November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2011

Good morning,

Bad day for those of you who are traveling.  Wishing you a safe journey.

The little gingerbread turkeys got made last night, and are all lined up on a platter, red and yellow plastic fall leaves strewn among them.  They came out in various degrees of softness, one I tried that had been rolled thinner and probably left in a couple of minutes longer, was the way my oldest son would like the gingerbread men I make at Christmas to be, hard - good for dunking in that morning coffee! It's the fluffy ones that have made their way to the platter for the Thanksgiving feast.  There will be plenty left for me to put in my freezer and take out between now and when the gingerbread men are made, for my snacking/dunking.

Had the gutters cleaned out yesterday and glad to get all those leaves out before this heavy rain.  It's really pouring here right now.  So glad I'm in for the day.

A couple of friends called last night with holiday wishes, I'll have to make sure I get calls in to a couple I haven't talked with yet.  I slip in that department and have that in mind, near the top of my list for New Year's resolutions.

Time to have my breakfast, oatmeal, coffee AND  maybe one of those dunkin turkeys!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

TT...Thank you for the lovely poem
    SS ...Are you talking about Maureen Hitchcock? I have never been but I believe she has a good reputation down here.

Pingo, I believe you may try to Google "Jonathan Edwards" you may have success that way...He used to be on t.v. I believe
    well... i am off for now....tty all soon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I just looked it up...Its John Edward...The program was "crossing over"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Terrible commute.  I am soaked.  Thank God I have a hood on my jacket, an umbrella would have done no good.  Bus was late and trains too.  Can't wait to get out of here and home.  Will be real quiet day.  I don't anticipate my guys or many of my tenants to be here.  They all have the option to work from home.  Icer, it is John Edwards and I loved that show.  Facinating story about DH and the astrology Pingo.  There are many unexplained things out there, so I always keep my mind open. 

tt, I have my cup of Dunks and a gingerbread turkey would be perfect right now....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar,

I just realized you will be traveling today.  I wish you and DH a safe trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Pingo, that's cool about your husband's reading.  Icer, what are your holiday plans?  tt, I want a turkey cookie :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

2 gingerbread turkeys - no, make that 3 - to Amber, Winter and Icer.  (I had 2 with my coffee.  Putting the little babies all together in a tight container softened them up).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Kar, it is pouring out there and it is not much better, where you are going. Hope for a safe trip for you and DH.
    Sorry for you bad commute this morning, Amber. Not a good way to start the day. And when you finally are dry, then it will start all over on your commute home. I will be thinking of you.
    Just removed my pie disks from the refrigerator. As soon as they are ready. my baking and cooking will start. Busy day I am sure for all of us. Will check in a bit later - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

All of my cooking and baking will be late :( I'm here until 5.  Will probably make the chocolate cream pie tonight. 
    Kar, save driving to PA. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, I don't feel so bad now being stuck here until 5:00 too.  My DD gets out at 3:00.  My company never closes early before a Holiday not even Christmas Eve.  I remember being shocked at that.  Oh well....  I just have to throw my Mrs. Smith's pie in the oven and my baking is done : )  But I will do a lot of prep tonight. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

thanks for the turkey cookie...it sure did hit the spot;0)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I threw out to G.T. if it would be easier for him to pick me up when he gets out of work today (2:00), rather than driving all the way back tomorrow morning for me.  I suspect he and partner would rather have the house to themselves to prepare for tomorrow, and if so, that's OK.  I just hate to think of him having to leave stuff tomorrow to pick me up.

I still have the soup to make, cracker/chocolate/nut candy, and 4 half moons to frost for the elderly gentlemen who look forward to them each time we meet.  Soooooo, I'd better get a move on, shower, dress, and get started.  Chat later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We don't leave early the day before a holiday either.  We do get to leave at 2:30 on Christmas Eve, but that's it.
    I'll probably make the Apple pie in the morning, before the turkey goes in.  We only have a 16 pound bird.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, the turkey cookie was awesome with my tea, thank you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Honey and I will be making the rounds...We don't stay at any one place too long..
    ...My Son and his GF go to his father's side of the family...His Nana is a twin and their birthday is on Thanksgiving as well as my son and his GF have November birthdays so they all celebrate those at TG.

The kids come to us for Christmas...They are glad to come this year as I have designated our holiday alcohol free..She can't drink because of her pregnancy, so my son won't drink either but as you can imagine..the idea of being around drinking folks does not appeal to them..

Thank you for asking Winter...sorry you won't be able to start til later..sounds like you've got it under control

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have an 18 pounder, so I think I will do the same thing and make the pie tomorrow morning instead.  I just LOVE the smell of pie and turkey cooking : )

tt, can I have one more??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wait!  tt, You make half moons too??  How did I miss that??  Those are a close second to whoopie pies : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

These are half moons I made and froze, unfrosted.  I just take 4 out to frost and bring in a separate pkg for the 2 elderly gentlemen.  Now stop talking to me so I can go and get dressed.

Just heard from G.T., he will pick me up tomorrow, as planned.  Says it gives his partner time alone in the kitchen tomorrow morning, and that's what he likes, since he is doing the cooking.  

Chat later when I've got something done!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds nice Icer.  Let's hope I have it under control.  I haven't cooked a turkey since 2003.  I did ask DH to help me chop up stuff tomorrow and he had no problem.  Oh tt, I'd like  ahalf moon as well please :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You two aren't elderly!  These half moons are for the elderlies!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

But have pity on me and poor Winter working all day.... sniff..... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry.  No half moons, but here's another turkey for each of you - now make these last!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

ok..... thanks tt!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

OK, if you insist, but Amber and I are very very kind to the elderly.  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good point Winter....  but tt is not budging.  But my turkey cookie is delicious!

Sections
Shortcuts