November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: November 2012

Good morning ladies,

Very busy weekend after Thanksgiving. Yesterday I had 4 responses to jobs I have applied to. I have a phone interview tomorrow morning, so keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping it means with the new year, companies are hiring with the new budgets. I find job hunting very odd at times. I had one that wanted you to put a certain subject in the subject line. I did that and received a reply back telling me I was one of the few that did that. I then was asked to solve a problem, which I did. Yesterday I had to fill out a questionairre. If I pass that, hoping to at least get an interview. Looks like an interesting job, but boy do you have to jump through hoops! Sign of the times I guess.  Looks like snow is coming but I heard on the news we won't get much thank God. Although Kar, you probably will. Not hungry this morning, so working on a second cup of tea. I hope everyone stays warm and dry today!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Best wishes on the new prospects, ambergirl!!

its been snowing here for awhile...sigh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Just back from dropping DH off for a colonoscopy (ss have someone to share her misery with). It was snowing on my way back. I hope it soesn't amount to much. The weatherman sad flurries, but we all know, he has been wrong before.
    Kar, I thought of you last night. Chronicle on Channel 5 was dedicated to Quabbin and the small towns around it. Lovely and quaint. Looks like people know how to live out there. Looked so relaxing to me. I could just visualize you and Gracie walking up and down the small streets.
    So glad to hear you have new prospects, Amber. As usual, I am crossing my fingers, you will make a hit this time.
    ss, thinking of you this morning. Hope everything pans out well and you will get a clean bill of health - at least in that department.
    Threw a couple of loads of laundry in while waiting to pick up DH.
    have a good day everyone. Stay safe and dry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We saw that last night, Pingo, too!  good representation. :)

best to your dh...not a fun day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, good luck on the prospects. How was your Thanksgiving? I didn't see that special last night, but I used to visit a small town near there, called Barre and it always seemed very relaxed. Though driving home one night at about 11, we did see a couple of deer on the road. I also used to go to Grafton and Westminster too and all seemd very quiet. I couldn't do it but it did seem peaceful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

repeat post

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi Winter,

My Thanksgiving was wonderful! And yours? Thank you for the encouragement on the job search. Very difficult out there. How is your family and Yoda? I do miss being able to post pictures. I tried copying and pasting, but it didn't work : ( 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanksgiving was great. Yoda is coming around. I can still only pet him when he jumps on the bed (between 4-5 in the am) but he does sit on the other side of the couch and lays by by feet on the floor. Can't touch him but he's content that I am there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I had a cat Bandit like that, but found once she turned 3, she became much more affectionate. I actually found that with most of my cats. The older they get, the more affectionate. Just the fact he sits near you and lets you pet him at all shows trust. He must know my Boo, since he wants to be petted around 3:00am and on too! They are too funny : ) But it must be hard since he is so gorgeous.. I would want to pet him all day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, good luck with the jobs!  Find the story about the hoops very interesting.  Wonder whether it indicates rigidity or openness to creativity.  Will be waiting to hear more. 

Snow not sticking around here.  Did my three errands early and now am in the house.  We have leftover spaghetti and bread, so I think I will start wrapping presents and reading my library books....with the Verizon Christmas music on.  And I will clean the bathroom.  Not exciting, but necessary.

Kar, hope you have good non-slip shoes for your dogwalking....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I do want to pet him all day. He hides behind this kitchen shelf (he's way too big now but in he squeezes). I showed my mom on Thanksgiving and she looked down and was talking to him, saying why don't you come out I want to hold you. Yoda gave her this look like, "Lady you must be crazy!!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

A salter truck just went by, so guess the roads are getting slippery.  I also got an email from the town that work has been halted on some roads, so be careful out there....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yep, donning boots and going.  Can't sit inside all winter. :(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The weather played a part in my plans.  Ran out first thing this morning to S&S and got a nice plump little chicken for 79 cents a lb.   It's been a while since I roasted one, but just put it in the oven at 425 (Ina), celery and onion in the cavity, and set it on a bed of carrots, potatoes and onions, sprinkled all over with lemon pepper, and poured a little melted butter/oil over all. The aroma has already roused Cheerio!

Nasty, cold out.  One of my appts. put me in contact with 2 people sneezing, coughing, sore throats, oh, I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  Washed and washed my hands when I got home and will take an extra vitamin C after supper.  This is no time of year to feel sick - which they did.

Hope your husband made out alright with his test, Pingo.  Not a pleasant one, but necessary, as we get older.

Have a dental cleaning tomorrow, and then Thursday getting together with a friend for lunch and as much poking in stores as she can tolerate. 

Amber, glad you are getting bites on your resumes.  Hope something comes up for you soon.  That would be the perfect Christmas gift.  How are you feeling?  

Princess, please check in.  No word, makes me afraid that you have landed in the hospital again.

No signs of the turkeys around here since Thanksgiving - hmmmm.  Harry is still out there every morning, eats and then leaves.  This morning he poked his head in the door, hissed at Cheerio, and then backed up waiting for me to put his dish of food down.  Sooner or later  he'll end up stepping inside, I know.

Checked with my nanny friend and she was able to pull off the gourmet Thanksgiving dinner she had planned, soup to nuts - and chestnuts.  Said she doesn't plan on doing that again for at least a year.

Saw Jeff Lewis' finale is tonight, so that's imprinted on my memory to stay alert to watch that.  This early bedtime I've fallen into is not good.  Half dozed a little this afternoon sitting on the couch, so that should help.

OK, wash to throw in and litter box to scoop.  Birdfeeder has been filled, so birds are all set for any bad weather.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I can smell your chicken tt, I'll be over at about 6?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh I can smell your chicken tt, I'll be over at about 6?

[/QUOTE]

By 6:00 the chicken will have been eaten and the dishes in the dishwasher!  I will save some leftovers for you tho.

Funny story, usually make the instant puddings.  Pulled one out of the cupboard today and saw it was a cook variety, and that was OK with me.  Lemon.  Had had a 4 pk of cook chocolate last week, and all you did to make two servings was to take one pk of pudding, add 1 cup of milk and cook.  That's what I did with this - noticed it was coagulating, but I wanted pudding and whipped cream, and so ate one warm - read directions afterwards, and it called for water, sugar, egg yokes - evidently was for the filling in a lemon pie!  So far my stomach isn't rebelling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I love warm pudding. :) Leftovers sound great.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Curds won't hurt your stomach, tt, no harm...you made sweet lemon cottage cheese, lol.

just got back from a snowy hour walk.  After doing the stepper for an hour this morning I was dreading the hills, but I forced it. ugh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, thanks for the well wishes, hope your DH's test was okay. Due to my lung problem and my inability to keep down the yucky stuff you have to drink, the Dr. decided not to do my test, and since if was just a follow up, not necessary.....he was so apolagetic, a real nice man, but....if he did it he would NOT have given my any anesthetic and he didn't want to put me thru that.oh well, glad the ordeal is over.....ss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope you'll feel better as the night wears on, SS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I have been feeling good, thanks for asking : )  I too can't wait for the Flipping Out finale. From the previews I am guessing he and Jennie are parting ways?  I love roast chicken! I defrosted chicken legs today and will broil up a couple. Not sure what to have with it yet.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Having just cut all the meat off the bones and put the carcas in a pot with water to stew, I know why I never cook one.  HATE trying to slice the meat off.  Never can get the legs off intact, hate , hate hate the clean up.  All that said, it was a delicious chicken and there is so much meat left, meals and then some to freeze, plus the soup I'll make tomorrow.  Gave Cheerio some scraps, but she only ate a few, perhaps too peppery for her delicate stomach.  That's probably why she never goes further with the mice than to chase and flip them around! lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I, too, hate dealing with poultry, tt, from preparing (reaching in for the bag, yuck!) to carving and such.  But, we do love roast chicken and turkey so I manage, lol.

broke open a jar of canned tomato sauce tonight.  Took some doing...man, whomever canned it sure did a good job. ;)  Sauteing onions and garlic and baking a spaghetti squash.  Starving after two vigorous workouts today.  having a nice winter brew from Sam Adams as a reward.  Yum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I just bite the bullet and use my hands, tearing all the meat off the bones before stewing it....whether it's turkey or chicken...messy but effective.  Did you know you can cook the carcase in the crockpot?  Never burns, never have to add liquid....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

tt, did you watch the Flipping Out finale last night? Don't want to say anything unless you did. I have my phone interview at 9:00. They are so hard, because you can't see the person or gauge any reactions. Hope it goes well. Then off to Stop & Shop after.