November 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: November 2013

I have a couple of minutes, before we are leaving. This it the pillow/tray we got. It cost $14.95.

http://www.ikea.com/qa/en/catalog/products/70225299/

As for a trip to Ikea, it is so worth it. Lots of nice little quality gifts one can get at their Market Place for small money.  But if you do go, make sure you get yourself enough time to wander around.  We spent over 3 hours there yesterday. 3500 steps according to my FitBit pal. I was tired. Did take a break and sat down for lunch. Plenty of free parking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's a lot of steps, thanks for the heads up.  I've been thinking about taking a shopping trip somewhere fun.  Wrentham has been on my mind as I neeeeeeeed new pjs - you can drive a truck through the holes in the sleepwear I have.  But, ikea sounds like a cool trip.

How is your hip, Pingo, after all that walking?  As you know, I have hip problems from a bone malformation...walking can be difficult for me, and I actually feel yesterday's hike today.  Not bad, but a reminder of my bone problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Came back from our function and checked my e-mail hoping for more RSVPs. Then thought I would just see, what you girls have been up to. Not much.
    Now going to bed. Have to get up early for my doc appointment tmw. Little nervous, but DH is taking me. Nighty night!

Ps. Kar, re your PJs. Have you looked into Plow and Heart? They have the "Life is good"  sleepwear. We give one to our DIL every Christmas. It has become a tradition now. She loves them - they are the best ever, soft and comfy, she tells us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

pingo good luck today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I love those PJs, Pingo - what a great idea.  I had tossed the catalog because it tempts me too much to have it taunt me on the coffee table, but I'll go online.  Nice gifts for your DIL; they do wear out so to get a new one every year would be appreciated.

Monday, again...brrrrrrrr!  Getting ready for my chiropractic appointment.  Stay warm, everyone, chat later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Just got up and it's wonderful to open the blinds and see the sun first thing in the morning with this time change.  Don't like the other end of the day tho when it gets dark so darn early.

Plow and Hearth - I love that magazine.  Ordered the little rocking chair from there for 13 yr. old GS when he was just 2, so I've been a fan of that magazine a long time.  Haven't ordered in a long time, so they only send me the catalog in time for Christmas shopping - should be getting one any day now.  As for Life is Good products, love,  love, love them.  Paper Store carries their Tshirts, and also once in a while you can find one in Marshall's.  I have one I picked up in there.

Had planned on going out today, but I'm on a roll going through the piles and I do mean piles, of filing I have.  Now need to clean out the little file cabinet so there's room for all the paper I've gone through.  May just stay in today and finish up that little project.  Plenty of free time the rest of the week to do outside errands.

Hope you get all your concerns answered at the doctor's today, Pingo.  I'm sure he'll tell you what he feels is the best option for you.

A lot of traffic this morning.  Email from C.L. tells me a family of deer were in her yard at 5:30 this morning.  She worries about their crossing, both for them and any car that might hit them, since the path they use goes right in front of her house.  I looked out back several times during the night, but didn't see any movement.  I think what they could find to graze on in my yard, they have already eaten.

Breakfast calls, and I want to watch a bit of the morning news.  Catch you all later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. The last soccer game on Saturday was good. His team won again and he scored a goal. The high school we looked at was nice, but DS likes the one from last week a little better. We see Arlington Catholic on the 17th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds like soccor is your son's forte'.  Gives them so much confidence, doesn't it?  I love to see kids get into any sport. 

Did you go to St. Mary's in Lynn this week-end, Winter?  Their open house ad kept popping up on my screen - never know if these pop up ads show on everybody's screens, or just for the ones who have mentioned interest.  I went to High School right across the commons from them, at least then, it was the high school, don't know what it is now.  they replaced the school with a new one built on the site of an old dump - I was amazed when engineers claimed at the time after their pile testings, that it was  OK to built on it - of course, a few years after opening, the land is sinking and they had to do extensive structural repairs to keep it from stabilize it.

Don't know if my son and GS went to the open house at St. Mary's.  Had heard it mentioned when he was reeling off the places under consideration.  In consideration for him too, is what their basketball situation is - how many of the younger classmen they choose - doesn't want to lose a year of competitive playing.  I remember going through all that when his father was choosing a college too.  He went with hockey scholarships, and was being courted by several, but ended up with one who promised him hockey time, and they followed through with it, playing him even his first year.  Hockey was his love and he's continued playing right along, even in the "old guys" organized teams until a couple of years ago.  At that point figured with a couple of kids he couldn't risk getting injured - those guys (him included) have all the quick moves and turns in their minds, but their bodies don't respond like they used to.

OK, more chatting than I intended.  have got to get dressed and started on that back room.  Too bad, with the file cabinet I'll be stuck in there, no TV to entertain me while I pull files out and rearrange.  I'll check in later.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Good morning! We had a great weekend.  Took the kids into Boston for the red sox parade.  DD1 was a little afraid because there were so many people and so many loud noises, but we found a spot that wasn't that crowded and she got into it eventually.  Loved clapping and saying "go red sox" and she loved seeing Wally the Green Monster on one of the duck boats.  DD2 wasn't afraid at all, she loved it from start to finish, clapping and yelling gibberish outloud.  I wore her on my back in one of those backpack carriers so i think she felt safe beacuse she was high up (well, relatively high up - i'm not so tall) and right next to me. 

Yesterday was so cold. We had a brunch in the morning with DH's extended family and our plan in the afternoon was to rake the leaves in the yard but we only got about a quarter of the way through before we had to come in and warm up.  I am trying to convince DH to hire someone to do fall clean up for us.  He doesn't want to spend the money on something he could do himself but it's hard to find the time to get it done! We left it that he is going to try to come home from work early one day this week to do it, and if he can't manage that, then we will hire someone.  Either way is fine with me, I just want it done because the kids like to play outside and all of the leaves are making it so dirty and slippery.

Last night in the tub DD2 was playing around and she slipped a little bit and started to fall backwards.  I was right there so she was totally fine but as I steadied her I must have made a funny face/gasp sound and she thought it was hysterical.  That led to her pretending to slip backwards (and me pretending to gasp and grab her) about ten more times. She was laughing so loud.  It was cute.

I hate changing from daylight savings to standard time. The morning sunlight is nice, I guess, but I am not looking forward to commuting home in the dark.  I already know tonight is going to be crazy because we won't get home until 5:30 (which is normal) but it will feel like 6:30 to the kids and they will be starving and cranky. Last night DD2 was hungry and asking for dinner at 4:45.  Hope they adjust sooner rather than later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Rama, what stamina you have to go with the kids into the parade.  Surely something to see, and I'm sure you'll remember it and tell them about being there as they get older.

Speaking of little kids, I finally saw the entire TV ad with the little girl standing on the train platform waiting for the train ride - shows her father sitting on a bench holding a younger child and plays the entire conversation between the two.  It is the cutest thing I have ever seen.  Doesn't seem as tho it could possibly have been staged.  She is in awe of the train of it pulls into the station.  I think it's showing on channel 4, probably around evening news time.

I'm waiting for an offer from someone to do the leaf blowing/bagging.  Since G.T. and partner are coming down this week-end, they may, just may, bring their leaf blower and take care of it after we get back from the Christmas Festival.  Still have my a/c in the window too, and altho I won't ask them to take it out, will pull the shade up so that if they look in there, they'll see it.  We're a family of bad backs and now bad shoulders, so I hire outside help when I can.  Plan on getting a cover for the a/c and leaving it in, if no offers appear.

Funny how your little one latched onto the slip/grab/laugh episode.  Love to hear them laugh out loud, it's a real un self conscious belly laugh when they get going.

NOW, to that room!  Think I'll make a second cup of coffee to take in with me.  If I don't appear on the boards by 4:00, send someone in after me!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good morning everyone!  We had such a busy weekend, feels good to sit and take a breather.

Both parties were a good time.  Saturday was family, so DS and DD had all of thier cousins there.  DD tries so hard to keep up with the bigger kids.  Had to remind them a few times to ease up so she could be a part of things too, which they did.  Saturday was a 1st bday party for a friend's son, so there were more little ones her age there. She found a little friend to crawl around under the tables with and they had a ball.  Time change didn't seem to affect her, but she was so tired from all the activities that she probably didn't notice.

IKEA is a good idea for Xmas shopping.  Never would have thought of it.  I should try to plan a day to drive down and wander about.  I bet I would come across some things.  Do I remember correctly that they have a little play area?  Its been so long, but I thought they did.  Otherwise it'd be along day for DD in her stroller.

Oh, and the bball update from DS - winter sports meeting is tomorrow night, and they will be handing out tryout schedules.  Also learned in our little chat that he has made a new freind with a boy who went to a different middle school.  This kid is into track, which doesn't interest DS, but they have some classes together and hang out.  That was welcome news. His best pal for years and years and years moved away about a year and a half ago to live with his grandparents after his Mom died suddenly.  It was so sad on so many levels.  He hasn't really talked much about any of his friends since then.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to hear DS has made a new friend, Novem.  It's a hard age, I think at that age they are so afraid of rejection.  Everyone needs a close buddy.

Out from under the papers and have decided I need to invest into another 2 drawer file.  Plenty of room for it in the toyroom, and it will make my filing chore easier.  I got rid of some more stuff today, including a file I had in there - "day trips", which probably was in there since the kids were young!  I'm sure routes and even places have changed since then!  Another was a mapquest print out I had for the Cracker Barrel in Tewksbury.  Never have driven out there myself yet!  Should check date on printout - oh, you'll get a kick out of this - I'm a fast mover alright - 2006!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, Lynn is in the wrong direction for me to drive, but I work with someone whose son is a sophmore and the hairdresser's son is a freshman there. We did talk to both the Soccer and basketball coach at Matignon yesterday. The soccer coach asked him if he was fast because he plays midfield and forward and the basketball coach said he must be a tall small forward for 7th grade. He's going to go to a couple of basketball games this winter and check them out. They play the school in Brighton that he likes so they are going to get to that game.
    We are going to check out the local voc school Wednesday and the town HS next week. He's not a hands on type of kid, but DS went to the voc so it will be interesting for him to see. The local HS has a more diverese course catalog, which might be good for what he wants to do and provide more options if/when he changes his mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Rama, lucky you I would have love to have gone, but DS had a soccer game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Nov, the Ikea playspace is great but only for potty trained kids of a certain height.  We took DD1 there over the summer and she wasn't tall enough (missed by about an inch).  I agree that taking your DD to Ikea would make for a very long day... she's about the same age as my DD2 (15 months), am i correct?  Your weekend sounds super busy but all fun things.

TT, my DH and I are both big Red Sox fans so we really wanted to go to the parade and had nobody to watch the kids so that's how they ended up coming with us!  It helped that it was so nice out.  I certainly wouldn't have dragged the kids into the city if it was a cold or wet day.  But it was so nice, mid-to-upper 60s - and we took advantage of being in the city and visited the public garden with the kids and got some great pictures.  It was a long day though!  We fell asleep very early that night.  Re: your a/c - do you have any high school boys in your neighborhood? I bet you could pay someone $10 to remove the a/c. High school boys are perfect for "heavy lifting" projects that don't require much skill or time besides sheer strength.  Just a thought if you prefer to have the a/c removed and not have to buy a cover for it.

Winter, it was an amazing day in Boston! I'm sure you caught some of the parade replay on the news, it was neat seeing all of the players and watching them express their personalities.  I'm sort of sad baseball is over!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've been trying my darndest to convert a picture G.T. sent me from the "paint" file to my regular picture file so I could use it as an avatar to enable you to see what he made from different leftover chocolate Halloween candies - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with that one - he put it all in a food processor and then poured into a pie crust and baked it!  It looks gorgeous in the pic he sent me with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!!  Hoping there's a slice left for them to bring down this week-end.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, wish I could see a photo, sounds interesting and yummy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's like a fudge pie, high like cheesecake.  At first I got into my profile to change the avatar, but now that option isn't available on my profile page -  couldn't get it to browse to the pic in the "paint" section anyway.

Got a lot done today.  Shredded a  lot of stuff while watching Y&R, and moved stuff around making room for new file cabinet - mentioned it to G.T. and he said they have a 2 drawer cabinet they were going to get rid of, so will bring it down this week-end.  Will be out most of tomorrow and the rest of the days are pretty full, but will try to do a little more actual tossing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Here it is!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yes Rama, she's just shy of 16 months.  Thx for the info at IKEA.  When I was last there, babaies weren't even on my radar, so I didn't pay that close of attention.  Funny the things you notice and don't.  Like now, I can tell you which bathrooms at the mall have changing stations and which ones don't.

ETA: Kar - went back to check out your mention of probiotics.  I think she gets more viruses than actual infections, but she had RSV last winter, and two rounds of pneumonia, so she tends to be prone to upper respitory issues. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Tt that looks really good. I have stuffed shells cooking for dinner; the boys are at practice and won't be home till 6:45.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I put an email in to him before he left work asking what else he mixed in before baking it, but I guess he didn't see it before leaving.  What a time I had getting it even as an avatar.  He sent it from his phone, I guess, and instead of my regular picture place, it went to "paint".  Anyway, it does look good, doesn't it?

Cold night for practice.  I think you got the better deal - staying home and making supper, especially if the oven is going!  I had a Mrs. Budd's chicken pie and boy, it was the perfect night for it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

They are at basketball practice so they are inside. But I still have the better deal. That pie/cake does look good. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's a pie, baked in a crust.  He sent me 3 pics, one of the food processor with all sorts of chocolate candy bars filling it, the second after the mixture was poured into a crust, and this, the third with a scoop of ice cream (funny looking ice cream) on top.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  tt, that is funny looking ice cream, to me it looks like chocolate whip cream. Another cold morning. I'm excited about tonight, we are seeing Miss Saigon at North Shore Music Theater tongiht. Neither of us have seen it, but we like the music.

Sections
Shortcuts