November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2012

Will be thinking and praying at 9, ambergirl!

leaving today at noon to pick of BIL at Logan.  Hopefully, he'll be super eager to sleep in his own bed, but I doubt it and will be ready.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good luck on the phone interview Amber. Good luck at the airport Kar. Why do you have to pick him up, given your history?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Yes, Amber, I did see Jeff.  Quite a switcharoo they gave us.  Sorry he had to put his cat down, but relieved that He and Jen haven't parted ways.

Good luck with your phone interview.  I know it must be hard, I would think they would want to interview face to face too.  You can tell a lot by someone's body language.

Have to get around for dental appt.  Want to be dressed before son comes too, he's going to put out the leaf bags to the curb for me this morning.

SS, hope you got a good night's sleep and that you're feeling better today.  Yucky stuff they give you drink, and every hospital uses a different formula, also depending on your health status.  Sorry you had to go through that with no end result (excuse the pun!).

Pingo, hope the mister had good news from his test.

Princess - where are you?

Have a good day everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, it's a complicated story too sordid to tell, but the bottom line is that he's learned that I don't take any guff and he has stopped trying to goad me into playing his games (as much as it's truly within his power given his life skill set). He caught himself last week and said, "oh, I'm talking to YOU, I have to be respectful," and changed direction before I had to deal with it.  So, I'd rather he be respectful to everyone, but I'll take being respectful to me if that's all we can get.

tt, another dental appt?  I hope everything is still ok with that little white place...sorry, can't recall what you said it was, but I thought it was nothing...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, they sure did fool us! I have to admit I had tears running down my face for Monkey and Jeff. So sad, but glad he and Jenny will still work together. She is a riot too. Good luck on the dental appointment. Thank you everyone for the well wishes on the phone interview. All I can do is my best. Will check in later and let you all know how it goes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just a cleaning appt. today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, that's good.  I love getting my teeth cleaned.  Twice a year isn't enough for me, either, but insurance thinks so, unfortunately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good luck with your interview Ambergirl.....why can't they do things like they did yrs. ago when I was job hunting, you go in, fill out a form, talk to someone and wham you know right then if they are going to hire you or not.  ss 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am so excited! Phone interview went really well. And the woman who called me worked at one of the companies I worked for years ago! We think we remember each other. She told me out of 60 resumes, she put mine at the top! Only phone interview I ever had that went that well. She told me she is sending me an email to set up my meeting her, the head manager and also a woman I would work beside who she thinks I would get along with famously as we have a lot in common. They want to hire right away as the woman I am replacing is retiring. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I just have a good feeling about this one. Long wait until Monday! Fingers ccrossed!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

YAHOO!!!!  Sounds not only extremely promising that you'll get the job, but that you'll LOVE it, too!   Gosh, it's hard not to get too excited given that great report, ambergirl!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber it sounds very promising. Hope you get a meeting right away. Would it be a long train commute for you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am afraid to hope that much, but it is the most promising so far. Winter, it is located at North Station and I am on the Orange Line. They are moving to a beautiful building on State Street in June, so my commute is all orange line : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    That is great news, Amber. Unfortunately Monday seems far away, when you are waiting to hear. But you had good feelings, and that should count for something. Keep us posted.
    ss, what a bummer, that they cancelled your test, after having to go through everything the day/night before. DH is feeling fine. He went to work after the test, with me driving him around. They did find a couple of small polyps, that was send in for a biopsy. But that is a normal thing for most. So hopefully everything comes back clean.
    Got TX son's itinerary for Christmas. They will be here from the 22nd until Jan 2nd. UK son will be here the weekend after this, go to Pittsburgh and come back on the 21st. He will be here until after New Year's too. Yea! Start getting excited about Christmas. Hope to get our tree up this weekend and do the outside decorations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber that would be a nice commute, not to bad at all. Pingo, nice that both boys are statying through to New Year's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My interview is for Monday at 1:00 : ) I am meeting the "team"  This is a great company so I am so hoping...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It sounds like a dream job, including the commute. I so hope for you, you will get it.

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am afraid to hope that much, but it is the most promising so far. Winter, it is located at North Station and I am on the Orange Line. They are moving to a beautiful building on State Street in June, so my commute is all orange line : )

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Pingo! As a business owner, does it sound promising to you the things she said to me? Plus the phone interview was close to an hour. She said out of 60 resumes she put mine at the top? Just nervous as this is one job I really would love.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's great that your interview is Monday!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Winter : )  She did say she wanted to interview me Monday on my phone interview but didn't have a time. I thought that was awesome instead of the usual "we will get back to the people we want to interview" line that I have been hearing. I just have such a good feeling about this. I hope I am not wrong. And I love she wants me to meet the manager and co-worker too! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Great news about your phone interview, Amber.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you that Monday's interview ends with a job offer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ah.. if it was that easy today tt... if I get a second interview that would be awesome. If I get offered the job after one interview within a week that be unusual today too! But I am hoping that will happen since I am meeting everyone on my first interview : )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, I almost hate to say this, not to get your hope up too high and then get disappointed. But the fact, they want you to meet in person with the person, you will be working together with sounds very promising to me. Besides, I would never spend an hour on a telephone interview, if I did not have in mind already to possibly hire that person.

Go for it girl!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Passing by on my way to the cellar - watched Y&R and then House Hunters was about a South Boston couple, so wanted to watch that too - when I got to the kitchen - lo and behold, what did I see out my kitchen window?  A huge hawk.  His body, not counting his tail, sitting on the fence under the feeder, was easily a foot tall.  What a handsome fella he was - turning his head first left then right, scanning the ground for any movement.  Woke Cheerio up and lugged her out, but my movement made him spread those gorgeous wings and take off to a tree up back.  Not before Cheerio got a glimpse tho.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Not getting my hopes up too high at all Pingo. (I'm a liar)  I was just trying to get validation from someone in your position that I had a good reason to hope : ) I obviously need a job and will take anything at this point, but to get one I know I am a great fit in, would be amazing. I am super nervous as the job market is so tough and the competition tougher. Thank you all for your support... it means more than you know... hoping to put this terrible year for me to an end and start 2013 out with a bang!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What a lucky girl Cheerio is to see a hawk tt! I would love to see one and the boys would probably have a stroke!