November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2011

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt, what a great picture.  Yoda has been moving around too much lately to get a pictures, but I keep trying.  :)
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

That's good news, that he's so active.  Do you think he has gained any more weight?  Guess all he needed was some good TLC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That Cheerio really know, how to make herself comfortable.

[QUOTE]Good morning, My yard is covered with frost, and I guess it's frosty inside too, because when I just went in to make my bed -
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Wowey Zowey..you really need to watch your p's and q's to be able to comprehend anything..I need another cuppa...
    btw...no Kar yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I think he has gained some weight.  He's even been meowing, we hadn't much before so we've gotten a meow or so for the last couple of days. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is just awful tt....  funerals are stressful enough without that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got an email from G.T.  Friends are still without power as is most of the city.  Funeral arrangements can't be made until power is restored.  Tentative plans are for the dinner following the funeral to be back at G.T.'s house.  The family has many friends and business associates.  As if losing him weren't enough, this on top of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Imagine that? This is just as terrible as Princess' mom's situation after the storm. Funerals are bad enough, but this must be emotionally wrenching. My thoughts are with this poor family.  - Pingo

[QUOTE]Just got an email from G.T.  Friends are still without power as is most of the city.  Funeral arrangements can't be made until power is restored.  Tentative plans are for the dinner following the funeral to be back at G.T.'s house.  The family has many friends and business associates.  As if losing him weren't enough, this on top of it.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, my heart goes out that poor family.  As if a funeral isn't enough but to still have no power.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Yes, Mom is very happy now. She is able to get around in her wheelchair pretty well. We also have an aide come on Weds who takes her out to do errands, etc. so she is so looking foward to getting out.
    ----

I had someone with my Mum 4 hours day/M-F, because although a really, really wonderful facility, they were also really, really understaffed. This was the same woman who cared for my Mum at home, an aide from Golden Care (I highly recommend that agency). When family couldn't help, the aide was the only person Mum really trusted. And Mum didn't have to wait forever for laundry, walks outside, etc. This saint of also helped my Mum during my wedding.

If the family can afford it, I say hire someone to assist. With an infant of my own, I couldn't be at the nursing home 24/7. Mum's aide was like a member of our family.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, Mom is very happy now. She is able to get around in her wheelchair pretty well. We also have an aide come on Weds who takes her out to do errands, etc. so she is so looking foward to getting out. ---- I had someone with my Mum 4 hours day/M-F, because although a really, really wonderful facility, they were also really, really understaffed. This was the same woman who cared for my Mum at home, an aide from Golden Care (I highly recommend that agency). When family couldn't help, the aide was the only person Mum really trusted. And Mum didn't have to wait forever for laundry, walks outside, etc. This saint of also helped my Mum during my wedding. If the family can afford it, I say hire someone to assist. With an infant of my own, I couldn't be at the nursing home 24/7. Mum's aide was like a member of our family.
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

Thanks Reindeer.  Yes, we use Visiting Angels and they are great for during the week when our work schedules don't let us get to see Mom.  However, the place she is at is great w/laundry, cleaning, making her bed, showering her, etc. so that helps a lot.  We also make sure that between me and my brother and his family we take her out on Sat and Sun.  It does take a combination of care.  Glad you had such a good experience.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Greetings, friends - I've missed you SO MUCH!!  

So sorry to worry you, but as you surmised, we were without power (and cable) all this time.  8:50 pm Saturday through 5:00 this afternoon; cable came back sometime in the last hour.  I was alone, DH was on another business trip, so I had to man our generator (which powered the fridge and a couple of items here and there) and not go out unless absolutely necessary; I was afraid the generator would be stolen.  So, DH will be home in under 2 hours, and I need to rush around and get dinner.   Looking forward to catching up with all of your goings on tomorrow.

It's good to be home. :)

Blessings,
    ~kar

ETA:  Uh-ohl, the cable is flickering (digitally speaking) so not sure what to expect.  If I disappear, again, assume cable issues.  We had a ton of damage out here as I'm sure you've seen on the news.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!!!  We got nearly 2 FEET of snow and still have about 5 inches covering the lawn.  I have some photos I'll post tomorrow, but I'm sure you've seen similar ones on the news.  Gracie and I made out OK since DH was able to plow before he left, thankfully.  I was going a bit stir crazy, but other than that we were toasty warm and had plenty of water from the spring a couple towns over.  It was a bustling place.

More later, my friends.  I must get dinner on; DH will be home in 40 minutes.  Yahoo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

This is very odd - I posted my second post in response to tt's and icer's wonderful welcome back and yet it appears above those posts with an earlier time stamp.  How did that happen?  I know it was later than 5:50, and how could I answer your question about the snow before you asked it, tt?  So weird!

Anyway, dinner is on, and I'm so happy to be back with you that I had to check back in, again. :) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Testing...1, 2, 3

It's 7:12 right now - let's see what time stamp BDC puts on it.

ETA:  "6:12" it says...what the heck?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, good to see you back.  We've all missed you.  Mr. Pingo was coming home this afternoon, so I may be the only one of the boards tonight to welcome you back, but you can be sure tomorrow you'll hear from everyone - all have been asking, "Where's Kar?"

Terrible timing for you husband to be away during this.  Along with the damage, did you have plowable snow or were you able to manage with a shovel?

Imagine you won't be on again until tomorrow, but good to know you are safe and sound.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

welcome back Kar-Frontier-woman

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome back, Kar. You have been missed. Glad you are safe.
    I am copying Dottie's Post from yesterday in regard to the time stamp. It is driving everyone crazy.

Hi CC'ers ... this weird timestamp issue is happening all over the site, on all the forums and on article comments as well. Please don't stop posting; some of the posts may show up out of order, but I think you can sort them out pretty well. I grabbed a few examples and filed a repair ticket with the forums company earlier today. I'll let you know what they say. Sorry for the annoyance...Embarassed

Chat tomorrow- Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, thank you Pingo - sorry to take up time with a problem everyone knew about already!  I thought it was just me. :)

You must be so happy to have DH home!!  Tell us what you can. ;)

I feel like time stopped when the clocks did on Saturday night and cannot believe it's Thursday already, but that's good news - we're almost to the weekend.  And, I'm delighted to be able to heat up my cuppa in the microwave and flush at will.  It's the little things. 

I'm getting some photos together.  Pretty wild stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(The well cap is on the far right near the back)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Kar, it's so nice to have you back.  WOW on that amount of snow.  I think I would have cried to be without power that long.  Glad you and Gracie were warm inside.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter!  I'd have cried if we didn't have heat, but we were toasty and had all the free drinking water from the spring we needed so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

tt, the electric fence does work in the snow, but not without power, lol. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

This timestamp thing is a real pain...hope they work it out soon.  Meant to mention that I actually was putting Gracie's fence collar on even afted the power went out until DH pointed out the futility of it!  Oops.  Embarassed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the heads up, tt!  It was the first post in TTC - Nov had waited to share so the November thread could start with a BFP; pretty cool idea, huh?!  

Congrats (here, too!), November and family!!!!  Sticky thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Princess, sorry to hear your mom is not happy despite your big efforts and super thoughtfulness, but I agree with the other sage advice you've already received.  She knows it's a sacrifice to take in elderly parents, and maybe she's embarrassed and it comes out as anger and unhappiness.  It's too bad she can't accept her dependence on you and your family and make the best of it with you, but it's still been a relatively short time.  I hold out hope that she'll adjust and things will get happier as she comes to understand she is very blessed to be where she is with you.

ETA: tt, I wonder why your posts are coming up in the right order.  Seems like they'd all be backwards or all forward, not some one way and some the other.  Very odd software issues they have here on BDC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Welcome back, Kar!!  We missed you.  Is Gracie haveing a ball kalooping in the snow?  Jax still doesn't have his snow legs back yet,but ours is almost gone anyways at this point.

I picked up his tshirt last night - it says "Most Awesome Big Brother".  Now all we need is to get all of our parents together and we'll let him show it off.  So excited!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, seeing the pic of Gracie, curious about the invisible fence during heavy snowfall when all is covered, does it still work?

Sections
Shortcuts