November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: November 2011

Yes, I do - unfortunately. However, I don't usually do them all. The two downstairs are for our guest rooms and entertainment area. And they only get done, when we are having gusts staying. But if Thursday's weather is not for playing outside, the little ones will be playing downstairs in our entertainment area, where there is ample place for them to run around. And God forbit, someone should want to use one of those bathrooms, and it wasn't clean. The boys bathrooms, I only do when they are expected.
    I used to have someone come to clean, but I didn't feel I got my money worth. I had to go around and remove cobweb after they left, and they skipped a lot of things. Besides, the last one I had stole from me. So now, DH vacuum and I do the rest. And with just the two of us and no pets, it is really not that bad. I just have to do devide it up. Can't do everything in one shot.
    However, if I found someone I could trust and would do a good job, I would love to pay someone for cleaning my home. - Pingo

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Pingo, you have 5 bathrooms and a powder room??? Your house must be huge!  Do you do all the cleaning yourself?  I would have to hire someone for real.  But it must be beautiful : )
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Wow--I could never clean my house.  First of all, I hate cleaning, secondly, it's totally impossible to do with 2 under 3 in my house.  We have our cleaning lady come every 2 weeks and while we do have to do light cleaning all the time (because everything falls on the floor) she handles the bathrooms, the scrubbing of the floors, window cleaning, dusting etc.  Granted every other Thursday night at our house is a  mess trying to pick everything up before she gets to our house on Fridays, but it's totally worth it.  

Amber--weird, but if it works for you, great!  

I have another interviewee coming in in 10 minutes.  I wish we could find some qualified help for our open jobs!  I've been interviewing for about 3 weeks and can't find anyone that we want.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lost, nice you have a cleaning person.  I'd love it, but it isn't going to happen.  I'll be doing a good clean each night this week until Thursday.
    tt, umm lasagna, I'd like some please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Funny, tt, but I made a lasagna last night for dinner - will the sole intent of having it leftover today for lunch!  Too early yet for me to eat, but I'll be so happy when the time comes!  Excellent choice, friend.

I'm feeling pretty good, thanks for asking ladies.  A little queasy first thing, but nothing I can't handle.  Really I just don't have much of an appetite, and when I do eat I feel full really fast, so I just make sure to eat little things all day long.  Grazing I guess describes it best.  Other than that, really I'm just a lot more tired than usual.  I have taken both my mon and MIL up on offers to hep with TG, so all I am doing is the turkey, stuffing and gravy.  Everything else will be broght to my house and heated up.  I did make my cookie dough last night and hope to make a few dozen each night.  If not, my Mom will bake them.

Kar, you were right - u/s was this AM.  We saw the little bean and the heart was pumping away.  157 bpm.  It was awesome and surreal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

5 bathrooms?  I'd go bananas.  I find 3 hard enough to keep sparkly.  Sometimes I dream of having a cleaning lady for awhile for a cleaning vacation, but how lame is that given I have no kids and don't work.  Lame, I know.

I go to the chiropractor once a week on Mondays to keep my headaches at bay, and it works for me.  It was a bonus to get my lower back taken care of, too, last week.  Mondays roll around pretty quickly, don't they?!

Amber, glad your cables were replaced and you are back in business.  And, the drop-in, I'm not a fan of that, either.  I had friends from the Netherlands that said it was totally cultural for them - they expected us to drop in and, in fact, hoped we would.  However, they respected that we preferred a call first.  I like to have special things on hand for guests and, of course, to have the place in good order.  (She cared little for the latter, but she always had good snacks!)

I'm still embarrassed I just said, "milk" - but, at least I know you're remaking the dough, Pingo, so I dont have to worry about how they'll come out. :)

Lostgrouse, I totally understand, but it is funny to imagine you guys cleaning so the cleaning lady can come, LOL.  I'd like to have a cleaning lady come once in awhile to do the things I put off.  Like dusting all the moulding.  I'd rather scrub toilets all day long than dust every square inch of the house...it just seems so futile.  Not that the toilets stay clean, but dust is falling while you're dusting.  I hate dust!

Speaking of cleaning, I've got to get the car in road trip shape today while it's warm and sunny.  I found a gas station pretty nearby that has a coin-op vacuum.  Yay!

~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I used to clean before the cleaning lady came.  Now I just make sure the bed is made and all the dirty clothes are in the hamper.    Happy to see you over here on chat LG.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Popped the lasagna in the oven, so hope they'll be here around 12:30.  DIL had a funeral to go to first, then circling back home to pick up Lilly.

One of my DILs has a cleaning lady come in every 2 weeks, but they rush around the night before too, getting the house picked up for her!  Gawd forbid she should think they have a messy house!

Novem - your u/s was this morning?  How fabulous to see the pumpkin and the heart beating away.  So happy for you.

I love lasagna too, Novem, and made my 1 1/2 batch tray.  DIL's sister wanted her to bring her home a piece, and I know the rest of DIL's fam themselves will want some.  I still have some I made with mushrooms frozen, so I'm OK with sending leftovers along home with her.

Dreary looking day out there, tho it's mild.  Put a couple of eggs left in the old carton up the back of the yard.  Used to see the crows dive down and enjoy them, but haven't seen them lately.

Oh, forgot to get the colored sprinkles down off the top shelf for Lilly Bug to decorate the goodies.  Then, I think I'm really done, except for the salad, but DIL always like to make that with everything  but the kitchen sink put in!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, how cool you had you u/s this morning.

It's been about 8 years since I've made a turkey or hosted Thanksgiving.  When I host Christmas, we have Pork roast or Roast Beef. 
    Now I want lasagna.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well lasagna's easy, Winter.  I miss the days when my family would eat meat other than turkey or chicken .  I never cook a roast anymore, or have a baked ham. They're all on the white meat (but not pork) kick.  I'm at the point where I really don't like chicken anymore, would rather go without meat than have that.  I buy steak and hamburg for myself and occasionally one of those pieces of sliced ham or some pork ribs to barbecue.  Not the same as with a nice succulent roast.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I do a roast beef dinner every Christmas.  It is DD's favorite meal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have a roast beef in the back of my freezer that I swear must be a year old.  Bought it and sliced a couple of steaks off and then froze it with the crazy idea some Sunday I would roast it.  Looked at it yesterday, but still can't bear to toss it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Roast beef is my favortie, too, though we don't usually do it on holidays.  Maybe this Christmas that'd be a good idea.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I prefer a nice Crown Pork Roast, DH likes Roast Beef, so I switch off.  My ex was Italian, so we'd make it a lasagna, sauce, etc. Christmas. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Nov--congrats on the U/S!  It's the coolest thing!  It's even better when you get the next one!  Are you going to find out the sex?  

I wish we stayed home for Thanksgiving but we trade off Turkey Day with Christmas so we can have the kids home on Christmas morning.  I just really like turkey leftovers, so I usually plan on making a turkey sometime in early December.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We love beef - I get a Choice Rib roast every Christmas.  Prime is a lot more expensive per pound, but more than one butcher has informed me that Choice is just as good, and it always has been, too - we can't tell any difference!

tt, sorry you let a good roast go by - I've been guilty of the same.  Maybe it's still good, though, if it was wrapped really well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

bg, so sorry to read about your brother.  I bet it's very hard on all of you and especially DD.  So soon after your MIL, too.  Awful.  Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

I got back from my boss's funeral in NY last week.  It was a nice celebration of his life and I was honored to be part of it.  I had the opportunity to say a few words about him at the post-funeral luncheon.  Not something I'm comfortable doing, but I made an exception in this case. He took a chance on me many years ago when I needed a job and I never forgot it.  My kids all worked in the office at one time or another, too, so DD went with me.  Just after I got back, a close friend passed, so it's been a sad time.  Enough of that.  I was very lucky to have had both people in my life and that's what I'm focusng on now.
    Glad to read the happy stuff happening on these pages, too.  A new baby on the way and holiday plans in the making.  

DD offered to move Thanksgiving to her house, but I need a little jolt to get back in the swing of things, so it's at my house.  The cleaning person is coming tomorrow. I'm doing the turkey, stuffing and mashed potato.  DD and the guys next door will do the rest of the sides and desserts.  pingo, not sure when you were at TJ's on Mem Drive, but I was there early this morning.  I think all our paths have crossed at one tme or another.  Nice that you will have your sons with you.

tt, are you going to your son's on Wednesday?  I'm already thinking about a roast beef for Christmas! May not be able to wait that long.   Take care everybody.

mothermitzi   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

So I am making an Apple pie and a chocolate cream pie (for me :) on Thanksgiving.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

mm, so sorry about your friend's passing so soon after your boss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sad day for losses on the CC board today.  My condolences to you too mm...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thanks very much amber and winter.  amber, I'm thinking roast beef, too.  I almost never do a turkey for Christmas anymore. I guess I should find out where I'm going first.  I may not have much input concerning the menu!

winter, I love chocolate cream pie.  I've never made one though. I get mine at Petsi's Pies in Somerville.  They are decadent.

mothermitzi

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

My condolences to you and your family, MM. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I've never gone there even when I lived pretty close.  Maybe I'll check it out. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

They have delicious pies.  If I'm not making homemade, I go there.

mothermitzi

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Geez Louise, I have been unable to log on...must be sympathy for ShakerSilly...

How did I finally log on?...I went to where u create a new account...there was an option for "Already a user" I got in that way...I kept using my password(btw the same password still) but the computer keeps telling me I have the wrong password...anywho about u/s

Congrats November...not sure if I am double cogratsing you but ..no harm if I am...

We got one Nov 30th over here.. I a all caught up as I have been able to read,..just not post...I must get my bunny tail in gear though...Did you know we have a holiday this week?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Well, the frost is really on the pumpkins this morning - at least around here.  Had planned to make an early run up to S&S before appt. to pick up some celery needed for my pumpkin soup.  What I have in the crisper certainly isn't crisp any more.  But, looking out the window, think I'll wait and do it on the other end of today's appt.  Had a call from the man who cleans my gutters and I'm on his list for today, so want to be back in plenty of time for him.

Fun day yesterday with Lilly decorating the half moons.  Lasagna got gobbled up and I sent the remains, except for one square, home with them.  Bonus to the visit, my son also came along.  Won't be seeing them for Thanksgiving, so it was sort of our own mini holiday celebration.

Glad to hear the weather will be clear on Thanksgiving, G.T. will pick me up in the morning, so the traveling won't be bad for him.  Usually ask one of the local sons to drop in and feed Cheerio at night and morning, but this year I think I'll just leave plenty of kibble down when I go, and leave the cover to the bin where it's kept, slightly ajar.  She should be fine.

Chocolate cream pie sounds good, Amber.  DS mentioned he is making a lemon meringue from scratch for their Thanksgiving.  So funny, so many people seem to be on lemon meringue kick lately - G.T.'s partner's mom who will be here for Christmas, said she is making and bringing one.  Love it and can't remember the last time I had a piece.

So sorry to hear of your friend's passing, MM.  One loss on top of another.  Glad you have the holidays and preparations for them to help take your mind off of it.

Time to check for P.B. and get going on showering and dressing.  Chat later.