November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2012

As soon as I read about the Gucci's, I ran right out to Costco and got 2!  NOT!!!

Ran out for a couple of hours as I always do in the morning.  Found 5 (I need 6) wicker baskets in an oval shape at Job Lots, that elusive sixth one - salesperson says they are always getting more merchandise in every day, so will try again the end of the week.  They had larger, and different shapes, but I liked the oval.  Now later when it quiets down here I'm going to try putting together the stuff I have for pumpkin's mom and see if these are big enough.  So hard to judge when you're standing there looking at 3 different sizes.

Picked up a few more things in Marshall's too.  Nothing spectacular.

Now to fix a lunch of sorts and watch Y&R.  Front of roof is all stripped.  The noise will be this afternoon, I guess.  Had called my intown son and asked him to stop by this morning, but then I got antsy and took off.  No note on table or phone message, so guess he never got mine.

Glad tidings on your son's approaching arrival, Pingo.  It's so nice when you're still in tune and on the same wave length.  I seemed to aggravate G.T. yesterday, but then it could have nothing to do with me - they had to buy a new car, and a day later their 2 year old TV went - I'm hoping that's what he was so short tempered about.  I did send them home with the crisp, a batch of brownies and some applesauce muffins, so hope they sweetened his dispostion (!).  Haven't checked for any email from his this morning.

OK, off I go.  I'm a little off kilter myself this morning, heard the word disaster uttered from the top of the roof as I got into my car - don't want to even ask what that meant, it all  looked OK to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello everyone. Sorry was swamped this morning. Seems like everyone had a nice weekend. Made six dozen cookies and 5 dozen went to the Shower Saturday. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, no worries. I am sure the roofers said, "Even if it rains, it is no disaster." LOL

I like you humor, tt. I somehow knew, you would go straight to Costco and "get" a couple of Gucci bags. I got mine as a gift years ago, and to be truthful, I was a bit apprehensive carrying it around. Somehow it didn't feel right at MB - if you know, what I mean. But is is actually a very nice bag, and I know my DH meant well. It has pockets and room for everything and is still looking great. I can tell you, at the time he didn't spend $800 for it. He knew, I would strangle him, if he did. Several years later, he gave me a Coach bag. I just love it - and that is what I am using right now. One thing I do have to say. Those bags are so well made. My Coach is fading a bit from the sun, but otherwise in a perfect condition. I just wish I somehow could dye it to get the color back. Stupid me asked the store, where he bought it. But of course thy don't do it; they just want to sell you a new bag.

Must be the time for TV black outs. 2 year is too shortlived for a TV. No wonder GT was upset. Ours went on the blink last week. Some dark shade rolling over the screen. It is of course past the warranty, but less than 3 years old, so Sony will exchange it with a compatible one (don't make our model any longer) for about 1/3 of the price, we paid for it. Not a bad option. But DH is waiting for our "genius" son to take a look at it. It has something to do w/ a magnetical field, and he may just know, how to fix it. If GT has a Sony, he would probably get the same option. We bought it at Costco, so DH called them first and they gave us the Sony number to call.

What's for dinner tonight?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

For supper tonight, I am eating sawdust and plywood - DISASTER was my roof, alright.  Sounded like he was ripping apart my house, went out, and he showed me the plywood is all rotted and pulling apart in layers.  Insulation underneath is dry as sawdust.  Must have been put in wrong.  Right now they are working to get the plywood nailed on, and covered with a tarp before dark.  Will start tomorrow at 7:00 am.  as soon as it's light.  They were hoping to get the whole thing done before rains Wednesday, now that's not going to happen.  At least they can get this section they have torn apart done - hopefully.  Kaching  Kaching  Kaching

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

You can take Coach bags to the shoe repair guy, I had a black one a while back that had scuff marks and scratches, worn out faded corners, he buffed it up with some machine and it looked brand new, stayed that way a long time too.  He charged me $25 (probably more now)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that stinks about your roof. I hope they can repair it without costing a small fortune.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know what, at least it was caught now and before I had major problems in the middle of winter, Winter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I can't believe Gucci would actually sell their bags in Costco.  I don't understand why anyone would have an issue carrying around a bag that costs a lot of money.  If you can afford one and like why not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you Robin. I thought of that. But mine is cloth and leather. The faded part is the cloth. Needs to be dyed, I think. All the leather is in a perfect condition.

In response to Robin39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can take Coach bags to the shoe repair guy, I had a black one a while back that had scuff marks and scratches, worn out faded corners, he buffed it up with some machine and it looked brand new, stayed that way a long time too.  He charged me $25 (probably more now)

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

1) Costco do right now.
    2) I am a modest person, I guess. I hate to show off anything. If I shop at Copley Square or at Newbury Street, I wouldn't care, but at Market Basket, Marshall's and TJMaxx?

In response to allreadymarried's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe Gucci would actually sell their bags in Costco.  I don't understand why anyone would have an issue carrying around a bag that costs a lot of money.  If you can afford one and like why not.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's true tt. Good thing it was caught before there was a really bad problem. I'm heading out for the night everyone, have a good night. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello everyone,

Just got back a while ago. We decided to spend Sunday too since she took today off. It is so nice up there and I really do relax. I wish I had a second home that I could just take off when I wanted. It is fully furnished, so she and her family pretty much just drive up. Nice!  But they worked hard their entire lives and raised 6 kids, so she deserves it! tt, so sorry about your roof but like you said, best you find out now and not in the middle of winter. Hoping the storm we are getting Wednesday, Thursday is not that bad.  I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome back, Amber. Glad you have a good time in Moultenburo. Must have been peaceful and quiet, now that the turist season is long over. We have friends in the area, and I love to visit at this time of the year or pre-season, when no one is up there but the locals.
    I suppose no employment news, or you would have told us. We are all still sitting on the edge of our chairs in suspense. Glad you had this little break to get your thoughts off it.
    Tomorrow is another day; hopefully it will bring some good news for you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone and Happy Voting Day.  I'll be voting tonight, when I get home from work. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing time Amber. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, everyone,

Ambergirl, glad you were able to stay an extra day - you deserved a nice, relaxing time away.  Like Pingo said, we are all waiting for the phone to ring...

Winter, how do you make so many cookies at once?!  You're a cookie machine!

tt, that's too bad about your roof.  Hoping for a quick and low cost fix asap.

I had a lovely day yestereday returning the lamp and visiting with my friend.  Got home to it being 61 inside!  Started the fire and by the time DH got home it was 67.

Online right now looking at crochet curtain patterns for the kitchen.  I bought the thread at what I thought was going to be Michael's but turned out to be the Fabric Place in Framingham...when did that happen?!

Gorgeous day for voting; I'll be heading out for that purpose very soon so I can get breakfast out afterwards.  Gracie just went out of her own accord so I guess she's happy enough for awhile in the cold.  She's such a spoiled baby...

Gotta tend the fire and get it all set before I leave.  Have a great day, everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Kar...you are I are in the firekeepers sisterhood...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, my recipes get about 3 dozen each. So I make one batch and when those are on the sheets and in the oven, I work on the second flavor. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and Happy Voting Day!
    Will vote on my way to the office. DH went already and said the voting place is mobbed. Good sign, I guess.
    Sorry about your roof, tt. But one never know, what is inside, before it is opened up. Weather, rain, water can do a lot of damage. Fortunately it is an easy fix. A few pieces of plywood, should not empty your bank account. Just make sure you don't have carpenter ants. They love wet wood. If they find them, make sure they look for the nest and destroyed it.
    Your are crocheting kitchen courtains, Kar? To switch from Michael's to the Fabric Place is not a bad thing. We used to have one around here and I loved that store. I liked it a lot better than Jo-Ann's. Michael's don't carry fabrics.
    Here is another one getting up this morning to 60 degrees in the house. For some unknown reason, our oil burner decided to switch off. DH fixed it so it is running again, but it seems to take forever to heat up this big house.
    On my way to do my patriotic deed. Chat later - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer do you heat 100% with wood, too?  We have only had to put the oil heat on once this year.  Loving it...got it from 64 to 68, and now hoping it holds steady until tonight.

Winter, I never get 3 dozen cookies because I eat too much of the dough before it gets to the sheet, lol.

Pingo, our oil heat takes forever to heat the house, too, and it seems when it shuts off it's cold, again, fairly soon.  60?  Yikes!

My plan to get up and out to vote and have breakfast got put off due to a fairly rare call from my cousin.  We've always been close and caught up in good shape, and now I'm dying for coffee (which I didn't make since I was going out) and eager to cast my ballot.  Mobbed, huh?  Sunny skies will do that.  I'm all for high voter turn out as long as everyone voting is well informed, not just steeped in ads.

Since I don't sew, I'm not a fan of the Fabric Place replacing Micheal's.  Yarn and crochet cotton thread is all I buy there.  But, for you seamstresses, it's great!

OK, new plan.  I'm making coffee, getting ready, voting, and having an early lunch out.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good afternoon,

I made the worst batch of scones ever this morning - can't figure what I did wrong, except knead them too much - getting my frustration out - they're like hockey pucks.  Knew my son was stopping over at some point, and my plan was to offer him one with coffee and send a couple home.  Instead, I hid them.  Having one now with a cuppa.

Voted mid-morning and altho most of the booths were full, there was no waiting.  By then most of those going to work had been in and gone.  Plan to watch the returns come in as late as I can stay awake tonight.  

Glad you had such a good time, Amber, and like Pingo, hope you get a "we'd like to offer you the position" call soon.

Work continues on the roof, but they are in a good place to stop now until after the rain and winds. 

Bought a nice piece of Haddock today.  Looking forward to that with skinny fr.fries for supper.  Meant to double back and get some spinach and forgot.

Nice idea to crochet your own kitchen curtains, Kargiver.  Country Curtains, I think it is, has crocheted ones.

That's all the news from this point.  Don't let the sun deceive you, it's cold out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haddock and spinach sounds good to me. Will probably do it for DS, when he gets here tmw. Hope the Nor' Easter stays away until after he gets here late afternoon. He has lost a lot of weight by juicing and eats light these days. I will stuff the haddock with shrimps to make it a bit festivious.
    tt, sorry about your scones, but don't throw those scones away. You can make sweet bread crumbs out of them to use for crust for some dessert. Would be lovely for the Lemonade/ Raspberry pie, I made a while ago.
    Voted this morning before work. It was very busy; had to wait a couple of minutes for a booth. Funny, I can never remember, which precinct, we belong to. But I recognize the ladies, that usually sit at our precinct. And as there was a bit of wait, there was time for some chatting. One of them had a son in my oldest son's class.
    Want to stop by MB on the way home. They have lovely sweet grapefruits for just 50 cents each. I also need some beets and kale for our morning juice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you could call your scones "round biscotti" and be all set. :)

Yes, it's COLD!  Brrrrrrr.  My car said 39 just now.  I voted and had a lovely lunch and spirited political discussion at the diner.

It wasn't that busy at our polling center, either, but our booths were full, and they had run out of "I voted" stickers sometime before 1:30.  I heard that the Scott/Warren race is driving unprecedented voter turnout in MA, over 70% of registered voters are predicted to cast ballots.

I'd rather not stay up super late tonight; I don't think we'll know the outcome for days unless all the polls were way off and it's not as close a race as we've been led to believe.  Hmm, time to check the status...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Scones, biscuits, quickbreads - anything that doesn't turn out quite right or is stale (rolls, croissants, muffins, , I toast and butter.  I can eat most any thing toasted and buttered.  That's why I insist on a toaster oven instead of a toaster.

I had to wait in a line to vote, and wait for a booth too, and there are about 10 in my precinct. It was never so busy before.  Suspense is killing me....

Went to the Xmas tree shop today and spent a fortune, more than ever before...but got some great stuff.  And I didn't even go to the food section.

TT, so sorry about the roof.  Hope they are making good progress today.

Amber I am so glad you had a good time in NH and I hope there's good news soon.

My husband wanted to buy me a Coach bag once, but I said, please, no, I'd rather have a color printer.  At the time, the prices were similar.  Now the printers are slightly cheaper and a lot more functional, and the bags are 8 times as much, and less well made but certainly more high fashion rather than the classic look I love.  So I am glad with the bargain I made....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out to the polls with DH when we both get home from work. I'm sure we'll be watching the results, though I have a feeling we know until the morning at the earliest. I'm heading out at 4:30, so if I don't make it back on, have a good night everyone. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good night, Winter - happy voting!  DH will be voting after work, too.  Nice the polls are open until 8:00 so no one has to hurry.

Hats, you must have gotten a lot of great deals at CTS. :)  Can't believe it's Christmas shopping season already, but it's easier to believe after having been outside.