November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: November 2012

Yea, Winter - that sounds great.

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pingo, I've cooked a roast in my toaster oven on the rotisserie, I have the same brand. 

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back home safe and sound.  He said it was just a toris, nothng to be concerned about.  Sometimes they go away, sometimes they don't.    His hygienist told me of her sister who drove up from RI to have him check a lump she had in the bottom of her mouth (he is a past president of the MA ADA).  Same thing.  Big relief that it's not involving a root canal, to me.  Was going to go out shopping, but instead came home and am eating everything I can lay my hands on!  Munching this, munching that.  AND, I went in and out my new stairs.  Quite nice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad it's nothing alarming tt. Also glad you are so happy with your stairs. I have some neighbors that are doing some work on the inside of their house. She's doing it herself and it's been so noisy right up until 11 pm.  Ugh, it's all I heard all day yesterday when I was home. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

There are city ordinances that set times of noise.  I'm sure you don't want to enforce them, but if she were a good neighbor, she would be more considerate.  Also, what about your son and getting to sleep at night?  I'd be inclined to mention that to her.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio is in her glory today.  Wish I could post a pic of her stretched out in the sun with her little paws tucked under her chin, a smile on her whiskered face.  So good not to have noise of trucks coming and going, pounding, electric saw going, radio blaring - Ahhhhhh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lucky for me, she's on the other side of the house from his bedroom. I don't see her very often as I think she works different shifts. I think maybe I'll check out what the times are, 11 I believe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have sat reading Carole Radziwill's book most of the afternoon.  Such a well written story, of both her childhood, years as a correspondent, and more importantly dealing with the cancer of her newly wed husband.  It's not morbid or overly sad, just states the honest thoughts and feelings and how differently each of them handle each new setback.  I understand she has written a 2nd book, a novel, and I'll look for that if it's out yet.  She is a gracious lady, as shown on the Real Housewives of NY, and a calming influence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad you are enjoying your book tt. Slow day on here today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT so glad it was ok!  A bit busy this week, but best to all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So happy for you, tt - that your tooth problem "went away". Good you didn't go out to buy a gallon of Listerine, but just used your mothers old remedy. Apparently it is just some kind of abnormal bone growth. Don't know, how it would go away on it's own though. As long as it doesn't bother you or get larger, you probably will get used to live with it.

Had a busy day at the office. This moving business doesn't suit me very well. Can't seem to find anything, and of course just now I need some papers, I haven't touched in over a year.

At least I don't have to cook tonight. Have a good evening everyone!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

nothing to add ..just happ tt's tooth is o.k. ...pingo i hate moving too...loving life and all that...still here

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

I'm still here, too, but with dh home I've not had time to check in as often.  

Tt, great news about not having a yucky, painful, problem to have to fix.

we are thoroughly enjoying our time and totally splurged on the 111 Chophouse last night.  I'm loving this anniversary week long celebration!!  I purposefully cut everything in half so have another whole meal I can hardly wait to eat.  Lamb shank....sooooo good.

cold but gorgeous day...Enjoy, everyone!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Hope you're feeling better, Winter.  Starting to be the busy time of year and so easy to pick up bugs with all the running around we do.   Hope you're feeling OK, Hats.

Was noticing yesterday on the way to and from the dentist, quite a few houses with stagings, having new roofs put on.  I thought it was really late in the year for getting mine started, but I guess not.

Had plans set up for today, a list of things to do, but being house bound for so long, I've lost my get up and go.  Will do the fun things on my list tho, like Christmas poking.   Time is creeping up on me.  I've got to take all those bags out of the closet and see just what I do have.  I'm sure I bought spools of ribbon to tie the basket bags with, - where are they?  Have a pen and paper here as I type, and as I think of stuff, am writing it down.

Finished off the book last night, couldn't put it down.  This week-end tho I've got to concentrate on those pillow cases, then stop with that GD's basket.  I've way more than enough treats to fill that one.  Isn't it funny, how some people are so easy to buy for, and others, you wrack your brain.  Another GD a few years older, doesn't cook, doesn't read, isn't domestic oriented, and other than slipper socks, caramel popcorn, place mats and napkins, barbecue spice for her husband's grilling, I'm at a standstill.  She's not a fancy person, so T.J.'s little gourmet treats would mean nothing to her.  Oh well, I'll look today again, keeping in mind the size of my basket, and the size of my wallet!

Have a good day everyone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    May run into you, tt. I am doing my usual Friday errands, which includes TJ's and Costco. Plus Marshalls's to return something. You are doing amazingly well with your baskets. For the difficult to buy for GD, I think you have plenty already. But apparently you don't think so. How about a nice scarf or maybe some body oil or such. Maybe a small box of cute note cards. Does she have pets? Then a toy for her pet. Even a box of some nice, unusual tea, if she is a tea drinker or some fancy TJ coffee, if she is a coffee drinker. TJ's have some seasonal coffee. That was a big hit last year, when we were in TX and I had to gift several people, I didn't know well.
    Kar, I am so envious. An entire week with your DH. What a nice anniversary gift. Is the garden now put to bed? I love it when DH and I work together in or out of the house.
    I got my toaster oven all set up, and I am now ready to use it. Any tips I should know about. Definitely making grilled sandwiches this weekend. Any suggestions beside ham and cheese?
    I don't know if it is just me, but I am feeling so cold these days. Left the office early yesterday. I was frozen. Seems like the only place, I can keep warm is in my bed, or sitting in direct sun.
    Better get going, have a lot to do today. Grocery shopping one of them.
    Have a great day all!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is it time for one of your B12 shots, Pingo?  That would explain being cold.

Didn't see you in Marshall's, altho the lady in front of me was returning something and spoke with a slight accent - -?  

Only made Marshall's and the Dollar Store.  Hunger was setting in, so didn't make it across the street to Job Lots and Target.  Maybe this afternoon after my soap.  Found a couple of treasures, one something I had bought for my house that G.T. and partner admired, and luckily came across one that I could put with their gifts.  Did pick up a couple more things for hard to buy for GD, but I couldn't tell you right now what they are. Got a nice small pottery turkey plate to put my fig squares on.  More bundles than I could manage without a cart, so I guess I did pretty good.  Shelves in Marshall's were loaded - as always, Friday is a good day to shop there. - btw, thanks for the ideas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Cheese and bacon?  Avocado cheese and bacon?  Mozzarella and tomato and basil?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What a long process to get here this morning. Work email was down and just recently started working. Seems like everyone seems to be having a nice day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello ladies : )

So sorry I have been lame about posting. I think I got used to not posting. I thought I caught a cold from the doctors office but now think I caught it from here! So mad about it as I don't want to be sick for Thanksgiving. Staying put today to speed up recovery. Applied to a total of 4 jobs this week. I have a folder in my email with so many... don't get it. but on a brighter note.. tt, so happy your dentist appointment was nothing serious. I must go on the other thread and wish mm a Happy Birthday. Winter, not sure if you can do anything about your neighbor if she is working 'inside' her house, but wouldn't hurt to knock on her door? I am reading Harlan Coben now. Never heard of him before but really like him. I have a Dean Koontz book next. I always wanted a toaster oven, but I just don't have the counter space : (  DD is going to Babys R Us and Target tonight with her girlfriends to set up a baby registry. I have the shower space reserved already for February. Becoming so real now and she looks adorable. Baby boy is such a blessing in these hard times.. Kar, I know you must be sad your week with DH will be over soon, but at least you don't have to plan big lunches anymore! LOL! Pingo, so funny you mentioned being cold. I emailed DD yesterday telling her I was freezing in my house and she emailed me back telling me to put my heat up higher than 65 in her sarcastic funny way. We always fought over the heat!

tt, I know you will appreciate this : )  I normally lower my blinds to the window sill during the winter. As you know, Tigger loves the windows so he is pacing back and forth between my couch and loveseat. I took pity and decided to raise my blinds and he jumps right in one of the windows and gives me this baleful look that says "really??? you couldn't do this before???"  and then Boo jumped in another window and did the same thing! Not that he cares, he rarely goes in the windows, but to show he's tough too. Not!  They crack me up : ) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, I missed you and our lunch chats with tt : )  I can't wait to get back to work. How is Yoda? I wish we could post pictures so I could see updates on him. He was adorable as a kitten and must be so handsome now being grown : )  How is DS?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got off the phone with a girlfriend who was telling me about her GD (kindergarten), bringing home a paper she had done entitled "My Family".  The pictures showed what each member of the family did.  Hers read like this:

Daddy  -  cooks

Nana - brings home food

Uncle Dan - drives everyone where they want to go

Mommy - puts on lipstick

!         !          !        !

Needless to say, "Mommy" was not pleased!  But she said, everytime she is putting on makeup getting ready to go to work, the little one is standing transfixed, watching her, hence, "Mommy puts on lipstick"!  As Art Linkletter used to say, "Kids say the darndest things."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, I can see the cats perfectly in my mind.  Cheerio does that with the l.r. blinds, wants to lay in the sun, then stretches out and knocks off anything within her paws' reach.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL tt!! That is so precious!!  I will tell you a funny story about DD when she was 4 years old. Being an only child, I was her playmate a lot. So one day she wanted to play house. I was busy and told her we would play later. She kept asking saying she would be the Aunt and I could be the mommy. After a few times, I got exasperated and said "I am the mommy but this mommy has work to do!" She looked at me all serious and said "You can be the daddy and the pig can be my mommy"  She had a large ceramic pink piggy bank in her room! I laughed so hard, I was choking!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, that is priceless!  How their little mind work!

Debating whether or not to run out again, but think I'll settle down on the couch in the sun and do some more embroidery.  This week-end definitely sorting everything out of those bags and see what I have for who - AND - finding those spools of ribbon I know I bought.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh yes, mine used to do that too. "let's play house, I'll be the baby and you can be the mommy." "Honey, you know that game isn't really fun for me."  "Then let's play store, I'll be Miss Brahms and you can be Mrs. Slocum."  (From "Are you being served?" )  Great choices, but one does miss it when they grow up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sorry Hats, I don't know who Miss Brahms or Mrs. Slocum is but I'm sure it would have been fun : ) I do miss it, but I am so looking forward to sharing memories with baby boy. My great plan of going through my Christmas boxes from storage got derailed but I have next week. Getting sick of chicken and salad. I do really good on my diet, but need to eat something I am craving occasionally. So I am going to make american chop suey or goulash as my mother use to call it. So funny how I crave the simple meals but then again, my best recipes are simple meals.   

Sections
Shortcuts