November 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November 2013

Good morning!

Feels like a Monday given our big day in the city yesterday.  Had a blast at the game (in a catered box!), spent $10 on a nice cold Sierra Nevada (totally worth it), and then walked with SIL and her hubby to the North End where we had dinner and Mike's canolis.  And, the Bruins won 3-0.  Terrible injury to member of other team who broke his leg on a goal post...phew, it was bad. But, he gave the thumbs up to massive cheering as he was taken out.  They are tough.  

Winter, I'd never gone to a hockey game, and, in fact, it's been so long ago that I walked around that area I told DH we'd just get off the commuter train and cross Causeway St. and we'd be there.  Um...the Big Dig has been done how long?  LOL!!

Do NOT ever go to Limoncello's for dinner - it was memorably awful, all 4 entrees reminded us of Stoffers...but Stoffers is a lot better and cheaper.  Mike's saved the evening in a culinary sense. :)

Speaking of culinary, holy cow those cookies look so yummy, tt!  So happy to have the pic functionality back.  Nice your water heater is all taken care of.

Pingo, thanks for checking in so we know you're ok and got an initial report of a fun time.  Looking forward to hearing more when you are rested and ready to regale us.

Nov, thanks for the anniversary well wishes.  It was a grand 4 day celebration.  Loving having chosen a non-major holiday weekend for the wedding.

SS, good to have you back.  What kind of computer did you get?  Like it?

Town walking friend is coming at 10, and we  got about an inch of heavy snow.  Feeling like staying in with tea by the fire...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT - a clipboard!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I tried many times yesterday to post pictures...I give up...I love seenig all of yors though...Pingo so glad to hear of your grear shower adventures...Kar sorry the restaurant was a disappointment...TT I love your cookies whenever I get to see them...SS glad your computer is fixed

I am toddling off...I have a baking party coming up tomorw night...not sure how I got into this..but I have a bunch of ladies...5 coming over tomorow night...they will make desserts to take home and drink wine...I am having a Martini and will supervise...I'll let u know how it turns out,,Husbands are driving

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to icer's comment:

I tried many times yesterday to post pictures...I give up...I love seenig all of yors though...Pingo so glad to hear of your grear shower adventures...Kar sorry the restaurant was a disappointment...TT I love your cookies whenever I get to see them...SS glad your computer is fixed

I am toddling off...I have a baking party coming up tomorw night...not sure how I got into this..but I have a bunch of ladies...5 coming over tomorow night...they will make desserts to take home and drink wine...I am having a Martini and will supervise...I'll let u know how it turns out,,Husbands are driving

Wish you lived closer!  I'd invite myself to be the 6th lady!  Sounds like a lot of fun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt. you could drop by and I could walk over with you, sounds like a good time.

My computer is a Lenovo....  Most of the computers in the store were all in 1's, I had just bought the monitor a while ago so there was no need for another one.

Kar it is so disappointing when you take the time and pay for dinner out and then have it not meet up to your expectations, glad you had Mikes.....can almost taste the canolis.

Snow has stopped, thank goodness, I still have leaves to take care of, don't want snow on top of them.

Hats, thanks for the suggestion about the coaster, must find something to cover for my coffee cup, altho I no only use it at the computer I carry it from room to room with me, sometimes I can't find it and then I have to walk around and around, wish there was a chain gizmo I could hang around my neck.  Take care, gotta go get DD coffe pot set up for her when she gets home.  ss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, I can envisions Cheerio sitting there watching you until she gets a nibble of the bacon. I make lunch for DS once a week and Yoda sits there and watches me until he gets the smallest piece of ham. He tries to get more, but all he gets is one small piece. kar, glad you had a good time at the game, sorry dinner was a bust but that you enjoyed your cannoli. Icer, I'll pick tt up and we will head over to ss' house and join your party. Hats, you are on a creative stretch this week. Sounds like fun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm headed out.  Neighbor down the street warned me to be careful, her corner is slippery.  If I'm not back on after Y&R, check all the corners in town!

SS, if only, we did live closer to each other - - - -

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Woke up well rested and ready to start "real" life. I was on a Merry-Go-Round this past weekend. But everything went so well. I want to thank all you ladies, who guided me to use Spinelli's. I can't say enough good about them. They did such a wonderful job. The room was beautifully set up, and even though it was a gray day, the sun did manage to come out and fill the room with light. The food was very, very good and their sweet table was to die for. 1/3 of the guests were vegetarians, and even they came to tell us, they enjoyed the food. It can sometime be a big problem.
    When the guest were arriving, we had served Mimosas, coffee, tea and small pastries. Then later waffles with whipped cream and strawberries was set out. We had carved ham, mixed veggies, eggplant parm and ziti for the children.
    The staff was wonderful. The main lady, Beth, was so accommodating. If we ever have a function like this again, Spinelli's will definitely be the place.
    We had a piano player for back ground music. Good money spent. Everyone loved it.
    The favors were small baby bottles with pink ribbons filled with Jordan Almonds.
    The cyclamen plants were a bit hit too. I had been looking for chargers to put them on, but found they were too expensive, for what they were going to be used for. Then DH suggested to go to HD to pick up mirror tiles instead. The plants and the wooden toys looked lovely on them.

I am not seeing any of the pictures you girls have been posting. I will try to post a few. If it doesn't work, I will try later.

Seems like the plumbers have been busy. Glad you have hot water again, tt, and that you can use the potty, Winter. I had my DW installed Friday night, just in time. Congrats, ss, on your new computer. Your visit to Boston sounds great, Kar, even though I am not a Bruins fan. Sorry, your dinner was not up to par.

Talking of not up to par. Sunday night, we went to the new Legal C Bar,  that just opened in Lynnfield. DIL is a Legal Seafood fan, and wanted to try it. Big disappointment. Very, very  noisy, couldn't keep a conversation going. Terrible service. Big prices, small servings. Nothing like their other Legal restaurants.

Now trying to post a few pictures. Wish me luck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry, looks like it didn't work. Will try again later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

'Home again, home again, lickety split.'  Cold out, but didn't hit any ice patches.

Took out a container of lasagna for supper, and probably half a wowie cake I had frozen.  Will frost that for my chocolate fix.  Met up with pumpkin, his mom and bro and gave them the leftover cinnamon cookies, with a request for a vote yes or no on whether to make them again.

Got home just in time for Y&R, but lately that's when I seem to be getting phone calls.  Guess these people don't watch it!

Had a call from C.L. just as I was leaving that the young buck was in her yard.  We feel he must be orphaned, to be out in the daytime, and always alone.

Icer and Pingo, wish you both could conquer the posting tree and Icer, you post your gingerbread creations, and Pingo, you post pics of the shower.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo sounds like you had a womderful time at the shower. I'm glad you like Spinelli's. I used to plan events there at my former company, glad to see they are still up to par. How did DIL like her Pandora bracelet? tt lasagna and wowie cake!!! When's dinner?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a nice evening, Winter.  I'm freezing.  Have to go check the thermostat and see if it needs turning up.  Should do a wash, but hate to go down cellar when it's cold and dark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt, hope you and everyone else has a nice evening as well. We are going to our town's High School Open House. we'll see how that goes. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

ummm...pingo..did u guys do tatoos for the shower? that is what I am seeing...If you did..way to be different...if you didn't...I am gonna chuckle some!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Photo in above post, is from the Henna party Saturday. A niece of a cousin's of DSs' is doing it so well. All the immediate relatives (ladies) had it done. Me included.

Could only post one photo in the post. Trying another one.

This is the table setting. It was taken before the guests arrived, and before the toys were placed on the tables. Sweet table (empty) is in the background. I went away from the chargers. Too expensive. DH suggested we go to HD to pickup mirror tiles. They worked out well.

Here you see DIL getting the special bracelet attached. It is the middle one , with the small gold ball. She is supposed to wear it until the baby is born.

I am hoping to get some more pictures from TX son and from friends. This is the best I can do right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Mehendi painting!  Love it - Pingo I had guessed from your comments that your husband was from South Asia and now I am pretty sure...I was glad to hear the Spinelli's shower was nice and if I ever get to have a party I will keep it in mind.

Winter good luck tonight with DS.

TT I covered the clipboard.  It looks nice and I have propped it in front of the files to hide them...tomorrow the mug coaster.

Soup is smelling yummy, ham has all melted off the bone, going to serve it with some chewy rye bread and butter.  It was cold out on the playground today - wore my long underwear and sheepskin boots.  I hate winter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tables are so pretty, Pingo.  Hope you're able to get some pics that include the toys.  How did it work out with the kids?  Did you do anything special with them in mind?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats - where will it all end?  lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Speaking of toys, I was looking at them today with my two nephews in mind.  One is almost 3, the other will be 8 months at Christmas.  I want to get them one good toy each.  I will enjoy thinking about it.  Must be very small since they will have to be transported all over the country.  Hmmmm.  Saw some wooden race cars from Germany that looked like a lot of fun.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have pumpkin who just turned 2 and his bro who is 4 months to think of for Christmas.  At the Festival at Seaport there was a booth with handmade wooden toys, all sizes, little trucks with their load of lumber, cars, airplanes.  Fairly expensive, and as I stood there pondering, I was afraid that already at this early age, they would not be exciting enough with movable parts, for pumpkin.  He's already indoctrinated into the ToysRus catalog of present choices.

What sticks in the back of my mind too, is the year my father would go down cellar each night after a day's work at the GE, and lovingly worked on a whole set of train cars that fastened together with hook and eye, painted them complete with B&M signage, and how ill received they were by his first little grandson.  Blame the parents (my sister) yes, but we never saw them again after Christmas morning, and even that morning they were pushed aside with a "Look, here's another present to open - a fire truck with a siren!"   Guess I don't want to chance a repeat of the same reaction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, the toys were a great success. They all went home with the kids. They looked great on the tables. I am hoping to get some more pictures with the toys on. I can kick myself, I didn't take photos of them before we went there.
    We also brought coloring books, paper and crayons, we distributed to the young ones. There were 14 of them. They were busy - hardly heard anything from them. At the end we lined them all up, and UK son gave them prizes. Not for the best picture, but for the one with the most green colors, the most fish, the largest sun etc. (he looked at their pictures and decided there and then on what to give them a prize for - LOL)  - and of course they all got a prize. A small bag of chocolate. It was one of the fun elements at the shower.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh TT how sad.  To think of all that work unappreciated.  Yes, this might well happen to me too but at least I will know that I gave them what I think will be good for them rather than crap that will be broken in a minute.  Blocks are another good toy - the nice wooden kind - to introduce as soon as possible.  If you get down on the floor with them, it helps...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Last year I got him a little wagon he could pull, filled with blocks.  This year his mother has given me an idea (and probably everyone else too!) of a toy he's been playing with at a play group she takes him to.  It's one of those pop up - you know press a button and another section pops up with a character.  He'll probably get 10 of them!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, sounds as tho so much thoughtful planning went into the shower.  I'm sure everyone, kids included, had a wonderful time.  So nice to think of the kids and of prizes to give them.

Sections
Shortcuts