October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

Oh, are you back?

Guess that means I've got to move -

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, which post was it?  I tried finding it Friday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't think you want to read it - 
    It's under The Commoners at the foot of the forum page - heading is Where's the Party.

ETA:  Page 5 on is where Amber and I got in on it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Here is the project.  The glue needs to dry and I have to get it in the car in the morning.  The shirt and the ball are material.  A t-shirt and a piece of felt.  He needs to put his face through the hole during his presentation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow!  That is fantastic, Winter!  Tell your son, GREAT JOB!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks.  I'll tell him.  DH had hte idea of the dots to represent people in the crowd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night tt.  Off to fold laundry and watch some TV with DH.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Winter, Yoda is so sweet! I look forward to hearing stories about his climbing, etc. It took our Stitches about a week to get comfortable, and then he decided he was king. They are so much fun. Your D.S.'s project looks great! T.t., I love Ceerios poses. I always wonder what our pets are thinking. Probably better that I don't know what Stitches is thinking. He freaked out yesterday with the parade coming down the street. When they shot off guns, he bolted under the bed. He's quite content now, sitting on a windowsill. Take care all.b.g.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  The project has been turned in.  And we've left Yoda and closed off some rooms, so he has the run of the kitchen, living room and dining room.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

NOW, he'll be able to get some exploring done!  

I know your son will get a great grade on his project.  Let us know what the reaction is at school.  

I'll bet everyone won't be able to get home fast enough today to see Yoda and what he's been into!

ETA:  This is really interesting.  Posted and couldn't see my post, so retyped and posted it again - still nothing.  Came out of Chrome completely and went back in, and there were both posts! - I'll erase one, but if you don't hear from me again today, you'll know why -

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you can clearly read Cheerio's mind - great photos!  

Winter, awesome family effort on the project, so glad we got to share in the process and see the finished product.  Hoping he gets a high grade, too.

bg, I can just imagine poor Stitches during the parade, poor little guy.  Our neighbor's dog would have been crouching under there with him.

Oh, speaking of the neighbor's dog, I finally called them, with Gracie barking like mad in the background, and asked them to coral their dog at night, that I was sick of having Gracie all wound up by his barking every night.  Haven't heard him bark all night since.  It will wear off, but we'll get a few weeks of quiet, anyway.

DH and Gracie are on their morning jaunt in the woods.  No sign of the bear here, again, but one never knows - he could be just a few feet into the woods and I'd never know it.  Probably has been 1000 times.  Gracie barks at "nothing" out there all the time.

We've got our own little peak color show surrounding the yard right now.  I'll get a photo in a bit, trying to get as many turned trees in at once as possible.

Leftover cabbage and ground turkey for lunch, pumpkin bread and seeds for snacks...we're set 'til dinner.  What will we eat when the cabbage, Brussels sprouts, pumpkins, and winter squash is gone?  Hm, that reminds me, I need to grab a couple of butternuts and roast those before dinnertime.

Have a great day, all,
    ~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hello, hello!!  Just caught up on all the weekend chat.  Good news here - no cold!  (Thx for being concerned, Kar!)  Must have just been run down.  I skipped Friday night's event and went to bed early.  Good thing becuase the rest of the weekend was super busy!  Saturday I went to Patriot's Place for some shopping, then went to the Bruins game Saturday night.  Sunday DH and I went for a ride with some friends up through the NH backroads for some leaf peeking (almost 400 miles worth of leaf peeping).  Then yesterday - what started as swithcing the summer and winter closthes turned into a whole house cleaning extravaganza.  I'm glad to be back at work to sit and rest!

Winter - Yoda is adorable!  I'm thrilled you found him.  Can't wait to hear of his shenanigans.  Bravo to you and Snowflake on the project, too!

Kar - its true everyone has a story of a chicken gone wrong.  When we were first married, I spent hours making a beautiful roast chicken and all the fixings for a Sunday dinner.  Took it out when the little popper popped up, and served it all dressed.  We cut into it, and, you guessed it - not cooked.  Turns out it wasn't a fresh chicken that I bought, but a frozen one that had defrosted just enough to fool me.  I burst into tears and DH ended up taking me out to dinner.  I since purchased a meat thermometer.  Live and learn.  =)

tt - I hope you are starting to feel better.  Its awful ho these things can linger.

BG - good to see you.  You won't get any judgment here for spoiling Stitches.  I thin all of our pets are spoiled (in a good way). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'm sure Yoda is thrilled to have the house to himself. I did shut the doors to the second floor, the downstairs bathroom and my son's room.  My DS was sad because Tuesdays are days that he stays over his dad and he said he won't get to see Yoda today..he wasn't out of hiding when we left.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Yesterday was a bit of a let down day for me. It always is, when the boys leave. Besides getting up at 3 in the morning, doesn't help much either. I did get a couple of hours more sleep, but I was still dragging all day. Today is much better.
    Winter, what a great finished project. Your son can be proud of it. Hope he will get a top grade for his idea and effort. Awesome job! Your Halloween decorations sounds spooky enough to me. No one in this neighborhood decorates like you and Icer. I have seen a couple of strings of orange lights, a few lit up pumpkins and one yard have a gravestone with RIP on it. But that is it. On the other hand, everyone go crazy at Christmas time.
    How is the cold this morning, tt? Sounds like it is a real nasty one. Can't imagine you being outside washing the house, with this cold. You must be a stubborn old lady. LOL But of course, the weather yesterday was just right for it.
    mm, how are you doing? Heard on the news yesterday, that the violence has started up again overseas. Is your son all right? You must be so worried.
    Kar, the neighbor's barking dog, is that Gracie's old boyfriend? We used to have one like that - across the street. A tiny yapping dog with a big voice. Could he keep the neighborhood awake. It was the daughter's dog. Fortunately she got married and took the dog with her. But whenever they come for a visit - like this long weekend, we have Mr. Yappy back on their deck again. Some of our other neighbors have complained, but it is not a family that care for others or listen.
    I am still amazed, how much you harvest from that small veggie patch. DH loves butternut squash. Maybe I will make him some spicy butternut soup tonight. I have not forgotten, that you wanted the recipe for my mothers apple "cake", but I have to translate it from grams to ounces. Do you by any chance have a metric scale?
    Trying to finish a couple of loads of laundry this morning, then off to work.
    You all have a great day - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Busy morning for me, so just catching up here.  I was trying to post in the worse way!  I was really not happy with the BS on the other thread. Not going to post there anymore and put Robiin on ignore.  How you and I being funny turned into those CC ladies picking on someone is hysterical. Very disappointing to read.

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Amber, in case you're reading the boards today - I just want you to know that when you tried to post on the other thread, I couldn't read any posting from you.  I don't know if others could. I see you attempted to several times, so maybe you can see what you post - but from this end, mine, anyway - nothing but the post you were replying to.  I know you were dying to get in there last night - I wish you could have too.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have a metric scale, Pingo (it has both, actually).  No worries!  Thanks for remembering.  Our garden is huge - you can't see it all in the photos because the asparagus "trees" bisects it, obscuring the back half.  Spicey butternut soup sounds delicious. 

Nov, I lol at your chicken story, thanks for sharing!  I learned on Good Eats that those popper things tend to cause overcooking (in thawed birds!), anyway, so good you switched early to a real thermometer.  My thermometer had never let me down before - it bit the bullet.  But, I'll be replacing it.  Loved how it worked...when it worked.

Mr. Yappy, Pingo - cute.  At least he is gone most of the time, now.  Yes, our barker is Gracie's ex-boyfriend.  I'd love to let them play, but her knee is still not approved for extreme torquing and pressure.  5 more weeks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in and so glad to see your post, Amber.  Worse, (I could deal with us picking on them) was the double meaning to my reference to how we sometimes thought of Ache in the old days.  I had no idea what they were talking about, good thing, actually that Ache cleared that one up, the conversation could have gone on for miles with me blythely posting along not knowing what the heck I was agreeing to!  BUT, I don't want to have to careful of every little thing or initials I post either, so like you, will stay clear of there.  They are all probably just as happy anyway, altho I do think Ache will miss the interaction with us.  (I had thought myself quite clever to use the initials DOM, thought it might be a first!)  Good to have you back on the boards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just seen this tt.  It is probably a good thing I couldn't post.  First time I really got upset on these boards. I was going to lose my cool for sure.   I don't think Robin is new to these boards. I have been a long time lurker on Commoners and Uncommoners and don't ever recall seeing her there.  But judging by their conversations, she and Ache are very familiar with each other.  Nothing but trouble over there, so I will stay here : )  Like my mother always said, "Lie down with dogs, you get fleas"

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]"Amber, when you are able to get on tomorrow, hope you'll join in on the other thread also.  I know you were trying to post something.  So aggravating." I posted this earlier, Amber, but am changing my mind.  I'll stay away from there from now on, had only posted to kabitz with Ache.  Now I'm not sure just how many "Ache's" there are, with different noms - sock puppets?  DogLady referred to herself as a "broad", and then deleted it, and Reindeergirl engaged in a conversation with me, thinking I meant something entirely different by DOM than the "dirty old man" I meant.  Different league down there, I was the innocent babe almost eaten by the wolf (probably that has a double meaning too!).  Anyway, I think we're both more with our own up here.  Looking forward to your return tomorrow. ETA:  By then the posts will probably be all deleted.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Catching the noon news and lo and behold, there they are again saying yet another study has shown a couple of chocolate bars (preferably dark chocolate) a week are good for the heart!  --  Where's my candy jar?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Dark chocolate is good for you.  Red wine is a natural blood thinner too.  Imagine that : )  Winter love the pictures of Yoga.  Give him time, he will be a part of the family in no time. BG, I had a cat bandit that loved water!  She would jump in the shower with me if the door was open.  Kar, I know you are going to enjoy your week with DH. Nice to have the company I'm sure : )  Pingo, sounds like your weekend was lovely.  I'm sure I am forgetting someone, but there was a lot of chatter to keep up with after 3 days!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here's a photo of the back half of the garden (behind the asparagus wall) that might explain how we get so much produce out of our "little" garden. ;)  And, here are some foliage shots, too, enjoy!  I'll post a couple of others in the garden thread momentarily.  Great day for taking pictures.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Great pictures, Kargiver.  Saw the ones in the gardening thread too.  That's a lot of garden for just two people.  I'm sure your husband gets a lot of satisfaction out of it tho.  Is it asparagus season yet, or has that come and gone.  I love asparagus.  With a garden that size, I'm surprised you're not raided by animals - deer - bear - fox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Well now THAT explains it, Kar!  Beautiful grounds you have!  And the perfect guard dog off to the side keeping watch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt - he does get a lot of enjoyment out of it, it's his stress relieving hobby with the bonus that it feeds us from May - November.  The asparagus is the first to come and go - all of May and into June is its season.  Then, you let the stalks grow and grow like you see pictured so it reproduces for next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, great property..and there is still plenty a room for a pool and a Hot Tub :).  I know you don't want a moose or a black bear in them.

Sections
Shortcuts