October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

Just connected with my son, the new Grampy.  Had called my GD to see how things were going and it went right to her voice mail.  I thought there was probably a houseful of people, and thought it odd no one picked up.  Then I began to worry that something was wrong with GD or baby and called my son's cell - which went to his voice mail.  Pacing the floors here, and he just called back.  He and his wife have the baby out walking, to give GD a chance to lay down and nap.  Everything is good with both baby and Mom.  They went back for a check up this morning and doctor is pleased with his progress.  As with a lot of new babies, he has his days and nights mixed up, but this beautiful fresh air has knocked him right out.  --  I was thinking, quite a difference from when I had my kids, we didn't dare take them out other than dr.'s appt. until they were baptised, didn't matter the time of year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, I can just imagine it, Pingo!

tt, what a scare - how nervewracking it is to not be able to reach someone you expect to be available.  Glad to know they are all OK, after all.  Last time DH went to Maine for work (7 hour drive), without telling a soul he decided to take a hike along the way and pushed his arrival time out by 2 hours.  His cell wasn't on, he didn't call me or the hotel - didn't think of it.  Well, when he got to the hotel he realized his mistake when the first thing the lady at the front desk told him was, "You're wife's been calling...."  Rt 95 is very dark and desolate that far north - I imagined the worst.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello everyone.  I'd like everyone to meet Yoda.  He is all greay and 9 weeks old, a little under 3 pounds..and he's currently hiding under the desk sleeping.  We got him from the kitty connection's adoption program at PetCo today.  Here are a couple of pictures he allowed me to take.  I'll try to get more. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My son's project is coming along.  We have the drawing done and the shirt is almost done, we just need to iron on the numbers.  We will do a little painting tonight and then finish it up tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhhhh, congratulations on your new addition!  Yoda (for the green eyes?) is adorable and soooo lucky to be adopted by a loving family.

Sounds like you're well on your way to a great shirt!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, how sweet he is.  Nice shiney fur, what's his story?  Where did he originally come from?  The Petco on route 1 has cats that they get from a Malden shelter, I believe, that are up for adoption.  Usually, there's a sheet attached to the window telling the story of each one.  Poor little guy looks tramatized right now, probably wondering if he'll be staying here or left again.  What a difference you'll see in him in even a week once  he realizes this will be his permanent home.  Congratulations to you and to Yoda.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

winter, congratulations on your latest addition!  He is so cute.  I bet he will be a big boy, judging from the size of his paws.  Love the name you chose, too.  We had a grey cat once - white paws and white bib.  We called him Smokey - not very original but that was the name my son gave him.   

mothermitzi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and welcome Yoda! Cute little kitten. Huge ears and paws.
    Yea, I am up really early this morning. Took son to the airport yesterday, but due to a storm in Houston, his flight was delayed and he would miss his connection. So he called us - please come and pick me up. Fortunately, we had barely left the airport area. Got an extended visit, but had to get up this ungodly hour to get him off this morning at 6. They just left - and I am going back bed to see if I can get a few more hours of ZZZzzzzs. Chat later - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the wishes about Yoda.  Yoda came from the kitty connection in Medford.  We breakfast at a place every Sunday and the owner's daughter fosters cats for them.  She told us there was an event at PetCo in Woburn yesterday.  When he was found he was 6 weeks all alone. He's been with her since. He's 9 weeks now and a little under 3 pounds.  I guess he was treated for ear mites, but we were told that he should not get those again.  He's very shy right now, and I've found him under the couch.  He did eat his wet food last night.  He has been Neutered and he needs to have another vaccination in a couple of weeks.  We have an animal hospital down the street, so I will give them a call. I'm a big Star Wars fan, so the name was going to come from there.  My son wanted us to get the black one and name him Vadar, but she was 5 weeks and too young to be left alone more then 4 hours. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lucky Yoda.  Before long he'll be climbing, looking for a perch to survey his world from.  Charlie used to leap to the counter and from there to the top of the fridge and sleep in the very back corner against the chimney wall!  Cheerio still jumps from my bed to the chevrobe (sp?) and looks around quite regally - that's the highest she can leap!  Another thing he might like that Charlie (also an abandoned kitty) did, was a box (not too big) with an old soft towel all fluffed up to sleep in.  I used to put the box itself in the corner against the walls (so nothing could sneak up on him) and he would curl up quite content in there and sleep.  Gets him used to not "hiding" yet feeling safe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll give the box a try.  My DS came down forst this morning and Yoda was eating his kibble...took one look at him and ran under the couch.  At least he ate, he wouldn't touch it yesterday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]I'll give the box a try.  My DS came down forst this morning and Yoda was eating his kibble...took one look at him and ran under the couch.  At least he ate, he wouldn't touch it yesterday.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

I think that's natural.  He probably had just gotten used to his prior home, and did she have other cats too?  This is a big change for him.  When I had to give Charlie to my son's MIL because of his actions towards Cheerio, she said he spent the better part of a week under or behind the couch.  There was a lot more activity with people going in and out of her house and he was plain scared.  She said at night he would walk around crying (looking for me, she thought).  She hung her hand over the side of her bed, and he went over and let her just pat the top of his head.  It's a different story now - she wakes up with him sleeping on the top of her head!

Trying a toy attached to a string on a rod that you can wiggle on the floor in front of him coaxing him out from under the couch will help too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

MM, good to see your post.  No decorations, huh?  How will I know it's your house when I'm out trick or treating?  I'm still deciding on what and how much to buy this year.  A couple of years ago I only had 6 or 8, but I think last year it was 20.  Leaning towards the whoppers - I love them.  Careful these days not to buy the candies that have nuts in them, so many kids can't or don't eat them.

Procrastinating - got to shower and dress and get the car down to the garage for winterizing this morning.  Hope they don't have it tied up all day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I used a box this size, picked it up at Costco on the way out.  Keep this one for Cheerio's toys now.  She likes to lay in it in the sun sometimes and just push against the sides, resting her chin on the edge.

I sent Charlie's along with him to his new home.  He always liked to chew on the edges as his new teeth came in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes the woman had other cats because she fosters cats until they are adopted.  I figure in a couple of days he'll come out.  I heard his collar last night and this morning, so I know he was exploring.  He's just so soft and I enjoyed the moments in sat in my lap yesterday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning Winter,
    Sounds like Yoda had a pretty uneventful night. Good he is eating. Oh, those boxes. Kittens love them. We have some pretty funny videos of our sons kitties, playing with and in boxes. They will take any size, shape or form. I will see if I can dig one of them up and try to post it. Nice you can stay at home with him today.
    How are you doing with the school project, now that you have something to distract you? Will we see a photo of the finished project? - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi Pingo and good morning.  DS has painted the body and we made the shirt last night.  He has to work on the background, which he's like a scoreboard and a hoop.  For the basketball, we have some orange felt and I think we can puff it up by putting cotton balls in it.  I will take a picture of it tonight when it's finished.  The body is drying now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I posted a picture of Halloween decorations in that thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

DH is out with Gracie on this gorgeous morning after enjoying a leisurely cuppa with me over the news.  So nice to have him home!

Great you had an extended wonderful visit, Pingo - hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Winter and tt, I'm enjoying the kitty posts.  Keep the stories and pics coming!

Nov, how was the weekend?  Hope you weren't down and out with a cold.  

tt, how is yours?  You must be feeling a lot better by now.

The thing about DH being home is I do have to prepare lunch when usually I just grab something quick and easy, no mess, for myself.  Oh, well, it's definitely worth it.  

Well, I should get a pumpkin in the oven to make another batch of bread - we're down to the last slice.  And, I'll be taking Gracie to the bank later.  She loves it and is a super star there.  What else...the bathrooms, definitely.  DH will most certainly be busy outside when he gets home.

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Dropped the car off, got a ride back home, and now my coffee.  Your son's project for school sounds a lot more advanced than I ever could have worked on with my kids.  I suppose it's good for them, fosters creativity and thinking outside the box. Hope you do post a pic before he takes it in tomorrow.  Saw your Halloween pic on the Halloween thread, and commented over there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I don't believe banks are open today.  I work for a bank.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Here is the t-shirt.  I don't sew, so we bought a red t-shirt at JoAnn's and we cut it into a tank top shape.  DH worked with DS to print out the letters and DS ironed it on with assistance.  He messed up just a little on one of the numbers, but he is 11 after all.  We will be gluing this to the body later. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow, that is great, Winter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

This was the first picture we got of Yoda.  He was laying on me briefly and my son got the shot.