November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: November 2011

Thanks tt.  Icer, that is great that the community came together to get that young man there.  Sorry you lost the game, the city were I grew up lost their game as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

It is very comforting to live here..we are blessed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nice to see everyone coming back to the Chat after the holiday vacation. Icer, you must be so proud of your Honey. Your town sounds like a town, I would love to live in. Too bad you lost the game.
    Winter, your house looks pretty already. (tt, I see the entire Santa - you not? That's really interesting). Love the large ornaments. With the deer and the gifts, I can just imagine, how lovely it will be.
    Some of our neighbors have also been really busy decorating over the holiday vacation. We do not get into outdoors decorations, except for our large, red-bowed wreaths. The tradition, I grew up with, was more like a homey, full of home made indoor Christmas decorations made from, what you will find in the nature. And we have plenty of those in our yard. Moss, spruce, cones, acorns, Holly etc. That combined with lots and lots of Poinsettias and candles make a very festive Christmas.
    PB son wants a haircut, so chat later - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Pingo.  Have fun with your son today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

New toy I bought for Cheerio at Job Lots this morning.  It has crinkle sounding paper inside, as well as catnip and strings to chew on - that's what she's pulling on there.  She played with it all of 5 minutes!  Another toy being forwarded to G.T.'s cats!

Checked out the beds, but didn't see anything that looked small enough for her to curl up in.

On my way out to an appt.  Chat later.  Oh, Amber, I suddenly remember you won't be back to work until Tuesday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, Is the boys nme Nick by chance?  Saw signs in The Depot.  My cousins moved to your town close to 40 yrs ago and when we visited I hated to go home.  My youngest DD started decorating the front yard yesterday, I told her it was to early, but no way, she kept going.  No one on our street decorates cept us...I hang flags for all the holidays, change the flowers in front of my BM statue monthly, and have wreaths on our doors all year.
    tt, niece is mailing me the magazine with the tree article, nice of her huh?  I mentioned it as I thought she would know about it, never dreamt she'd get me a copy.  ss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh cute tt.  Maybe she'll play with it later?  I found some cute non catnip toys at Petco yesterday, I'll have to go back and get a couple for Christmas.  The Vet told me I shouldn't give him catnip until he's a year old...makes sense I don't need him more active than he already is.  Petco had some small beds there yesterday for $7.99. Looks like the one Yoda has.
    ss, it was a great day to put up outside decorations yesterday.  There were three of us on our street doing it, though I think we will be the only three, it's a small street too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Icer, Is the boys nme Nick by chance?  Saw signs in The Depot.  My cousins moved to your town close to 40 yrs ago and when we visited I hated to go home.  My youngest DD started decorating the front yard yesterday, I told her it was to early, but no way, she kept going.  No one on our street decorates cept us...I hang flags for all the holidays, change the flowers in front of my BM statue monthly, and have wreaths on our doors all year. tt, niece is mailing me the magazine with the tree article, nice of her huh?  I mentioned it as I thought she would know about it, never dreamt she'd get me a copy.  ss
    Posted by shakersilly2010[/QUOTE]

Yes, SS It is Nick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, I missed the candy, turkey cookies, and half moons - I bet they must be all gone by now...

Enjoyed reading all your goings on, and I missed being part of it.  Lostgrouse, I'm glad you could log in while you were away - you had better luck than I did.  I tried and tried from different paths and using 2 different browsers.

Pingo, so happy you are thrilled with the crust!!  I was hoping to see photos of your pies.  I saw your pecan came out "A+," but I didn't see a description of what you thought of the pumpkin cream - a keeper?  I guess you must have loved the crust recipe to use it for the turkey pie.  Yum!  Flakey and easy, as promised?

My pies were well received, and my mom had made an amazing flourless chocolate cake.  Both lasted for the 4 of us to have dessert every night.  TG meal was OK, but the highlight was just being there.

Glad to have everyone back.  Pingo, enjoy PB son 'til he returns Tuesday.  How was your day in Boston?

Nov, how are you feeling?

Winter, isn't it funny how sometimes birds take longer than others when they are the same weight, same temp, etc?  I've found that, too.  I still need to buy a new meat thermometer...

BG, how is DD doing?  Holidays are hard for her condition especially after a loss.

mm, hope those dealing with loss in your circle are doing well, considering.

Thanks for everyone's well wishes for our trip - it was well worth the 9 hours both ways.  The rain on the way down wasn't too bad; it ended 1/2 way there.  The way back was nondescript.  We got the house up to 63 before we went to bed.

Glad to be home.  Must unpack.

Blessings, friends,
    ~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back from the dentist to the tune of $364 - oh, how I miss my dental insurance.

Becoming quite friendly with my fish monger at S&S and again this week picked up some Haddock.  I was complaining about the smaller size, no lbers, and he explained that that is because they are no longer dragging the bottom with nets, using poles with bait now, and that is what the younger smaller fish go for.  Benefit of course, is that they are not depleting the ocean of fish that would be caught in the nets, and not even used/sold.

Kargiver, glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving vacation.  Bet Gracie was glad to see you both.

Since I get nervous before a dental appt., didn't eat much beforehand, so am preheating the oven now for the haddock and some fr fries.  Cheerio knows she smells something GOOD too.

Starts getting dark so early, I hate it.  I don't do much after dark, so it means even more of each day that I'm not accomplishing anything!  Hear the oven beeping, so will go put my supper in.  Never thought I'd be one of those 4-5 p.m. supper diners!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, sounds like you had a fun trip.  tt, I can smell your haddock over here. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah!  We picked up Gracie on the way home last night.  Wasn't sure we'd be leaving early enough or how the traffic would be so I made plans to get her this morning.  The kennel owner was happy to accomodate the change, and Gracie was so happy to see Mommy and Daddy!

Ouch, tt, that's a lot.  Although, I'll be spending quite a bit on 2 fillings next time, and I do have insurance.  Why, though, I'm not sure...

Gosh, yes, it's dark already, and I want to hibernate, lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

BTW, Winter, thanks for the tip about the  bed at Petco.  I know there's a PetSmart out next to Trader Joe's, and I think both shops carry about the same things.  I figured they would be a lot higher in the pet stores.  The ones I saw at Job Lots today (smaller ones) were $7.99, but they were too big for delicate little Cheerio girl!  I want something she can curl up snugly in.  I'll check the pet store out, have to get to TJ's anyway for some more of her treats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mine were two small fillings too, Kargiver.  I told the dentist (whom I've gone to for years) that I was surprised I still got cavities at my age, that someone had told me as you got older the bacteria in your mouth changed, so you weren't so apt to get them.  He had a good laugh and said, "Who told you that, the lady at the candy store as you walked out with your bag of candy?"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, this is what they look like.  Yoda has one that looks like this as well.
    http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10793568.  I like the comeback your dentist gave you. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks Winter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Anytime tt.  Enjoy your supper, I'm heading out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, ladies!  We love and enjoy my folks so much, but there's no place like home.

DH is off to work in my car because for some reason he brought his car keys to PA, and then left them on their key hook.  Dad popped them in the mail, of course, but until then we're a one-car family.

The cable guy is coming; we've had problems with this box since October, and now, with Pingo in mind, I demanded a NEW box, telling the coordinator that if there isn't a brand new, never opened, cable box on the way to just not bother coming at all and I'll switch our service to Dish.

On the docket today is pumpkin bread and butternut/chicken soup.  DH picked a cabbage for me to make our cabbage turkey dish for lunch.  Then, for dinner, he picked our first beets, another round of Brussels sprouts, and believe it or not, near-December broccoli (all of which he took with him today for lunch).  We hope to lose a few pounds before Christmas attacks our waistlines.

tt, your dentist has a quick sense of humor. :)  I don't usually think of witty things like that until well after the moment of delivery passes.  I'm thinking about getting the silver ones, much cheaper, but it depends on just how visible they'll be; apparently they are on the edge of a smile...

Gotta get ready for cable company.  Have a great (warm!) day, everyone.

~kar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Too bad about DH's car keys, you don't have a set to his car?  We each have a set to the other's car, just in case. 

I'm telling you since we've gotten Verizon Fios, we haven't had any problems at all and the picture is better than Comcast and the Internet is so much faster.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Winter!  I choked reading your praise of Verizon!  I had nothing but trouble with both my phone and computer when I started out with them.  No phone problems since I switched, and the only computer problem I'm finding is slowness on IE, but with the Chrome, no problem.  The one time my phone was out because of heavy storms, it was back within 2 hours.  That would have been a miracle with Verizon, with them it was always days.  You've evidently got a good batch of telephone wires with them, that's waht they always blamed it on, was cracked wires that they didn't want to repair.  I noticed their truck at the corner street pole just the other day.  Don't think anyone on this street still has them.  Glad you're making out OK.

ETA:  So hyped up by your post, forgot to say, "Good morning, all"!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Too funny tt.  I had Comcast before I moved and it as HORRIBLE.  I went with free Internet for 4 months straight I think because the service kept going out. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, but for better or worse, we do not have Vios available in our town.  Actually, I'm pretty sure my threats to switch to anything other than Charter are empty, but I want a new box so...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Missed so much, so won't even bother trying to address everything.  Sorry about the double posts tt.  I did want you to know I seen the picture of cutie Cheerio on your robe and then I went to test to see if I could write something and hit send instead.  : )  Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Holiday.  I had one of the best Thanksgivings.  Unexpected company came later and we laughed and carried on until well after midnight.  Needless to say I was best friends with my couch Friday.  But well worth it and nice to know I still have it in me : )  Kar that is just horrible with your cable service.  They best give you a new box and you really should get a month's free service or one of the pay channels for all your trouble.  Well, have to catch up with work, will check in later and very happy to be back with my chat friends!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, so good to hear from you.  Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday.  How are Amber and the boys?  Yoda is starting to get himself in trouble, but he certainty is cute as its happening.  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So good to see your post, Amber.  I'm on my way out in about half an hour, so will catch up this afternoon.  Nice surprise you had for Thanksgiving - sometimes those unplanned visits turn out to be the best.

Good luck with the cable guy, Kargiver.  You've been more than patient with them. Sure he isn't sabotaging the lines just to have an excuse to come out and see Gracie again? LOL