November Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: November Chat

Friends,
    This e-mail just came in from my DIL in Texas. She reads NY Times. Apparently both Shaws as well as Trader Joe's had to throw out their stock and recall all their ground beef due to E-coli contamination. Just though I would pass on the word.
    What will be next?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

icer, that's funny about the "other" Gracie. :)

pingo, thanks for the warning.  sigh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The notification about the beef was on the Channel 4 news last night.  Trader Joe's, Shaw's, and I think B.J.'s.  It was packaged with a Sept. date.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sept?  Who's buying meat now with a Sept date?  Goodness, not that anyone deserves food poisoning, but they don't need to be contaminated by e-coli to be a problem in Nov if they were sell by Sept.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The picture showed pre made patties, so I suspect that people may have bought it and frozen the package.  Just now defrosting, cooking and finding e coli illnesses, is what I think.  I'm sure anyone can go on WBZ channel 4's website and read the whole story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, that makes much more sense - thanks, tt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ok Ladies, I googled it and here is the story:

http://wbztv.com/food/ground.beef.recall.2.1283448.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Got my one bag of leaves out just in time this morning, the truck was coming around the corner.  One down, 24 to bag and go!

Sorry to hear you're in pain again, Pingo.  I do think the rise in barometric pressure has a lot to do with any aches and pains.  Our body tries to adjust to it somehow.  Hope you are able to have a quick day in work.  I'll be out and about with a friend.  Didn't get together last week, she sounded terrible.  Ended up with bronchitis and still doesn't sound that great, but she is on an antibiotic and itching to get out., 

Mothermitzi, where are you hiding these days?  I did see your brief input on Icer's "Looking for an Opinion", but miss your chatty posts.

How's the cat doing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I wish the powers that be would fix the front page listing all the threads and latest posts.  As it stands now, it shows the last post on this thread was 3 days ago by Kargiver, when in fact, both Pingo and I have posted here since.  Means clicking on each thread you're interested in and then following through to the end to see what the latest post is.  A real time waster.

Heat has been going on a lot this morning, so the guess the temp is really down in the 30's as the TV says.  A hot oatmeal morning for sure.  Called the first of the week when I noticed the oil gauge was down to 1/4, and was told my card had been pulled and delivery would be in the next few days.  None yet.  Another call will be put in this morning.  Never had to keep track of my oil supply, always on automatic delivery with no concerns.  Company I'm with has bought out a smaller one and I hope this isn't a preview of the way it's going to be now.  Maybe it got down that low before and I just never noticed.

Stopped in Christmas Tree Shop yesterday and everyone in the world was there.  They had just got in all their Christmas decorations.  It was mobbed, people with their baskets full.  I have more decorations than I even bring down from the attic, so walked out of there with only some red napkins.  My friend had picked up quite a few things, but she has her first grandchild whose family lives with her, so a lot she bought was for the enjoyment of the little one.

Errands to run and a wake to go to this afternoon.  Looking forward to warmer weather tomorrow and the Christmas Fair.  Love seeing the gingerbread displays and of course, stopping by the Gingerbread Factory booth for gingerbread boys (and a girl) to munch on while we meander around to see what's there this year.

Hope regular posters will realize this thread IS active, and add some posts.  Have a good day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Oh how I wish I could go to the Christmas fair this weekend...I am so psyked for you though(Does anyone say psyked anymore)

I always get so many ideas at those things and I think Icer is going to craft a lot of Christmas gifts this year.

Oh well..maybe some kind individual can give us a report whenever that un-named person comes back from the event....ho hum or shall I say Ho ho ho

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know what?  I'll even take notes, Icer.  I always see a lot of things there that I think, "I could make that."  Then by the time the next day comes the enthusiasm has worn off and I forget all about it.  What types of medium are you interested in working in?  I'll take special note of those booths.  We take our time and meander around anyway, ohing and ahing.

Now I'm off for my errands, one being the taxes that were due a couple of days ago that somehow got pushed to the back of my bill pile!  Oh me, oh my.  Money was in the checking account, just slid the bill to the end somehow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I say psyched...  I'm not known for my cutting edge lingo, though. ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Pinched nerve is gone. (I wish forever, but unfortunately I don' t think so). Had the best sleep ever last night and I am ready for the day. Having dinner company tomorow - just a very simple casual dinner, but I have to run up to Costco to get what I need.
    Two new kittens are here. I think they live on our flat part of our roof, using the heat from our chimney to snuggle in. Two mornings ago - during full moon, Mr. P noticed one of them sitting on the edge of our roof - with the full moon behind. He took a beautiful (georgeous) picture of the sight. Will see if I can get anyone to help me post it. (I am not Icer). Even though the picture is just like one from a story book, we are not happy about it.
    What are those poor things going to do during the cold winter? We are - for sure - not going to feed them. As tt said, they will just multiply. This is the first year in about 20 years our home is "cat heaven". Never, ever have we seen this many cats  on our property before. One coming through occasionally - fine. But these cats seems to have made their home here.
    If anyone have a human solution to this, I would be most happy to learn about it. 
    I know, we do have lots of mice in our area. But I have my "mice-guy" come twice a year to take care of them. And so far, I have never had a single one inside my home (at least as far as I know). I am just wondering if this have something to do with the change of climate?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've crocheted for 30 years, and I always have high hopes of making a set of snowflake ornaments for Christmas gifts all year.  Every January I'm all gung ho on the idea, by March I've forgotten about it, and by November I'm kicking myself.  Every single year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, post what you're interested in today, so I'll see it before I go - edibles? Or are you also interested in some other mediums.

Kargiver, I have a set of those crocheted snowflake ornaments, and I think I bought them at someplace like Christmas Tree in a package, years ago.

Pingo, my advice regarding the kittens are the same as I gave you before for the first 3 you had.  You're doing them no favor by letting them stay as is.

Off to get some things done and then to the wake.  Didn't have a chance to call re oil delivery this morning, but a few minutes ago, they came to fill my tank.  $2.54, if anyone is interested in comparing.  If it's high, don't tell me!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks tt, for your reply in the regard to the new kittens. I know you as I, are concerned. I am aware, I do them no favor to stay as is. But somehow, I did not ask for this. In 20 years, we did not have this problem. Why now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I'll jump back in at 1:30

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: November Chat:
    [QUOTE]Thanks tt, for your reply in the regard to the new kittens. I know you as I, are concerned. I am aware, I do them no favor to stay as is. But somehow, I did not ask for this. In 20 years, we did not have this problem. Why now?
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

It really doesn't make any difference that this is the first year this has happened, it has happened and needs to be dealt with.  When you think of it, calling a shelter is not such a terrible thing to have to do.  They will do the trapping and rest of it - a small donation will be expected, I'm sure.  Evidently in surrounding acreage there are cats who are reproducing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks for the offer TT..I'll tell you what I have planned so far.

I am making oversized draw string bags for wrapping. So I now have use of m sewing machine, anything real easy here. I am no brain surgeon you know

Edibles are right up my alley so, yes, edibles are always welcome

Honey is making cribbage boards out of cedar.

I was thinking to go along with this maybe I could come up with an organizer of sorts for all the "game" night acoutroimont. We know a lot of board gamers. My son included

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"I was thinking to go along with this maybe I could come up with an organizer of sorts for all the "game" night acoutroimont. We know a lot of board gamers. My son included"

I've noted all these in my little notebook.  Couldn't find acoutroimont in the dictionary, does that mean all the little pieces?  Love the idea of the cedar cribbage boards - lucky recipients of those!  Are you thinking along the lines of a cloth "acoutroimont" or something wooden?  My father was a welder and he made a metal/copper cribbage board with the little pegs stored inside the board.  There was a little (not a nail but a scr#w - wouldn't let me post that word!) that opened the end piece to get the pegs in and out. - Just an idea for your husband to consider.

There are usually a lot of sewn items.  I'd like a bib front apron that has extra long ties that you can cross in back and then bring around to tie in front - always buy one or two of those at our local Fall fair. - Am I the only one who still uses a cover up apron when cooking?  Lots of times even when eating, to avoid those drips of salad dressing on the fronts of all my tops!

Won't bother with the Y&R thread, since other than Chance being stabbed, more of the continuation of flirtation of Jack with Dr., Lily suddenly fever free, Billy being ignored by just about everyone - oh yes, and MacKenzie offering to be the surrogate mother for Lily and Cain's baby - that's a shocker - nothing new!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

A- coo-tro-mon, I tried to spell check it so I must be way off,,,Yes, all the little things that go with games. Dice ect.

The cribbage boards that Honey will make will have a compartment for the "nails" he uses for pegs.

We have been clearing and weeding out and re-organizing since the bathroom area is now done( holy moly who knew so much dust was on the planet)

But this means for me, my sewing machine can go back to a riteful place, and with him...he gains all his stuff like welders and saws and stuff that does carpentry ect.( cause the sinks ect are no longer in the garage)

We figure, Mom will be here before next Xmas

Have a great time if I don't "talk" to you before the big event

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

[QUOTE]A- coo-tro-mon, I tried to spell check it so I must be way off,,,Yes, all the little things that go with games. Dice ect. The cribbage boards that Honey will make will have a compartment for the "nails" he uses for pegs. We have been clearing and weeding out and re-organizing since the bathroom area is now done( holy moly who knew so much dust was on the planet) But this means for me, my sewing machine can go back to a riteful place, and with him...he gains all his stuff like welders and saws and stuff that does carpentry ect.( cause the sinks ect are no longer in the garage) We figure, Mom will be here before next Xmas Have a great time if I don't "talk" to you before the big event
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

accoutrement - 1 a : equipment, trappings; specifically : a soldier's outfit usually not including clothes and weapons —usually used in plural b : an accessory item of clothing or equipment —usually used in plural
    2 archaic : the act of accoutring
    3 : an identifying and often superficial characteristic or device —usually used in plural <accoutrements of power that define our diplomacy — Elizabeth Drew>

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's OK, Hats.  Icer and I have our own sort of shorthand and figure out each other's meanings - especially me with my misspellings and near misses on quotes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning, Got my one bag of leaves out just in time this morning, the truck was coming around the corner.  One down, 24 to bag and go! Sorry to hear you're in pain again, Pingo.  I do think the rise in barometric pressure has a lot to do with any aches and pains.  Our body tries to adjust to it somehow.  Hope you are able to have a quick day in work.  I'll be out and about with a friend.  Didn't get together last week, she sounded terrible.  Ended up with bronchitis and still doesn't sound that great, but she is on an antibiotic and itching to get out.,  Mothermitzi, where are you hiding these days?  I did see your brief input on Icer's "Looking for an Opinion", but miss your chatty posts. How's the cat doing?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Hi tt -

The cat is fine.  Amazing -once I switched to this very expensive food, he has not thrown up once!  He will have to be on it the rest of his life.  The female enjoys it, too.  So be it.  I am grateful he is not suffering because he was clearly ill. 

I haven't been posting because I just haven't had time.  My father's party is this weekend and everybody is coming home, so there is a lot to do in the house and preparation department.  I will be back next week and let you know how the festivities went, etc... 

Speaking of oil, that sounds like a fair price to me.  My father's last delivery was $2.49.  When he had the burner serviced two weeks ago, they told him he needs a new burner.  I'm having my brother look into it.  The one he has is 30 years old.  I have no idea if that's the lifespan of an oil burner.  He has a tankless water heater and the guy said it's leaking inside the burner itself even though there is no sign of water on the floor.  It's always something!  I just have to get through this weekend, and then we'll deal with it.  Talk to you soon.

mothermitzi

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

mm, we also spend an ungodly amount on pet food, but, like you, we know it's woth it.  Gracie is growing beautifully on it.  I hope your kitty stays well.

Sections
Shortcuts