November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2012

Just dropping in a second, apologies for not catching up, to let you know Gracie hurt her eye, again, on a stick.  This time she scratched her cornea as well as gouged the corner of her eyelid.  She's in pain so we had to get pain meds so she won't blink incessently.  The doctor had to semi-permanently dilate her pupil to let her cornea heal so she can't tolerate outside light for two weeks.  :(  She's resting in front of the wood stove, now.  I can walk her after 4 so she can do her business, but no more than that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry Hats, I don't know who Miss Brahms or Mrs. Slocum is but I'm sure it would have been fun : ) I do miss it, but I am so looking forward to sharing memories with baby boy. My great plan of going through my Christmas boxes from storage got derailed but I have next week. Getting sick of chicken and salad. I do really good on my diet, but need to eat something I am craving occasionally. So I am going to make american chop suey or goulash as my mother use to call it. So funny how I crave the simple meals but then again, my best recipes are simple meals.   

[/QUOTE]

I just checked the cellarway shelves and was glad to find a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese.  I don't even know if I can wait until 5:00!  Was craving corn earlier, and opened a can and ate some kernels - - do you suppose I'm -------- ?  lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, it is going to be chicken soup tonight. I still have some stock left. There is nothing better for a cold. And mine is having a great time - me not so much. Good the weekend is here. Planning to just rest, drink soup and rest some more.
    DH had planned to go out Sat. night with a client, but I "called in sick". Want to download Ken Follett's "Fall of the Giants" on my kindle. Anyone read it? It is part of a triology, I believe. I read  "The Pillars of the Earth" by him a few years back and loved it.
    Didn't get to do much poking, tt. Wasn't really up to it - just did the necessary things. Sounds like you had a ball. Wasn't me at Marshall's - didn't make it there. I also wanted to stop at Target, but that had to wait too.
    Sorry Amber, you are not well. Did you do your shopping for TG? I feel funny just looking at the turkeys this year. This coming weekend would have been my baking weekend. Just as well is isn't.
    Time for another hot cup of tea. DIL brought me some wonderful spicy seasonal tea. It's delicious and good for my throat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Are you kidding Kar???  Poor Gracie... no joke! Give her big hugs from me! tt, Ktraft mac and cheese is the best sinful food ever. I am all for you cooking it up : )  My cold is what it is Pingo, but not feeling the need for soup. But I am drinking lots of Lipton tea.

Personal note to tt... when i was .....?????  I craved corn on the cob! I worked on State Street and use to go to Haymarket for corn on the cob. Dinner was 2 ears a night with butter. We always joked DD was a towhead because of the corn : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I was feeling rusty on here for a while. Starting to get my groove back : )  Winter, where are you? No lunch menu or anything today : (

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry to hear about Gracie, Kargiver.  The poor dog.  I can see how it could happen tho, they grab a stick by one end and flip it around.  The poor thing,  She'll think you're punishing her by not letter her go out as she usually does.  Be firm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies.  Just took her for her twilight walk until she went.  She's blinking less so the pain meds are working.

ambergirl, hope your cold doesn't last through TG...or at least is markedly better by then.

gotta run...so far behind in the chores due to the, uh, excitement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, so sorry to learn about Gracie's accident. Hope her eye doesn't have permanent damage. Good DH were at home with you, when it happened. What about her morning business, will you have to take her out in the wee hours before daylight? It must hurt a lot. Good the pain medicine is working. Poor dog and poor you. Hugs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, yes, I intended to take her out before the sun comes up.  thank god the meds are working...she's out of it.  Gracie and I thank everyone for the group hug. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

First off, how is Gracie this morning, Kargiver?  Poor girl.

Sun is shining here, and when I stepped out to feed Harry, it feels like a nice day.  Can see as it shines through the windows tho, that they sure could use a little vinegar and water.  Boy are they cloudy.  Sure it's due to all the roof work.  Went up to the attic and that is one mess to clean up too.  So glad he forewarned me to cover things up there.  A lot of "stuff" came through the roof rafters.

Energy to spare last night, and brought out all the bags from my closet floor, the baskets, and set them up.  Don't know why I was thinking I needed 6, I counted and recounted, and recounted, and 5 takes care of everyone fine, GT and partner get stockings instead, as has been our tradition - those stretched out knitted stockings that are 4 times as long as when my mother knitted them!  They make out OK, not to worry.  I'm in good shape with the fillers, and the baskets are plenty big enough.  I think the handles aren't as tall perhaps as some of past years, and that had made them look smaller to me.  No ribbon tho, and no clear bags to put the baskets in - was sure I came across some left over from last year, and the problem is, I moved them someplace else that I thought was more appropriate!  One last place to look, and that would be attic box of wrappings and cards.

Don't get the grocery flyers anymore, either in mail or with Globe's Sunday paper, and I hate trying to check it online.  I like going through it page by page and circling the buys I'm interested in.  Guess I'll do that after breakfast.

Hope you all have a good day.  I'm not sure yet what it holds in store for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Y". Want to download Ken Follett's "Fall of the Giants" on my kindle. Anyone read it? It is part of a triology, I believe. I read  "The Pillars of the Earth" by him a few years back and loved it.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Pingo, I think it is part of his WWI and aftermath trilogy. 

I loved Pillars of the Earth, whihc was about Salisbury Cathedral, but thought the sequel was horrid.  If you like Pillars you might enjoy "Sarum" by Edward Rutherfurd.

I also tried to start the Follet WWI trilogy, but, I have read so much stuff that it seemed totally derivitive - reminded me of R. F. Delderfield and "God is an Englishman" "The Avenue" and "To Serve Them All MY Days."  Delderfield is being reissued by Sourcebooks - you might like his books.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, my dollar store had the clear basket bags 2/$1...if you don't find yours.  Also Xmas Tree shop...but a bit more expensive.

Kar, I hope Gracies continues to heal well.  Too bad you can't put sunglasses on her - wouldn't that make a great picture?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Thanks for asking about Gracie...she's managing.  Her eye looks less inflamed, and I only felt she needed 1/2 a pain pill this morning since she wasn't blinking as much.  I didn't get to a full walk this morning before the sun came up, but we took care of business.  Looks like someone died - we have all the shades pulled to protect her doctor-dilated eye from getting damaged by the bright sun.  The pain med is keeping her content to lay by the fire, thankfully.

tt, you're an inspiration, as usual, for me to get on the Christmas stick asap...you're so on top of things.  Funny about the extra basket - maybe use it for an Easter basket for Lily.

bil will be here tomorrow night for dinner and overnight so I can drive him to the airport very early.  Ugh.  Family...what can ya do.  He's been tolerable at least with me because I made it clear that purposeful bad behavior isn't something I accept, period.

so, cleaning and getting the guest bed and bath in shape is on the docket for today as is cooking what I can ahead.  The trips' baptism is in the morning so that's our whole day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I am so glad that the trips are being baptised.  I know that some people think it's too wierd and children have to decide for themselveswhen they are grown and can appreciate the significance, but, you can't get married in the Catholic Church (I am not Catholic, but I deal with a lot of people who are having problems with this) or join any mainline Protestant Church without being baptised, and it's a lot less embarrassing to have it done as an infant than as a teenager or adult!  And it's certainly easier to reject if it happened without your consent.....

Not to mention the excuse for a party and cake.  Which is always fun.  I love parties!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love your idea of Gracie with sunglasses, Hats!  lol  I have some note paper of assorted cats faces, and some have sequin studded sunglasses - I should say, I had - because those were the ones I sent out first!

So good to be able to lounge around in my robe this morning.  Even got to stay in bed an extra 1/2 hour, and that half hour makes a difference.  Flipped on TV this morning and I'm not sure what station, but it's an old Jimmy Stewart movie.  Think I'll grab a second cup of coffee and watch and embroider.

ETA:  Saw your post when mine came up, Hats.  Got news yesterday of a first baby expected in our extended family.  So exciting, can't wait for the shower.  Love showers.

P.S.  It's Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak - had to go in and look at her face before I could think of her name.  Used to love her movies.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Parties rock...l love parties, too!  Poor mom, though, hosting.  

I asked about sunglasses, I really did, lol, but the doc said that we'd need the geezer's cataract surgery wrap around style, lol, and I don't think she'd keep them on.  Oh, well.  They DO have very expensive contacts for dogs in this boat, but between the doggie ophthalmologist consult, actual exam, and the contact itself we'd be shelling out nearly $1000.  We love her, but she's just going to have to live in the shade for two weeks!

tt, I adore Jimmy Stewart.  Rear Window is one of my favorite movies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This one turned out to be Vertigo.  I loved  her and Jimmy Stewart in Bell, Book and Candle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

What a beautiful day! Waiting for my friend to come and pick me up. DD is home alone while BF is working, so we are going to surprise her with breakfast : )  Kar, happy to hear Gracie is doing ok. Poor thing! Really gets in it doesn't she? Someone posted this on Facebook and thought it was funny and worth sharing. Have a wonderful day everyone!

"So, Twinkies which was suppose to survive a nuclear holocaust, die 3 weeks before the end of the world? Well played, Mayans...."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how nice, ambergirl!  Have fun. :)

I fashioned a sunshade out of Gracie's "Comfy Cone" and a cut up t-shirt taped to the top that drapes over the front.  She's not enjoying it, but it's far too sunny for her to even take a potty break safely so...sigh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm back! My friend had plans but so sweet of her to take me to DD's. She was so surprised! She had texted me in the morning that her back hurt and she was too lazy to cook something. So nice to do something for her. No plans for the rest of the day so far, but that's ok. Sometimes that is a good thing. Kar, you crack me up with Gracie! You are such an awesome mom to her. She truly is blessed to have you and DH..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I realized I was wishing a Happy Birthday to mm and not ss. I corrected it but too funny...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think mm is on all our minds, she's been absent so long.  Hope everything is alright and she will drop in to at least let us know all is well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope so too tt... how is Cheerio?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I really miss pictures.. hope they fix that soon.. they boys are miserable..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon ladies,
    You are so innovative, Kar. Boy, do I wish we had photo option. Would love to see Gracie in her "sun shades". Maybe you should work on your invention and market it. "The Sharks" (Friday night TV program in case you are not familiar with it) would love to invest in it. Wouldn't that be cool?How are the kitchen curtains coming along?
    Amber, sounds like you are feeling a lot better. Nice surprise for DD. I am sure your TLC made her feel a lot better.
    Thanks for getting back to me on the book, Hats. Maybe it is not for me after all. I have read enough WW books already. I have your lovely Citrus loaf in my toaster oven as we speak. Made a grilled ham and cheese sandwich for DH this morning. He said it was the best ever. I love that thing - how could I live this long w/o one?
    tt, my grocery flyers stopped too a while ago. So, I wrote to the advertising company and asked them to put me back on their mailing list. Now I receive them again. The address is on the cover flyer and I looked for it, but DH had already gotten rid of it. Next week I will make sure I post the address for you.
    The chicken soup last night did what it was supposed to do. Plus I took a Benadryl before bed so I could sleep. Got a good nights sleep and I am feeling so much better today.
    Not much on the docket today. Having painters painting our downstairs and a crew removing the last of the leaves. DH is playing his team tennis, and when he gets back, I will make lunch for all of them. Nothing fancy; just meatball subs and a large bag of chips. Have the frozen meatballs simmering in TJ's Marinara sauce, so everything is ready to go.

Sections
Shortcuts