October 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: October 2010

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

In Response to Re: October 2010:
    CAKE
    Posted by oktret3

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oktret3. Show oktret3's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Are you trying to start a word game?  They do them on the Love Letters off Topic under Word Association.  I don't think anyone wants to play here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's too funny.  He must have been scrolling and thought he was posting in the Word game thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good afternoon all, it is still raining, it makes everything so dreary...I do nothing I don't have to, just sit and read for a bit, hop up to my puzzle, and do a little work on my salt and pepper shaker file.  Pingo...nope I don't have any yard sales, I do a lot of looking, buy only books (for me and grandchildren), salt and pepper shakers and maybe a piece of costume jewelery....I re-cycle all my books with friends and the senior centers library.  I did buy a large maple wall shelf that has 30 little boxes for some salt and pepper shakers....only cost $1.00Its a little over 4ft. tall and a bit less than 2 ft wide....I also got a pr of shakers for $2, looked them up in one of my books and they are worth $15....Chicken pot pie is one of my favorites, alas, no one here likes it, so I have to end up getting it at the market, I try and get Stouffers or Boston Market frozen. 
    tt--Love the picture of Cheerio in the window...I cook a small roast chicken every one or two weeks, just love the ckn,stuffing,gravy,mashed spuds and cranberry sauce, its one of my all time favorite meals, Roast lamb is another, but thats way to costly.
    BG- When the bridge in your avatar first opened, my GS called it his, and loved it when his Mom drove over it in the dark, always wanted her to go back and do it again... 
    Kar, When we work, have children and DH to care for, we run on a very different energy level, we always seem to have time for everything.  In spite of
    the rain, I hope you all have a good day, till next time, keep smiling, SS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Gee Lemon, thanks for that link..I have always felt the sun had such a strong connection to my own overall endorphen level. Nice to know I am not alone.

TT ..I don't know if I mentioned it but it is worth repeating..I just love the new avatar of Cheerio..Do you still have to give treats at the end of a photo shoot? or is Cheerio getting a fanpage somewhere? just kidding

SS I loved the tale of your GS...I wouldn't have like the idea of having to go back over it though! I will defintly raise my fork to you 2nite when we have our chicken pot pie though

happy evening all!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Some leftover mac and cheese I had frozen, and 3 or 4 sausage links, for supper tonight.  The rain just started so heavy again - I had thought it was just about through.  16 yr. old's father stopped by to pick up her card - he and my youngest son had been fishing (in the rain).  It got too heavy for him, but diehard youngest son was still there. 

That's an idea, Icer, a Cheerio fanpage!   I too, love the lace curtain picture of her.  Reminds me of something, I'm wondering if it's misty mornings in Ireland.  No treats are needed after poses, she's a pro now!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I agree with everyone, that picture of Cheerio just makes me smile : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I too like the picture of Cheerio.  
    I saw Wicked last night and I have to say that it was WICKED GOOD!  :)  I highly recommend it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh Winter, i am so jealous!!  I love the theater and I normally take my daughter and myself every year for her birthday and to Abe & Louie's for dinner first.  Our favorite steak house.  But this year, I couldn't afford to do both with the economy and just being back to work the last year.  I do plan on seeing it if it comes again.  On the bright side, we are going to Abe & Louie's this Friday for her birthday : ) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

OMG Winter my neighbors went last week,, they came home all a buzz with Wicked tales.They couldn't say enough about it!

I'm with Amber on the jealous side lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It was fantastic.  I read the book a while ago but this was so much better.  We didn't go out to dinner beforehand.  Amber I'm jealous of Abe and Louie's though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Shaker,
    I am so envious of your collection. The bookshelves/cabinet you bought for your shakers must be looking just lovely. I think those were used at post offices once. I am sure you can find more.
    I used to collect corks and match boxes. I have boxes full of both, but I lost interest several years ago. What are they worth to me, if I cannot look at them every day.
    As for the Chicken-Pot-Pie, I always make extra. I pour the stuff in the small 5 inch foil pie plates, cover them with the crust and freeze them. Now we will have a quick lunch or dinner. Maybe you could make up a large pot for yourself and do likewise.
    I love the story about your GS and THE bridge. My niece's daughter was just like your GS. "Dad, please go back once more!" How to explain to a 5 year old, that traffic in Boston is not to be playing around with.
    You have a nice evening. - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celia2. Show Celia2's posts

Hello all. Hope every one is in good health or on the mend. It's been crazy at work for me so I've only had time to skim the boards. My work email is down so I have a few minutes.

Winter - do you think a teenager would like Wicked? We like to go to the theater as a family holiday gift but it's difficult to choose one that we all like. We've gone to some holiday shows along with Blue Man Group and Beatlemania. I was thinking going to Rock of the Ages this year. If I can't convince my family to go to Wicked then maybe I could go with my sisters.

SS - I love chicken pot pie too. I don't have time to make it from scratch any more but found a local farmers market that sells very good frozen pies. It's easy for me to pop the pie in the oven while I finish working.

Icer - you can buy special lamps to use to help you deal with SAD. A lot of people have said that it helps them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Aha tt!
    Misty mornings in Ireland - that is just it. I did say there was something mysterious about this picture. You got it so right  - Pingo

In Response to Re: October 2010:
    Some leftover mac and cheese I had frozen, and 3 or 4 sausage links, for supper tonight.  The rain just started so heavy again - I had thought it was just about through.  16 yr. old's father stopped by to pick up her card - he and my youngest son had been fishing (in the rain).  It got too heavy for him, but diehard youngest son was still there.  That's an idea, Icer, a Cheerio fanpage!   I too, love the lace curtain picture of her.  Reminds me of something, I'm wondering if it's misty mornings in Ireland.  No treats are needed after poses, she's a pro now!
    Posted by toytrumpet

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Celia2 -

I also went to 'Wicked' and enjoyed it very much.  There were two teenagers in our group - 17 and 15.  They seemed to enjoy it.  

mothermitzi  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemoncoke. Show lemoncoke's posts

Wicked

Teenaged girls love "Wicked."  By all means take them to the show, but don't buy them the book.  The author, Gregory Maguire, says it's not suitable for them.  The musical is so much better because it sticks to the high points only - how can we tell if something is good or evil - no detours into the sexual scenes, etc. in the book.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Celia, I do think a teenager what like it. How old is he/she?  I believe it's only here until next week.  Oh Rock of Ages looks great too. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I started my daughter out with Blue Man Group and Stomp to see if she would like the theater, both of which she loved.  I then took her to see Caberet, my favorite by far and she loved it!  She was 17 at the time and it got her hooked on the theater.  I think Wicked would be fine for teenagers : )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for all the support, friends.  I feel like I live from April - August and hibernate in some ways from Sept - March.  I WAS better yesterday afternoon, a testament to light therapy.  I was in the kitchen with the lights on full blast from 2 - 9 pm.  I made a raspberry pie (for tonight's dessert), stuffed pepper filling (for tonight's dinner), roasted butternut/chicken soup (appetizer), and peeled and chopped a second squash to make "fries" (which are inch cubes that I roast with olive oil, salt, pepper).  So, standing for 8 hours was a drag for my back, but the light (and heat!) seemed to help my spirits a lot.  And, as damp as it was, it wasn't bad for me to make the drive to Petco, again - they're cheery at that one.

Celia, I think a teen would love Wicked.  It's about the witches of the Wizzard of Oz when they were young so it's relatable to girls that age, I'd think.  I know the person who plays the piano for the San Fran running of Wicked, by the way.

My in-laws will be here between 1 and 3 so must get cleaning.  I did all the cooking yesterday, but the 3 bathrooms, floors...

SIL found out yesterday she needs 4 rounds of chemo.

Prayers for all,
    ~kar

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You must be exhausted Kar from 8 hours of cooking!  But I am happy to hear you are feeling better : )  Your food sounds incredible!  Yum : )  I am sorry to hear that about your SIL, chemo is rough, my BIL went through that a few years ago, but thank God all is well with him now.  I will keep her in my prayers too....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks. :)

Here's the pie - it got a little too brown (despite a pie shield), but it's not as burned as it appears in the photo, thankfully.  I usually err on the side of over-browned as I'm a freak about having the bottom of the pie dry and flakey...done all the way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Hi  I was just scanny and saw Shakersilly's comment about dreary rain. When it rains here in Phoenix I rejoice.Well some didnt because it caused some damage, but it always is a welcome relief to the heat so far as I am concerned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

yum - that raspberry pie looks delicious, kargiver.  Is it hard to make?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is anyone else getting those teeny tiny ants?  I usually see them in the Spring.  Didn't notice them this year, but when I opened my silverware drawer this morning which is next to the window saw some.  I don't have any ant spray as such, but sprayed tile cleaner in the seam that goes between the cabinet and the window wall.  That has seemed to bring even more out.  Hate using any kind of bug spray.  Just seems so strange to have them this time of year.

Sections
Shortcuts