November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: November 2011

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm be off site at training tomorrow and Thursday.  I'll post when I can during break, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have a great day tomorrow, Winter - thanks for letting us know; we'd be looking for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks. The training is close to home, so tomorrow I can post since I don't have to take my son to school, he's with his dad. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy Training day Winter...

MM I am sooo jealous of your Charles walks..makes me think I need to get back out there...alas..the holidays ARE so hectic

2morow we find out about the baby's sex...The kids have only picked out male names..Zachary..We'll see..I am kind of excited...My Mom..is absolutly on edge..I guess we will have to treat her like you do a toddler...not tell her stuff til it gets closer...cause this is gonna be one loooong haul til May

I have been able to line dry our clothes the past 2 day ...whoot whoot..we'll spend the electricity on the Xmas lights

Well...I am toddling off...ttys

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi kar -

That stinks.  Insist on a new box and watch him remove the wrapper!  I threatened to go to Directv and Comcast seemed to pay attention to my idle threat. I would never attach a dish to the side of my very old house.  

I wish I could post the picture, too. In fact, I'm reluctant to post any pictures at all.  I already feel that I've given out too much info.  Sadly, there are weirdos about. I don't even want to say the names of my cats, and I hate that. It's my son's doing and he has scared me to a certain extent. That's the one drawback to our online friendships.  We know so much about each other through our posts but there's a big chunk missing.  Just the way it is.

mothermitzi 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer, how exciting!  Zach is a nice, strong boy's name.  May is a long way off for anyone so excited already they could burst!

mm, I understand and feel the same way - it's too bad that their are injurious weirdos out there!

I'd love to demand a new box, but that doesn't seem to work.  I told them yesterday that I didn't want the guy to even bother coming without a brand new cable box with the shrink wrap still on it, but he did.  And, the "new" box that we just got at 4:00 is not new, either.  So far, so good...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Never go to DIRECT TV!

With Verizon and "most" cable companies you're not locked into a multi-year contract!

DIRECT TV...ad a channel extends contract term...with $$$$$  penalty for early cancel! .

DIRECT TV = poor QOS too!...weather, satelites, etc....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Just having a nice hot cuppa and getting on the computer before I have to leave.  I think I can leave at 9 or so to make my training at 9:30, it's in the next town over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

RT, thanks!  Thanks for the warning.  No worries.  My threats to leave Charter are totally empty, but don't tell.  So far so good with the replaced frayed cable (have no idea how that ever worked) and "new" box they gave us yesterday afternoon.

Winter, have a great time offsite.  Those days always felt like a quasi vacation to me.  Enjoy!

Looks like another lovely day for so late in the year.  I need to get my car inspected; DH took the pickup truck to work since his keys did not arrive yesterday.  What else...nothing special, I guess.

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It does look like a beautiful day.  DH was home yesterday so he put out some more Christmas decorations outside and put up our tree.  It's not decorated yet, but it's a start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]It does look like a beautiful day.  DH was home yesterday so he put out some more Christmas decorations outside and put up our tree.  It's not decorated yet, but it's a start.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

When  I got home in the afternoon I set up everything on an upstairs bed - all the Christmas baskets (boxes this year), put the filling in, and began opening up all the bags of things I have picked up along the way, and filling them, seeing who had what, and who needed what.  Further along than what I had thought, so that's a good thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, that's what I was going to do today - get the Christmas tree (take that, Gov. of RI) down from the attic.  Poor DH wants a real one so bad, but I'm allergic.  He's a good sport about it since we tried a real one (a variety that doesn't have as much scent as others) once, and I had bronchitis the whole season.  Yup, still allergic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have no gifts except we did get DS, but it hasn't arrived yet.  I'm going shopping Suinday with friends so hopefully I can get it all done then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I too am allergic, so new real tree for us. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I bought some early presents for the nieces and nephews with a groupon and have to sort those out.  I'm in a huge quandry about what on earth to get DH for Christmas.  Last year, I got him a hiking/outdoorsy GPS that he LOVES and uses all the time.  He even uploaded maps from my parents' area and used it down there last week.  The year before, I got him a telescopic lens for his SLR camera, and he likes having it, but he doesn't use it too much.  The year before, he got a weather station that is quite involved - takes installation around the proptery, and it's still in the box.  That surprises me - he's a weather fanatic.  Anyway, those were all my best ideas...I'm out.  We buy for his parents and then draw names for the adult siblings and spouses on DH's side and all the adults (including my parents) on my side.

I wish we could make Christmas more like TG - no gifts just family, cards, and good food.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Since we just got the TV that's our present to each toher except for some stocking stuffers and something for him from DS.  I'll try to think of something for your DH. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I love the whole gift shopping experience.  Plan to tack some more of that on today's errands.  Seeing those boxes with the red filler all lined up yesterday, and sorting the kids' presents into family piles, really got me in the mood to finish up.  May wrap this year too, instead of just dumping into gift bags.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for thinking about it for me.  I'd be happy if we considered Gracie's medical care our gift to each other, but he's too traditional and set in his Christmas ways to go for anything like that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's why we got the TV so close to Christmas we have both been wanting one so I just said, let's do it for Christmas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I like the shopping experiences as well, I just never have the time, so every eyars my girlfriends and I do an all day Christmas shopping day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I've been really busy at work (we are down a person in my department) and am beat by the time I get home, so no time to post, but I've scanned here and there and am glad to hear everyone is well.  Hard to believe we are through Thanksgiving and into Christmas already!  Wow.  I really need to get in gear with shopping.  I put up the tree and let the kids decorate it over the weekend, so that is taken care of.  Hopefully this weekend, I'll bring out the rest of the decorations.

I'm otherwise doing good.  Still no appetite and a slight case of the queasies first thing in the AM, but its totally manageable.  We've told the extneded families and some more friends - usually as we see people in person, so that has been fun. 

Happy thoughts to all...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem. nice to see you.  So sorry you're down a person at work, that's tough when it happens.  Glad you are still feeling good but tired. I need to head out to training now, I'll pop in when I can.  Have a good day everyone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gift exchanging is fun for me, too, but only when the value of the gifts is about the same.  Otherwise, I appreciate and love my gift, but I can't help but feel bad about it, you know?

ETA:  Nov, didn't see your post 'til I did.  So good to see you pop in.  That's awesome you're not all that ill and are getting to enjoy your first trimester.  Telling must be so much fun!  It makes me think of the Scrubs where Carla was pregnant and she said she couldn't wait to see everyone's individual reactions as she told all her friends (JD and Turk had already spilled the beans).  Did you watch that series?  Anyway, YAY for this exciting time for you and DH!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's the actual shopping I enjoy, Kargiver.  hunting for just the right things for each person.  My cousin shops just the opposite - buys things, and then decides who they will go to.  She was telling me the other night some things she had picked up at B&N, (had to use the coupons they were emailing her, and these things were bargains) and now trying to decide who to give them to.  That's putting the wagon before the horse, to my way of thinking. 

ETA:  Getting ready to go out now.  I'll check in later. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hm, that's backwards to me, too, tt.  I try to get something very personal for each recipient, something they will particularly use and enjoy.  Random all-purpose gifts?  Strange, but to each her own, I guess, and her heart is in the right place!