November 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: November 2013

Good  morning,

Getting ready for an early morning out.  NO energy at all today, guess yesterday  I used up my supply for both days.  Really dragging this morning.  I'm sure once I hit that cold air I'll perk up a bit.

G.T. doesn't eat ice cream, they buy frozen yogurt, so I'm thinking even tho he said it was delicious with ice cream, that's how they refer to the frozen yogurt.  Still, a funny looking scoop.

Pingo,  how did you make out yesterday?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Very quiet here this morning...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    What a day yesterday! The visit with the doc, went very well. It was a wonderful Irish fellow. Very warm and accommodating. We hit it off right away. Funny thing, DH has designed the structure for the building, we were in, a long time ago. They both got a kick out of that.
    Good new and bad news. I had brought my MRIs and he took another x-ray. The good news are, no surgery. I do NOT have arthritis. He showed us the pictures of my perfectly fine hip bones. But the bad news are, I have several torn tendons and lots of torn muscle fibers, causing the Bursitis. How that happened? Can't really tell. He showed us the very swollen bursa in both hips, and compared it to a normal bursa. Had not seen such swollen and inflamed bursa in a very long time.
    So he suggested I do stretching exercises every day instead of every other day, and that I do the strengthening exercises several times a day. But you can't do the excersises properly, if you are in pain, so he suggested another cortisone shot. And now I know, why the shots didn't work in the past. They didn't do them correctly. This guy took a pen and marked everything off, then went straight into the bursa. When he hit the skin and the muscle, it hurt, but I could deal with that. But when he hit the inflamed bursa, I thought, I was going to pass out. I don't know, if you can do that lying down, but I was close. When we were leaving, he stuck his head in and told me, I may be sore for a day or so. Believe me, he was not kidding. My treshold for pain is high, but I was in such agoni yesterday. I couldn't even sit down at my computer. Didn't sleep much last night either, but this morning still a bit sore, the original pain is almost gone. Yea!
    Now I am so angry at the other orthopedic doctor, that diagnosed me wrongly. I wasted good 3 years with him. TG he was not a surgeon. Lesson learned. Don't trust docs completely. A second or in my case a third opinion is needed. Enough about me.
    That pie looks scrumptious, tt. Please, please get the proper recipe for us. What a great way to use up leftover candy.
    Door bell. I am expecting a repair guy to come for my microwave. Chat later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, so glad to hear you won't need surgery.  Exercises and shots are doable.  I know shots directly into a bursa are painful, my DIL had one in her shoulder and said the same thing, she almost passed out.  She asked the doctor, "Is it normal for your voice to seem to be getting further away?"  They laid her down right away.  My doctor has suggested I get one in my hip, but so far I've said, "No, thank you."  And, right now, I'm painless.  I do feel my new mattress with it's gel and heat supplement has made a big difference nights in my comfort.

Try not to dwell on the 3 years you feel were wasted with the other doctor.  You did the best you could, going I'm sure, to a doctor recommended to you.  Just be glad you decided to check further.  

Hoping in another few days you see a big difference.  Glad you had this done now before the important baby shower, so that you 'll be comfortable for that.  Is everything all set for that btw?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, the pie.  No real recipe.  He just threw it together, pressing it into a graham cracker crust, drizzled melted butter over the top and then pressing in more crumbs to hold it all together, and baked it at 350 for about 30 minutes.  He said they didn't eat it with a fork like pie, but more cut it in pieces like fudge.  I'm sure anyone could fool with it and get the consistency they wanted.  I wouldn't have bothered with a pie shell, but pressed it in a square pan as in making regular fudge.  Afterall, that's what it was, really, chocolate in different forms.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver?  Where are you?  Hope not down with a headache.

Getting sick of this avatar, changing back to a Cheerio pic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks, tt, for your comforting words. I will take your advice, and try to get better, instead of dwelling on the past. I just can't believe two doctors were so wrong. How many other patients suffer due to their incompetency? This shot seems to work wonders. I am completely pain free now in my right hip. And with proper excersises, I hope I will be in both. I have big hopes.

Too bad GT didn't write down a recipe for that After-Halloween-Pie. He could win big money in a  the bake-offs. Hope they will bring a piece to you to try, so you can tell us, how is is.

My repair man came and went. He could't fix the oven: too old - no parts available. So we wil have to bite the $3000-4000 bullet and buy a new one. But while he was here, he told DH, your refrigerator doesn't sound right. So they both checked it and found the cooling fan wasn't working. The top of the refrigerator was burning hot. The non-working fan would have burnt out the compressor. So he changed that for us. So glad DH was at home to make that decision.

The world is so small sometimes. DH had told him to call him, when he was to come. He did and DH told him, he would be there in such and such time; he was coming from XXX City. When DH arrived, the repair guy told DH, that his father is at present woking at a job in XXX City. Low and behold; his father is working for DH.

Love your new avatar, tt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My avatar is a picture of "my window on the world", as I call it.  To the right is my computer, and when I'm at it, I look out on the street and all that pass by.

Small world, indeed with the repair man's father and your husband.  You've had a lot of applliance problems lately.  That's what seems to happen, we buy them all at once, and then they all seem to give out around the same time.  You don't need that expense right now with the baby plus the holidays, both coming.

Still not brimming over with energy,and trying to work up enough energy to fry the eggplant and make the parm for tonight.  I have tried the oven parm before, but didn't like it, prefer the fried.

C.L. left today for a couple of days/nights at Foxwoods, so I'm in charge of watching for the 2 cats and feeding them morning and night.  That's fine if they come down here, but Harry's usually the only one who comes, and then it's only mornings.  C.L. has tried a couple of times to get in touch with his owner, as she had asked, when she sees him out there after midnight, but the message she gets is that the # is no longer in service.  I think soon she will take it upon herself to drive over and try to speak with her in person.  

OK, I guess I'll bite the bullet and get the eggplant ready.  There goes my nice clean stovetop.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, what a beautiful photo of Cheerio. She likes it there I can tell. Hope that Harry and Miss Fluff will visit with CL away.
                                                                                                                                                     Pingo glad your shot is working, my mom used to get them in her lower back. Wow what an expense with the microwave. When is your shower? You must be gettng so excited.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know you'll be leaving soon, Winter, have a good night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I didn't get to see the pie/cheesecake/frozen yogurt or ice cream

I have been very busy lately...this is my Gingerbreadgouse seasonm and this year I have several to make...oh ya,...and Gingerbreadmen cookies

I am giving a class on thursday and this Saturday is my son's 30th Birthday

Zachary and a High school friend tomorow

Pingo, I am so sorry to hear and then again glad...no surgery. I know a lot of folks that swear by those cortozone shots

TT...I have been heartbroken with the Y&R...and Nikki having another son...geez loiuse...that story line DOES get old. I loved the Kevin Klien segment too

That is it for me...I am pulkling dinner out of the oven and am gonna watch a little Judge Judy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Glad you are feeling better, pingo.  Tyr not to be too hard on the doctor, although it is frustrating, he is "practicing" medicine.  Never an exact science.  I had to have an injection for my back/hip issues recently as well and I really do swear by them.  Such direct relief!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, I am so glad that you don't have to have surgery and that the pain from the shot though traumatic seems to have been productive. 

I have been frantically busy and now have a headache so I will toddle off to bed early but send greetings to all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I froze all night, and yet woke up at 7:30 to what the weatherman says is the warmest morning we've had in a while ?  I even checked to see if the top of the window where the a/c is, had slipped down.  Don't understand it unless, lawdie, I hope not, I'm coming down with one of the sneeze/cough things I seem to be exposed to everwhere I go lately.

No cats last night, altho I toddled into bed early too, Hats, around 8:00, but as I walked through the kitchen this morning, Harry was coming up the walk - making his second run here, I'm sure since he and I usually meet between 6 - 6:30.   

A lone male cardinal at my feeder this morning.  haven't seen the pair since summer ended. Wonder if they had switched to C.L.'s.  No seed in that one now, she has stopped filling it because of the families of deer that feed underneath it.  Then they cross the street, and it is a busy one, right in front of her house.  She has repeatedly asked the town that a "deer crossing" sign be put up, but they refuse, saying it is up to the drivers to "beware".

Icer, nice to hear from you.  I would love one of your gingerbread houses.  The competition at the Christmas Festival we are going to this week-end, is a highlight of the trip.  Such creative displays.  Have you ever gone in and seen them?

G.T.'s Thanksgiving group around the dining room table, grows.  All of Lilly's fam (7) are going, plus G.T.'s MIL, 4 friends - that makes 15 as of now - somehow when we're all sitting there for pictures, it seems a lot more.  I'll make my pumpkin soup and saltine/choc candy, and my cookie baking GD and I plan on making a slew of those pilgrim hat cookies, some for her fam, and at least 15 to take out there.

Kargiver, hope you will check in this morning.  Not like you to let a day go by with no pop in "hello".

Hats, sounds as tho this is a real busy time for you.  Don't let yourself get worn down right now at the start of the holiday season.  Hope you're headache free this morning.

Pingo, hope you had a good night's sleep and get up this morning feeling like new.  I've had many cortisone shots to combat various long lasting pains, my knee being the most successful to this day, and I had absolutely no pain with the injection going in but I know it's different with being shot into an imflammed bursa.

French toast on the menu for me this morning.  Guess I'll get up and get it going.  Good lawd, a long rambling post - that will be it from me for the day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

I was down with a headache, but I'm over it entirely today, thanks, tt.

I hope you have warmed up and are not getting sick; I'm usually cold in the morning until I shower no matter how warm or cold it is in the house.  Did you take down the photo?  I can't see it, and it sounds so interesting!  Maybe if I refresh a few times...

Hats, I hope your going back to bed wipes out your headache and you don't end up really ill.

Rama, tell DH his time is worth more than whatever he'd pay the cleanup guy.  Your kids are only young once, and it's not money he's throwing away - he's buying his time back.

Nov, I choked up thinking of your son's best friend who lost his mom and had to move away.  That's so hard, like you say, on so many levels.

Pingo, so sorry about the extreme bursitis, but now with a definitive diagnosis there's great hope to get it under control.  I have bursitis in both shoulders and know your pain, at least to some degree.  No wonder you've been suffering so!

Going East tomorrow for a lunch with a girlfriend of 12 years I used to work with.  And, to shop for DH's anniversary present; our 5th is Saturday. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And, what are you thinking of, in terms of an anniversary present for DH?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

tt, what a beautiful photo of Cheerio. She likes it there I can tell. Hope that Harry and Miss Fluff will visit with CL away.
                                                                                                                                                     Pingo glad your shot is working, my mom used to get them in her lower back. Wow what an expense with the microwave. When is your shower? You must be gettng so excited.

I took a second look at the photo - and this room - after reading your post, Winter.  you know what?  It is a pretty, cheery  room, and I take it for granted most days.  Now, after seeing in a new light, will appreciate it more.

I painted it this yellow, gosh, maybe 10 years ago, when my FLA friend, who has since passed away, was coming up to spend a few days.  I did the whole room over, complete with new throw rugs, blinds, and did all the painting, walls (which needed some patching) and woodwork myself, after multiple hints brought no response for help from sons.  The little independent hardware store where I bought the paint, has gone the way of a lot of independent stores, swallowed up by some huge conglomerate.  But, this room remains -

Even tho your comment was a "beautiful picture of Cheerio", it reminded me that it's a "beautiful room".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He is going on a cruise with his parents next summer to Alaska (alone so I can avoid getting motion sick and take care of Gracie for 2 weeks), and I want to look for a comfort travel thing.  Maybe a sporty watch, a cozy (clean!) blankie/pillow set for the plane...not sure.  Or, maybe something else entirely will strike my fancy.  He's hard to shop for...like most men, I guess.

ETA:  I had meant to mention that pic, too, tt - both how fab Cheerio looks and how bright the room is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. tt, it is a beautiful looking room from what I can see. Looks very cheery. Kar, you should really go on that cruise, my mom loved it. You can wear a patch for motion sickness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Miss Saigon was AWESOME last night. I had never seen it and I was sobbing by the end, always a sign of a grand performance. I highly recommend it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter, I appreciate the suggestion, and I trust there are ways to effectively deal with ms, but there are other reasons, as well.  One of which is the kennel cost, and that's even if her kennel is available; she's often closed in July for her doing dog shows out of state.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks for your ETA, Kargiver.  On my way to shower and dress and come in and give this room which is easy to take care of, my best TLC today - the sun is shining in the window much like the day I sat right where I'm sitting now, and snapped that picture. 

I'll check in later.  Like the idea of a sporty watch - or perhaps an easy to carry camera?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhhh, that's wonderful, Winter, you guys enjoyed it so much.  I've always wanted to see that and wish I had taken the op when I was at BU.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, ah, I like the easy to carry camera idea, too.  He's got a bulky SLR, but nice cameras are getting smaller and lighter all the time, easy to tuck into a jacket pocket and get awesome shots.

The power of a bright, sunny room to uplift your spirit cannot be overstated. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Woke up  again this morning w/o pain. I feel like I have gotten a new life. Yesterday my FitBit pal showed I had taken 6000 steps, that is more than twice my daily count the time I had it.

Kar, don't buy any of the comfort pillows or blanket they sell for traveling. I tried them all; they are a nuisance. There is not enough room to comfortable use them. Instead get a small fleece blanket like 3 x 5 or so. They are available. If you must, cut a larger one to size. Airplanes are freezing cold, and DH will need one. They don't give them out in the plane any longer, as they used to do.
    Also, please do yourself a favor and go with your DH on the cruise. Is BIL coming along? It is a beautiful trip. You will love it. There is hardly any movement on the Alaskan cruises. My SIL, who always needs to sit in the front seat of a car, due to motion sickness, went with us armed will all kind of pills and patches. She didn't need to use any of them. You will be sailing along the coast, not on the ocean, besides those huge cruise ships are built to stay level, no matter what movement there is. Please do go. Do you have a good friend, that could take care of Gracie, while you are gone? What about your walking friend, Gracie knows so well. She may love the opportunity. Unless you ask, you will not know. Since it is not until next summer, you could have a couple of trial weekends, to see how it would go. I don't imagine, there will be any problems; Gracie is so well trained.
    The camera idea is a very good idea. Aim and shoot. I have one (Canon IXY digital), and DH uses mine all the time instead of his bulky expensive Canon. It takes great pictures and is easy to use.

tt, now every time, I see your nom, I imagine you sitting in that cheery room with Cheerio looking at the world going by you. Lovely peaceful picture. Please tickle GT and get that candy pie recipe.

Going to the mall this afternoon with DH. Going to look at the Pandora bracelets. Need to buy gift for two of DS's cousins. They will be doing some sort of ceremony at the shower. And one personal gift for DIL - not the baby. Thought those bracelets would fit the bill. Something different, we can add pieces to at other occasions. Winter you have one, I remember. Any advice?

The day is running away for me. Still in my robe. Better get ready before DH comes to pick me up. Have a good day everyone.

Sections
Shortcuts