November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: November 2012

Good morning everyone. Chilly morning. Hats, It explained how to think outside the box and also to ask the 5 why's so you can fully solve the problem. The 5 whys is really just answering a question with why 5 times until you can solve the problem. We use a company in New Hampshire and the trainer is very good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Just got internet service back, after spending half an hour on phone with Comcast.  Lost power last night for an hour, and when it came back on, had phone (thank Heavens since it's the only one I have) and TV, but couldn't connect to internet.  This morning tech there reset the code - whatever that is.

Snow, covering scaffolding, which yes, Hats, is still standing.  We didn't get much wind here, nothing to write home about.  Workers plan to come tomorrow and to finish up on Saturday.  Must be ready to start another job on Monday.  I have a bucket list here of small things still to be taken care of.

Didn't dare to  traipse down my sloped driveway with the rubbish this morning, and all the leaf bags that G.T. filled are still under a tarp.  Intown son has enough to do with clearing his driveway and area without me asking for help here.  Everything will hold until next leaf pickup, and trash is trash only, no food items, so it will keep another week too.

Hope you son made it home last night, Pingo, safe and sound.  G.T. said it took him 2 hours to get home last night, haven't asked him about his drive in this morning.  At least he's driving a new car that  has heated seats!  Bet he appreciated that feature last night.

OK, off now that I know I can get on if I want.  Pingo may be experiencing some power problems too, or more likely just enjoying visiting with her son.  I'll check back later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

I got snow here and very slippery when I put my trash out. Still waiting for a call about the job. Hopefully they will let me know either way.. I have applied to so many that never respond. Feeling under the weather today, like I am getting a cold. I have my tea and blanket, so not going anywhere but the job boards. I hope everyone has a good day!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter and Amber, lunch info - took out last container of frozen chicken soup, and one of those HARD scones to heat up with.  FYI -

Meatloaf from last night will be supper.  Love that recipe, and I don't know where I got it.  Has a wonderful glaze - brown sugar, mustard, ketchup - that you put on top before baking, and it gives it such a great flavor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

TT, your meals sound great, I have an eye doctor appointment this evening and DH will be out, so I'll probably be taking DS somewhere for dinner. 

Amber, hope you are feeling better. I woke up with a scratchy throat this morning and I now have a headache :( 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just took a fiorinal.  Migraine on one side starting - result of pressure from roofing unexpected problems, and dealing with computer outage and dealing with that call.  Getting very sensitive in my old age - no, correct that, I guess I've always been.  Anyway, the "pill" will soon have me feeling all's bright and rosy with the world!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

error/mistake  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hats, It explained how to think outside the box and also to ask the 5 why's so you can fully solve the problem. The 5 whys is really just answering a question with why 5 times until you can solve the problem. We use a company in New Hampshire and the trainer is very good.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Winter, we pretty much roll our own (we are a non-profit) but that's helpful because now I know what to look for . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    It is actually not a very good morning here. Got to bed at 4am this morning, and I feel tired, sleepy and heavy headed. Poor DS got stuck in JFK for 12 hours; we picked him up at 2am this morning.
    The waiting was killing. The problem is, that the airlines only give you 1/2 hours delay at the time. If he had known it would be this long, he would have rented a car and driven up here. A couple of times the flight status said "boarding" - only to be followed by a "delayed". Anyway he is here now, so all is well. He had eaten earlier at the terminal, which he did tell us - so my haddock dinner went in the refrigerator for tonight. DH and I had a sandwich and a salad. I made a batch of buffalo wings for him, so if he wanted something whenever he would be here, there would be something to chew on. He gobbled them all down.
    Poor DH had a meeting this morning at 8 - so he had to get up and is long gone. I slept in a bit, but not enough. Had to be ready at 10 for a TV technician to come. Bad planning.
    We didn't loose power here last night. Had maybe 3 inches of snow on my deck this morning and the driving was treacherous last night. Very slippery.
    Glad your staging is still standing, tt. Your meatload sounds delicious. I make a similar glaze. Maybe we use the same recipe. I believe I got mine here on the Chat. We would have left our trash for next week too in this weather condition. Our guys come at 7 in the morning and sometimes earlier, so we have to put it out the night before and with the storm, no one knows, where it will end up during the night.
    Amber, hope you will hear soon from your last interview, and that you will be feeling better soon.
    Kar and Hats, I don't think my new birds are either of your guesses. The belly is all black, bright yellow on the back and white tail and wing markings. Looks more like a Bobolink (which I have never heard of), except the yellow is a lot brighter and the beak is very yellow too. ??????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You've got us all scurrying to our books with that description, Pingo!  Usually a bird with yellow I would say is a species of finch, there are so many, but your description isn't one I see in my Peterson Field Guide.  Maybe it's a visitor passing through.  Enjoy.

Have seen several oil trucks making deliveries this morning.  Windshield wipers are on too, so must be a drizzle out.  At least my driveway is clear of snow now, but too late for trash pickup.

What a time your son had, Pingo. So glad he's safely at home now.  Good day to hunker in and enjoy his Mom's home cooking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Wish I could post a picture which I have on my computer of the Eastern Grosbeak.  Altho my title says Eastern Grosbeck.  I did a workshop on bird watching  an that is why I have the photo on the computer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I take Fiorinal and also have a perscription for Zomig. I take the Fiorinal first and if it still doesn't go away the Zomig. That's per my doctor's insturctions. Sadly, I can't take either if I'm at work. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Winter,

Luckily for me, the Fiorinal has always worked.  Usually just one, when I had bad migraines, two would do it.  Never have had any side effects (other than feeling all is right with the world - haha).   How is your headache ?

Just got my first oil delivery.  My oil company has bought out some smaller ones, and so there are new delivery men - must say the old ones were more social.  We used to shoot the breeze while the tank was filling up.  Made a bit of small talk with this one today and got a half grin and a grunt.

Threw one wash in and just now, another.  Want to straighten out the toy room, they'll be working on the roof over that tomorrow, might as well have them look in on a neat space.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer...Thank you so much for the invite to watch the parade....I can almost hear the music, but I'm afraid I must decline...my daughters are taking me out to dinner for my birthday.   Think we will go to either Pier 8 (seafood) in East Bridgewater or Marias (Italian) in Braintree.          Winter & tt hope your Migraines are better, took Fiorinal years ago too Take care and Keep Smiling. ss 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Birthday plans sound good, Ginny.  Enjoy.

Heating oven, decided to do up some skinny fries to go with the meatloaf for supper.

My headache is gone, thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My headache is gone as well, thanks for asking tt and ss. I'll be headed out soon everyone, have  a wonderful night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I am making turkey soup with barley, carrots and corn.  House smells as if Thanksgiving is here.  And on Verizon Music Choice, Lena Horne is singing.  I ironed my new curtains from the Xmas tree shop and put them up.

This is the part of winter I like - being home in the early dark with music, good smells, and warmth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

i reread my last message - am I missing something????

On another note - HEY remember those chairs I put out last Thursday?  Someone just stopped and picked them up !!!!!!!  Yah, and no sticker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to shakersilly2010's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Icer...Thank you so much for the invite to watch the parade....I can almost hear the music, but I'm afraid I must decline...my daughters are taking me out to dinner for my birthday.   Think we will go to either Pier 8 (seafood) in East Bridgewater or Marias (Italian) in Braintree.          Winter & tt hope your Migraines are better, took Fiorinal years ago too Take care and Keep Smiling. ss 

[/QUOTE]

good to know

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning everyone,

Nice to see the warm sun shining and feel the temps going back up.

Enjoying breakfast of butter rum coffee and a huge brownie - too lazy and hungry this morning to bother with cereal or English muffin.  At some point I'll grab a banana and that will be my "healthy" meal!

Soon the hammers, compressors, and thuds will begin.  They plan on working today and tomorrow to finish up.  Was nice to have a couple of noise free days.  Love the look of the front roof they have finished, architectural shingles and I love the way they set on the roof.  My son is right, once the new stairs are done, it will look like a new house.

Any plans for today, Pingo?  I imagine this morning you are playing catch up with your sleep.

No signs of Harry this morning, or yesterday either, of course.  He'd better hurry up, the trucks and noise will begin soon now, and altho he's not shy around a new person, I'm sure he'll stay clear of the construction process.

Hope you all have a good day and that you, Winter and Amber, are both feeling better.

P.S.  Harry's gulping down his breakfast, and I have moved his dish a couple of times, further and further up into the yard - he's a little skiddish about the men moving ladders etc.  He looks none the worse for wear, so hopefully he found shelter during the storm.  I talk about him so much, knew you ladies would be interested in an update.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, ladies,

Haven't been online much as I've started work on a filet crochet pattern for our kitchen window, a bistro/cafe style set with two bottom panels and a one-piece valence.  The panels will have teapots in the middle with the spouts pointing toward each other and the valence will have teacups in a row.  I've got ~7 inches of open filet done on the first panel.  The teapot pattern is a vintage 1917 one I found after countless hours searching for the perfect pattern!

Glad to hear our migraine sufferers are past their problem yesterday.  I wonder if it was the storm pressure...that affects another one of my friends very badly.

Amber, hope you are feeling better, too, and can enjoy the sunny "warm" weekend.

DH is home today for a 3-day wedding anniversary weekend. :)  Not sure what's for dinner, but something using Brussels sprouts, our favorite.  I really liked them braised in that EF recipe...

Won't be online much...as you can imagine.  ;)  Have a great day and weekend, everyone!

~kar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver - Happy Anniversary!  I'm so wrapped up in what's going on here, not keeping up with other important dates - is it 4 years?  Hope you have a wonderful week-end.  They're predicting even warmer temps tomorrow, perfect for going out and doing whatever pleases you.  Best wishes to you both.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt!  You got it, 4 years!  Even dh didn't know that, lol, swearing it has been only 3.  At least he doesn't think it's been dragging. ;)  I had to check the calendar this morning myself before I wished dh a happy anniversary on the wrong day, lol.  

He's out with Gracie for an extra "Saturday" hike.  I'm working on the curtains and thinking about what's for our anniversary dinner.  Leek and Brussels sprout braise, maybe the whole chicken dish, again, from Everyday Food.  I might surprise him with a cake, but mini apple pies are more likely.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, how about you make us some whoopie pies or wowie cake, tt?  Or, winter, a batch of cookies would be lovely, thanks.  Oh, would icer frost us a cake?  I love buttercream frosting, please...mocha is my favorite.  I'll be watching out the window with bated breath...

Sections
Shortcuts