November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: November 2011

Ahhh the "Whatcha having for supper?" thing.....take out at Casa d"Icer...I'm doing yard work today.

posted at correct time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm the amazing mind-reading kargiver, Pingo.  ;)

Went out with Gracie and got her a new (fresh smelling) collar.  Had bleached the old one to death, and can't get the stink out.  Soaked it in Nature's Miracle to no avail, as well.  So, she's sporting a bright red one at DH's request.  He's had it with the pink stuff!

Posting at 3:43.

~kar

ETA:  Did they fix it while we were gone???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry I haven't posted today.  I've been supper busy here at work the last few days.  We are having chicken cordon blue for dinner with scalloped potatoes and corn or peas. tt, it seems like you hit pay dirt at Job Lots.  Which one did you go too?  Fellsway or Danvers? 
    Awe, I liked Gracie collar, maybe she can go back to pink next time. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't think my posts are showing up at all!!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, your posts are here, Winter.

I went to the one off of Route 1.  To me it's a lot neater, cleaner store than their Danvers one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ok, let's see if I can post in the right order and time. Nice hunting tt.  I have no idea what I am having for dinner. Probably something light. 

ETA: Looks like it might be fixed.  Yay!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I see my posts now.  :)  tt, I'll check that one out, it's closer to me, but I'm not on Route 1 much.  I've gone to the Medford one, but that leaves little to be desired. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ambergirl - DH will love it, too.  I have to admit it does look good against her black coat.  I really liked her (far too small, now) dark purple one best, but he asked for red, and he's had no input so far so it was his turn.  She looks like the trade mark on dog.com, doesn't she?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]I see my posts now.  :)  tt, I'll check that one out, it's closer to me, but I'm not on Route 1 much.  I've gone to the Medford one, but that leaves little to be desired. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

The one I spoke of off Route 1 has stayed very organized and it's clean.  I don't feel like I'm going into a Building 19 when I go in there, and I do the Danvers one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter it took a long time for your posts to appear, but they are here, yay!  I know, love her in pink, but DH is embarrassed, lol.  Here she is sporting a less girly red:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love the red Kar.  It looks so good against her black, glossy coat.  She is a beauty...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, Kar. That looks beautiful. I love it on her. It looks so --- majestic. If you don't like it - have two. One for DH and one pink for you, when you take her out. But truly, the red one is so lovely with her beautiful black coat. IMO anyway. - Pingo n Response to Re: November 2011 :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I like it, too. (I posted to Ambergirl, but it got shoved a few posts up, again.)  I'd have gotten the dark purple, again, but he asked for red so red it is.  He hasn't been here to chose one thing for her so it was only fair.

ETA:  Darn it, I guess the boards are not fixed - I posted this after Pingo's (and ambergirl's after hers) at 6:23.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I agree w/ you, tt. But it is actually Lynnfells Parkway, when you come from Winter's part of the world.
    Glad you had a great time there. Did you go to the back of the store, where they all kind of sizes of foil pans for just 25 cents each? It boggled my mind. Why bother cleaning your old baking pan any longer. I use them now for my meat loaves. Especially after my disaster with the burnt on one. LOL
    Besides they are great for sending home with or taking to a party. Don't have to worry about loosing your expensive baking pan any longer. I have lost a few.
     - Pingo

[QUOTE]Yes, your posts are here, Winter. I went to the one off of Route 1.  To me it's a lot neater, cleaner store than their Danvers one.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, Kar. That looks beautiful. I love it on her. It looks so --- majestic. If you don't like it - have two. One for DH and one pink for you, when you take her out. But truly, the red one is so lovely with her beautiful black coat. IMO anyway. - Pingo

n Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Winter it took a long time for your posts to appear, but they are here, yay!  I know, love her in pink, but DH is embarrassed, lol.  Here she is sporting a less girly red:
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I agree w/ you, tt. But it is actually Lynnfells Parkway, when you come from Winter's part of the world. Glad you had a great time there. Did you go to the back of the store, where they all kind of sizes of foil pans for just 25 cents each? It boggled my mind. Why bother cleaning your old baking pan any longer. I use them now for my meat loaves. Especially after my disaster with the burnt on one. LOL Besides they are great for sending home with or taking to a party. Don't have to worry about loosing your expensive baking pan any longer. I have lost a few.  - Pingo In Response to Re: November 2011 :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

As for Job Lots, I believe I said off Route 1, yes, meaning Fellsway.  The foil pans are now on the right hand side going down in among the aisles of all kinds of boxes, bags, cards, paraphenalia for Christmas.  I was looking at some turkey size ones today, but hesitated since they didn't have handles and I wasn't sure of their strength.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know what tt meant about off of Route 1.  I'm not afraid to go on it, I just don't very often.  I'm accesibale from 93 and 128, so don't go up route 1 often, but I'll head to that Job Lots this weekend.  I am not a fan of the one in Medford at all or Danvers for that matter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I am shakin' up my Martini things..night All

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I only butted in, because I know people, who will not attempt anything on or off Rt. 1. (I don't blame them). So if Winter is like that, I believe coming from the Malden, Melrose, Stoneham area (which I believe, she is), Lynnfells Parkway sounds a lot less threatening.
    I am very happy with that Job Lot. I have not been to any other, but if I can get DH to go shopping w/ me there a second time, that means it is ok. I once took him to 19 1/2 in Burlington. He stepped in, looked around and told me, "You do your shopping, I will wait in the car." Truly!
    Did you pickup your bird seeds? What did you pay for them?  We are  due for another couple of bags. My birds loved the last bag, we picked up from there. Actually we did pick up two bags. The first was so full of corn, but the second one was a birds delight.
    As far as turkey pans w/o handles - I would just use two or three for stability depending on the size of the turkey. I have done that in the past. And I paid a lot more than 25 cents for each of them. That was of course a long time ago, before I got my fancy, pansy pan, I hardly ever use. Now that I cook two smaller turkeys in my convection/microwave oven, I just use a normal size baking pan.
    How was the meat loaf dinner? I am waiting for DH to come home from his tennis game. It's Thursday night after all. I have leftovers for him; I ate a nice liverwurst sandwich w/ sliced cucumber. Yum!
    Have a nice evening - pingo

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: November 2011 : As for Job Lots, I believe I said off Route 1, yes, meaning Fellsway.  The foil pans are now on the right hand side going down in among the aisles of all kinds of boxes, bags, cards, paraphenalia for Christmas.  I was looking at some turkey size ones today, but hesitated since they didn't have handles and I wasn't sure of their strength.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Would love to join you, Icer. I am 'shaking up' my washer and dryer. Everything that came home with DH has to be washed. Some of it - like the whites - twice. They do wash there, but it all has a funny smell and the white turns grey. Takes me several times to get them back to the whites, I sent him off with.
     - Pingo

[QUOTE]I am shakin' up my Martini things..night All
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I buy the Kaytee Birders Blend - $13 or $13.99 today I think.  Have bought that for years.

I'm not even sure what I'll be having for Christmas this year.  It's that hard time that they come and say they're not going to eat because they're having dinner at home or elsewhere, yet G.T., partner, and I do want a meal, so I'm caught with a buffet that people will feel like eating when the 4 boys and their families are here -any time from 11:00 - 1:00.  It's difficult - 20 people but noone wants a dinner.  I usually end up with the buffet things and then trying to get a dinner on the table for us when they leave.  Too much work for me alone these days.  I won't start planning it yet, because with the new baby there may be new plans made and fewer coming.  As a woman I was talking to in Job Lots said, "Christmas stuff already?  Let's get through Thanksgiving first!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning All,

Made it to Friday!  Looking forward to the weekend.  Usual routine planned, visiting w/Mom tomorrow and catching up around the house w/DH on Sun.  Also have to remember that tomorrow my town will be trick-or-treating.  Seems so strange in November, but I do enjoy seeing the kids dressed up.  Have been hiding the candy from my DH all week, lol.

Kar - Love Gracie's new collar - she looks so pretty.  We just ordered one for Spencer - a little B&W one w/paw prints on it.  It will match him well. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!  

I wonder where this post will end up appearing in the thread...

Prin, our town is trick-or-treating Saturday night, too, thanks for the reminder.  Hope you and Mom have a great day tomorrow visiting.  And, I hope you'll post a pic of Spencer's new collar, too - sounds adorable.

Snow still covers our lawn and is piled up where DH plowed.  I visited a store with Gracie yesterday that was STILL without power, and the owner followed us back to the dog section with a FLASHLIGHT!  They were powering the registers with a generator.  No lights, no heat.  On the way there, I noticed why - trees were a MESS.  I was wishing I had had my camera; the damage is far worse than it was on our road.  If anyone wants to see all the photos I took and you don't mind clicking on a link (I can't gather any stats or information on anyone who does) here it is:

Just saw on the news kids were suspended for hugging on school grounds.  I'd have been in big trouble...  What have things come to that we can't show (welcome) innocent affection?

Must get caught up today on the cooking - pumpkin bread, butternut/chix soup, and "cabbage and turkey."  And, hoping a vacuum cleaner part comes today...I've been dusting the wood and using the carpet sweeper.

TGIF, everyone!!!  

ETA:  Well, my post is at the end of the thread, but the time stamp is off by an hour.  It's actually 7:35.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I also would like to test post..My time is 9:16..But I saw a negative time on the opening page

and there you have it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I guess I'll jump in and see where mine comes up, as I'm seeing a minus sign on the first posts.  If this timestamp thing is still off, kind of glad I won't be around today to try and jump around making sense of the posts.

Looks a little dreary out now, but supposed to see sun this afternoon.  May the sun shine on my shopping expedition!  Have a good day everyone.  Will check back in later today.

ETA:  I see I'm out of the loop again - my time is 9:29 and here I am backtreading.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, ambergirl - DH will love it, too.  I have to admit it does look good against her black coat.  I really liked her (far too small, now) dark purple one best, but he asked for red, and he's had no input so far so it was his turn.  She looks like the trade mark on dog.com, doesn't she?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

So funny Kar, she looks just like that!