November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: November 2012

I love the program Shark Tank Pingo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, meatball subs are fancy enough, if it's not cold cuts it's fancy! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Well, they are not homemade. I shortcut that. But there are 6 guys with big appetites, so this was an easy way out for me. They were so appreciative. They are our guys, so I want to take good care of them. They don't do this for free, but instead of paying a landscaper, DH will much rather pay those guys. And a meatball sub goes a long way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We are addicted to Shark Tank!  We record it and watch on Saturday mornings.  My shade is not ST worthy, though, Pingo- I'd be laughed off the set - she can't see a thing and has to be kept from walking into things.  It's her cone with a veil attached; yes, I'd post a photo if I could - it's pretty funny looking!  I can walk her without it in just over an hour.  Until then, vacuuming.

pingo, so glad you asked about the toaster oven and found our advice to ring true.  Happy to hear you're staving off illness.  

Ambergirl, dd must have really been happily surprised especially since her back is hurting.  Is she showing?

I thought I was coming down with something last night and had a "tea" with powdered ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and two dried hot peppers...plus 5 cranberry capsules. Seems I'm ok today, thankfully.  I wouldn't be able to visit the babies if I were sick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, you watch the Shark Tank? DH and I watch it faithfully. Did you watch last night? What did you think of "Nearly Newlywed"? Stupid idea IMO. Roger is right; most brides want to keep their wedding dress, and if you can afford a $10,000 gown, there are nice gowns for a lot lot less.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, we tape it too, so we don't have to watch all the ads. But now that it is an hour later, we might start watching it Saturday as well. Didn't think anyone on this board were interested in it. Glad I found company. Yea!
    A few weeks ago, they had something called a Scrub Daddy in the Shark Tank. I have ordered them on the net (they come in packs of 6) and will use some of them for stocking stuffers this Christmas.

Glad you are feeling better. It would be so sad if you missed the trips baptisme. Wish you could show us pictures.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, DD is showing : )  She is all baby. No fat anywhere except big belly : )  I did see Shark Tank last night and totally agree with you Pingo. Wish I could come up with an idea that would make me millions. And Pingo, a big meatball sub would sit well with me right now!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I baked chicen thighs with barbecue sauce and they come out great. But why oh why am I craving a pepperoni pizza???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My post just went poof!  Took a chance and ran up to S&S to get my needs for the week.  Wasn't bad at all.  All the registers were open, helpful clerks on every aisle, and everyone I ran into (literally and otherwise!) seemed in good spirits.  Just sitting down to play a game of MahJong or Jewel Quest before tackling putting all those groceries away - somewhere.

I didn't get any pepperoni pizza, Amber, but I did get some Friendly's coffee ice cream - does that help?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, you are torturing me! Would love some ice cream!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have been so good on my diet. But def craving things I miss : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kar, DD is showing : )  She is all baby. No fat anywhere except big belly : )  I did see Shark Tank last night and totally agree with you Pingo. Wish I could come up with an idea that would make me millions. And Pingo, a big meatball sub would sit well with me right now!

[/QUOTE]

Come on over, Amber. I have leftovers -----

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha, tt. I do that too (maybe 3 games), when I get home from shopping before I put the groceries away.

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My post just went poof!  Took a chance and ran up to S&S to get my needs for the week.  Wasn't bad at all.  All the registers were open, helpful clerks on every aisle, and everyone I ran into (literally and otherwise!) seemed in good spirits.  Just sitting down to play a game of MahJong or Jewel Quest before tackling putting all those groceries away - somewhere.

I didn't get any pepperoni pizza, Amber, but I did get some Friendly's coffee ice cream - does that help?

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

On my way Pingo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, I thought of you when I was in the baking aisle picking up flour, choc bits, baking choc squares, walnuts - everything was either on sale or I had a dollar coupon for it.  Only thing that floored me was the price of cloves - it was either 7.99 or 9.99 for a little jar, and allspice almost as bad.  Even with their sale price and a dollar coupon off I had, wasn't about to spend that.

Amber, my supper tonight will be leftover mac and cheese, doctored up with some Mexican shredded cheese, and a cut up hot dog added.  You know what dessert will be - right?

Left the TV on for Cheerio when I went out and she slept right through until I came in the back door and I saw her jump down and stretch to see what goodies I had bought for her.   Just like a kid!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I had chicken thighs, but I so want pepperoni pizza.. where the heck did that come from! Cheerio is making me smile : )  Amber use to get so excited when I came home with bags too. The boys? Not so much... unless I have the Temptations treat. Boo especially goes crazy for them and runs when I shake the packet! So funny : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought the Almost Newlywed idea was fabulous - an online consignment shop, no strings attached but the option to sell it back.  My gown was a $5000 designer gown from the brick and mortar consignment shop, VOWS, in Newton.  That store is so popular it has its own show on cable called I Found the Gown, and my seamstress, Anahit, is a regular on the show.  Anyway, my dress was $700!  If I could have sold it back for $350 I would have; it's just sitting in the guest room closet where it's been for 4 years.  There are not a lot of new gowns for $700 that I thought were even worth that much.  The designer gowns are very marked up, but they are worth what you'd pay at VOWS or the Almost Newlywed site imo.

ambergirl, wish you could post DD's cute profile!  

All this talk about all the yummies is killing me.  I'm using the calorie/exercise tracker "LoseIt" so I have to log everything!  Nothing like accountability to keep me on track. I'm 5 lbs from my ultimate goal which, by the way, is to be able to zip up my very unforgiving (tight silk) wedding dress forever...heck, maybe I'll wear it again when I die, lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

See Kar, isn't it good you didn't sell your wedding dress? Most brides like to keep them. I still have mine. I will never be able to wear it again, but we sometimes take it out, just to look at it. In my country it is bad luck to give away your wedding dress. They say as long as you keep it, the marriage will last. My mother also had hers. They were married for 65 years. Unfortunately my sister threw it out, when mom went to a nursing home. I would have loved to make something out of it. But what can you do, when you are so far away.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT I wish you were near Arlington, there is a spice store there called Penzey's that sells spices so cheaply.  They sell them in bags as well as small and large glass jars and they are even a lot less than MB prices.  But maybe someone would check the price at MB for you? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Frost is on the pumpkin - and everything else this morning.

Hats, what a fascinating place.  I googled it, and then went to the Yelp site and read the reviews.  My oldest son orders all kinds of spices online and I'm wondering if this is where he orders them from.  I sent him the link so he could read the reviews, which were so interesting, and hinted, no downright suggested, that maybe his wife (since she will drive anywhere) would take he and I on one of her days off.  I particularly enjoyed the review suggesting you stop at the desk when you go in and pick up one of the jars of coffee beans they offer for people to sniff to cleanse their noses after sniffing a few of the spices.  Thanks.

Sunday morning, so that means bacon to me.  Will have to do some baking today too, think I'll make up the half moons and freeze them, and also do some sort of breakfast treat, maybe a banana bread.

Oh, there's that sun shining through these cloudy windows again!  Forgot all about that yesterday.  I'll have to start a list I leave on the kitchen table - "To Do" in big letters.  lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Funny TT, just reading a book where the cook came to the writer and told her she could not stand the dirtiness of the windows with the sun shining through and cook said she would wash them but she was afraid that she would fall off the steps (ladder), so the mistress went next door to borrow their steps.  But she got talking and forgot to borrow them so she had to go back again.

I would be so glad if you get to Penzey's.  Another thing they have is gift boxes of spices - baking boxes, sausage making, barbecue/grilling, and they used to have a big box which was for newlyweds or people getting their first house.  One year I gave all of my siblings/in laws these boxes.  See you there ;-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Will be thinking of you all wishing you a wonderful day. I'm hurrying to make the final cleaning preps for an overnight guest and then to get ready for the baptism an hour and a half away.  Walked Gracie before sunrise.  Will give her a pain pill shortly so she'll rest comfortably while we're gone.  Then, the rush will be on to put on a "company" dinner ASAP.  Hopefully, he won't show up early as his his disrespectful way.  I told him we won't be home so one can dream.  Tomrorrow, will be up at 5 and on the road by 6:20 to Logan.  Won't check back in until the 2 hour drive back...11 am, maybe?  Oh, no, I didn't cancel my chiropractic appointment.  Darn it.  

talk to you later,

~kar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sunday Morning, Channel 4 9-10:30, today is all about "Food".  Icer, do you still watch that with me?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Goodmorning,
    Frost everywhere, except for the corner of our pool roof, where the sun have hit already. I heard it would only be below degrees in the Berkshires. Oh, well! Fortunately, the sun is out.
    Kar, don't your "favorite" BIL have cabs, where he lives? I just can't believe, he is doing this to you. A classic case of "It's all about me!" Enjoy your morning with the trips. Will there be lunch afterwards?
    Hats, I get Penzey's catalog all the time. They have excellent prices, but not as low as the etnic stores. I buy my spices at an Indian grocery store in Burlington. They are very fresh and cheap. For an 8 oz. bag of crushed black pepper f.ex. I pay only $1.99. I invested in some small spice jars and just keep filling them up. The leftovers I keep in sealed plactic bags and they last for a long time. I like Penzey's giftboxes, they are well thought out and very presentable.
    Funny, we had chicken legs as well last night. Roasted in my new toaster oven of course. They came out very well. I served a quinoa salad along with them. Tonight will be pizza out. We will be leaving for breakfast shortly, then go to the office and stop for pizza on our way home. There are so much to do at the office, with the moving/reorganization. Everything is now in boxes and I can't find anything. Hopefully I can get my "new" office organized today.
    Have a good Sunday everyone!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hats, I thought of you when I was in the baking aisle picking up flour, choc bits, baking choc squares, walnuts - everything was either on sale or I had a dollar coupon for it.  Only thing that floored me was the price of cloves - it was either 7.99 or 9.99 for a little jar, and allspice almost as bad.  Even with their sale price and a dollar coupon off I had, wasn't about to spend that.

Amber, my supper tonight will be leftover mac and cheese, doctored up with some Mexican shredded cheese, and a cut up hot dog added.  You know what dessert will be - right?

Left the TV on for Cheerio when I went out and she slept right through until I came in the back door and I saw her jump down and stretch to see what goodies I had bought for her.   Just like a kid!

[/QUOTE]

tt, buy your cloves and all your spices at OSJL, they are only 88 cents  cents a jar.  I looled for cloves for a long time, refused to pay those high prices, when I found them at above I got myself 3 jars.  ss