November 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2011

Boards are quiet of late.  Maybe others, like me, feel there's a lot of snarkiness (one of the words I picked up from these boards) going on in a lot of the threads. It's discourages me anyway, from posting off the top of my head.  There seem to be lurkers reading, ready to jump and belittle anyone falling outside their idea of womanhood or the way we should live our lives.  Lurkers who read all the threads, including C.C. where we've always had just friendly chit chat.  I'm an old lady and I don't want to play those games.  I don't like those pointed jabs under the breastbone one minute and then a casual "Oh by the way" posting the next. Waiting for a sunnier posting atmosphere - I will be around.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh my God tt....  I couldn't have said that better myself.. I will be around too in hopes the CC goes back to normal but I am not going away, I just won't post as much. I decided not to go near those other threads anymore as I find it encourages them to come here and make their remarks. I don't understand the mean comments which in turn makes everyone else bristle and get snarky too. Not fun lately but I enjoy your posts too much to just disappear. 

ETA: I called someone snarky on CC and I was defending RG.  How ironic huh? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I kind of sensed you were feeling the same, Amber.  It kind of takes the wind out of your sails.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I agree with you both, but I couldn't keep quite any longer on the other thread. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It is just discouraging to not be able to post in other threads.  I enjoy Pets and that got ruined and I liked the Commoners and same thing happened.  Now it is happening on the Parents thread??  Just crazy to me. I am a CC gal and here I will stay if you all will have me.  I take an oath to not ever be mean or snarky.

Sealed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I too like PC, couldn't resist the other thread.  But I enjoy chatting with you all.  I've been very busty at work, I've been given some more responsibility at work and I don't have as much free time as before. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I probably should have stopped short of my very long list of DH's contributions here, but, gosh, he was called LAZY for wanting apples cut up for pete's sake.  What nerve!

Oh, speaking of that, pumpkin pie is in the oven right now, coming out at 5:00.  If I put it in the garage (about 50 degrees), do you think it will cool too fast and make the crust soggy?  I need to get this puppy cool for tonight's dessert even if it's not 'til 8:00.  3 hours isn't enough at room temperature...argh.

Lobster stock is on the stove, and I'm about to make the butternut/lobster stew with it.  I got a lovely bunch of Fall flowers, too. :)

Oh, no, I forgot whipping cream.  Gotta go!

Thanks for your help with the pie...

~kar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't make pies, unless Mrs. Smith's counts : )  I'm sure one of the other ladies will know.  Enjoy your Anniversary Kar!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, if you are talking about the parent thread, an innocent question somehow turned ugly and out of bounds. But it was bound to be a hot topic, since an 'innocent' pregnant mother was involved.
    The funny part is, the moderator's question had actually nothing to do with the article. If it had, the question should IMO have been phrased differently.
    I like it much better here, but there were a few comments I couldn't let go by me. Especially since my nom was mentioned. Being snarky and judgmental, I feel could be because 'the grapes are sour'. - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I'm not sure.  Last time I made a pumpkin pie was for my ex and I cooked it the night before Thanksgiving.  Have a nice anniversary dinner. CONGRATS!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for trying - I think I found my answer.  I should have made it yesterday.  Oh, well.  It'll be good tomorrow, and I think it counts as "soft" food, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how embarrassing, I didn't even thank everyone for their anniversary well wishes.  I was so in a dither about the pie not being cool enough in time...anyway, 

THANK YOU!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, why can't you eat it lukewarm? Why does it have to be cold? How's the lobster stew coming along? I can smell it all the way here. Yum!

Thinking of your butternut squash. When I was in PB visiting my son, I watched a program called Steel City Chefs. It was a PB PBS program. I saw one chef making Butternut Squash Ravioli using butternut squash pure (naturally) and those chinese thin eggroll wrappers. Put one wrapper down added some pure, then another wrapper on top, sealing them w/ a bit of water. Then cut the ravioli out with a round cutter. It looked really easy. I thought of you and your butternuts, but forgot all about it after I got back.
    - Pingo

In Response to Re: November 2011:
    [QUOTE]Oh, how embarrassing, I didn't even thank everyone for their anniversary well wishes.  I was so in a dither about the pie not being cool enough in time...anyway,  THANK YOU!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Those sound great and a lot easier than the pasta version.  I've seen those refrigerated wontons in our local market, too.  Thanks, Pingo, we'll have to try it.

Oh, I like pumpkin pie kind of warm, actually, but DH likes it room temp or colder.  Goodness, I didn't run out for the whipping cream.  Off I go!

ETA:  Back with the cream.  Pingo, not surprised you can smell the stew - it's reallllly lobster-y in here after those shells cooked all afternoon!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, Kar --- why don't you just tell him to like Pumpkin Pie your way? Why should he should be the one to decide the temperature of the pie. LOL
    - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy Anniversary, Kargiver.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Kar -how did dinner go?  Did you end up eating the pie?

Had a nice night.  DH goes out to play cards on Tues so it's my night to catch up on my DVR shows.  Anyone watching the Next Iron Chef?  Love that show.  Also caught up on RHWOBH - crazy people!

What's everyone up today?  Any kalooping around?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, and thanks, everyone!  Can't believe it's been 3 years already.

Great news, the pie cooled completely to room temp which when it's 66 in the house is pretty cool so we were both happy!  Dinner was perfect - we both ate too much. :)

Lobster Butternut Bisque

Sandra Lee's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie (with my spelt crust):

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I should be around more today to post.  I've missed everyone.  Kar, your whipped cream looks awesome.  I'm not a pumpkin pie fan, but it looks good to. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

This particular recipe for pumpkin pie is more like a mousse, something like pumpkin cheesecake but lighter in texture.

ETA:  And, if the 600+ 5 star reviews aren't enough, we LOVED it, too!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

kar, the bisque and pie look delicious.  Can't wait for Thanksgiving and some pumpkin pie.  Love mine cold with a generous dollop of whipped cream.  Sounds like your meal was a great success!  Looks that way from the photos.

I will be away until Sunday.  Sadly, my old boss passed away early this morning. We are closing the Boston office Thurs & Fri - just keeping emergency personnel on hand. This is the end of an era for me and a few other longtime employees.

Beautiful day today.  Hope I can get out and walk at lunchtime.

mothermitzi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mothermitzi, sorry to hear about your boss' passing.  I know you were not only an employee, but a family friend.  My condolences.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thanks tt.  It is a sad day, but he was ill for almost two years and had no quality of life.  I guess this means I'll be working full-time through the winter.  His son will probably stay in NY for awhile.  Thanks for your good wishes.

mothermitzi 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

mm, I send my condolences with you.  I will also keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, mm.  So sorry to hear of your boss and friend's passing - it's always hard to say that "good bye" even after a long illness.  Thinking of his family which I know includes you and yours.