November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: November 2012

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Icer, Waved as we drove by your house today, look for you at Trucchis all the time...No luck.  That sure is a lot of wood  in your yard, do you have a wood stove/fireplce?  Take care ss

[/QUOTE]

Yes SS...we do have/use a wood stove and yes...Honey found a lot of land that needed clearing so he and a few yokel locals have been sharing the wood

Honey's putting up our xmas display..we will liht up the street next sunday...6 p.m...you'll have to check it out next time you go by

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

TT...This weekend is always a busy shower weekend..so many folks home for the holidays

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

It sounds as if all of you had good holidays. I'm glad to hear it.  Thinking of absent friends such as MM and Cal and BeastGal....thankful for those who are still here.

Pingo, was glad to see that you ended up at a friend's home and that the plastic surgeon was on the spot!  That could have ruined the whole day!

We went a bit southerly and were able to play mini-golf and eat ice cream on Friday, but yesterday was freezing, so only indoor pursuits for me.   The men put up Christmas lights, and now DH will have to do it again next weekend.

On the way home we listened to Christmas music on the radio, one station in particular, out of NYC, was playing some great stuff.  I will start listening to my CDs and the Verizon Music Choice station, tomorrow.  We watched Holiday Inn already but White Christmas is still to come....

Now back to the daily grind, but I picked up some nice pine cones on my trip, so it's time to start making decorations for the house. 

Hope Cheerio enjoys all this mousing around.  Imagine she is tired out! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

sounds like the hats home is into the Christmas spirit!  Dh loves the cable Christmas channel so it's on awhile.  I will be decorating tomorrow including putting up the tree.

busy day ahead.  Leaving for the chiropractor in an hour, stopping by friend's house, meeting another to hit all the shops carrying Christmas decorations for cheap, obviously the CTS and not sure where else.  I've already gone online to our restaurant and pre-entered my 485 calorie lunch.  No cheating that way.  Poor Gracie will be outside, but she'll be ok.

we saw a deer in the garden this morning...exciting times!  I got a dark photo - too bad no posting.

have a great day, everyone!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. What a chilly weekend. We had planned to pick up the leaves and decorate the outside, but with the wind the leaves took longer, so we'll have to decorate the outside this weekend, hopefully get the tree up too. 

tt, so sorry the mouse hunt is stil on, hope it is taken care of soon. 

Pingo, what a great day of shopping you had. I have to start on my shopping. Going out Sunday with some friends for our yearly Christmas shopping trip. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Chilly weekend - yes, you are right Winter. I can just imagine, what a difficult job it must have been raking leaves. Cold and windy. There is still a lot of cyper shopping to be done. Especially on the net. I get the same offers 2 - 3 times a day. Yesterday morning I purchased an item that was 25% off, which was a good deal. Later in the afternoon the same company offered 33% off and free shipping. I shot off an e-mail, and got one back, they will honer their latest offer.

Sounds like ou have a full day today, Kar. Shopping with a friend is always nice, but I always seem to buy stuff, I really don't need, so I do prefer to do my shopping alone. I am an "I know, what I want, so in and out quickly" shopper. I am not one spending hours just walking around looking. I do a lot of my gift shopping on the net, and with Amazon's Prime, I get free shipping. For our sons, that will be here for Christmas, I will have the gifts send directly to their homes in UK and TX - and just give them some packable things here.

Hats, you must be in the Christmas spirit already. Sounds like you had a nice little vacation. How was the traffic driving home? It was a mess going out according to the news, but we haven't heard anything of the drive going home. Up here the roads were practically empty during the holidays. All the cars were on the mall parking lots. LOL

Where is that mouse, tt? Did Cheerio presented you with a prize yet?

Nothing special on the docket for today. Just work. Have a good one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, and it is a good morning because Cheerio and I both slept through the night.  She kept telling me all night long the mouse was under the couch, but I moved it, and ran a yardstick under it - nothing.  When I went to bed, took a blanket and fluffed it all up on an end of the couch for her.  Perfect.

Had an early blood draw this morning and swung into CTS on the way back down Route 1.  Almost turned around and went back out when I stepped in the door, that's where their Christmas decorations are and you could hardly push a carriage through.  Once I cleared that section tho, it was smooth sailing, with plenty of room to stop and poke at things I was interested in.  Came out with a lot of stocking stuffers, an extra gift for a friend, basket fillers, and since I hadn't had any breakfast, a loaf of PF rye/pumperknickel swirl bread.  OMG, is that delicious toasted.  Just finishing that with a cup of coffee, hot and strong.

Hats, you had a nice little vacation for yourself.  Glad you had a good and safe trip.  Still looking for a note from Princess.  Hope she's OK.

Bought some garland to swirl around my new stair railings, but think I will wait for G.T. to come on his birthday to do it for me.  What would take me an hour, will take him 20 minutes.

Nice to see a deer in your yard, Kargiver.  I haven't seen OR HEARD any signs of the MOOSE in ours since!  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The traffic, Pingo, was not too bad, but we avoided the Pike on the way home, taking Route 2 and it looks as if that was a very good decision.  And we avoided NYC and 95 too.  It was kind of a convoluted route we took, but it worked out very well.

There were so many dead deer on the roads!  Saw about 3 on the way down, but on the way back, there must have been about 15.  Bad weekend for them, but I think it must be that the winter was so good last year that there is a glut, and all the holiday traffic put cars on the road when they would not normally have been traffic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Hats.  That would have ruined the trip for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So sad, Hats. We have 6 -7 deer in our yard every morning. That's the start. Come March/April, we have seen 25 - 30. Most of them fawns. Don't know, where their dens are, but it has to be close by. Probably somewhere in our wooded area in the back. So evenings, we have to be careful driving around here. They are on the streets everywhere.
    Smart of you taking the back roads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We have a family that crosses our street, further down, through the yard of the Cat Lady.  She's a wreck, because the buck comes first, trots across the street, and leaves the Mrs. and kids to follow best they can.  She said only once, there's been a deer struck and killed on that stretch of road, must have been before we moved here, because I certainly would have remembered that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

We h ave so many deer where I live.   Very scary driving as they dart in and out of the road.  When possible I have my high beams on when dark.  The past few years in addition to early in the morning I am seeing them around 5-7p at night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lunch for me is left over Chicken parm from this great restuarnat Bacci's in Stoneham. Hats, so sad about all those dear. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Gonna be spaghetti for dinner here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, did I plant chicken parm in your mind from my dinner at Vinnie's?  lol  We're all so susceptible on this board to the food suggestions of others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Maybe you did. :) But I do get that alot when I go out for Italian. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, for supper I'm having a baked potato stuffed with cheese and baked beans.  Cranberry juice to drink, and one leftover fig square for dessert.  Perhaps a choc covered cherry to top off supper.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Winter, thats what I get lots of times when we go out to eat, usually the servings are so large that I have the leftovers for lunch the next day.  Today for lunch and dinner I'm having a hot cup of  chicken broth with jello for dessert this evening.Test tomorrow, no food today, and wouldn't you know it, I am starving!! ss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS I did check out the spices in Job Lots this afternoon.  Found the ground cloves $1.50, but haven't found allspice on sale anywhere.  Got some ginger and lemon pepper this morning at CTS.  Went to Target to pick up the Twister game which at some point I saw listed as $10 - now it's $16.99 there.  Didn't pick it up, I'll keep checking, including ToysRUs

Good luck with your test tomorrow.  Don't eat red jello or drink anything with red coloring in it, seriously.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Dinner for me is steak, french fires and some sort of vegetable. Have a good night everyone. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I'm usually on quite a bit each day, so not to worry today, most likely won't be posting again.  Busy day with an appt., errands, and much to do.  Hope you all have a good one, and for those of you working, a safe drive home.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, have a good day. Hope you get all your errands, etc. done. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's snowing...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh no.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

sigh

Sections
Shortcuts