October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

Maybe for the first few days leave the bowl where it is with a little food,  but put another one in the kitchen with the most, and then gradually remove the l.r. one. Or when it's feeding time, just pick him up and put him down in front of his bowl in the kitchen.  He'll get the idea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Congratulations to you, Princess - for finally getting a break for TG. With your mother up here, it was a natural thing to happen. Do you know, where you will be going? We went to Nathaniel's at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem for their Easter Brunch this year. It was very, very nice. If I were to go out for TG, that's what I would pick. You can check their TG menu on their web site, if interested.
    But we will not be going out. I am doing it for the 43rd time this year (minus the year, we went to Texas) - But I have cut down on the number of guests. We used to be 25 - 30 people, but I just can't handle that many anymore, doing all the cooking alone. This year we will be 12 - much more manageable. And I love the fact, I can set a nice table a la GT's, use my nice china and not have all the extra tables floating around the house.
    tt, your comparison with the NH boy and the boy next door to you makes a good point. They were talking of  therapy, and as he was kept in custody of the police this time, they hopefully will get help for whoever needs it. Watching the news, one never get the entire story.
    Yeah, heard too of the "s" coming this way. They say an inch, but fortunately the surface is still warm, so it shouldn't stay.
    November, how are you and your DH doing this morning? I hope you will tell us everything went well.
    And mm, we are waiting to hear about the wedding. Hope you had a great time, and that  your foot didn't bother you to much.
    I know the giraffe issue is all done and dealt with. But I have to tell you, I dug out my youngest son's teddy bear last night (and shred a tear in the process). All this talk about stuffed comfy animals made me want to stick it in his luggage, when he leaves for England. It was so loved and worn, that I had to make a pair of shorts and a T-shirt for him to cover the worn parts. And yes, I did try to pull hard on the eyes - they were not going anywhere.
    Don't have too much on my plate today. Want to go up to Costco to get candy for Halloween. Just to have it, in case someone should stop by. Whatever is left will be devoured by our office. Will probably pick up a roasted chicken while there. That should last me for a few meals. I am running out of ideas for cooking for myself. Kar, how are you doing in that department? tt, what are you cooking tonight?
    I am off to the office. Another week to go - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm not cooking tonight, Pingo, going out to lunch, so supper will probably be the leftover Kashi's pesto pizza.

On a sad note, G.T. tells me our friend has only a couple of weeks left.  Two months ago he didn't even know he had cancer.  Now it has spread throughout all his body.  Continued prayers for a peaceful passing, please.  He's a tall, handsome man who looked the picture of health when I saw him this Spring.  You wonder God's plan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, definitely looks like Yoda is coming around. He is just so fluffy and adorable having fun with the boxes. I did find the video of my son's kitty playing w/ the box, but I couldn't post it. It is precious though. I hope you are able to get Yoda on film too. They grow so fast, and their funny kitten tricks will be long gone.
    We once brought a toy to Babu. It is only some feather looking thing in a string tied to a stick. It turned out to be one of his favorites. He drags it everywhere, put it in front of you and want to play. Thanks for the pictures - post more. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, G.T.'s friend is in my thoughts and prayers.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is so sad, tt. My prayers for him are continuing. Hope his last few months will be bearable for him and his family.  - Pingo

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    I'm not cooking tonight, Pingo, going out to lunch, so supper will probably be the leftover Kashi's pesto pizza. On a sad note, G.T. tells me our friend has only a couple of weeks left.  Two months ago he didn't even know he had cancer.  Now it has spread throughout all his body.  Continued prayers for a peaceful passing, please.  He's a tall, handsome man who looked the picture of health when I saw him this Spring.  You wonder God's plan.
    Posted by toytrumpet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, so sad to hear about GT's friend.  How scary a couple of weeks. How do you mentally deal with that? I will of course pray for a peaceful passing.  I love the picture of Cheerio.  You are stronger than me, I can never move my guys when they are sleeping that good.  I have actually made my bed around them.  chuckle...  Winter you can really tell how adjusted Yoda has become and he def looks heavier.  So cute...  Nov, hope all is well with your husband. I have been feeling a bit down lately, so not much to contribute, just wanted to check in.  Have a good day everyone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Aha!  Now the plot is revealed!  Pretty Baby is the front man who comes and begs and coaxes until a little kibble is put down, then he walks away, and that is the signal - - - - a chipmunk comes and fills her pouches!  They are in cahoots!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone!  Good news - DH's surgery went great and he came through it with flying colors!  Turns out it was not the miniscus at all but something (a piece of cartiledge or bone spur likely) had dislodged and was floating around in his knee causing all the problems.  They yanked it out and now he will have a quicker than expected recovery!  woo hoo!  He is a little queasy today from all the meds, but nurse Jax is right there by his side to get him through it.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  It was a long morning, then a busy afternoon adn I crashed early.

I need to finish catching up on the posts, but back to the giraffe...

http://www.amazon.com/Vulli-Sophie-the-Giraffe-Teether/dp/B000IDSLOG

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Novem.  Glad to hear everything went well with less invasive surgery than expected.

Thanks for Sophie, I did see her at  Babies and also at the Paper store.  It is unbelievably small, not enough to put in a bag singly as a gift, I felt, more like something you'd tie on the top of a gift package.  I'll have someone else with me shopping today, so maybe they'll point me in a different direction that I can find something - 2 heads are better than 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Before I go out, which should be any minute, wanted to say I hope you're feeling better, Amber.  Tried to give you a little chuckle with my chipmunk escapades, even captured a picture fleetingly, but that darn delayed flash.  Pretty cute with her little cheeks all puffed out.  Chat later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, darn!  Thought I had the solution.  "A" for effort, right?

Forgot in earlier post - thank you all again for thinking of DH and me yesterday.  =)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    Oh, darn!  Thought I had the solution.  "A" for effort, right? Forgot in earlier post - thank you all again for thinking of DH and me yesterday.  =)
    Posted by Novembride

I know.  Everyone has really  tried.  Problem is I had my heart set on that one I found.  Oh well, on to bigger and better things.  They also had one of those little square things the kids rub their cheeks and noses with and he had a little giraffe of sort on the top, but that too was miniscule and I couldn't bring just that in a bag.  Have gotten her bigger things already, and want to contribute to something they need for their new house, so want to keep this card/gift down to a cute minimum.  Just the right thing will pop up, I'm sure.  Thanks for the thoughts and effort - everyone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

The chipmunk story did make me smile : )  Thanks ttt..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Problem is I had my heart set on that one I found---

tt, how about going back and pick it up to save it for later? It will be a lovely gift someday. When you then will look for it, you won't find it. 
    Enjoy your lunch - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I can picture the little chipmunk stealing the kibble.  :) 
    Novem, glad your DH has a quicker recover than he thought.  I woke up and found out a had a longer recovery time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies.  Pingo, 10 frozen snickers?  Youza!  I feel better about my cookie dough, but man, I did a number on myself.  Sorry you're lonesome, too. tt, good idea to call someone tonight instead of making myself ill, again...I froze the leftovers so temptation is right there.  rdg, your DD is 13?  Time does fly.  My SIL just sent her twins to college; she's going through empty nesting but adjusting better than she thought she would.

My "miracle drug" is making me ill (I'll spare you the details) on top of what I did with the cookie dough.  I'm in a world of hurt this morning...

Just got the fire going, finally, and Gracie is sacked out just inches away from it, again.  Yes, she is good company; I'd be totally lost without her.  The heat feels nice; I can feel my fingers and toes, again.

Prin-cal, so sorry to hear your traditions must change.  It's a big loss in one way, but hopefully what you do end up doing will be fun and rewarding for everyone including you.

It's drizzly...are we going to get snow?  Feels like it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pngo - thanks for you kind words and the suggeston.  The Hawthorne looks great, but a bit out of our way.  I think we are going to go to the Cafe Escadrille in Burlington.  Gotta make reservations soon!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Excellent pick Cal!  The Escadrille has delicious food, and IMO, it always feels special to eat there.  Must go back to the days of dressing up (still do to go there) to have lunch with my great aunt. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think I may be hosting TG, but just 4 or 5 of us.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Princess, Cafe Escadrille is an excellent choice. I just mentioned Hawthorne in case you hade no clue on where to go, which often happen to me. The Escadrille do have a private room, but you need to book it sooner than later, if it isn't already booked. Ask for it and you may luck out. We have used for office gatherings. It is so much nicer to sit there, instead of the noisy restaurant.

Sorry Kar, that you are not feeling up and up. What happened to the miracle drug?  Twins in college - at the same time? OMG - I am glad mine were 3 years apart. Hope they will get a lot of scholar ships or have some rich uncle tucked away somewhere. College is an expensive deal these days.

Hope you are having good luck today, tt. Please do share w/ us, what you finally decide on.

Had a tough time to get in touch w/ DH today. It is their "Christmas" - so all the lines going there were busy. But all is well. He is as miserable as I am and want to come home. He will meet PB son in London and they will go together to Birmingham to look for a place for son to stay come January. Nice it worked out that way. Will be back next Wednesday.

So miserable cold and drizzly out. Really, really October weather. Nice to have the heat on.  Stay warm - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The miracle drug is still doing its miracle thing as far as the UTI goes.  The side effects, though...ugh.  It feels like a stomach bug.

I didn't know any culture celebrated Christmas in October - interesting.  Glad you got through, finally.  It's nice to connect.  Next Wednesday?  Goodness, that's a long time.

Just put more wood on the fire.  It's only 65 in here - must be cold and raw out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

Amber,

Could you please let me know when Housewives of New Jersey is on and what
    channel?  I watched a few episodes months ago and now can't seem to find
    when it airs. Would love to watch it again.

Thanks so much!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You can probably catch repeats as the season has already ended or watch in On Demand if you have Comcast.  It was on the Bravo Network, channel 57 if you have Comcast.  The real housewives of Bevely Hills is now on and that is just as crazy : )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

OMG, Amber!  Just realized your sig attributes internet savvy to Abe Lincoln.  LoL.  (Or I'm going to look like a total idiot when soemone points out it is a different AL).

Sections
Shortcuts