November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: November 2011

Hi tt, It is actually Winter who is making the chocolate pie.  I am not a baker at all.  I am doing Mrs. Smith's apple pie and picked up a lemon crunch pie from the bakery.  Sounds like everyone is just about ready for Thanksgiving.  I just have to pick up the wine tonight and I am done.  Also looking forward to 5 days off.  My company is open the day after Thanksgiving, but I am taking a vacation day that Friday and also the following Monday.  But will miss my CC friends for sure!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Sure was chilly this morning.  I wasn't ready for the windows on my car to be scrapped.  I tihnk I will start my pie/s tomorrow night.  See what I can get done.  My mom will be coming over and I will have mimosas and the Deviled eggs before dinner.

ETA:  I will be at work on Firday, as my company is opened.  I would have taken it off since my son doesn't have school, but I used up all my days. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have worked it too Winter, so you have my sympathy.  I decided a few years ago, I would save a vacation day for that. Such a silly day to work as it is usually dead in the office and so many people are out. I hope your job is at least busy so your day goes by fast. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think I'm the only one in my department, so it will be a could day to do things like file, etc.

So as you can see Yoda has a very nice bed and a blanket, but he is trying to sleep somewhere else.  It looks as if he's saying, "Can you not take my picture, you're disturbing me."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, I was just double checking my recipes for my last run to the store today and find with the pumpkin soup I must have bought 2 cans of the large 29 oz. pumpkin puree, since it calls for 7 cups.  I remember there was a little pumpkin left over.  I don't think you are planning on making it, but you had asked how many cans I had bought, and I had said 1 large and 1 small - wanted to make that correction.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love that pic of Yoda!  He certainly is feeling right at home.  I was just thinking of buying Cheerio a real right little bed to curl up in, since she curls up on the couch against the throw pillows.  Wonder if she would use it.  I'll wait until I see them really on sale someplace and then decide, I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm the only one in my department, so it will be a could day to do things like file, etc. So as you can see Yoda has a very nice bed and a blanket, but he is trying to sleep somewhere else.  It looks as if he's saying, "Can you not take my picture, you're disturbing me."
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

He is just so cute Winter.  You can tell how content he is with a good home and lots of love : ) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning.  Good to see you Icer. Cute little Yoda pic to start the day sure is nice, Winter!

TT-Job Lots usually has lots of pet beds to choose from at good prices.  I have bought a few there for Jax.  One he chewed up when he was a puppy - no biggie, it was only $8.  Speak of the devil, today he turns two!

So instead of baking cookies last night, I went out to dinner with DH.  Oh well, just more to get done tonight.  Luckily the cleaning lady comes today, so that will be taken care of and I will just have to set up and bake.

Oh, almost forgot - the u/s pics were really blurry and pretty poor quality.  I think they were magnified too much.  Its too bad, but it was better in real life anyways since all you could really make out was the heart beating and a still can't capture that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amazing the little miracle that is occuring inside you, isn't it, Novem?

I know I've checked Job Lots in passing down that aisle, but when I happened to look they were larger ones.  Marshall's has them too, but again for a medium to large dog.  I'll be at Job Lots next week and will meander down that aisle again.  Thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, they have cat beds, that are the perfect size for a cat.  I think Cheerio would like it.  Would make an adorable picture : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Happy Birthday Jax!

Your friends,
    Amber, Tigger and Boo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yoda is feeling at home, until we approach him, then he takes off never to be seen for a bit.  He has been playing a lot though and starting to get into things.  We will have to anchor the Christmas tree and hope he still doesn't knock it down.  Novem, congrats on seeing the little heart beat.  Are you guys going to find out the sex?  I wanted a boy so much since there were no grandsons on either side and when the tech told us it was a boy, I cried.  She thought I had wanted a girl...lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My cat Bandit knocked down my Christmas tree not once... but twice the first year I had her!  I ended up just taking it down that year.  Sigh....  I miss that cat..  she was a ton of personality for sure : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You are the best at birthday cards to animals on this thread, Amber!

ETA:  All I can come up with is "Happy birthday, Jax, from Cheerio"!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Awww.... thank tt!!  Kiss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all,

MM, sorry to hear of your losses and melancholy times.  Thanks for checking in and letting us surround you with virtual hugs and prayers.

Nov, too bad the pics weren't good enough to post.  Next time I bet they'll be amazing!  Too bad you couldn't take home a video of the flicker.  I wonder if they have a record feature...I'm spoiled by the DVR, I guess! LOL

Speaking of that, Winter, how is the TV?  Do you just love it???  What movie streaming company do you use?  Did DH get the wireless adapter?

Add me to the list of pie makers today.  I'm making 2 pumpkin cream pies to take to Pennsylvania tomorrow.  And, of course, I've got a long to-do list before we leave in the morning.

DH is getting his stitches out this morning.  I hope they are happy with how he's healing - I think he's on track, but I'm no periodontist so can't say for sure.

Pingo, I'll be thinking of you and your new pie babies this morning as I'm making my crust. :)

Blessings,
    ~kar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Happy birthday JAX. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, the TV is fantastic. We've always used Netflix, so we'll continue on with that.  DH bought the adapter and we are now watching the HD channels.  We watched Terra Nova last night (which is sort of like a Lost meets Jurassic Park) and it was AWESOME!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Since some of you won't be around tomorrow, here's a very slight variation on last year's poem -

Pumpkin soup is simmering,
    Cracker candy - it's first rate!
    Molasses turkeys lined up
    on their Thanksgiving plate.

Tomorrow brings the group
    of family and friends,
    around the table once again
    before this old year ends.

Each year brings many happenings,
    some good and some so sad -
    A new babe in our family
    has all of us so glad.

As we give thanks tomorrow
    for all that we hold dear
    I wish the best for all of you
    throughout the coming year.

Happy Thanksgiving, 2011 from toytrumpet

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I don't know what happened, but here I am again.  Guess you just have to try and try again and presto!!  Haven't read any posts, so don't know whats going on, but I wanted to post before I couldn't anymore....Hope everyone has a terrific Thanksgiving, I'm cooking for D#3 and her family, the rest will drop over later for dessert....I'm making tt's hermits, some mince meat cookies, apple cake and two pies.
    Went yesterday to the Yankee Candle shop, had a coupon, buy 2, get 2 free...I can't burn candles cause the smoke (??) chocks me, I just take the cover off and their candles are so strong the smell fills the room.  Try Natures Paintbrush, awesome scent.
    Made it to the Christmas bazaar in Holbrook, brought home 15 books, that should keep me busy for awhile.  Take care all and Keep Smiling. ss  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, awesome as always...  I so enjoy your poems.  ss, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I love Yankee Candles!  I have the candle toppers and one jar last forever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Must be something in the air Shaker...cause I was able to log on as well today!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    I didn't expect this much posting this morning - just before the big holiday, but it is awesome, that everyone takes a break from their chores, whatever they are.
    November, you must be so excited to see your baby on the monitor. Too bad the pix didn't come out well. But there is always a next time. And Happy Birthday to Jax.
    Sorry to hear about your loss in your family, mm. My condolences to you. Good the holiday will bring your family together, and keep you busy with other than sad thoughts.
    Good to see you again SS - glad you had a chance to post. Too bad that you can't burn the candles you bought. I go for the ones w/o scent - I have no problem burning them. The scented one makes me sick (asthma) whether I burn them or not. I try to avoid card stores and the candle sections of stores that sells them.
    tt, you can save your roast. Usually a frozen roast goes bad due to freezer burn. But that is only on the outside part - the inside will still be good. Just cut off 1/2 inch slice all around and you will have a new edible roast. I did it once with a roast from Texas, that had been hiding in the back of my large freezer. It was as good as if I had bought it fresh.
    Kar have a safe trip. My guess is you will be leaving tmw. - so have a Happy Thanksgiving w/ your family. I redid the crusts yesterday - the other ones I am going to use for a rustic onion tart and a tomato/goat cheese tart for my crew, when they arrive around midnight Wednesday night. So no harm done; all is well.
    Amber, enjoy your extended holiday vacation. So Happy TG to you and your DD too. Our office is closed as well.
    Feel bad for you Winter, that you have to work, but hopefully you will have a slow day - so you can do your filing. 
    I took off today and tomorrow. Today for cleaning and tomorrow for cooking and baking. So I better get going. I was chuckling, when I read your posts about you and your cleaning ladies. Add me to the group, that cleaned before and after they came - LOL. I finally decided, this is totally crazy. So now I do it myself, a little bit at the time. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy birthday, Jax!!  Gracie sends a big wiggle wag! :)

SS, so good to see you in person!  Have you ever tried beeswax candles?  I have asthma and can burn those; they are very low smoke (not zero, of course).  Yankee Candles are beautiful and smell fabulous, but they are not the most asthma friendly candles out there.  I get our candles from Bluecorn Naturals.  They usually have a special going on something.  They are so nice!

tt, I just love your poems.  Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us - it's a real blessing.

Winter, glad you are enjoying the new TV in all its glorious capability.  We watched Lost, all 6 years worth, in about 2 months, lol.  Honestly, we were addicted to the no-commercial format - it was like a 2 month movie.  My SIL just got the exact same TV you did, same size and everything.

OK, I've procrastinated enough.  I'm going to be in a full blown panic soon if I don't shake a leg.

~kar

ETA:  Pingo, we were posting at the same time so didn't see your post.  Yes, we are leaving in the morning after I drop off Gracie at her vacation spot.  She'd be so excited if she knew - she loves it there.  Anyway, thanks for letting me know you remade the crust; it will be worth the extra effort.  Good idea to use the others for the tarts.  That sounds good.  And, secretly, you'll be able to compare them to the whole milk version, ha ha ha.  No one else will notice. :)  I'll be online sporadically down there - my folks are well connected, lol.  Oh, and you might enjoy the beeswax candles I wrote about to SS, too, since they emit far less smoke than traditional ones, even the unscented.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Jax sends all of you a wiggly tail thank you for your birthday wishes.