November 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2012

PRINCESS, check out the Thanksgiving deals (its own category at the top of the page right now) in  Groupon!  There's a whole Thanksgiving dinner deal for a great price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know, how about you make us some whoopie pies or wowie cake, tt?  Or, winter, a batch of cookies would be lovely, thanks.  Oh, would icer frost us a cake?  I love buttercream frosting, please...mocha is my favorite.  I'll be watching out the window with bated breath...

[/QUOTE]

I have 3 brownies left, will that do it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello, finally I can post. We had serious internet issues today. No headache today. Happy Anniversary to the kargivers.  Any Anniversary plans?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just threw an apple crisp (last of the apples - finally) in the oven for your anniversary celebration - I'll be thinking of you when I eat it! lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'll be over after work. Would you like red or white wine?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

White I think would go nicely.   A chardonnay perhaps?  or Pino Grigio?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I am thinking of commissioning a sign to put up on my roof so everyone will know what a valuable/expensive piece of property it is - now they find there was no flashing put up when addition was put on - many years ago.  I'm surprised my headache has not reappeared, but with me, it's always AFTER I've handled some situation.  Probably will occur right after the next check I write!

In the meantime, I'm consoling myself with a Klondike Bar!  -  Hurry with that wine, will you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I work till 4:30, so I can be there at 5:!5? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Testing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    Was not able to post since yesterday morning. Hope all is well with everyone. All is well here. Haven't read all the posts yet. Now leaving for lunch w/ DS. Hope to chat later.
    Take care  - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I work till 4:30, so I can be there at 5:!5? 

[/QUOTE]

I've already dipped into the crisp (just taste testing, you understand), and 5:15 is fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Crisp, for us, tt?! Thanks!!!

pingo, glad DS got through the storm ok. have fun!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I understand tt. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cup of tea time, I guess, I'm yawning my head off.  Combination of sun, knowing roof is getting fixed correctly, Cheerio curled up on top of couch cushion, full tummy - -  I'd like to take a little snooze, but afraid they'll need something and knock at the door.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, winter, we might see a movie tomorrow, but the main plan is to stay in and enjoy a three day weekend.  He just brought in the veggies for tonight's dinner all washed. :)

tt, take a nap - what could they need?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

$$$$$

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I thought you'd be going to dinner where you got married. I know before you mentioned that you've done that. What movie? My DS wants to see Skyfall. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a good week-end, Winter.  See you Tuesday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy Anniversary Kar...If I'd have known..... you know the rest. Actually today is my son's b'day but I don't get to make him a cake either...alas have you ever read the story of the shoemaker's son?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The cobbler's children have no shoes...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Yes and my son doesn't want a cake for his birthday

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Icer. :)  Funny about your son not wanting a cake.

winter, yes, we'd like to go there for dinner for nostalgia and we did for our first and second, but given we have to leave Gracie so long (it's an hour away) we've reconsidered.  We save a lot of money this way, and I do love to put on an extra special meal.  

Speaking of which, I'm stuffed...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, Johnnie Foodmaster in Whitman and Wemouth, both on 18 are going out of business. Was there this afternoon and bought 3 of their custard pies for $1.99 each!!!!  They are in the freezer waiting to be cooked.  They have lots of cake decorating stuff, 40% off....thought of your when I saw the display. ss 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, you asked what movie, sorry - not sure...it's a gorgeous day so getting dh to stop working outside will be nearly impossible, lol.  But, I knew that when I married him so I can't complain! ;)

ss, cake decorating talk always reminds me of my dear grandmother.  She taught cake decorating classes and was even ambidextrous at it.  makes me sad I never was interested when I was younger and had the chance to learn.  Oh, well, I suppose I have little use for that skill since dh can't eat sugar, and I can't find a good sub for the sugar in cake and frosting.

It's our second Saturday...dh is getting ready to take Gracie on their hike, and I'm about to finish up the kitchen and go back to work on the curtains.  Dh loves the teapot pattern and can envision how it will look.  Two rows of the pot are done so he can see how the filet pattern works.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to icer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes and my son doesn't want a cake for his birthday

[/QUOTE]

What is it with these guys that don't want any fuss made?  My boys are the same.  We always made a big deal of birthdays when they were kids, but now, it's as tho they'd just like the day to slide by.

How is Zach, Icer?  Wish we would get the photo feature back so we could get an update picture of him, and I would love to post one of pumpkin.  Soon we'd be able to see Grandma Amber's new little one too.

Well, guys have arrived for a Saturday of work.  Who knows what the back roof will bring to light - all these problems and luckily I had no leaks.  Guess this was the time to get it done.

No signs of Harry, I think he was a little scared coming face to face with one of the workers yesterday morning when he came for breakfast.  I had to feed him further up in the yard.

I'll check back in later in the day if there's any activity on the boards.  Have a good one.

Sections
Shortcuts