November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: November 2012

I love my DD's BF... she emailed me and told me he picked up dessert for his family at Elm Street Bakery (best bakery in my opinion!) and got a box of desserts for me.. DD didn't know about it. I am so touched... He is a wonderful boyfriend and such a love to me... 

This is what makes Thanksgiving. I am blessed to have them in my life along with my close friends who have been with me in trying times.. And last, but not least, my CC friends who are there when I need them. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am signing off for the day. Love you all!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, how did the vet visit go?
    tt, I am d-d-d-done too. The oil guys just left. They did indeed find a rusted pipe, with a small hole, that sucked in air - even 3 feet underground. They fixed that and changed a few other things. Hope that is it, and we won't have any new surprises. The boiler is humming away, w/o the hissing sound it had on and off before.
    While they were working, I went to get pizza for them for lunch and I made a batch of banana muffins for coffee and an afternoon snack. Then while I had everything out, I used up another 6 frozen bananas for two banana breads.  I meant to send one home with each of them for the holiday, but they were still in the oven, when they left. So now I will just wrap them up and freeze them for another time. They keep well.
    tt, no - I didn't go to work today. DH was here with the guys, so he went late. Will probably come home really late tonight, trying to catch up with what he missed today. I have leftovers for tonight, so I can take it easy the rest of the day. Feeling like taking a break right now and sit down and read for a while. Will probably make me doze off. But that's ok. I am done with my TG preparations. LOL
    What a blessing, I don't have 20 people coming for TG dinner tomorrow, with no heat and everything else that was going on today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We can share the wine too Amber.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber that was so sweet of her bf. I am thankful that I have all of you as well. It is rreally great to discuss things with people and get different views and ways to look at things.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, logging back on for you. Channel 4 is having a story on a woman who was injured by a turkey on her property and what the neighbors are doing to help. Not sure what that is, but might be worth watching?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks, Amber. Will try to find it. Truly those birds are nasty. I am not surprised at all, that this could happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, it was on the 6:00 news. Hope you watched it. I didn't, so sorry I can't tell you what the advice was. Everything done so thought I woud check in. Looks like everyone is off for the night. Chat on Friday!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

nighty night ...i am all tuckered out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I wish you all a great day with family and friends--or just a relaxful day , if that is your plan!

All is well here-DH has been feeling great lately. We are all going to DS2 tomorrow, and will meet his GF family for the first time. Exciting!

Getting a lot of prep and laundry done tonight, so I should not be too rushed tomorrow.

We are bringing the squash, shrimp, stuffed celery, and an eclair ring. And of course, have to make a turkey, stuffing, etc for here , so we will have "leftovers" and  for sandwiches. My favorite thing is Thanksgiving morning-making and sampling the stuffing. Yum--can't wait!

Hope to catch up over the weekend! Have a great day, all !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, and happy Thanksgiving!

ambergirl, your post about dd and bf and your thankfulness got me choked up first thing. :)  

pingo, glad your oil guys figured it out.  If I were them, I'd have looked at the oven timer and "remembered that tool we forgot" just about the time the banana bread was done, lol.  speaking of food, though, I've logged another loss this morning.  I have 3.5 of those "last ten" to go.  I will keep using LoseIt to maintain...I love it!

tt, have you decided what to wear?  I haven't...was thinking of you as I surveyed my closet yesterday for something comfy, cozy, yet presentable.

tulips, how great to hear from you and that dh is feeling so much like himself!  You must both be so happy to have a fun day ahead.  I hope his health persists at least through Christmas and Neew Year's to enjoy them, too, and of course, well beyond.

thanks for thinking of Gracie, Pingo and others.  She did SUPER GREAT yesterday!  Her scratch on her cornea is TOTALLY  healed, and the doc was shocked it didn't take up even a smidgen of test stain.  The laceration in the corner of her lid is healing nicely, too.  Her eye is able to contract, now, so she can tolerate sunlight, again.  And, the best news of all is that the doc said it healed so fast and completely that there shouldn't even be a small scar.

i made pecan pie last night and will make a veggie this morning. SIL is having an afternoon TG, thankfully, so we'll be leaving around 11:30.  

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, and as ambergirl already eloquently put it, you guys are the best and I am thankful for you all, too.  Winter, agree re the different viewpoints being a blessing!

love,

kar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning an Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Kar, that is wonderful news about Gracies eye. I am sure all the blinds went up as soon as you got home. You are such a good doggie-mom. Thanks to you the healing went so fast.
    I love Loseit too and are thankful to you, that you got me started on it. 4.6 lbs. so far. Totally amazing. It never went off that fast before.
    Happy to see your post, Tulip. And happy to hear DH is doing so well right now. Like Kar, I hope it stays that way, so you all can enjoy the holidays.
    A good friend called last night to wish us HTG, and asked about the boys assuming they were home. When she heard, DH and I would celebrate by ourselves, she insisted we come and celebrate with her and her family. "You are not going to be alone home on TG!" So the rack went into the freezer, and I will bring the pecan pie I bought and one of the banana breads. 

I also am so thankful for knowing all of you. The friendsip and support we give each in good as well as bad times is dear to me. Blessing to you all and enjoy this day.
    Hugs, - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I'm THRILLED for our success and enjoyment of LoseIt, congrats!!  That is fabulous!  I've never lost so easily, either, even on the cleanse.  I just worked out on my stepper and got to log 383 calories!  I'm heading to SIL's with a negative balance, lol.  I'm ready!  Oh, and we also always walk after the big meal so I'll be able to count on that, too.  Love it!!!  And, yeah, we put all the shades right up...no more shrouding. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy Thanksgiving!

Fell into bed at 7:00 last night, and had a good night's sleep, waking up at 6:00, with only a couple of wake ups in between - NONE of them to a mouse!  Cheerio was pooped too, and spent the night on top of the couch, near the heat.

Fig squares, half moons, candy, turkey plate I bought for GT, and book I picked up for oldest son when I was in P'town, are all neatly pkgd, tied with bows, and in a bag that contains my nightie, toothbrush, in case I stay over.  Pumpkin soup, container of cream, and candy, wait in fridge until the last minute to take out.  My ride is about 10:30, so I'm in good shape, just watching some of the parade.

So good to see a post from you, Tulips, and to hear your husband is feeling good and will be able to enjoy the holiday.

Kargiver, great news about Gracie's eye healing so completely.  Not in small part due to you following the doctor's orders to a "T".  Good Mom.

Nice you got invited to spend the day with friends, Pingo.

Amber, enjoy your day with DD, and Winter, that roast sounds so good.

Princess, thinking of you and hoping you won't overdo.

I've had calls from the two sons I won't see today, both of them pretty much staying around home, and the TV and football games.

Cheerio senses I'm going somewhere and is following me around room to room, crying, "Don't forget to leave food enough for me!"  Harry was here at 6:00 and has had his Thanksgiving treat.  So, you see, we're all in pretty good shape here.  Oh, Kargiver, I did go with the green casual suit, my only touch of dressiness a string of beads around my neck, and the gold earrings G.T. brought me back from Italy.  I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the day, and my nice ride out with my favorite of G.T.'s friends.  He's a love.

Happy Turkey Day everyone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just sat down and went over all the foods on the Loseit menu, that may be available today at the TG table. So I know exactly how much I can have of each w/o going over. Plus I desided to skip lunch and just have a snack, so I am all set (dinner is at 4pm). Just saw on the news, a regular TG meal has 2500 calories. Ugh!

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pingo, I'm THRILLED for our success and enjoyment of LoseIt, congrats!!  That is fabulous!  I've never lost so easily, either, even on the cleanse.  I just worked out on my stepper and got to log 383 calories!  I'm heading to SIL's with a negative balance, lol.  I'm ready!  Oh, and we also always walk after the big meal so I'll be able to count on that, too.  Love it!!!  And, yeah, we put all the shades right up...no more shrouding. :)

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The roast turned out well, but the sauce was a little too sweet. No many people here at work today, so it will be a long day. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, everyone, for the thoughtful attributing of Gracie's healing to Mom's attentiveness; I'm just glad my diligence did pay off.  And, she had a lovely day yesterday soaking up the Fall sun.

Winter, glad the roast came out good.  "Sweet" is in the tastebuds of the eater, though - maybe it wasn't as sweet to others.  My SIL thought her cranberry sauce was too sweet, and I thought it was absolutely spot on. 

Pingo, I logged everything last night and came in at 1400 for the day, over my budget to lose, but under my maintenance allowance.  I actually recorded a 0.4 lb LOSS this morning!!  I LOVE LOSEIT!  It's almost as easy as rubbing the iPad on my stomach and making fat disappear.  And, I ate some of everything I wanted and left happy and satisfied.  

tt, a comfy green pant suit with gold accessories sounds lovely.  I love gold and green together, and I'm sure you looked great!  I chose a stretchy, long skirt (earth tone pattern) and cowl-ish sweater (beige) with a black tank that peeks out in the V of the sweater's neck.

My pie was not my best.  I measured the flour too densely so there was far too much, and then I forgot to bake it on the lowest oven rack so it wasn't really as done as it should have been.  Oh, well.  I haven't made a white flour crust or even a whole pie (have been using ramekins) for a long time.  I'll make it again for Christmas and I think it will be as good as it was before this last fiasco.  

We had a lovely day, and hope everyone else here did, too!

DH is hiking with Gracie, and we are working to get the house warm after it dipped to 59 last night.  We didn't start the fire before we went to bed...too lazy, whoops!

Chat later,

~kar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Black Friday morning,

Quiet on the streets around me, but I'll bet not a couple of miles out at the various stores.

Got a Thursday edition of the Globe delivered yesterday, and the section of sales flyers was thicker than the paper itself!  After I get the rubbish out and have some breakfast, I'll browse through it, not for mall stores, but maybe some of the smaller ones.

Had a great day yesterday.  Enjoyed my ride out  - taking an even different route than I've gone with G.T.  Seemed more straight forward to me.  Food was good (what Thanksgiving feast isn't?), and there was a lot of conversation - sometimes all going in different directions at the same time!  Tiring for our older gentleman friend, but altho his body may be failing, his mind is still as sharp as ever.  He always brings little boxes of sweets for the ladies from his favorite candy store, and had brought chocolate turkeys for the little ones as well, that he handed out just before he left.  It tickles him that I always bring a ribbon tied container of a few half moons, made specially for him.

Kargiver, I'll bet the advice you gave Winter, went for your pie, as well.  We're always too critical of our own attempts, but I'll bet the pie tasted delicious to everyone else.  Fig squares I brought went over, but I didn't hear any raves, not everyone is as fond of them as I.  One of my sons experimented with a flourless cookie that he brought, that was absolutely delicious - came out like a toffee.  He's on the list to recreate them and bring them for Christmas - which, btw, my DIL announced she, he and Lilly's mom, dad and siblings will be staying for dinner this year.  Oh, how I miss my old table that had 2 leafs.

G.T. had refinished a jelly cabinet to fit in an empty space in their pantry, and I think it would fill the bill for what I'm looking for behind my kitchen door.  He's going to buy another one and finish it for me for Christmas.  We did the measurements when I got home last night, and it will be just the right size - shelves deep enough to hold my bowls, and a long bottom drawer, with a top I can put my cookie jar on and whatever else.

Still have recycling bin to put out, so will do that and then put on coffee and slice into a lemon bread G.T. made.  Sorry for you guys that have to go into work today, but then, as Winter said, not many people there, maybe it will be a good day to get caught up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I'm sure your pie was fine. Glad Gracie is doing well. tt, sounds like you also had a great day. The jelly cabinet that G.T. finished sounds lovely. Wish we could see a picture of it. DH is home all alone today, so I suspect he will start on the leaf clean up to get out on Tuesday's pick up. Tomorrow we will start on the lights and decorations. tt, we workers that are here have called ourselves the "Elite Crew" today. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Elite Crew" - I like it - or as my DIL calls herself, "Essential Personnel" !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We are in a buliding with other companies and we are the only one opened today. We have no security or maintenance staff. We have to use a side door to come and go.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Another great TG story, yay, tt!  The gentleman sounds like exactly that, a real gentleman.  I love fig bars - I'd have raved!

thanks, ladies, yeah the pie was ok...of store bought quality.  I will do a few things differently next time that I had forgotten and I'll be happy with it.  when I was making pies all the time my pecan got endless accolades.  Oh, well, like you say, it was good enough, and that's what happens when you're out of practice for anything.  I'm ok. :)

got the tv on...can't ever believe the throngs of BF shoppers there are...not for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not good, no security on today, Winter.  Wonder what the thinking was to have some of you guys in the office alone.  Might be interesting to log just how many calls or stop ins you do get today.  Might cause them to rethink next year.

Got to tie up papers and get them on on top of the recycling bin.  Then it's the sales flyers for me, may venture out locally, just for an hour or so.  Too much sitting yesterday, need to move around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We don't get any customers or anything today, so the only visitors we could get would be vendors. But would be nice to have someone here in case of an emergency. 

tt, enjoy your couple of hours out. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Glad everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving......we all had a grand time here.....Dinner from S&S went well, only leftover was the turkey and  bit of gravy.  No shopping for me today, those crowds that Im sure will  be there woud be too much for me.  Time to start taking down the TG shakers and start putting up some Christmas ones.  Real cloudy out today.....hope there is no rain in sight.  Take care all and Keep Smiling, ss

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Goodmorning,
    Sounds like you all had a great TG. We had a lovely time with good friends, good conversation and good food. Even though it was kept in our friends' home, it was the younger generation cooking, which I found was lovely. DIL and 2 nieces, while our friends were free to entertain. Only mishap was, that DIL cut her finger badly, while slicing the turkey. But our friend is a plastic surgeon, so she was stitched up in no time, and she was fine during the rest of the evening.
    I wasn't too happy to bring a store bought pecan pie, so I made 24 mini pecan pies in the morning, from the pecans I had that was not enough for a full pie. They went over well. Even for the guests, that usually find pecan pie too sweet. But as you must know by now, I always cut the sugar in anything I make. They were all gone by the time we left.
    Kar, that is awesome. Over your budget and still loosing. I had a little bit of everything, sticking to the sizes I had worked out in the morning - including two glasses of wine. I was 230 under my budget but stayed the same. That is a win for me, so I am happy. Normally I would have bagged a couple of lbs.
    Too bad you had to work today, Winter. If no bosses are around, can't you leave a bit early? I am sure your gravy was fine. We are often too critical of ourselves. Did you get DS book yet? I might download it on my kindle. It sounds interesting to me. I love historical books.
    We are not planning to do Black Friday, except we want to stop by REI. DH needs a new warm winter jacket, and they have 50% off sale plus I have a 20% coupon.
    Going to the office after that. We are closed, but there is always something for DH and I to do. Also thinking of going to a late afternoon movie.