November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: November 2012

Oh Uno Attack is a great option as well. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Had to laugh out loud. When I opened the Chat, I only saw the last post ----Oh Uno Attack is a great option as well. ----. I immediately thought, someone must want Uno's deep dish pizza.
    Never thought of the game.
    Thanks ladies, I will definitely keep the toaster oven.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've always wanted  toaster oven - have no counter space to keep it tho.  Rec'd another of those $10 off on any $10 purchase cards in the mail from Kohl's today.  Did a quck run through, looking at that twister hopscotch, never thought of checking out anything for me, like a toaster oven.  Too late now, have already put in a call to my DIL that she or pumpkin's mom might be able to use it.

I so want a floor to ceiling cabinet for behind my kitchen door to store all the bowls etc that I have no space for.  Would have a shelf/counter in the middle (room for a toaster oven since there'a an outlet behind) and then cabinets with shelves and shelves and shelves.  Was thinking of pricing one with the company doing my work since they do all kinds of remodeling and cabintry, but unfortunately extra money keeps going on unexpected/uncovered work around the roof.

Have a dental appt Thursday morning, not without difficulty tho. Newer person at desk who didn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy.  Her response to my request was, "Well you have an appt. in 2 weeks anyway."  No, she couldn't give me anything until the 26th.  I was bull, he has always fit me in when there was a problem.  Waited about half an hour and called back and said , "I really do not want to wait 2 weeks to have this checked out.  I'd like an appt. before then."  Evidently she had spoken with him, because all of a sudden, oh, something just happened, she could put me in Thursday morning.  I think I shall give her the evil eye when I go, you know, what my kids used to call "the look"!  lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Funny!  I would have thought "pizza," too.

You'll be glad you did, Pingo.  I've even done a double of your RoL in mine!  And, that's a fabulous brand, too.  No drawbacks; it earns it's precious counter real estate many times over.

Just came back from walking Gracie, and my goodness, forgot about the time change with respect to sunset.  It was stinkin' dark the last 10 minutes.  Whoops.  And, whoa, is it cold and raw!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, we've been posting at the same time pretty often lately, lol.  Maybe the extra project wouldn't cost very much; no harm in asking - it doesn't seem like a time consuming, complicated add on.

Definitely give her "the look!"  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The clouds this morning were edged with gold as the sun came up.  Long and thin, scalloped on top, as if someone had cut them out of paper, taken a brushful of 18 karat gold paint, and carefully outlined them.

My big job is over; all that remains is to clean up, sort and deliver.  I might make some banana bread today.  My own cooking pleases me more than anyone elses'. 

I have been up since 6; finished one book and read 2/3 of another.  Made DH's lunch and breakfast, drunk coffee and am about to have some Irish Oatmeal bread, toasted with butter.

What are all of you doing today?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning all, its so nice to see the sun.  Been up since 6:20, early for me., but I've been going to bed earlier, can't stay asleep in the AM like I used to....age must have something to do with it.  Today our 2 couples of friends are coming for the afternoon, this time no big meals, they want it simple....so I'm making Seafood salad sandwiches on dark pumpernickel bread, will have tea,coffee,water and milk for drinks and one of the girls is bringing dessert.  We'll share cheese and crackers before lunch......We've been friends for over 60 yrs....  How is your roof coming along tt?  Bet you'll be glad when that job is over.   Doesn't seem possible that TG is so close...think its because its early this year.  Only thing I'm cooking this year is Pumpkin bread....S&S is cooking our dinner, never did that before, hope its good....oh, I will be cooking some turnip and boiled onions to go with their meal, they only supply one vegetable.  Hope your Drs. appt. goes well Amber.  Hats when is your to do with the hospital??  I have never cooked in my Microwave, only use it for defrosting and heating up....one of my  DD's has a toaster oven and thinks it is terrific.   Going to a baby shower this weekend, picked up a handmde quilt for only $15.00 at a fair last weekend,  its beautiful, blue,white,pink and tan squares. Its crib size.  Hope the new mommy to be likes it.  Have a good day all. ss

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Me?  Sitting here with my check list as they hopefully finish up the stairs and debris removal.  Still going back and forth whether or not they will caulk gutters at no extra cost.  A couple of tubes of caulking, a half hour of their time, and they're kibbitzing back and forth.  I told them if they were going to charge me, I'd have my guy who cleans my gutters do it.  I'd rather pay him, tho I didn't say that.

Otherwise, plan to scoot out this afternoon - they should be gone by then.  

Enjoyed your description of this morning's clouds, Hats.  It feels like a gift when we can see something as beautiful as that, doesn't it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

After Thanksgiving is when I am scheduled to have my op but....complications have set in and I may not be able to have it for a long time.   Nothing I can do so I am just keeping cheerful and working hard.  I just cut a bunch of recipes out of Good Housekeeping and an offer to give two gift subscriptiosn for $15,00 so may do that for some of my friends and relations....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry to hear about your delay in surgical plans, Hats.  Having time to stew about what may be is the worst, I think.  Good you have your volunteer activities to focus on.  Magazine subscriptions are always a good gift.  My cousin give me a yearly one that I enjoy, and I myself subscribe to 2 or 3.  Nice diversion to sit down and flip through them when they come.

Stopped by library and two books I had requested were in - Barbara Kingsolver's new one, "Flight Behavior", and Carole Radziwill's "What Remains".  She is on the Real Housewives of NYC, and I liked  her so much.  She has such a pleasant demeanor.  Found she is on her 3rd book now, I believe.  She was a foreign correspondent for ABC News for 15 years until the death of her husband.  Her story starts with the growing up years, dirt poor, meeting in grade school and staying best friends with Carolyn Bessette, who would become John Kennedy's wife   I started both books last night, and think Radziwill's book will be the one I stay with to finish first.

Don't know if these guys are going to finish up this morning or not.  The cement patching hasn't even been started yet.  Don't see any signs of ladders up to do caulking, but cellar window has been replaced and stairs are just about done.  They'll be breaking for lunch pretty soon.

I want to go shopping!  Also need to be here to make sure everything on my list is done tho.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    Just returned from the airport. Looks like everything is on time right now, but one never know. They have to stop at JFK, so I am crossing my fingers. Weather shouldn't be a problem today.
    Had some delightful days with them. Only problem is they went much too fast. But they will be back for Christmas. DS has a lot of comp time, so he said something about 2 weeks.

I am sorry to learn your surgery has been postponded, Hats. The waiting time will be long. Fortunately we are in the holiday season, so hopefully it will go fast. I was enjoying your description of the clouds this morning. Could visualize them so well.

Hoping for you, tt - that your workers will be gone today for good, so you can get back to your normal routine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello everyone,

Doctor appointment went well yesterday. i will get my blood test results in a couple of weeks. Busy today I brought my Holiday boxes out of my storage bin now that I am cooking. Hats, so sorry to hear about your delay. That must be frustrating.. I was on the phone alot today. I either got no calls or everyone calls at once. Tomorrow will sort through my boxes. I may decorate next week for Christmas. DD will laugh at me since i end up doing that every year : ) Thank you November for the well wishes on my grandchid. I am thrilled! tt, I know you can't wait for the work to be done. They have been replacing the main water pipes on my street for the last few weeks and the noise is driving me crazy. But I noticed they did some patch paving today, so hopefully they are almost done. Not sure what to have for dinner tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They have finished, and the house looks beautiful.  Such a difference with these new stairs and stoop, from the cement that had been there as long as we have.  They did an excellent job cleaning up.  To pass the time I baked some choc chip cookies this afternoon and brought a bagful out to them.

Now tomorrow is "D" day - "D" being only for dentist, I hope and not anything worse.

I guess I'm not reading your posts carefully, Pingo, I thought son and DIL were going to be there until this week-end.  I'm sure you enjoyed their visit.

Hamburger thawed out for supper, will probably turn it into a cheeseburger.  No fr. fries to go with tho, already my stomach is churning in anticipation of what tomorrow may bring.  Didn't get a chance to get out today, so if all goes well with my morning appt., will head out to shop from there.  Hope I'm in a merry mood.

P.S.  Saw your post when mine came up, Amber.  Good news your appt. went well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Happy your work is done tt and you are happy wth it. One less thing to worry about. I hope your dentist appointment goes well too. I hate going there..  Funny about the hamburg as we went to the Dockside yesterday and i had a cheeseburger club with french fries. So good!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT holding you in my thoughts for tomorrow at the dentist....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I was under the weather yesterday and did not go to work. tt, glad your work is done, what a relief that is to have it completed to your liking. Amber, glad your appointment went well. hats, sorry your surgery has been pushed back. Pingo, it will be Christmas in no time, where you will have both boys with you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Cold morning - brrrr! And cold night; could hear our burner running all night. So son and DIL arrived home w/o any problems along the way.
    Sorry you are not feeling well, Winter. I think, I am fighting the cold DS brought home w/ him. Upping my intake of vit. C (Emergen-C) plus lots of healthy juice.
    You must be so pleased with your "new" house, tt. Go glad for you the workers are done. As much as something needs to be done, it is still a pain to have other people milling around the house. I am sure poor Harry must be delighted too. Hopig your dentist visit will go well, and it is not going to be a major issue.
    Opened the box with the toaster oven. It is huge and it has a rotisserie too. Need to shuffle around a few appliances to make room for it. I do have lots of counterspace. It is just a matter of convenience as to where I do what. Comes with a small recipe booklet too. I am looking forward to grill sandwiches in it, instead of hauling out my grill pan.
    Will spend the day at the office; then go for an early dinner at SIL's. Hope you all will have a good one. Stay warm!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Question: It seems to take forever to accept my post these days. Do you experience that as well?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, I made Ham and Cheese sandwiches in my Toaster oven the other night - scali, ham and cheese, not butter or mayo and they came out great so I will be interested to hear about yours.

I had not had any trouble with the slow posting lately  but if this is slow, will post again to let you know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Quick! maybe you need to reboot your machine or something......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Today is SS's birthday - DD started a separate thread to post our good wishes -

"Shaker's DD  here"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for letteing us know, tt. When is the dentist appointment?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I've cooked a roast in my toaster oven on the rotisserie, I have the same brand. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have  to leave here in about 40 minutes.  Dreading it, as I do all dental visits.  Thing is, it doesn't bother me at all now, once he starts poking around it, I'm sure it will.

Cold out, a fitting day for a dental appointment - I don't want to dress too warm, and yet as I am dressed, I'm chilly.  I go and pretend one of my sons is out in the waiting room for me.

The 3 turkeys came right up the driveway today - no trucks or workers to veer them off.  Picked up Cheerio and put her to this window so she could get a look/see - she dug her toenail into my wrist - such anticipation!  Once I antisepticized that and put a bandaid on, checked on their route, and they went around the other side of the house, but never made it to the back where water and seed are.  Glad of that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good luck at the dentist tt. 

Sections
Shortcuts