November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2011

tt, will try your entry from the forums start, and hopefully that will get me on track.  Icer, I think  you have it figured out, at least partly, having to do with turning the clocks back, but it's still a mystery as to why it works that way for some and not others.  

Nov, Gracie is not a fan of the snow, actually.  She kaloops only when DH is out there to distract her.  And, I have to keep a sharp eye on her paws; they crack painfully if she's in the snow too much.

Pingo, how relieved you must be to have the family on solid ground, all safe and happy.

For anyone who dares click on a link (and I understand if you don't), here are all the photos we took of the storm.  I don't have it set up to have any way of knowing who views it.  http://gallery.me.com/kargiver/100273

It's 9:54 in case this posts out of order.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Not sure where this will pop up, but yes, I am having the same issue with both IE and Chrome.  There was comments on it on the Love Letters Off Topic.  This one would make sense since not all of us have this problem. 

"I'm sure you guys have very little pull with Pluck/Demand Media, but I'm going to bet my salary that they haven't patched all of their servers yet with the correct DST patches to account for the extra week or so on each side of DST.  Maybe some of them got patched correctly, but I'm sure all of our posts are not hitting the same content cache servers."

"Here's the translation for the tech-illiterate: some of BDC's computers can figure out when daylight savings time is and some cannot."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Of the people I know, it seems that tt, pingo, and icer are the only ones the problem isn't affecting.  

(10:02)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, thanks for your anniversary well wishes!!  You are almost right about the date - it's the 9th.

Hope you see this.  Posting at 10:04.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, if you haven't already, skim back to page 1 - there's big news!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Not sure if that is because I am replying to a post?  Let's see where this new one ends up.  Hopefully fixed..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    Not sure if that is because I am replying to a post?  Let's see where this new one ends up.  Hopefully fixed..
    Posted by ambergirl

Nope, didn't work.  I seem to be in order if I reply to a post. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011 : tt, I responded to this post, but it shows up before it.  Hope you guys see it, I think it is helpful
    Posted by ambergirl

That could be the answer, but I would think that that would mean that everyone would randomly have problems depending on what computer/server they hit when they posted, not that some people would always have problems and others would never have problems.  Although, I don't have a better explanation...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So you are coming up the correct time now, Amber - did you notice? I'm on my way out.  Check in later.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Let me see if it works for me this time.  I noticed it worked for Amber and tried replying to one of her posts (the last one in the thread at the time) - it didn't work.  So, will try replying to a "tt" post and see what happens.  Maybe if we "tag along" with someone who is, for whatever reason, on a server that has the correct time we can force our post to have the correct time, too.

NOPE, DIDN'T WORK :(

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Kar, is it or isn't it your anniversary today? If it is, I congratulate you and your DH and wish you both many, many more years of happiness together.
    Great pictures. You certainly had your share of snow. But it sounds like you managed to get through it all. I had "only" 13 hours of power outage; just can't imagine to be w/o it as long as you had to.
    So glad to have DH back. And he is happy to be back as well. He did't bring me home the Prosperity Hens :(  - was just too busy to go shopping. But that is fine w/ me. I know, he wasn't just sitting on his fanny twiddling his thumbs.
    He and PB son had a nice visit together in England. They found a very nice studio apartment in a really nice and safe location. So now that headache is gone.
    Son was so happy dad joined him in his search. Sometimes two heads are better than one making important decisions. It is a little on the expensive side, but one cannot pay for enough for safety. Especially, when one often gets home late at night. And it is only a 5 - 10 minutes walk from the campus. After he gets settled a bit, he can always try to find something else.
    Amber and Winter, I made the Noodle Casserole for DH last night. After I mixed in the cream cheese, I thought it was a bit dry. Had no tomato sauce on hand, so I mixed in about 1/2 cup of sour cream before baking it. Oh my, was that delicious. The best ever. Will do that from now on.
    tt, how is GT and his late friend's family? Have their power come back? Kar got her's back, and I am hoping they have it too, so they finally can plan for the funeral and get a closure.
    Will have to go to the office today for a short time - payroll tomorrow. I am planning to come home early. But tomorrow, I am taking the day off. Yeah! DH came home with a suitcase full of laundry. The first load is already in the dryer and next one in the washer. Like to get it out of the way as soon as possible.
    Enjoy this lovely sunny day - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Even tho I have chrome, I was having the same time stamp problem, Kargiver.  I deleted my old click on in the favorites, and went to Boston.com, it brought up the Lifestyle page, and I click on Forums.  That's the way I get in now with no problem.  Amber is having a terrible time too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I have a theory about the time stamp thing...I betcha the computer is on daylight savings time a tad early...It might be difficult to correct seeing as it needs to be implimented this weekend anyway..just a thought...

Thanks for the pictures Kar..looks like a lot of snow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Winter test, posting at 10:41.  

ETA:  didn't work. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

But if that's true, what's going to happen to us who show the correct time now?  Why wouldn't all of us be the same?  I believe Amber used both IE and Chrome and still showed the wrong time stamp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

But if that's true, what's going to happen to us who show the correct time now?  Why wouldn't all of us be the same?  I believe Amber used both IE and Chrome and still showed the wrong time stamp.
    Posted by toytrumpet

tt, I responded to this post, but it shows up before it.  Hope you guys see it, I think it is helpful

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Even tho I have chrome, I was having the same time stamp problem, Kargiver.  I deleted my old click on in the favorites, and went to Boston.com, it brought up the Lifestyle page, and I click on Forums.  That's the way I get in now with no problem.  Amber is having a terrible time too.
    Posted by toytrumpet

I get in the same way, but I am having the problem still. I do think it is we are hitting different servers.  Some are updated with DST and some are not

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So you are coming up the correct time now, Amber - did you notice?

I'm on my way out.  Check in later.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So you are coming up the correct time now, Amber - did you notice? I'm on my way out.  Check in later.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Appears I am in order only if I reply to the last post.  I posted a new one and it is on another page.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awesome pictures, Kar. Just cant believe, this in only October. Did you have any fallen branches? First time ever, it happened in our yard. Well, I am a bit ahead of myself wishing you a Happy Anniversary. But nevertheless, I am wishing you all the best in the years to come. I am also anxious to see, what mess it brings, when we change the time on Sat/Sun. Guess those BDC/Puck people will be up all night. At least I hope they will in order to bring some sanity to this crazyness. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo

I'm back in after having locked myself out somehow.  Anyway, thanks for the anniversary well wishes.  You are not the only early one - my great aunt (who was actually AT the wedding) sends a card in time to arrive for October 9th every year.  Funny, huh?

Our whole area had a huge mess of branches, even large trees, down.  Our property was essentially unscathed, but I don't know how.  It was like the big ice storm without the ice everywhere out here.  Getting to the spring on the back roads, I was literally driving over many yards of downed lines.  I drove home via the main roads.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011 : Let me see if it works for me this time.  I noticed it worked for Amber and tried replying to one of her posts (the last one in the thread at the time) - it didn't work.  So, will try replying to a "tt" post and see what happens.  Maybe if we "tag along" with someone who is, for whatever reason, on a server that has the correct time we can force our post to have the correct time, too. NOPE, DIDN'T WORK :(
    Posted by kargiver

Glad you are back Kar : ) You would think since the new DST has been in effect 3 years they would have figured this out.  Should be interesting to see what happens Monday after the real DST kicks in.  Until then, I will post as little as possible.  It is making me crazy 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Awesome pictures, Kar. Just cant believe, this in only October. Did you have any fallen branches? First time ever, it happened in our yard.
    Well, I am a bit ahead of myself wishing you a Happy Anniversary. But nevertheless, I am wishing you all the best in the years to come.
    I am also anxious to see, what mess it brings, when we change the time on Sat/Sun. Guess those BDC/Puck people will be up all night. At least I hope they will in order to bring some sanity to this crazyness. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I can't help laughing out loud over this crazy forum today. Re your post, Kar - thanking me for my well wishes - you are apparently a mind reader, b/c you reply was 3 minutes ahead of me.
    Also, I am on my office computer right now, and here I am in the same boat as the rest of you, plus I have a minus in front of the time stamp. Same server, but different make computers. Yell
    - Pingo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back in after hitting a few stores.  Specifically out to Job Lots for my birdseed, and this time walked down the right hand of the store - things I had never known they carried before.  Picked up a Hanes Woman's sweatshirt in my favorite color (purple) for $4, and then poked through aisles and aisles of Christmas fixings.  If you have need of any decorated square gift boxes, they really have a great selection - wrappings, ribbons, cards, decorations.  Restrained myself on that point and just picked up some colored tissue and a box of Hershey's choc/mint candy canes - first time I've diverted from the regular peppermint - but by that time I was getting hungry!  Wandered down the toy section hoping some game or two would jump out at me, but all I did see was a game by Crayola that had been copied by B&N and that I had paid double for at their store.  Pause to think.  Still looking for my Christmas baskets and thought they might have some.  None yet.

Potatoes, peas, and defrosted meatloaf for supper.  Looking forward to tomorrow's outing with a friend to the new Home Goods store and lunch.  Love Home Goods and know I'll find some treasures there.

Guess we'll all pretty much cut down on our postings until this time thing gets straightened out.  Once a day is about all the news I have to post anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November,
    Would we get a picture of Jax in his new t-shirt? How are you feeling btw?
    - Pingo

Welcome back, Kar!!  We missed you.  Is Gracie haveing a ball kalooping in the snow?  Jax still doesn't have his snow legs back yet,but ours is almost gone anyways at this point. I picked up his tshirt last night - it says "Most Awesome Big Brother".  Now all we need is to get all of our parents together and we'll let him show it off.  So excited!
    Posted by Novembride

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

They certainly haven't fixed anything, Kar. My posts here form my office doesn't keep the right timing. And one post didn't show up at all. I retyped it, and then again - no show. I gave up.
    I am anxious to see, what's up, when I get home - Pingo

Sections
Shortcuts