November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2011

It's on at 8:00.  Not sure I put down the correct name, there are so many new ones this season.  He always has an interesting head case to operate on.  Also good supporting cast of characters - except the wife who keeps reappearing.

Lots of times the TV is just a background noise for me.  Especially if I am working around, I like it on.  Pop in the room now and then to catch a little.

Just swept and now will dry mop the l.r.  As yesterday, Cheerio and the mouse (I guess) are both sleeping wherever they may be.  Once the lights go out at night, then they both come to life.  Hesitate to swish that drymop under the couch.  She's conked out in here on the bed in the sun.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My house was way too quiet for me last night.  I like the background noise too.  When I hear Tigger and Boo running around in the middle of the night, I am always hoping they are just chasing each other : ) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Can hear the washer has stopped, so have to get down and get another  thrown in.  Haven't gotten a lot done today, but I do want to get a little caught up on the washes.  Have no idea what I'll wear Thanksgiving.  Don't feel like dressing up, and certainly don't feel like shopping for something new.  Maybe an old top with a scarf tied carelessly around my neck!  Have one I bought months ago in Claire's just because I liked it, and realize altho it's big it's more square and not really cut out for a scarf under a coat.  I'll triangle that and fastened it with some brooch or other.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    you did an amazing job with all those cookies. Bless you for putting such an effort into this project. I am sure your son's school appreciate it. Unfortunately it is a bit too late to wish you good luck, as you already must have sold the majority of them by now, but I do wish for a clean table before you pack up.

tt, haven't even given it a thought of what to dress in for TG. I know one thing for sure will be a large heavy apron. I will be in the kitchen most of the time anyway. And I don't want anyone near me, when I  make the gravy and slice the bird. One year - several years ago - a "helping" friend wanted to help me by washing the pots and pans, and in the process threw out the turkey juice and the browned bits. I screamed loudly, "Oh, no!" - when she did it, and everyone came running. Thought the kitchen was in flames. I was devastated, but no one except my DH and boys thought it was a big deal. I had made mushroom gravy for the veggie people, so that is what  we had for the turkey. A terrible substitute IMO. But underneath the apron, I will be wearing something really, really comfortable.

Our heater in our office aquarium broke. So we have to go to Petco to get a new one. It was meant for us to go to pick up the Jenka and Peppermint Oreos at the same time. You all enjoy your TV shows tonight, whatever you are watching
    - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ah, but I will be a "lady of leisure", you see, at G.T.'s for Thanksgiving.  Not even allowed into the kitchen.  Noone is, G.T.'s partner does the complete meal on that day.  I can stir my pumpkin soup, but that's it.  Others there kind of "dress", so I should come up with something.  Hate to clothes shop, and hate wearing new clothes, like the old comfie ones.

Temp must have gone done some outside, the heat's on and feels good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She TOSSED your drippings and browned bits??!!  I think I'd have cried.  One time my MIL "helped" by taking all the dishes out of the dishwasher, drying them, and piling them up to be put away on the island.  Would have been great, but the dishes had only gone through the rinse cycle - that's why they were wet (um, and dirty and smelly).

tt, the "heat's on" here, too - the stove is cranked!!  Walked Gracie today with a winter hat, gloves, and down jacket...it's so raw and cold.  She didn't seem to mind at all, but she's got a full body fur coat, lol.

Hoping Winter is enjoying the fair; she sure deserves a fun afternoon/evening as a reward for all that hard work.  I cannot believe she made so many kinds of cookies in one day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, after years of entertaining your family and others - you certainly deserve to be the "Lady of Leisure". You know, it is always nice to be a bit dressy on the holidays, especially if the hosts - like GT and his partner do - go out of their way to make the meal special. But then again, we "old ladies" don't want to pack more
    "once-a-time" outfits into our closets. If I have to go to a function, where I don't know how to dress, I wear a pair of black silky-like pants (machine washable) and a black velvet top (machine washable). Both bought at Sear's on sale years ago mind you. Then I embellish them as you do with different scarfs, broaches etc. I always get compliments, and at the same time I feel so comfortable. My problem is the shoes. I can't wear high heels any more due to all my hip and knee problems, and whatever is comfortable is really not that stylish. I am looking forward to go to the SAS store in San Antonio during our Christmas time there. That's where SAS shoes were born. Can't wear my Stegmann's everywhere, even though I want to. - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!  

Brrrrrr, got up to a 62 degree house this morning - not cold enough yet to load up the stove for the whole night so it goes out around 1 am.  But, after 2 hours with it going, my nose and fingers are thawed.

Pingo, I think of you every time I put my Stegmann's on, and that's a lot. :)  I wish I could wear them all the time, too, but they just can't stand in (get it? ha!) for heels, unfortunately.

tt, meant to mention yesterday I like your TG outfit.  Square scarves are hard to manage, but they always look nice; no one knows how long you stand in front of the mirror trying different configurations!

Winter, tell us all about your afternoon with the cookies!  So happy to have been part of the process.  Thanks for taking the time to post those delectable photos.

Prin, what is on the agenda with Mom today?

BG, haven't heard from you in awhile.  Thinking of DD, hoping she is well.  It's a long road.

Nov, when is your first u/s?  I know your 8 week appnt is coming up...very exciting!

DH is getting ready to take Gracie for their woodsy trek.  I made pancakes this morning so he's all ready with energy to spare.  His gums seem to be healing nicely.  3 more days 'til the stitches come out.

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You sound so full of energy, Kargiver, and I'm capital D capital R capital A capital G another capital G - - - - well, you get the idea.  I finally got rid of the mouse last night.  Went to bed and wasn't even really asleep when in she came with it and dropped it in my room again.  Couldn't get to sleep in the bed in this room, so went back out to watch TV and she eventually, after looking under couch and loveseat, went back in my room and chased it out to the l.r.  I opened the inside front door, and the storm door, just a crack, enough so the mouse would feel the cold air blowing in.  Sure enough, he ran right along the wall, beating Cheerio to the door, and out he flew.  Cheerio got the door slammed in her face.  Thought I would konk out and sleep like a log after that, but I had a sleepless night.  Glad I have no errands to run today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, goodness, tt, what a night.  I'd be dragging, too, if I were up mousing with Cheerio!  Maybe a nice nap is in order this afternoon if you don't have anywhere to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, last night was when I should have had the camera, the look on her face was priceless - - - -"What?  Where's my mouse?  That was MY mouse, you know!  Where'd he go?"  Completely indignant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She must have been ticked you let him out!  LOL!!

DH is out with Gracie, both with their blaze orange hunting vests, an adorable pair!  She tries to get grouses.  Once in awhile she's successful, but they are usually too quick for her.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Winter, how did your cookie bonanza go yesterday?  How much money did your baking table make, if you don't mind to tell us. You must be exhausted today. Does your son have a game, you have to attend to today - or can you just relax today?
    tt, how was your mouse doing last night? Did Cheerio have fun again and you not so much?
    Kar, funny you should say that. I think of you too, when I wear my Stegs. You were the one encouraging me to buy them. Remember? PB son bought a pair last year. He wears them at work, where he spend most of his time. Several of his colleges there are now also wearing them on his recommendations. And I just ordered a pair for DH for his birthday coming up early December. See, how you got this ball rolling? But truly, they are WONDERFUL. Some of the best money I ever spent on myself. But like you say, they don't have heels, and somehow that goes with feeling elegant and dressy :(
    We haven't heard from mm, since she came back from NY. Are you ok mothermitzy? What will you be doing for TG - will you be cooking, or are your family gathering at your daughter's?
    November, are you still feeling tired and nauseated? It will pass, and just remember, it is all so worth it. Try to enjoy your pregnancy and take advantage of it. Your family will understand, if your are not up to have everyone over for TG or the Christmas holidays.
    Amber, I hope you got your cable fixed. Sounds like you are like our DIL. She can't stand it, if the TV is not on - and ours is never on, unless we sit down and watch something. To pacify her, we got a small TV for our son's room (we never had TV in our bedrooms), and I hear that one on from morning to night, when they are visiting. Not that she is shutting herself in that room all day - but it is on. Small price to pay, to keep the family happy as long as I don't have to have the family room TV on. I can't stand the background noise from it, when I am busy in my kitchen. Our son confided in us, they had quite an argument over not having a TV in their bedroom, when they were first married. He won! And now, she doesn't miss it.
    Cool day out. DH has a tennis match this morning, and later on today, we will be taking a trip to Petco, TJ's and the Learning Center. Hope they still have the game. Rt. 1 will most likely be a parking lot. Glad I won't be driving.
    Chat later - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh my, tt. Didn't see your mouse post, before I posted. Sorry, you had such a bad night. But at least you know it is now gone for good. I am surprised, the mouse went for the cool air. I would have thought otherwise.
    How about one of your nice lunches with a couple of glasses of your Pinot Grigio and then an afternoon nap. You desreve it - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, it makes me so happy to think of so much of your family enjoying the Steg's!  I love it.  Now, on to the Wellnessmat revolution in the Pingo clan!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It's on my Christmas list! - P

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Pingo, it makes me so happy to think of so much of your family enjoying the Steg's!  I love it.  Now, on to the Wellnessmat revolution in the Pingo clan!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope you've been a good girl.Innocent Santa knowsWink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]She must have been ticked you let him out!  LOL!! DH is out with Gracie, both with their blaze orange hunting vests, an adorable pair!  She tries to get grouses.  Once in awhile she's successful, but they are usually too quick for her.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Maybe she can join the Lostgrouse hunting team! http://www.lostgrouse.com/

Sorry, I don't think that I can keep up with all your posts!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Winter--when are you coming over to make cookies for me?  I'm waiting!  

I finally have a little bit of a break.  DS is napping, DD is out with DH playing chalk and I was thinking about doing up my presentation that I'm giving for career day on Tuesday, but really I just want to zone out.  Birthday party later today for one of DD's friends.  

TT--yuck about the mouse.  Glad it's gone!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, LG!  Always good to see you - don't worry about keeping up, just post when you can.  I answered your question about the wood stove (with a photo) on page 25. :)

Nice "Lost Grouse" patch, very cute.  She didn't catch a thing today, although, they were chased by a Fisher Cat.  Scary.  I do wish he'd carry a gun; they are mean and nasty.

Enjoy your weekend.  Get in line for Winter's cookies. ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, hopefully DH knows his way around your woods. We have an acre of lovely wooded area out back. One of the things that attracted us to this lot. When we first moved here, I picked wild berries, leaves and cones for my holiday decorations. But after meeting a couple of large 5 foot snakes, I don't go there anymore. Besides we have coyotes, deer and the wild turkeys (and only God knows what else). I am even afraid to go in my back yard all by myself. Never know, what I will meet out there. Even the turkeys are nasty - they will attack you.
    Did your DH ever think of getting a gun for protection? - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We had the gun discussion, again, this morning.  DH definitely knows his way around the woods having walked, skied, and snow mobiled through them for many years.  It probably contributes to his overconfidence that nothing unimaginable could ever really happen...after all, it hasn't...yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Must get warm.  If I could just...get...closer....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Awww, Kar! Such comfort - that trek must tire her out. Look at that beautiful shiny coat - did you give her a bath as you mentioned the other day? - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Isn't she something?  I think she wishes she could crawl right underneath the stove.  Nope, I didn't make it to the dog wash.  She gets her fish oil, zinc, multivitamin, Sprintime Inc.'s "Longevity," and her Blue Buffalo Fish and Oatmeal for Large Breeds.  She's one spoiled girl, for sure, but that's why her coat is so shiny, thanks!!

Sections
Shortcuts