October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October 2011

Love the shirt, Winter!  Nice family team. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar.  I was woken up today by a strange sound.  Come to find out it was a helicopter flying over as there was a very bad early morning house fire.  Not too close to me, but enough to hear the helicopter flying over head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, he wants to snuggle, just not quite sure yet.  Bet he'll come around in no time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I think so too tt.  He was hiding in his litter box last night, and we decided that it was not good as he won't want to use it, so DH got him and gave him to me, he purred for me and I placed him in his bed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Too bad about the fire; I hope no one was hurt on top of all the damage it does to the home.

Yoda is warming up - I'm sure by this time next week he'll understand he's safe, loved, and not going anywhere...no more hiding in the litter box or under the couch, but perching like Cheerio for fabulous photo ops. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The news says nobody was hurt, but 8 people are withougt a place to live.  Yes by this time next week I'll be writing...how do I get my kitten from not climbing up the curtains..lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Life can change in a split second...we never know.  Counting blessings right now!

Yeah, he'll be into everything soon enough! ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

raised hand - "I know the answer to that - I know the answer to that"!  Watch Animal Planet occasionally, and there is a pet doctor who goes to homes with extreme behaviour cases in cats - if they are climbing curtains/drapes, they are trying to get to a high place, their natural instinct to be high and survey their kingdom.  Hence, shelves, mantles that they are allowed to be able to get to and "survey".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---I'll be taking Gracie to the bank later.----

Kar, the banks are closed today - it's Fed. holiday - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, thanks for the reminder, Pingo.  Non-monumental holidays are not on my radar anymore.

Gracie and DH just returned, and she is soaked and happy from another Fall swim.  He found a tick on his sock so I guess the warmer weather has brought them out, again.  Must inspect Gracie, of course, but her black coat makes it hard to spot the little demons...

DH is picking a cabbage right now for lunch. :)

I'm on a serious fruit fly killing spree after the pumpkin on the dining table rotted.  They like wine...hahahahahahahahahahaha! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October 2011 : tt, how is your cold?  Better I hope.  I think I read in an earlier post you were thinking of going out to search for items for your Christmas baskets.  Nice day for it today.  I took today off and just closed the office.  My boss is still away, but I have the beeper and phone in case of emergency.   No, not many Halloween decorations here.  I put a big lighted pumpkin in the front attic window.  That's about it. Haven't bought any candy yet. My father gets plain Hershey bars and I buy milky ways and m&m's.  I love Reeses's, so I don't buy any because I'll eat the leftovers!  Because I usually host Thanksgiving, I have a lot of Thanksgiving "stuff."  Reminds me, I better find out what's going on for Thanksgiving.  Not far away. Enjoy the day everybody. mothermitzi 
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Car is tied up at the garage as of right now, so I'm here, bemoaning this darn cold that just hangs on and on.  Drying up in my head, sort of, but still the full cough, and draggy feeling today.  I'll have to remind myself to hydrate every hour.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

That's right tt.  Plenty of water and juice.  Allergies are bad this year, too. Hopefully, your car will be ready soon.  Can't imagine it takes very long to winterize, but then again, I'm not a mechanic.  Take care.

mothermitzi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]That's right tt.  Plenty of water and juice.  Allergies are bad this year, too. Hopefully, your car will be ready soon.  Can't imagine it takes very long to winterize, but then again, I'm not a mechanic.  Take care. mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

It's having an oil change too, and some squeaks and chirpings looked at.  When I drove in this morning there were a dozen or more cars and I asked if he'd rather I leave it another day.  I should have said, if it's going to be tied up all day I'll leave it another day.  He's a good guy tho, brings me back home and picks me up when it's done and always fits me in.  I could see he had extra help today for the pumps, so imagine that's why he told me to bring it in today.  Gives me time to watch Y&R anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Too bad that your car is tied up tt.  My son has started to paint the basketball floor.  I think it's coming out pretty good.  I had this great idea for hte basketball piping, but I don't think it's going to work.  :(

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope your son gets a good grade for this project, Winter.  He should, for all the work and thought that is going into it.

How's Yoda this afternoon?  I remember going into the room and seeing Charlie sitting in his litter  box when I first got him too.  Guess he felt comfortable, that that was something of his.  I picked him up and did the same as you, put him in his little bed/box.  Poor little guy, really confused.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Car got back to me mid afternoon, but by then I decided to use the warm day to mop off the algae on the back siding.  For some reason, it wasn't as easy to come off as it has been other years.  Can't remember when I used before, thought it always was a little cleaner with hot water, the mop, and then hose it down.  One patch still to be done, but will have to wait until another day, possibly tomorrow.

Burger and roll thawing out for supper, may get around and put it on now.  Hope I can successfully cook it without splattering all over the stove I just cleaned this morning.

Amber, when you are able to get on tomorrow, hope you'll join in on the other thread also.  I know you were trying to post something.  So aggravating.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Car got back to me mid afternoon, but by then I decided to use the warm day to mop off the algae on the back siding.  For some reason, it wasn't as easy to come off as it has been other years.  Can't remember when I used before, thought it always was a little cleaner with hot water, the mop, and then hose it down.  One patch still to be done, but will have to wait until another day, possibly tomorrow. Burger and roll thawing out for supper, may get around and put it on now.  Hope I can successfully cook it without splattering all over the stove I just cleaned this morning. Amber, when you are able to get on tomorrow, hope you'll join in on the other thread also.  I know you were trying to post something.  So aggravating.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it was YOUR house TT...Wasn't it last year that GT wrote a poem about you cleaning the algae only to find that you had cleaned someone else!!! Cracked me up

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG - I'd forgotten all about that, Icer.  That was funny.  I think my DIL saved it on one of those little thumbnail things?  But I don't know how to use them, do you?  Do I just put it in and click on whatever I want to print/copy?  Or do I have to be in a special program?  If I could find it I would reprint it, just for a laugh for all of us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think if you insert the thumb drive into the computer a window should appear with the files contained therein.  I hope you can find the poem!

Good day for outside chores, but algae mopping doesn't sound like too much fun especially with a cold.

I think I just saw the fire you mentioned, Winter, on TV - was it a white triple decker?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll give it a shot.  If I never return, you'll know I did something to really mess up the computer.

ETA:  It wasn't on there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I think it was.  I've never seen the house before the video I saw today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tonight they showed a house in Dorchester, but earlier they showed a house in another town, that I think you were referring to, Winter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

There were two blazes, one in Stoneham and one in Lynn. Both, I believe, white buildings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Amber, when you are able to get on tomorrow, hope you'll join in on the other thread also.  I know you were trying to post something.  So aggravating."

I posted this earlier, Amber, but am changing my mind.  I'll stay away from there from now on, had only posted to kabitz with Ache.  Now I'm not sure just how many "Ache's" there are, with different noms - sock puppets?  DogLady referred to herself as a "broad", and then deleted it, and Reindeergirl engaged in a conversation with me, thinking I meant something entirely different by DOM than the "dirty old man" I meant.  Different league down there, I was the innocent babe almost eaten by the wolf (probably that has a double meaning too!).  Anyway, I think we're both more with our own up here.  Looking forward to your return tomorrow.

ETA:  By then the posts will probably be all deleted.

Sections
Shortcuts