November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: November 2012

Yes, pretty much the same.  The difference is where any emails you keep end up.  My yahoo emails are on their computer, my comcast or verizon emails are on mine.  You manage them the same way. 

However, the differences would be apparent when you use them.  When I don't log in to my ISP account (let's call it the home account) for a couple of weeks, I have to log in and wait for them all to be downloaded to my computer, then wade through them.  If your second account is a Comcast account, that's what will happen.

When my yahoo account has 3-400 messages in it, I just go to the inbox and start deleting them.  I had not looked at it for a whole year, but when I did, it was easy to delete all but one message - which was the Pinterest signup message.  Now I get three or 4 messages from them every day, but they don't bother me because they are on the other account.

If you do decide to get another account, make sure it does not identify you; not firstname.lastname@domain.net, rather some madeup name.  In fact, if you used toytrumpet@domain.com....and told us about it - we could email you! And if you used Toy Trumpet for your Pinterest name, we could see your pins....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Just moved the car out front to give their trucks room to back into my driveway.  I will be soooo glad when I don't have to do that every morning by 7:00.  I'm a morning person, but really like being able to catch that extra hour sleep until 7:30, and then be showered and dressed by 9:00.  This 7:00 business every day is driving me insane.  I think this has been the longest roofing project in history.  A couple of days lost to rain, and it just seems with a small crew it takes forever.  However - - whomever gets this house when I'm gone will never have to worry about the roof! 

Thanks for the explanation, Hats.  One of my sons who is in message rooms, has 2 accounts, but I think he uses his first name on both.  Maybe because he orders on them too?  I don't know, but I'll certainly look into it - once my roof and stairs are done, and my dental problem whatever it may be, is handled.  Can't make too many decisions at a time!

Harry ate and took off like a shot this morning, think he didn't want to run into the workers again, altho he's friendly, just not up for the ladders and clanging and noise.  Paw prints on my car when I went out this morning - his?  I doubt it.

OK, first truck is here, and I haven't had my breakfast yet.  They'll be working over my kitchen and toyroom today.  No baking today.  I'll check in later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Also, do not have your name as ANY part of the email setup process because it will be "smart" and display your real, whole name in people's inbox even though you chose toytrumpet@domain.com. To get around that, make up a first and last name to go with the account like Toy Trumpet.  My anon account has my "real name" as Kar Giver, and the address is kargiver@gmail.com.  So, when I email people, Kar Giver appears.  I've had a number of people here get burned by that and say, whoops!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for the tips.  Filed away for another day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Going to be a beautiful day. I may call my cousin who is retired and see if she wants to go somewhere. Trying to figure out what to have for breakfast. mmm....  Kar, any special plans for this week with DH?  tt, love the story about GT and the clippers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Scali toast and coffee here, Amber.  Needed something quick when I saw the ladder going up outside my kitchen window.  Yesterday's bacon and eggs hit the spot tho.  Sounds like good plan to get out today before tomorrow's rain.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have to pick up scali bread now! Best toast ever. I think I am going to scramble a couple of eggs : ) My cousin didn't answer her phone, hoping she isn't already out and about. She is one of the last people on earth that doesn't have a cell phone! lol!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Your cousin and me both!  Dark ages, we live in.  It's not too many years ago that I agreed to a push button phone replacement for my dial phone (which is yellow and I haven't thrown away yet!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Had a nice day yesterday, even though we worked at the office. We are reorganizing our office, cutting the place in half, so we can rent out the other half. Several people are interested, and we don't need such a large space anymore. This is the reason DS came up for a week, so he could move all the computer connections and such. We are also going to open up the office, so we have an open floor plan instead of several small offices. Demolition will start next week.
    We went to a place in Boston for Vietnamese soup for dinner. Several appetizers to share and a huge bowl of the most delicious soup for each of us. Wonderful food that really hit the spot.
    Have a batch of pumpkin muffins in the oven for breakfast, and later today I will make Hats' lemon bread. The recipe says, it will make two loaves, so I will freeze one and send home with them.
    I am with you, tt. I don't mind to get up early, but on my time. I feel odd all day, if I have to rush around and get ready under pressure.
    It looks like it is going to be a nice day. Enjoy it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, my cousin will be happy to hear she is not the only one! I tease her all the time : )  How nice of your DS to come here for you Pingo. We have wonderful children.  Going to jump in the shower and if I don't hear back from my cousin, will probably take a walk to Stop & Shop for sccali bread. Good excuse to walk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---- will probably take a walk to Stop & Shop for sccali bread.-----

And you can have a couple of extra slices. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Well, we didn't have Seafood or Italian for my birthday celebration, we had Chinese....the whole family came, went to a Chinese REstaurant on the edge of Dorchester/Quincy...the food was delicious. Had a large variety to choose from.....brought back lots of memories, we used to go there a lot when we lived in Dorchester.  Brought leftovers home and that will be my lunch (Chicken Chow Mwin w/noodles).....TT,  Coupons were good this week,  any I can send you?  Icer, did you make a trip up to Johnnies?  How was the Parade?   Pingo, did you try Hats orange bread??  Made it lemon?? How did it come out....my grandaughter told me yesterday that Trader Joes has real good lemon cookies....will have to try some.  Amber, did you get your scali bread?  Make toast?  Make a slice for me, I love that.....Italian bread is good toasted too, my BF told me she loved Italian bread, but after a day or two it was too stale to eat ,so she would feed it to the birds, I told her to make toast with it....she loves it and I think her birds are a little shortchanged, they only get 1/2 of whats left over....Kar.....I used to love to do filet crochet work....when my girls were little I made a crib cover with squares of animals in filet, I took the patterns from the CC and books I had....it was adorable, backed it with a light green cotton,  gave it to my oldest daughter when she had her family.....I used to collect books with crochet and craft patterns,got rid of them yrs ago and so often I wish I still had them.....don't know why as my fingers don't work as well as they used to and the only things I crochet now are afghans in squares.  Going to be a nice day today, hope all enjoy...take care and keep smiling, ss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Gosh, it's 67 here at 9:30 am so I am wearing shorts and a v-neck short sleeve t-shirt!  A gift!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I got my scali bread! Doesn't take much to make me smile : ) I love italian bread and french bread but I agree ss about it going bad fast. When I buy french bread, I end up making garlic bread with it the next day.  I spread butter on it with garlic powder and bake it. So delicious! DD called when I was in Stop & Shop. She wants me to cook Thanksgiving. They decided to go to his families house for dessert. She told me they are buying the turkey, so no excuse for me not to cook. She loves Thanksgiving and so cute how she just wants it here. She is going to come early to watch me so she knows how to do it. So funny to see her getting all domesticated now.. love it! I am touched she wants to come here. She really is a doll.. so looks like I am cooking after all! And of course lots of leftovers for her and BF!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Do you live in MA, Hats? It is only 55 here. But I will take it.

Sounds like you had a nice b-day celebration, ss. Chinese food is always good, when you have many people. You get to try so many different dishes.

I looked up a scali bread recipe. Was going to suggest to you tt, to make one yourself now that you bought the yeast for a yeast bread. But it looks very involved. Have to start the day before to make a starter, leave it in 75 degrees temp. for an hour and then in the refrigerator for at least 10 hours. Need an instant thermometer to check the temp in the dough while it is rising. Have to be 78 degrees. I will let the baker deal with it. Too involved for me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, how wonderful. I got tears in my eyes, when I read your post. What a wonderful DD you have. She must have  been so torn thinking of you sitting alone on TG. DH and I will be alone too, but at least we have each other. DS and DIL wants us to come to TX, but it is along trip for just a couple of days and with the airline/weather situation, the trip doesn't appeal very much to me. Besides they will be here for Christmas and DS is going to surprise his dad by coming up for his b-day December 8 (UK son will be here by then too). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you so much Pingo... I am so blessed to have her. I have found out in these trying times for me who really is here for me. She never waivers. Your DH is going to be so surprised for his birthday! That is a true gift, the company of loved ones.. You did good too : )  Job boards are very quiet today. Will keep checking. I usually average about 3-4 applications a week. Hoping the Holidays coming is not slowing anything down. So need to get back to work. Hate being home..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I miss seeing Kar on here. Hope her and DH are having fun today!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, it is a holiday today. Government offices and most businesses are closed. Thus the quiet job boards.
    Our office is open. we get the day off after TG instead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh, that explains it! lol! I always worked this one too. I would rather have the day after Thanksgiving off too. That is awesome you and DH do that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Greetings!

Mondays are pretty busy for me with it being chiropractor (Worcester) day and groceries while I'm out.  And, with dh home, while a wonderful thing, means more meal and snack planning and prep.  Lunch for me isn't usually worth mentioning - piece of cheese and an apple or something.  With dh home, of course, I do something real. :)

He's out there making a dent in cutting up the trees he took down last Spring (remember the photos); I can hear the chainsaw buzzing away.  We don't have any big plans, but that's how we like it...just being together is plan enough for us.  And, when else could he cut the wood; weekends go by too fast.

ambergirl, so happy for you that dd and bf changed their minds.  I love that she's coming early to help prepare and learn under your wing.  So nice, especially given she's having her own child, now, to pass things on to.  

Ss, wish I could see all your lovely filet work.  I dumped a bunch of Crochet Today mags recently and am peeved at myself for doing that, too.  Was in a cleaning frenzy and...

tt, how is the work coming?

how nice to have such a warm day mid-November!  Hope everyone is enjoying it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I do live in Mass, but much closer to Boston than you....so it was warmer here.  Went out to Staples, TJ Maxx, Paper Store, MB and the Dollar Store and parked far far from most of the stores so I could walk in the nice air....now I am home for a couple of hours and then must go see MIL after General Hospital is over...then I am cooking a ham!  MB has Carando half hams for 1.89/lb so that will be my whole cooking stint for the week....then pea soup and maybe even some quiche next week....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

TT I do live in Mass, but much closer to Boston than you....so it was warmer here.  Went out to Staples, TJ Maxx, Paper Store, MB and the Dollar Store and parked far far from most of the stores so I could walk in the nice air....now I am home for a couple of hours and then must go see MIL after General Hospital is over...then I am cooking a ham!  MB has Carando half hams for 1.89/lb so that will be my whole cooking stint for the week....then pea soup and maybe even some quiche next week....

[/QUOTE]

It was Pingo who asked where you live - envy you getting out to all those stores today.  I ran to the mailbox, that's about it.  Feel as tho I have to be here, because work is ending down and I have a bucket list that I don't want them to run off without having done.  Got a lot done on the embroidering, so that's a plus, but would like to be out on this beautiful day.

Ham sounds good.  I have a slice in freezer, but am going to just have soup for supper, since I expect to call dentist tomorrow and I would rather go in for an operation than have a dental procedure, because of past experiences.  My stomache is starting to do flip flops already.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I know what you mean about your stomach flip flopping. I had quite a few dental procedures done. Still I feel that way, every 6 months. And then afterwards I tell myself - why the heck was I so worried.
    I hope for you, that it is just an abcess, he can lance from the outside, give you some antibiotics and you will be good in a few days.
    Will the roofers be done today? And how are the stairs coming along? Can you put your broom away and use them?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

One more full day's work.  Things ordered came in wrong or not at all - cement at bottom of stairs needs finishing off, roof is done today.  They won't be here tomorrow with rain, but hopefully Wednesday if I'm not in dentist's chair.  -  Have worn out 3 brooms so far!

Sections
Shortcuts