November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2012

I wouldn't recommend my calorie budget in LoseIt, either - I can eat whatever I want, but I don't have a meal without dirtying a bunch of measuring cups and spoons, lol, and it's so hard to be home all day and not graze.  That's what got me here, though, needing to lose 10 lbs.  I get a budget of 970 a day if I don't exercise.  Walking an hour bumps me up by 140 calories, and stepping burns 400 an hour.  I essentially can't eat unless I exercise!  If I do both in one day I can eat 1500 which is far more comfortable.  Vacuuming helps, too.  Good thing we have Gracie to make a constant mess and need to be walked every day!

I assume there's only one generic for Lipitor...what a pain to have to deal with a recall.  Sorry, ambergirl, that it affects you.  How does glass end up in a drug????

tt, i hope the coldeeze does its thing and you aren't down for the usual count.

Speaking of colds, how are you making out, Winter?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I would not assume there is only one generic for Lipitor. 

You see, once the patent on the original drug expires any drug maker is free to make a generic version, and for something as popular as that particular statin, most of them will because the market is large.  Only research will reveal whether one's particular generic version is manufactured by the company in question at the plant in question.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Your discipline is awe inspiring Kar.. I was never good at measuring and counting calories. I took carbs out of my diet. I can have them occasionally, hence the pizza, but no carbs seems to work for me. I walk every day too. When I get back to work I plan on walking to and from the train station. I timed  it and it is 25 minutes each way, so I will get a 50 minute walk for the day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

On my prescription bottles of meds I take, the mfg name is listed.  you can google lipitor recall and it will give you info re what mfg. made this batch.  Then call your pharmacy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

For everyone's info.:

Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Inc., a major maker of generic Lipitor, has issued a massive recall of the cholesterol-cutting tablets, which may be contaminated with tiny glass shards.

The recall covers 41 lots of atorvastatin, the generic version of Lipitor. Each lot contains thousands of pills.

The recall includes 10 mg, 20 mg, and 40 mg dosages. It does not include 80 mg atorvastatin tablets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good idea tt! i just did that and my prescription is on there. It is for 10mg, 20mg and 40mg. I take 40mg. But they stopped making it and there has been no reports of injury. I think I am ok. I have to get a refil in a week, so will ask my pharmacy about it. Always something huh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning all, nice clear, but chilly, day today.....Did a little decorating in the back and front yards.  Put up 1/2 the shakers I usually put up, would like to put up more, but I know once they are up I won't feel like taking them down.....went to a baby shower a couple of weeks ago, have a Christening tomorrow....this is the year for babies (all boys) in my family.   Went to Foxwoods yesterday (won $150.00 playing bingo, won't be going again till the end of Jan.), one of the girls brought me a bunch of crocheted patterns, one of an afghan that is made to look like strips.....looks easy, maybe if I start it now I'll have it done before the next baby arrives in the family.    DH took me for a drive the other day, we ended up at my favorite consignment shop in Duxbury, what did I get?  What else, Books!! 

Amber, will be rooting for you when you have your next meeting......in the 50's I took the orange line to work every day....haven't been on the T since they put everything underfround. Been back to the old neighborhood and it looks real good without the ugly stucture of the train running thu it, bet the folks who live there are real glad not to have to listen to the noise as the train rolled overhead.

Anthing good on the menu for tonite??"  I'm making Macaroni & Cheese, love it, haven't had it for awhile, know its not gonna taste like Moms......will have to find DH something else, when younger and my friend invited us to dinner and made Mac & Cheese (my favoirite) he would load his up with ketchup....ugh...

tt, take care of your scratchy throat, one thing you don't want now is a cold.  Take care all and keep smiling....ss

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My discipline is the result of being so totally fed up with being 10 lbs over my favorite clothes that I can't stand it another second and will do whatever I need to do!  I never really cared for counting calories, either, but LoseIt does make it fun and easy, believe it or not!  But, whatever works works.  We're not all motivated and encouraged by the same methods.

ss, wish we could see photos of your shakers!  I think of you every time I see a set I like, and I've never stopped seeking Valentine's ones since you said you are not able to find any.  Congrats on the $150!  Is anyone on deck for the baby blanket?  I'm sure you'll whip it up in no time.

speaking of crocheting, I'm going to get a big part of the curtains done today so signing off for awhile.  Have a great day, everyone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Not a good time to get a sore throath, tt. Hope you can get rid of it soon. Get yourself a whole chicken and make som home made chicken soup. You need the chicken bones and the cartilage, all good stuff in there. The same goes for you Winter.
    Today is cleaning-out-the-refrigerator day. This morning, when looking for fresh ginger, I noticed I have all kind of mysterious stuff stored in there, plus I am running out of small containers. Plus i want to get UK son's room ready. He will be here next Friday.
    Then a few errands before the snow comes tmw. Sunday should be nice. Need to go to Ikea to get some stocking stuffers. Speciality candy, I can't get anywhere else. Plus I want to stock up on candles for the holidays. They have the best candles (long burning and absolutely dripless). Worth the 45 minutes drive. Plus we will have a nice lunch there. Also hoping to get the outdoor Christmas decorations up this weekend.
    Nice winning, ss. Just in time for the holidays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm ok Kar, a little bit better, if I had some time to lay down and baby myself I'd be better, but I can't do that. Need to get teh decorations up this weekend and I have Christmas shopping with my gfs scheduled all day Sunday after my son's basketball game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll lay down for both of us, Winter.  Ran out to Marshall's and Job Lots, but feeling punky.  Will thaw out the broth I made from roast chicken carcass and make soup for supper.  It's cold out, but brisk and would be a nice day to shop if I felt halfway decent.  I'm looking at Monday as my next outing.  Hope you're feeling better for Sunday's shopping with gal pals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. I hope so too. Just told DH that Liptpor is being recalled. It's the one he uses as well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re Lipitor recall. It would not surprise me, if the maker of Lipitor, the patended one, have paid off the Indians to do the recall. They could have paid for the entire lot of the recall.
    No offence to the Indians, but it is welknown that in India bribing and pay off is a common way of life. Lipitor is very expensive, and they must have had a great loss to the generic one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think there are two other generics available. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out soon, so have a good night and weekend everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

My refrigerator is now spick and span. All cleaned out and tossed. Good feeling. Now I know, what is there.
    Came back from running my errands. One of wich was TJ's. I couldn't believe my eyes, when I entered. They now sell wine and beer. Imagine that? No more travelling to Cambridge or Framingham to get a good but inexpensive wine. But unfortunately, they had to make room for it, so everything was moved around, and there was less stock of everything. Not that it matters, as long as they keep filling it.
    While browsing their wine and beer display, I found a large bottle of Duvel, our UK son's most favorite Belgian beer. Naturally I had to get it for him.
    What's cooking in everones kitchen tonight? We are having broiled scallops and coleslaw.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

we had leftover ginger garlic steak tips and speghetti and sausage with tomatoe and beet sauce

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wow, Icer. That is quite a combination.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Set an extra plate Pingo, I can almost taste the scallops...one of my favorites. ss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Come tmw., ss. - if you dare to venture out on the icy roads. I have leftovers. Unfortunately tt is not feeling well, or you could have brought her too. We live in the vicinity of each other, but have never met in the 7 - 8 years, we havebeen chatting.
    I concocted a  less calorieladen recipe. It turned out really well. 2 Tbs of butter, no one missed the other three. Was really good with the coleslaw and tt's hot pepper relish. Yum!

Sections
Shortcuts