November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: November 2011

Good morning all,
    Hard to believe we have reach December (tmw.) with such nice weather; I am not complaining.
    Gift purchasing will be easy for me this year. DH's family is not gift givers, but we always have something for them, when they come here for Christmas. They accept gracefully, but never bring gifts. How long has it been? It bothered me in the beginning - especially when the boys were young, but I am ok with it now. I don't want to let it ruin my Christmas. But this year we will be in Texas, so no gift purchases for that side of the family. And I think it is a good way to end it completely. And for Texas, we have picked names and set an upper limit - so that is a fairly easy one. All DH and I now have to do is to get something for our DIL and the boys. mm, PB son will be with us for Christmas. He is not starting at the university until January.
    DH and I have already gotten our Christmas gift from the boys - even though we haven't "used" it yet. I wasn't going to tell, but I am so excited, so now I am anyway. The boys are taking the family to Orlando and a 4 days cruise mid December, before PB son leaves the company. It's is a good deal with all the bennies, but still a large chunk of money. They have been so hush, hush about it, until an envelope arrived with all the details (well they did ask DH, and he gave them a go ahead). At first I thought it was crazy - just before Christmas, but then I realized, I am not doing Christmas this year; first time ever. So now I am really excited. They have made all the arrangements. Airlines,  hotel booking in DW, restaurant reservations, car rental etc. etc. All we have to do is to pack our suitcases and get to the airport. I still can't believe it is happening.
    November, good to hear you are feeling well. Have you started to  show yet? I couldn't wait to buy my first maternity outfit. At that time, they only had some awful ones tucked away in a corner of the department stores, so I made several of my own. But these days, there are so many stores selling maternity clothing, and lots of pretty outfits.
    Better get going. Have an appointment this early afternoon. Enjoy your mini "vacation", Winter. Chat later - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello from break.  Pingo, I'm a huge fan of Disney.  We are going in June for a week, but DS doesn't know yet.  You will have a great time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, how exciting - Disney!!  My SIL just went to FL, and she throughly enjoyed the SPF stuff she got from here and said they really worked:  Coolibar

And, great idea to let this Christmas start a new tradition of no gifts for the in-laws.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo, what an exciting treat for your family!  I know you will have a wonderful time.  My ILs are planning a whole family trip to FL in April, but i'm not sure yet that I'll be able to go. 

I'm not showing yet, but DH commented this weekend that the shape of my tummy looks different, so maybe it is coming soon.  I just really noticed it today, but my chest is certainly starting to show.  It makes me laugh to myself that people are still commenting on my weight loss.  I almost want to say "wait a month".  I've been browsing maternity clothes online and have hope for a stylish pregnancy.  I hinted to my mom that I would like some open-front sweaters for xmas (she asked if I wanted any maternity clothes yet).  Perfect timing that those are in style.  I can just let my belly grow and still wear them. I will be quite sad when it is time to stop wearing cute heels. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How exciting Novem.  I remember when I was pregnant the styles weren't that great.  Why would I want a giant bow in the middle of my chest?  Lucky for me I was due in September, so I could wear long flowy dresses, etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, you are being nice - the maternity clothing was just awful some years back. Oh yea, that big bow. My first bought dress had it plus a big white collar. Oh, Lord! Fortunately, I know how to use a sewing machine, so I removed both, and the dress was fine. I decided, I could do a lot better, and made myself some nice outfits. Including a long empire gown, I had to wear to a black tie function. Lots of ladies commented on it and asked, which 'boutique' I used. I just told them,"Some seamstress in my town." I didn't want to get into it further. - Pingo

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]How exciting Novem.  I remember when I was pregnant the styles weren't that great.  Why would I want a giant bow in the middle of my chest?  Lucky for me I was due in September, so I could wear long flowy dresses, etc.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

pingo, that's great!  I'm sure you will have a great time.  I'm a big fan of DW.  I bet it won't be too crowded just before Christmas.  I've heard the holiday decorations are beautiful. 

Another beautiful day.  I walked home last night and will again tonight.  For all we know, it could be snowing next week. 

november, glad you are managing well. I know what it's like to be short handed at work.  My boss has been in NY attending to business for several months now. The days fly by.  That is the advantage of being busy. 

mothermitzi  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My grandmother made all her own and my mom's maternity clothes, too.  I guess maternity wear has been absymal for a long time and was due (get it?) to be overhauled.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I have seen plenty of older family photos with those dresses in them.  I think the point then was to hide the bump under tons of flowing material.   Not very flattering at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November,
    There is just no reason a pregnant woman should not look stylish. I gave all mine away to a friend several years after my second pregnancy. She was in heaven - and it was still in style then.
    Thanks God, "we have come a long way baby" - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

We are having a Zachary

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Out this morning shopping, came home and ate, and went back out again.  Stores and parking lots a lot more crowded this afternoon, but did come home with some treasures, so worth it.

Congratulations on your upcoming trip to DW, Pingo.  I've never been, not my cup of tea, but everyone who has been there has loved it.  What a fun Christmas present.

Amber, haven't seen you today, and Princess, where are you?  Hope you're feeling OK.

Maternity clothes brings me back to when I jumped into them, long before I actually needed them!  Made my own tops tho, just bought the skirts and slacks.  When my DILs were pregnant, I don't think they even bought maternity clothes, just large looser sizes.  They were peanuts anyway, with just that "bump".  Same with my GD.

Got to bring my latest purchases upstairs and get them sorted out.  Already dipped into some coconut/chocolate squares I bought for myself - delicious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Icer!  Congratulations!  Saw your post when mine came up.  Love the name, and I'm partial to little boys.  Congratulations, grandma.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Congratulations Icer...I too am partial to little boys.  I cried (tears of joy) when I found out I was having a boy.  Both sides had all ready had granddaughters so my DS is the first grandson on either side.  He's my mom's only grandson and she spoils him so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congrats Icer!  Looks like their instinct was right. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, icer!  I love knowing the gender before buying or making gifts.  Zach is a great name. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, Icer - congratulations!
    I am partial to boys too - wonder why. Your honey must be so excited. I know my Dad was, so he could teach them all the trades. My Dad was such a handyman. Could and would fix anything. And he taught the boys, how to use tools etc. and how to fix minor things in the house. They were both so eager to learn from him. He had so much more patience with them than DH.
    Love the name - nice strong boy's name. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, DW was not my cup of tea either - until the boys begged us to take them there. They had been travelling all over the world from a young age, but "lacking" something in their minds --- they had never been to DW.
    Now I absolutely LOVE it there. Been 3 times to DW and once to DL in CA, so this is my 5th time.  I don't go on any of the rides (except for It's a Small World - just love that one). DW is so much more than an amusement park IMO. You can't feel anything but happy there. Besides it is a beautiful and so clean park. Fresh flowers abundant. Everything so well taken care of. Not a piece of gum or candy wrapper in sight. We went once at Christmas time. Their Christmas decorations are just amazingly beautiful. - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations Icer...I too am partial to little boys.  I cried (tears of joy) when I found out I was having a boy.  Both sides had all ready had granddaughters so my DS is the first grandson on either side.  He's my mom's only grandson and she spoils him so.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

winter, 

Spoiling grandchildren is a grandmother's prerogative!

mothermitzi

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi icer -

I might as well chime in and tell you I like the name, too.  In my husband's family it is a common middle name.  Some ancestor was named Zachary and it continues down the line. My son was supposed to get it, but I won and he got my father's first name as his middle name.   

mothermitzi

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Brrrr, is it cold out today compared to what we have had recently.  Icer, congratulations!  I love the name Zachary.  Are they going to call him Zachary or Zach?  I worked with a woman who would get upset when people shortened her sons name, so just curious.  DH and I took DD on the Disney cruise back in 1990 for Christmas. I loved DW too!  Pingo I was amazed at how clean it was too.  I hope everyone is fine.  No time yesterday to catch up, just caught the gist of what was going on.  Have a good day!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Psst, it's December! :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Congratulations Icer, MM is so right it is our progative to spoil our grandchiildren.. I love the name Zachary, that is my grandsons name.
    Went to foxwoods yesterday, no win, just fun.....take care all ss

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

ss, everyone is on the December thread : )