November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: November 2012

Oh Winter.... so sorry you are sick... a cold is just the worse and I don't think enough sympathy is given to it... want a chuckle? : )

If you want sympathy, look in the dictionary. It is between Syphilis and shiat : )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I needed a laugh Amber. THANKS. I'll be heading home in about 8 minutes...not that I'm counting or anything. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ha! Ha! Remember those days and yet I can't wait for them again! Go figure : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Forgot to mention - friend never even noticed the new front stairs!! She pulled up the side of the house behind my car and came sauntering in the back door.  I said, "What are you doing coming in the back door?"  She said, "You told me to always come in the back door because your front stairs don't have any railing".  I asked her if she had even looked, and she said no, she had seen the bags of leaves out front and was just concentrating on driving up the driveway!  Anyway, after much razzing from me, she did take a look, even tried them when we got back, and agreed they look terrific.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Nothing more satisfying than having work done on your house and seeing the results. tt, were you able to see the picture I posted from the internet for Cheerio? Wish BDC would fix the posting pictures issue... would make living with my boys who miss her much easier...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to ambergirl's comment:

Nothing more satisfying than having work done on your house and seeing the results. tt, were you able to see the picture I posted from the internet for Cheerio? Wish BDC would fix the posting pictures issue... would make living with my boys who miss her much easier...

I did see it, and while I chuckled, she shook her head and tsk tsk'ed.  Says she wants the real thing.  Harry is even starting to look good to her!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That is so funny, tt!  It's funny what our brains see even when our eyes behold something totally different.  In her mind there was no railing so her eyes were literally blind to it!  I find those things so facinating...really, I know it's weird, but I do. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's weird, because the previous stairs were cement - 3 and no railing.  The new stairs are 3, PVC white, with grey treads and railings.  So completely different.  It's the first thing  you see when you look at the house now.  Here I was expecting to surprise her.  Oh well.

Also, I never did wrap her present last night, so what did she do?  Brought my gift over today. I showed her all the bags on the stairs going upstairs and told her hers was in one of those bags, that I could give it to her now in that bag if she wanted - she opted to wait and we'll get together again before Christmas.  Smart girl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh Lordy!! Must hide this post from the boys! If they thought for even a minute Cheerio would cheat on them, it would be impossible to live with them! Darn and I thought that picture was so adorable and would fool her : ) Silly me!

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

In response to ambergirl's comment:

I did see it, and while I chuckled, she shook her head and tsk tsk'ed.  Says she wants the real thing.  Harry is even starting to look good to her!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio is one smart cookie, and she is warming up to Harry.  It's him that does the hiss when they meet at the open door now.  She acts very demure and steps back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

The vision of that makes me smile tt : ) He probably likes her but has to act like a donkey to get her attention. Kind of like men in general.. lol!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Shutting off the computer for the night.  Hoping there's something good to watch on TV.  Speaking of On Demand (at Least I'm still thinking of it), my arrows don't seem to work when I hit On Demand and try to go up or down or sideways.  Must be doing something wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Amazing how full I still am. The pizza was amazing but not something I could eat every day. I am finding my doctors advice of 5 small meals a day actually works. I usually have 4 and I am never really hungry doing that. Not using salt has been a challenge to be honest but I love spices so learnng to use them in place of the salt. But obviously my body was craving salt. Happy to oblige today : )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You may need a new remote tt. I have replaced mine twice. Have a good night and thank you and Cheerio for making me smile today: )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sometimes some of my buttons on the remote stop working while others are ok when I need to change the batteries.

ambergirl, I enjoy salt, too, and am finding it hard to cut back.  I don't have a blood pressure or cardiac issue, but I do retain water if I eat too much salt, and my weigh ins are so discouraging that way!  Mrs. Dash has a lot of tasty blends, a lot more than the "Original" blend.  My favorite is the chipotle one.  It's funny how little fills us up after we cut back on big meals for awhile, isn't it. I can't believe how little I'm eating, now, and am satisfied.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is a great thought about the batteries Kar! If that doesn't work, a new remote will. The salt issue was so hard in the beginning. Everyone recommended Mrs. Dash and don't you know with my luck I don't like it : (  But happily lost 22 pounds and working at keeping it off. My doctor wants me to lose 7 more, but I am not stressing over it at all. It is just a number to me and if I feel good right now, then that works for me. So if i never lose it, oh well.. my attitude towards everything is so different since the surgery to be honest. Learning to not sweat the small stuff : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

22 lbs?!  That's awesome!  Check out the LoseIt thread if you want to - those 7 lbs could peel right off.  I've lost 8 since Nov 11 using it.  You've tried all the Mrs. Dash's?  I don't like the original version at ALL, but some of the other blends are really yummy IMO.  Congrats!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Oh, I hope I feel better in an hour or so.  Sore throat has caught up with me, and I'm so glad I didn't have this yesterday.  Trying to decide which direction I will head out in, spoke with DIL last night and got some ideas for the teens, waiting for youngest son to give a call back today for his 12 year old son.

Heard there will be a light covering of snow tomorrow, and then temps in the 50's on Sunday.  Winter can hold off as long as it likes.  I want to be done with running around that has to be done before we hit the really snowy/icy weather.

Pingo, hope you had a comfortable night and slept through for the most part.  My pot of Chinese tea had me lying there awake for all but about 4 hours.  Careful watch today to see there's no caffeine on the menu.

Cheerio's been fed, but must have gotten up with the hungry horrors, keeps teasing for more.  I know her tho, and if she has more than just a  half can of ff first thing in the morning, she upchucks.  Before I go out I'll give her a little kibble.  Always do before I go out anyway, she has such a fear of being left without food.

I'll check in later.  Princess?  Are you OK?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, tt - so hope you just have a dry throat, not the beginning of a nasty cold.  Pop the coldeeze!!  I also drink "tea" infused with hot peppers left over from my pickling recipes.  It seems to zap it.  Burns the lips, and I'm not sure if it works, but I feeeeel it does, lol.

anyone taking generic Lipitor, it was just recalled for having glass in it!

woke up to a sustained weight loss after logging a sudden pound gone yesterday...thought it might have been a dream to have hit that number, but there it was, again!  woo hoo, 2 more lbs to go of that "last 10."

princess is really worrying us...hope she can check in or have someone let us know what's happening very soon.

planning to take Gracie shopping today.  There are a number of places that allow dogs around here, and we haven't done that in awhile.  She makes people happy. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good  morning ladies,

Looks nice outside but temps are suppose to drop today. A friend is taking me to Stop & Shop this afternoon so I will appreciate the ride. tt, I hope you aren't getting a cold although it sounds like you are. I hope you feel better..  Kar, didn't know that about Mrs. Dash, will check it out today when I am at the supermarket. I hope everybody has a great day! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just seen your post Kar. I take a generic Lipitor, It is called Atorvastatin. Hope that is not it. Seems like everything is getting recalled lately. That's wonderful about your weight loss! Good for you! I hope Princess is ok too...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, it's definitely a sore throat.  It's from the germ incubator I was in the first of the week.  They're always sick there.  Felt the scratchiness off and on yesterday and started on the Coldeze as soon as I got home.  Waiting for breakfast, and then will start the dose again.

Lazy today, always am after a day of kalooping.  But, I'll get around and decide on which spot to concentrate on and head out for a couple of hours.  Fresh air will do me good.  When I get home may see what's already bought that can be wrapped.  No one basket complete yet, save pumpkin's Mom's, and I have to leave that open to slip in the set of pillow cases when I finish them.

OK, off to shower and dress and decide on breakfast.  Nice you have a friend to take you shopping for a switcheroo from Peapod, Amber.  I like to walk through the grocery stores.  Of course you end up picking up more, but that in turn, gives you ingredients for a different meal.

I'll check in later when I come home with more holiday shopping - I hope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Sorry about the cold tt. I don't have a sore throat, but I'm stuffing and sneezing. Amber great job on the weight loss. I need to get on that, just with working and taking care of the house, I have no time to exercise. Princess, I hope you are ok. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning Winter. I hope you feel better!!  Thank you on the weight loss but I wouldn't recommend my heart surgery diet : )  lol!

Sections
Shortcuts