November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2011

I'm watching the FN lineup right now - it's a call in show to the FN kitchen.  Very fun!  Lots of chefs, and people are directing their (very good) questions to different ones.  Alton Brown is hosting; I like him.

You're still cleaning up a storm, tt, putting me to shame just watching TV.  Mm, bacon wrapped something is in front of Anne Burrell's (sp?) station....

We had left over bundles for lunch.  Later, the rest of the butternut/chicken soup.  I've got to make more mashed potato today as well as a cabbage/turkey for dinner tonight.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"You're still cleaning up a storm, tt, putting me to shame just watching TV. "

No, you do ceiling to floor cleaning, daily or weekly, i only do that extensive 2-3 times a year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, I guess I do clean a lot, but there's always more to do.  My arch nemesis, DUST, falls and falls and falls and...it could drive a housewife to drink.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm back the team lost, but DS scored 5 points :).  DH and DS are off to get the TV.  We made the decision as to which one to get.  I'll be gathering my recipes and writing my list to go food shopping at MB.  Than at some point I need to get to Shaw's as my company gives out $50 gift cards for Thanksgiving.

tt, you have been a cleaning machine.  I need to start that at some point.  Lucky for me the china and crystal is done.  It's just 4 of us for Thanksgiving. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good for DS - he did well despite the team's loss.  Enjoy getting and setting up the TV!  Bet there are good holiday sales right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes, we had been looking at one for $1100 and now it's 899..so off DH goes.  It's our Christmas gift to each other.  It's a Samsung 46-inch LED, smart TV.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice choice and great deal!  You'll LOVE it.  (I did so much research when we bought ours I'm still pretty up on the subject.)

Merry Christmas to Mr. and Mrs. Winter a little early!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Now there would be a picture -
    have Cheerio's rug draped over the drying rack, with a towel underneath.  I set it up in front of the heat vent, but also in the sun.  She just tried to go lie under it like she did in the pic I posted a couple of days ago - - - - DRIP    DRIP     DRIP !! She's found a spot of sun shining on the end of the bed and has decided to wash up there instead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes, DH has been researching them for weeks and once we saw the price go down off he went.  tt, that would have made an awesome pictures.  I need to start making out my grocery list, I'm sure I will forget something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, she's going to expect her "shower" every day, now!  LOL

Winter, he did a great job, Samsung was one of our top contenders.  The smart TV technology is so much fun.  We had to get a $70 WiFi thingamadad to stick into the side of ours, though, just fyi.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes that's the adapter, we aren't sure we need one because we have a wifi router, but he's asking.  He's very good at the technology stuff.  What brand did you get?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I hate to ask now that the pie babies are in the fridge, but I didn't remember to say that the milk must be whole milk - what did you use?  It will work with a substition, but it is at its best with whole (I've tried a number of different things).  Sorry for leaving that part out - I hope it comes out perfect nonetheless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, sorry, missed your post.  Some TVs are enabled with a built in thingy that I posted, but most say "WiFi capable" which means it has the port for that thing so that it CAN pick up the WiFi from your wireless router if you buy one separately.  We got a Sony Bravia.

Your router sends the signal, the TV needs the adaptor to pick it up.  I don't know why they don't all have them built in.  Why else would you be buying a WiFi capable TV if not to use it?

Here you can see our adaptor stuck into the side of our TV.  There are 2 unused ports underneath the top one that has the adaptor stuck in it.  It's kind of dark, but I think you can see...?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I edited the photo so you can see better.   It's on the edge of the TV, not the back.  There are 3 cables on the bottom, 2 empty ports, and then the wireless adaptor stuck in the top port along the side/edge of the TV.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ouch! - Kar, I used skim milk :( Your recipe says milk. But not to worry my friend - I will get some whole milk, and do them again - they were easy enough to do. I will freeze the ones I have, and use them for when it is not that important. I just never buy whole milk, but I can always use the rest for my mashed potatoes - or actually your mashed potatoes, since I am going to make your make-ahead-recipe on Wednesday.
    Now, that I have your attention, how do you make your Sage butter? I have TJ's butternut raviolis and dry sage - and of course butter. Was thinking of doing that for supper. That is if we are hungry. We took our niece's husband and a friend, he brought, to a Thai restaurant in Cambridge. They are vegetarians, so our choice was limited. The food was very good. I had my Tom-Yum soup and we had a yellow curry, a mixed veggie curry and Pad Thai. Friend was here for the first time in US. A tiny, skinny person, but she ate "like a horse". My eyes was popping out, when I saw her filling her entire plate with rice - topping it. Then loaded the other dishes on top of it. Bless her heart (or maybe stomach) - it was a lot better than when people are just picking here and there w/o eating.
    Don't worry about the "babies". I know you are nervous that my pies will not pan out. I am also making a bunch of small cream puffs to fill with ice cream. The kids love those. So in the worst case, that's what we will have for dessert.
    Stopping at TJ's on Mem Drive - we loaded up the car with wine. 2 cases full.  Some were the chuck-a-bucks --- that now has become chuck-a-three-buck.
    It is a good everyday wine. Plus we picked up several other delectable wines as well. They always have a wine tasting there. Unfortunately we don't get there too often. - Pingo

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    Pingo, I hate to ask now that the pie babies are in the fridge, but I didn't remember to say that the milk must be whole milk - what did you use?  It will work with a substition, but it is at its best with whole (I've tried a number of different things).  Sorry for leaving that part out - I hope it comes out perfect nonetheless.
    Posted by kargiver

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, Pingo, I'm so sorry.  I noted when I was rewriting it for someone else that I should have said whole milk and my heart sank knowing the Pingo household uses skim.  I'm glad you are graciously willing to remake them - it will make a huge difference.  Again, I'm sorry for missing that very important detail, my friend, it's not like me.  Your message was so gracious, thank you, my dear.

Yes, I made the sage butter and will do it again and again!  It was sooooo good.  I put a stick of butter in a small, heavy sauce pan, put it on "simmer," the lowest flame of the simmer burner, and put 12 sage leaves in and let it brown.  Took about 30 minutes.  Then strained.  It goes so nice on everything including the mashed potatoes I made last night and in the cabbage/turkey dish. 

Oh, gosh, must cut short - have to leave for chiropractor in a few minutes and time has gotten away from me this morning!

Later, everyone,
    ~kar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  The TV was all set up by the time I came home from grocery shopping yesterday.  The picture is amazing, it's like we are at the movies.
    Pingo, when we had our housewarming I got the wine at that TJs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone,  Looks like another busy day.

BG - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  My sympathies to you and your family.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning,

BG, I am so sorry to hear of your MIL's and brothers passing.  It is just awful when it is unexpected...  Please accept my condolences to you and your family..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, you will love your Samsung. We had ours now for about 4 years and never had a problem with it. Good choice.
    We are not wine snobs, but do like a good wine - and truly TJ has some wonderful wines. So we are not the least unhappy with our choice. Our son and his wife belong to a wine club in San Antonio. They know their wines pretty well, and DIL always tells us, "If we just had a TJ here, we would buy our wine there". It is just too bad, that the two TJ's around here do not have licences to carry wine.
    Finished cleaning all 5 bathrooms, plus our powder room this morning. Now getting ready and off to work. Will do what I have to do there today and take off tomorrow and Wednesday.
    Our guy is out there blowing the leaves. Hope it will be the last time this the year. So difficult to keep up with them. Fortunately we have plenty of place out back to dump them, so we don't have to haul them away.
    Getting rain Wednesday, when everyone are travelling. Hopefully it will not be snow. That will delay planes and make grid lock on the HWYs. Kar, will you be driving to your folks in PA? When are you leaving? Will you take Gracie? Our boys and DIL are arriving so late - around midnight. Usually, I wait up with dinner for them, but this year I requested they grab something on the way where ever they can. They can all sleep in the next morning, but I need to be up very early the next morning in order to finish cooking for TG and will not be able to entertain and socialize in the wee hours. I will great them and have some snacks for them of course, but then I will say," Good night, see you in the morning!" They were all fine with that. - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, you have 5 bathrooms and a powder room??? Your house must be huge!  Do you do all the cleaning yourself?  I would have to hire someone for real.  But it must be beautiful : )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Got a few more things done before company comes, and will post here a bit.

Found a couple of very old games my boys used to play, one by Scrabble, Sentence Cube, I think is the name and the other, Outwit.  When Lilly and bro were here last he was talking about learing to play chess and other games, and I'm going to send these home with DIL, hoping he will like to play these with Papa.  I know he must be out of shape that they are coming down on a day when he has school.

How was your week-end, Amber?  Did Comcast get you up and running again?

Glad to hear your new TV is all set up and you're enjoying it, Winter.

How are you feeling, Novem?

Kargiver, sounds as tho you are visiting the chiropractor a lot lately, because of sneezing your back out?

Want to have lasagna made and ready to pop in the oven at lunchtime, so will get a start on that.  Hope you all have a good day.

Sending thoughts your way, bg.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Comcast came 5 minutes after I got home.  The wires ouside my house were worn, so he replaced them.  So happy to have my TV back.  Spent the weekend cleaning for Thanksgiving.  My friend came over and helped me unload my groceries.  So I am ready for the day : )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"My friend came over and helped me unload my groceries.  So I am ready for the day : )"

Are you having back problems, or did your friend just happen to be there?  Just sounded as tho you had needed the help?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She just happened to be there, showed up unexpectedly.  And here I was in the middle of cleaning and waiting for Peapod. I love her dearly but really wish she would call before she comes, but she never does, even after I asked her years ago to.  She feels since she doesn't mind unexpected company, that nobody should mind.  Sigh.. but she is a good person, so I take the good with the bad.  But she didnt stay long, so I was able to finish the house. 

Sections
Shortcuts