Course the electricity would have to be working. I'm sure your Moms not mad at your, just her circum-stances. Take care all and keep smiling, ss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

November, she didn't as she lost her electricity Saturday and was just turned back on last night.  I think she mentioned maybe this weekend.  I didn't get one kid.  I am on a real quiet hill with no families.  If I hate walking up the hill every day I can imagine parents won't want to either. Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She lives with her boyfriend : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Congratulations november!  Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy.  Sending good thoughts your way. :-)

mothermitzi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

That's too bad, Amber.  I didn't realize her pwer was out.  Thought it was her BF's.  Mom was making the meatballs b/c my brohter's power was out, too. He, SIL and the pups came to her house to shower and warm up, so she decided to feed all of us, too!

Thx again everyone for your kind thoughts and congratulations. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Well good news - my mom has power again. Whew.  Thank you all for bearing with me!  She couldn't be happier right now.

I have a feeling kar is still without power, I know there are still quite a lot of people who don't.  I really feel for them.  I always wonder why the individual towns aren't more responsible for trimming the trees away from the wires.  Hope we hear from her soon!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I made a bean less chili...I also threw in my beet paste..I made corn muffins to go with...I am stuffed...so is Honey..we ate and now we are putting the Halloween stuff up in the attic

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Supper plans?  Here it will be a macaroni salad plate and a hamburger.  Peaches and cream for dessert.  What are you craving, Novem?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

No cravings yet, tt.  But I am planning to have all of my favorites in due course, just in case I develop any sudden aversions.  Tonight is steak marinated in Italian dressing with sweet potato fries, and left over birthday cake for dessert.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

[QUOTE]She lives with her boyfriend : )
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Well, that explains it then, doesn't it?   =)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Corn muffins sound good, Icer.  Haven't had those in ages.  Funny today, I was thinking of making chili as I wrote out my grocery list.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Isn't it though?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Corn muffins sound good, Icer.  Haven't had those in ages.  Funny today, I was thinking of making chili as I wrote out my grocery list.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I believe it is Kargiver's anniversary on the 3rd. Hope she has her power back by then. What a way to celebrate without heat or electricity. And they may not be able to get out as November suggested - what a bummer.

Chili sounds real good, Icer. Never had it w/o beans. I usually make corn bread instead of muffins, b/c DH likes that better. He thinks the muffins get too dry ??? LOL
    TJ's has a very nice corn bread/muffin mix, in case anyone wants to cheat.

Princess, glad to hear all is well with your mom again. What a terrible thing to happen for her.  I am sure she was thrilled to see light in the elevator again. Is she mobile enough, so she can go outside by herself? It must have been tough on her, not to be able to smoke for several days.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi CC'ers ... this weird timestamp issue is happening all over the site, on all the forums and on article comments as well. Please don't stop posting; some of the posts may show up out of order, but I think you can sort them out pretty well. I grabbed a few examples and filed a repair ticket with the forums company earlier today. I'll let you know what they say. Sorry for the annoyance...Embarassed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you Dottie!

[QUOTE]Hi CC'ers ... this weird timestamp issue is happening all over the site, on all the forums and on article comments as well. Please don't stop posting; some of the posts may show up out of order, but I think you can sort them out pretty well. I grabbed a few examples and filed a repair ticket with the forums company earlier today. I'll let you know what they say. Sorry for the annoyance...
    Posted by BDCDottie[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo you must be so excited to see DH.  I'm sure he'll be happy to be home as well.

Yes, Mom is very happy now.  She is able to get around in her wheelchair pretty well.  We also have an aide come on Weds who takes her out to do errands, etc. so she is so looking foward to getting out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Love the picture tt : )  Cheerio is just so sweet.  My cats love my bed when I get up.  Must be warm from me sleeping.  I told you sometimes I have to make it around them as they look at me like "your kidding, I'm not moving..."  Would love to see more pictures of Yoda.  They grow so fast. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Beautiful day - and more than weather wise. DH is on his way home. Have to pick him up in about in about 6 hours. That the sun is out is only a bonus. Looking forward to have him back home; it has been long 2 and 1/2 weeks.
    You all take care - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I got a new computer at work yesterday so I wasn't able to post as much.  I can't post a picture of the Halloween decorations at night yet, as they haven't given me my photo software yet.  I should be getting it Friday afternoon.  PC, glad your mom now has power and she is able to move about the first floor.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

My yard is covered with frost, and I guess it's frosty inside too, because when I just went in to make my bed -

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, what a great picture.  Yoda has been moving around too much lately to get a pictures, but I keep trying.  :)