November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2012

Under budget on TG, Pingo, that's great!  And, you probably didn't see a loss purely due to extra sodium causing a water weight compensation for the fat loss.  Drink a ton of water today, stay within budget, and I bet you'll log another decent loss very soon.  I wouldn't have seen a loss had I not had TONS of water to counteract water retention.  A calorie deficit always causes a fat loss even if other factors don't let the scale prove it right away.

oh, mini pecan pies, what a great idea!  (I use brown rice syrup so it's quite a bit less sweet.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, the book is not available for download. It's historicial fiction so it's not 100% true, but the main character, Willie Johnston really was a drummer boy from Vermont in the Civil War. The book did come in and he brought it with him for the ride when his DS (personal video game system) runs out of battery.

It was a sauce of Honey, cinnamon and nutmeg with some apples in it. Think the honey was too sweet for him but my mom and I loved it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh and I'm going to take a shorter lunch and leave a little early I think. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sitting here chomping away on a pumpkin whoopie pie from my doggie bag from Thanksgiving - mmmmm good.   Lunch today started off with a simple salad of lettuce, diced pickle, oil/salt topped with tuna salad with celery - hadn't had in a long time.  Cheerio enjoyed the tuna can with pieces still clinging.  Now she's on the l.r. rug washing up, and I'll head in and wait for Y&R, both of us soaking up the sun that's streaming in the window.  Decided not to go out, I'll read a little and work on pillow cases - while doing a couple of washes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, your lunch sounds good. I'd love an egg salad sandwhich today. I'll have to see if the place near here is open. Cheerio must be so excited to get a litte tuna. DH made clam dip yesterday and gave Yoda some of the juice, he was all over it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmmmmm, nice lunch!  I have to go out for chicken thighs to make butternut chicken soup for lunch...must hurry now.  The sun is gorgeous, for sure...not too cold, now, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello everyone : )

I am happy to see everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was wonderful too. The desserts BF brought were amazing and I am pigging out on cheesecake, cannolis, chocolate eclairs ect... I had cheesecake with coffee this morning. Every day should begin that way....  : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just measured, ate, and logged my lunch of chicken, potato, and vodka sauce...yum!  Kinda like chicken parm, although, only had a sprinkle of the parm, lol.

ambergirl, sounds decadent - what a great bf dd has!  So happy you guys spent it together.  Did you get lots of pg pics of dd?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, I am the WORSE person to take pictures! I always think of it after. But now that you mentioned it, I am def taking a picture next time DD is over and will send to you : ) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, the mini pies were a hit, b/c the guests loved the fact, that they were bite portions and they didn't have to deal with a fork and and a hard crust. I already decided, that mini pies - whatever kind - is what I will bring, whenever there is a larger gathering. More time consuming than a larger pie, but not hard to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

View 2012-08-28_08-52-58_10.jpg in slide show

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, did you watch Y&R?  It was an old old clip of Victor remarrying Nikki, and Ashley making a video for her baby dau telling her her real father was Victor.  Hate when they drag up the old videos.

In gathering up clothes to be washed from my bedroom, and remembered waking up last night, absolutely sure I heard the call of a moose outside my bedroom window!  Of course, in the light of day, I realize it was probably me waking myself up snoring!  Too funny.  Last night I was afraid to get up and pull up the blind and look1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, could you and Cheerio see my picture??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, I couldn't open it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I couldn't see it either Amber. :( 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for a loud chuckle Mrs. Moose!

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Icer, did you watch Y&R?  It was an old old clip of Victor remarrying Nikki, and Ashley making a video for her baby dau telling her her real father was Victor.  Hate when they drag up the old videos.

In gathering up clothes to be washed from my bedroom, and remembered waking up last night, absolutely sure I heard the call of a moose outside my bedroom window!  Of course, in the light of day, I realize it was probably me waking myself up snoring!  Too funny.  Last night I was afraid to get up and pull up the blind and look1

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ugh.. I had the cutest picture of Tigger and Boo Boo for Cheerio... Wish they would fix the picture option! Being lazy today...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've done 2 washes, eaten and eaten and snacked, tried to get into Barbara Kingsolver's new book, but it's just too detailed, too conversation wordy.  Sorry, Barbara, I may not be able to forge through this one.  Have several of your books and used to love your writing.

Well, Pingo, it was a little after 2:00 a.m., so if I hear it again tonight, will definitely get out of  bed and pull up the shade.  I'm not sure how I knew what a moose call is like, but it was a bellow and then a short grunt -  more than sure it was me!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, sorry too, that I can't see the picture.  I told Cheerio about it and she said, "Who?"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, you crack me up! I can just see her now saying that : )  I too read numerous books at the same time. But if a book is too "wordy" I get that! I go to something easier : ) I am currently reading Dean Koontz.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I went through a period when I was reading him too.  Picked up a Stephen King book the other day for my son.  I think it's a series of short stores - in basket on stairs, so I can't check, without waking Cheerio when she hears the bottom door open.  She loves to get upstairs and claw at the attic door.  So far I always catch her before she can get it open and get in there.  That reminds me, I need to get up in the attic, take off the cloths I put over things, and bring a broom and dustpan up to clean up all the debris that fell through the cracks when they were doing the roof.  Much more of a mess than I anticipated.  Also still looking for those spools of gift bag ribbon I know I bought.  Finally got the book I had picked up in P'town for my oldest son, to him yesterday.  He's between books now, so was glad to have it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, can't recommend Stephen Kings 11/22/63 enough...  Don't be intimidated by the size of the book. It is easy reading and enthralling...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You may remember I ordered it when it first came out and when I saw the size of it, knew my son would never even start it, and returned it.  May borrow it at some point from the library myself to read - after the holidays.  Finished one pillow case, btw.  Now I'll be working diligently to get the other done, pkged and in GD's basket.  Then I am really through with hers, it's overflowing.  I'll have to play a lot of catch up to fill the others as much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm reading the lastest Nelson DeMille book, he's fantastic. It's called the Panther.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, I am glad I have it on my kindle instead of dragging it around. I read several book at the time as well. So the kindle is really great. I never thought I would say that, as I love to hold the books in my hand and feel the pages as I turn them, and has everytime when being offered it as a gift, told everyone "no". But my TX son had it for me at the side table at my bed, when I visited him last August for 10 days. Got hooked.

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tt, can't recommend Stephen Kings 11/22/63 enough...  Don't be intimidated by the size of the book. It is easy reading and enthralling...

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts