November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2012

Finally done, done with stairs/roof project.  Company just came to power wash driveway where dump truck had leaked something or other, and to put a leftover piece of stair tread in my cellar, just in case of any future need.

Have a couple of chicken legs in oven (no turkey leftovers given out this year), and will make some skinny fr. fries and open a can of corn to go with.  Smells so good.  G.T.'s partner makes a delicious stuffing with the Italian  spicey sausage in it, and will bring a dish of that for Christmas.  Everyone likes it much better than mine.  GD made some delicious deviled eggs (not my recipe) and everyone raved over those too, so she's delegated to bring those again at Christmas.  It's a job, and I know it all too well, so agreed that she can bring her mastiff - Lawd help me, he's not the best behaved dog, gentle, but doesn't know his own size and strength.  If I can find a way to gracefully reneg, will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I tool loved 11/22/63. Your stairs and front must look so great with everything pressure washed. Amber we never talked about the ending of 11/22/63. I think I'm going to head out. Have a great weekend everyone. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a good week-end Winter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, I look forward to talking about 11/22/63 with you : )  Have a great weekend! Pingo, did you like the book?  tt, I seen it at the library myself, so sure you will enjoy it. I am really tired today but going to reheat leftovers. Had cheesecake with coffee this morning : ) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My brothers oldest son's Birthday is 11/22. So his birthday falls on Thanksgiving every few years : ) Like yesterday : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, do they have a travel crate for the mastiff?  That would solve a lot of problems.  I cannot imagine their bringing a full grown dog of that size to anyone's house!  GL getting out of it.  good news about your house being all set.

have a great weekend, winter!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

DD had a boyfriend that had a mastiff named Dozer. Loved that dog, Big bundle of love : )  But I personally couldn't handle a dog that big. To be honest, if I had a large property, I would def get one : ) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, two GDs from different families, have sister mastiffs.  Pumpkin's mom has brought hers here and she's very well behaved.  From what I hear (and see) about GD who wants to bring hers, it's a different story.  They are both very gentle dogs, but this dog hasn't received the consistent training other has.  I'll get out of it before then.  Have to think of safety/comfort of everyone, as far as Daisy getting excited and jumping and hurting someone.

Craving chocolate dessert after my chicken legs dinner, but alas, the flavors are pumpkin, fig, and vanilla.  There are those chocolates to eat, but really want something I can sink my teeth into.  Think I'll divert my attention to getting into comfortable, warm bedclothes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I agree about the Mastiff (big dog) theory of training. They have to be trained properly. Dozer was and I so loved him.  So freaking happy to tell you I for once have a box of pastry AND an apple pie! LOL! I have died and gong to heaven... : )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Shutting the computer off for the night now.  Enjoy your sweets!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Night tt and everyone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Icer, did you watch Y&R?  It was an old old clip of Victor remarrying Nikki, and Ashley making a video for her baby dau telling her her real father was Victor.  Hate when they drag up the old videos.

In gathering up clothes to be washed from my bedroom, and remembered waking up last night, absolutely sure I heard the call of a moose outside my bedroom window!  Of course, in the light of day, I realize it was probably me waking myself up snoring!  Too funny.  Last night I was afraid to get up and pull up the blind and look1

[/QUOTE]

I thought of you the whole time....I wished I had your phone # so you could fill in the blanks for me...I love stuff like that...sorry you don''t

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

And it is falling on 11/22(/63) as well.

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My brothers oldest son's Birthday is 11/22. So his birthday falls on Thanksgiving every few years : ) Like yesterday : )

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Princess, we didn't hear from you - how did your Thanksgiving go?  Hope you didn't overdo.

Coffee on, watching for Harry, and Cheerio's trying to remember where she left the mouse last night.  I moved a shoe rack and a bag on closet floor, so she could check out behind there, but my suspicion is that she followed me to the closed door spare bedroom and it crawled under the door into where I had moved.  I played musical beds last night while she romped. All I have to say this morning is, "Where's the mousie?" and she mews and starts doing what she thinks she should be doing - looking for it!  Reminds me, one of G.T.'s cats is a huge cat - not fat, just a very big cat.  Instead of rolling over, he sumersaults!  Ever since he was a kitten, all they have to say is, "Do a sumersault - do a sumersault", and down goes his head and over he topples!  Funniest thing to see this big cat sumersaulting.  He never learned how to roll over from side to side, just puts that head down and over he goes.

Lemon bread with coffee, tastes good this morning.  We're "make something, wrap a ribbon around it" people -  G.T. plopped this in my bag as I got ready to leave, and the ribbon is one I tied around something I brought out to him LAST Thanksgiving.  This year I had picked up a small turkey plate and when I gave it to him, he said, oh, it matches the bigger ones I have on display - he's his mother's son and shops Marshall's too!

OK, enough from me.  Already showered and dressed, so you know that means business as far as getting something done today.  Hope you all have a good one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

yes, I've been worried about prin, too...hope no hospital stay for her hosting.

can't imagine a somersaulting cat, hilarious!  Hope you find the mousie, lol.

warm today...nice long walk predicted.  Gracie and dh are taking a break today from hiking.

have a good one, eveeryone

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Enjoying a lazy morning, but must get that walk in.  So, off we go!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Warm, nothin'!  Yikes, it's freeeezing out.  I had to come back and replace my fleece with a parka and put on mittens and hat.  But, my change of clothes was worth it - walked an hour and 10.  I cut Gracie's nails right beforehand so they are short and smooth, now.  Time for lunch before I pass out...butternut chicken soup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Where is everyone?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came back in. It is freezing out. Probably due to the brisk wind.
    DH dragged me out to go shopping.  He needed some heavy - non flannel - shirts for the winter. We didn't find, what he was looking for, but Macys had a great "day after black Friday sale". 30 to 50 % off - plus I had a WOW coupon for extra 15% off. Got some beautiful $70 sweaters for the boys for Christmas for only $30 each. Plus we picked up a lot of other stuff in the men's department for very low prices. But now I am tired, cold and p**ped.
    A  hot cup of tea will do good. Have a good evening everyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

i have one more delivery and then i'm done

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, Waved as we drove by your house today, look for you at Trucchis all the time...No luck.  That sure is a lot of wood  in your yard, do you have a wood stove/fireplce?  Take care ss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning,

Just heard the paper being tossed on the porch - early this morning.  Had turned the heat down last night and got up to a freezing house this morning.  Had to change rooms during the night and this morning, found my shoe rack pushed way out into my bedroom - the elusive mouse hunt must have gone on again.  No signs of it, so it's evidently still on the loose.  Must be really cold out, the heat had shut off and now has just gone on again.

You did alright with your shopping yesterday, Pingo.  How were the parking lots ?  That's what I mind, not the stores, but driving around looking for a spot to park.

Icer, I'm surprised you're making deliveries after the turkey day - tho people still have birthdays, I guess.  Speaking of which, G.T. has one coming up.  We haven't talked yet about plans this year.

SS, Nanny friend says that all the time - looked up at the window of the room where your computer is, and waved - did you see me?  

Got to head for the floor register and warm up.  Cheerio is already in front of the toyroom one.  I'll check in later.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, everyone!  

Tt, it was pretty cold here, too, this morning!  Brrrrrr.  Hope you're toasty by now.

Great job at Macy's, Pingo.  Truth be told I do enjoy the crowds and such, but we are so far away, and dh hates it so oh, well.  I'm getting GCs for all the nieces and nephews this year, and the adult siblings have decided no gifts on dh's side, and on my side we got my parents so we're going to combine their gifts into something they can both enjoy for twice as much instead of two things for half.  Easy.

planning a fun day tomorrow of shopping at CTS and the like for Christmas party/hosting items with a friend who called yesterday to see if I were game.  He knew I would be, lol.  Lunch out, too.  And, visiting another friend out that way to deliver a purchase I made for her (she'll pay me back) on Craig's list that was out this way.  

We've got the stove going nicely, and dh just took Gracie hiking.  Will be sad to see him go back to work after all these days off...sigh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, meant to let you know Icer heats heats her home with a wood stove.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Yes it is a cold day out. It 11 o'clock, the sun is shining and it is still only 34 degrees out. Must have dipped into the frost grades over night. So Thankful we got our boiler fixed just in the neck of time. It is toasty warm in here.
    I am very happy with my shopping yesterday. I told you that DH dragged me. I absolutely dislike the malls, especially when it is crowded, and yes, those parking lots, where you can only find a spot 3 miles away. But DH was a gentleman, he dropped and picked me up at the door.
    Interesting, Cheerio has not been able to get that mouse yet. I know, we must have a couple. Occasionally  I have seen mouse droppings in the cabinet under my sink, but nowhere else. So they don't bother me. Everytime, I visit our son, I think of getting a kitty, but then I think of all the times we travel, and have no one to check in on her. Placing her in a kennel is out of the question after the disaster with our dog.
    Kar, it sound like you have planned a fun Monday. How is Gracies eye? All healed?
    No real plans for today. Hope it is going to be a lazy one.

Does anyone watch PBS? They have a wonderful British serie: "Downton Abbye" running 3 years in England with the 4th just being released. Starting on Dec. 2 PBS here will show the 2nd part Sunday evenings, continuing with the 3rd part in January. The first part is on netflix; we have watch a few of the episodes. I am sure, if you don't have netflix you won't miss much;  they will probably give a wrap-up, before they start showing the 2. part. It is a story about an English Lord and his family starting 1912. The serie has gotten plenty of awards.