November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: November 2011

Novem, did your family like the shirt Jax was wearing?  How is DS taking the news.
    mm, It was  a lot of running around but he seems to like soccer so it's worth it. Basketball starts this Wednesday with practice and then games start later in the month on Sundays, so that will be less stressful then busy Saturdays.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

They loved it!  And, as expected, thought we were getting another dog.  Took a few minutes to convince them otherwise.

DS was with his Mom this weekend.  We will wait to tell him in person.  Right now, none of the kids (nieces and nephews) know.  Just parents, sibs and sib in laws.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back from Worcester - what a mess!  The city is picking up branch debris today, and it's piled high in front of every house and business, lining the roads, much like after the ice storm.

mm, thanks for the warning, but I didnt' see it before I left and spent my regular "too much" at Trader Joe's, lol.  It adds up, but not like it would at Whole Foods so...

tt, hope you have an uneventful dental appointment.

Pingo, I like going grocery shopping during the week; it's much less crowded.  Enjoy your trip!

Nov, that's so cool you told your big news!  Did you let Jax do the honors?

Winter, bless you for doing the sports with your kids.  It's a sacrifice for sure, one they don't fully appreciate for another, what, 20 years?  

Gracie enjoyed her stove time while Mommy was out.  The house warmed up to 67...perfect given the warm sun that will be hitting the front all afternoon.

11:30 already, the groceries are put away.  I was starving and had TJ's baked cheese curls (yum) and a hunk of reduced fat smoked gouda, just as creamy tasting as the regular.  I suppose I should have something "real" for lunch.

Have a great afternoon, everyone,
    ~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Delicious piece of haddock from S&S for supper.  Previously frozen, again $5.99. Got a piece a couple of weeks ago and it too was so sweet.  Bought a pkg. of McCain's skinny fries to bake with and topped off with a pepsi was delish. Saving a slab of apple pie for later.  Had my list all made out for last week's specials which I never got to buy, so was thrown a little when I went to pick up 2 Thomas' Eng. mfns - buy 1/1 free, and saw they were $3.49 each!  That's when I changed my after breakfast sweet to apple pie!

Front lawn is covered with leaves.  I was hoping against hope that my mowers would have one more week to mow - got a call today saying they were done for the season, unless of course, I wanted to pay some outrageous price for them to take care of the leaves.  I believe we have one more leaf pick up day in town, and I think it's next week, so sometime before then I'll beg help from my youngest and get them raked and bagged.

Amber, did you watch "Once Upon a Time" last night - Prince Charming and Snow White.  Whoever writes these has a wonderful sense of imagination.

Congrats to your son, Winter.  I imagine he and my grandson are in different divisions for basketball games.  Grandson's games start in December, Sunday's too.  If not, we just might meet at one!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We're with you, tt, with the leaves.  DH wanted to mow one last time before the snow covered the lawn.  Who knew it would be covered so early?!  GL with the leaf removal; I'm sure you'll get help especially if you wave a tray of whoopie pies. :)

Your haddock sounds yummy.  I often get the previously frozen from our local mart, and it's surprisingly delicious.  Tonight, we're having the last of our green peppers that DH picked before the frost in a pepper/onion/chicken sausage saute.  Got to go tend it.

How was your dental appointment, tt?

Where was everyone today?  Hope everyone had a good one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Dental exam showed up a little decay between 2 teeth that has to be taken care of.  Surprising, since I faithfully go for cleanings and check ups every 4 months. Someone missed something last time.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, that's too bad, so disheartening after you take such good care to avoid issues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was quiet on the boards, but I only checked a couple of times.  I did watch Once Upon a Time and I am hooked tt.  What great writing and acting.  Love how they go back and forth.  Going to be a really nice day so I will make sure to go out for lunch.  Hope everybody has a great day!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I was having big trouble getting to bostom.com yesterday.  tt, my son won't be playing on the travel team yet for basketball.  Maybe next year. 

Novem, I'm glad Jax's shirt went over well.  Too funny that they thought you were getting a new puppy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning all - not too much new here either.  My boss is out this week, so I am covering for her (in addition to my own work) so that's keeping me quite busy.

I need to make a dessert for TG and am thinking of your infamous whoopie pies tt.  Will they be okay if I make them the day before?  I would referigerate them, correct?  Remember, you are dealing with a novice here, lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

No need to refrigerate the whoopie pies, Princess.  They are best at their freshest, so I would only make them 2 days ahead of time at the most.  Don't know what you have for storing them - put a piece of wax paper between layers (they'll make 15 - 18 depending on the size) is you stack them, and in an airtight container.  I have a couple of rectangle plastic containers that I use and the leftover ones I put in a cake plate with a dome.  If you decide to make them, hope they're a hit.  I'm still fudging around with whether to make gingerbread turkeys or what, to bring along with the pumpkin soup.

My GS just made the traveling team this year, Winter and is so excited to be playing with the older guys.  My GD (the one who comes to make cookies) is just as excited - "And we can go to his games and cheer for him!"  A future cheerleader in the making.

Novem, laughed at your fam's reaction to Jax's shirt.  Once they realized who was really coming, bet there was plenty of celebration.

I wonder if SS is having trouble again getting into the Forums.  She got in one day, and then ran into the same problems again each time she would try.

Heading out in 45 minutes, so have to get a move on with a few things around here.     

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello folks..just a quick note..Pingo..Does your area DD sell thge bags of coffee on Mondays at a discounted price? Where we are...on Mondays..2 lbs for 11.00. Just thought I would share that...Its kind of funny...I get to know a lot of Chefs and restaurant people...A gift from DD thrills them all.

And on the "Once Upon a time" note...Honey and I love it...I escpecially like the way they play thge previous week right b4 the new episode

Cleaning Mom's house today..she is having the "Girls" over

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, he could have played either, but I wasn't sure I wanted to drive throughout Middlesex county in the Winter.  Some of our soccer games were in Westford, Dracut and Lowell.  Have a good day tt, where are you off to kalooping?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, I know what you mean about the driving all through the county - some of the schools my son mentioned he will be playing against, I never even heard of!  I'm not as adventurous driving as I was when both me and my car were younger!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, ladies. :)

Princess, great choice of desserts - the pics of those pies make my mouth water.  tt already answered, they'll be at their best if they are fresh (like tt said, a day or 2 ahead) and have not been refrigerated.

Gracie and I will be getting some apples today at a local orchard - ours are all gone.  Other than that, not sure, but we'll be soaking up the warm sun.  She's out on the patio right now doing just that, actually.

Have a great day,
    ~kar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Busy morning - lots of posting :) Too bad about your cavity, tt. Especially as you have been taken so good care of your pearlies. Hope it does not turn into something major.
    Icer, thank you so much for the tip. I will definitely check it out. I hardly ever go inside DD, and therefore must have missed it. I usually buy the DD coffee at MB, when it is on sale. But 2 for 1 is a lot less than MB's sales price.
    Amber, did you ever get your English cucumber? I forgot to mention, you don't need to peel them. They are wrapped and the peel is very thin.
    Winter - do I ever remember too those wintery, icy drives to places, I never heard of. And that time we had no GPS' - glad I don't have to do that these days.
    November, what a riot, that your family thought you were going to have another puppy. I am sure they were all so thrilled for you, when they finally realized, what is really happening. Are you still feeling well? Do we get a picture of Jax in his brotherly t-shirt?
    Princess, hope for you, your boss will return soon. It is tough keeping up doing work for two people.
    Kar, have fun with Gracie at the orchard. Are you allowed to bring her there? My niece went with her 3 young ones to some orchard ? nearby her - and they were not allowed to take their puppy - even leached.
    Not much happening around here either. Got my TG recipes out last night. I feel like changing the menu. There are so many new delicious recipes out there. But I know, it will not go over well. Maybe keep the old stand-byes and add a couple of new items, and see how it goes. One thing is for sure though, I will do the Ina Garten's turkey roulade again. It was a hit last year. I boned it myself last year; that was the hardest part. Will let the butcher do it this year.
    Yesterday at Hannaford, I saw they had ready made Turduckens in their freezer. Has anyone here - or know someone who has - made Turducken? It sounds interesting, and I bet the meat will be flavorful and moist. It sounds like a lot of work, but if one can pick one up ready made, all one has to do is placing it in the oven. Maybe next year, I will give it a try.
    Enjoy the warm day - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, my SIL's husband made a turducken last year and will be doing it, again.  They LOVED it.  Gracie is allowed, leashed, at a large play and picnic area at the orchard, but not inside.  I'll have to leave her in the car while I get the apples.  I'm sure if you have the old standbys that everyone expects they'll be receptive to trying what might become new TG table necessities.

DH is having gum surgery tomorrow so we'll be having a nice anniversary dinner tonight at home.  Heading out now to the fish monger for haddock (or lobster?).  Not sure what else is on the menu as we assumed, wrongly, that he wouldn't be able to eat much the night before.  I just found out they use local anesthesia so he's got a green light to chow down, after all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo - a friend of mine makes a turducken every year and raves about it.  I know what you mean about changing up the menu.  My DH would have a fit if we didn't have the traditional turkey and fixin's.  I love Ina Garten though, everything she makes looks so fantastic.

Have a nice dinner tonight Kar - poor DH. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Prin.

Add us to the Ina Garten fan list.  DH actually flips to her show which is conveniently on at 1:00 on Sundays while he's inside eating lunch.  It's the only show he tunes into of his own accord on the Food Network, lol.

OK, I'm procrastinating and am going to end up in a rush.  Must sign off for now.  More later, friends.

~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Kar, what a bummer - having surgery on your anniversary. Enjoy your dinner tonight.
    I wrote you a note on the parent's thread - thanks again! What nonsense that was. I am glad both DH and I are 'old fashioned' and I am happy, I have someone to cut the apples for.
    - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, went to Stop & Shop after work Friday with my list and because I did not put the english cucumber on it, I totally forgot!  Will grab next time I am in there.  Kar, Happy Anniversary : )  I would love to see Jax in the shirt too.  Going to go sit outside, it is beautiful out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back in and scanning down the posts - Beastgirl, we're missing you again.  I know others' thoughts too, have been with you and your family as you went back to Ireland for your DD's grandmother's funeral.  Hope you are at a place you feel like posting again.  We miss you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Never heard of Turducken before.  Googled it and oh my, a lot of work to do.  Sounds delicious but not something I would want to undertake for sure.  I hope all is well with BG too tt.  How are you and Cheerio doing?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We're fine, Amber.  Reheating up a bit of the fish that was leftover from last night so Cheerio has positioned herself facing the oven door!  Little does she know there'll be no scraps!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
      A Year of Weekly Planned Meals

Is this the title of the book? Could't find it on Amazon. I could use it. I dread thinking of what to make for dinner every night. - Pingo