October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: October 2011

Last night as he let me hold him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!  (Sorry, Nov, didn't see your post before I responded initially.)  I know, we could have lots back there, but...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, sweet baby.  He looks so much lighter than in the other pictures.  Is the tip of his nose really that color, not pink?  Does he like to snuggle up under your chin? Charlie loved that.  I would hold him up on my chest and his head would tuck right under my chin.  Cheerio was a year and a half when I adopted her, so none of these things applied - that's why I'm always talking about Charlie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yoda look soooo soft and fluffy!  What a doll.  He looks really happy with you there Winter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What a beauty Winter and he looks so soft and cuddly..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, yes his nose his grey. That's his color, a pretty grey.  Someone at PetCo said he looked like a Russian Blue, but since he was abandoned we have no idea.  I will admit that he didn't catch my eye at first, but when I picked him up he just looked up at me with those gorgeous green eyes.  And he is soft and fluffly.  I'm actually allergic, but my doctor said I'd get used to him in a couple of weeks, it's well worth it.  He has to get checked by our vet and get another vacanation next week.

tt, I havent tried snuggling like that with him yet. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awwwww, it's not even taking a whole week. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, it's usually the cats that pick us, Amber.  He knew a good home to go to when he saw it.

Hope you get over your allergy to him.  Try to remember to wash your hands after you've been handlng him, before touchng your face at all.  They do shed, and daily vacuuming or lint brushing of furniture where he's been, will probably help too.  I had pet hair allergies as a kid, but we always had both a cat and dog, so I guess I gradually outgrew them.  Even now tho, if I touch my nose or eyes after handling Cheerio - I'm in trouble with swelling eyes, or filling nose.  Worth it.

Bet your son is dying to get back to see him tomorrow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I googled Russian Blue, and among its characteristics was the following info:

"Anecdotal evidence suggests that the Russian Blue may be better tolerated by individuals with mild to moderate allergies. There is speculation that the Russian Blue produces less glycoprotein Fel d 1, one source of cat allergies. The thicker coat may also trap more of the allergens closer to the cat's skin"

so, looks as tho you made a good choice.  He does look just like the pics, including a kitten pic, under the Wiki site.

4 months old Russian Blue male

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Winter - I'm not sure what kittens get into (the others can help me out here), but if they're anything like puppies, you may want to consider pet insurance, especially for the first year and nto nowing his background.  Also, talk to your vet about whether its worth it.  It takes about two weeks to kick in once you apply.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi Everyone
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello.  Unfortunately I have been having health issues again and haven't been posting much.  However, I have been trying to keep up with the updates - I look forward to it!

Winter -I just wanted to congratulate you on Yoda.  What a cutie! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that does look like Yoda only the eye shape is different.  I haven't heard him talk yet.  He does purr when you pet him, those long strokes that go down his body.  Novem, I'll ask the Vet, but don't think DH would be keen on the pet insurance, but maybe.  PC, sorry you haven't been feeling well and thanks for the wishes about Yoda.  How's Buster feeling?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Princess I hope everything is ok and you feel better soon.  Always nice when you pop in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry you're under the weather again, Princess.  Pop in when you feel able.  We always look forward to your posts.  Yes, how is Buster doing?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thanks for your thoughts.  On a good note, Buster is doing GREAT!!  His personality is back and he is just such a doll.  His pesky little brother likes to have his playmate back too! Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ah, yes, pet insurance - good idea to think about that.

pc, so good to see you but sorry to hear you're not well right now.  thanks for checking in, and we all hope to see you again more soon, feeling better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, what a cutie that little grey Yoda is. November's advice with pet insurance is not a bad idea at all. Especially, when you get it from the start. My son didn't think he would need it, but his 3 year old Kitty now has a liver disease  and my son and DIL are kicking themselves, they didn't take the insurance, when they got the kitten. They are now spending arm and leg on vet visits and special food for him. But they love him to death and say he is worth it.
    Nice to see you popping in Princess. Sorry you are not feeling well again. How is mom doing? Can you still visit with her every Saturday and take her out? Hope you will fell better soon. Hugs! Nice to hear Buster is his old self again. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We've spent about $5000 in medical bills for Gracie in 2 years, and pet insurance would have cost $2400 in that time; it's $100/month for a Lab.  $100/month for 12 years (her lifespan) would be $14,000.  Worth it?  I hope she doesn't need over $9000 worth of medical attention over the next 10 years, although, you never know.  Not sure if they charge less per month for a cat, but for us, I go back and forth between wishing we had had it from the beginning and thinking it wouldn't have been worth it if you consider the cost over her whole life.

That's great news about Buster, PC!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Think I will make sort of an unstuffed stuffed cabbage for supper.  Have a quarter wedge of cabbage left in crisper, will boil that, and heat a couple of already cooked mtballs in sauce, then make a bed of cabbage with some cooked brown rice and the mtballs and sauce over all.  Have so much in freezer, trying not to go shopping this week, except at the end I'll have to get fresh milk, but otherwise, use up some stuff I already have on hand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have PT tonight, so I'm sure we will get something quick when I get home. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just went out for some beer to make a beer batter to coat the last of the green tomatoes DH picked today before ripping up the plants.  I better have one first as quality control, don't you think?  We'll be having stuffed peppers tonight, and I better get on those - they always take longer than I think they should.

Enjoy the cabbage, tt, did my row of cabbages inspire you? lol We have cabbage coming out our ears.  Had it again for lunch today.  One big cabbage yields about 3 meals for us.

GL with PT, Winter - how is it going?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It probably was your pic of the cabbage row that got me thinking along that line!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just ate, and it was delicious.  Love my cabbage anyway, and this really was like an open cabbage roll.  So, if it was your row of cabbages, Kargiver, thank you!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

tt,

I do believe calling someone a dom (dominant) is not as bad as calling someone a dirty old man. Really, you need a healthy dose of levity sometimes. Watery apple crisp with too much whipped cream is not always filling.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Also, I don't trust anyone with a spotless home.

Some of you used to be fun. Now you've become just as kvetchy as Thursby. Who mindlessly posts about DWTS, just as some of you mindlessly - or shall I say mindfully - post about how your loose apple crisps beat anyone else's.

I loved CC back in the day. Now you have this "us against them" mentality. I suggest 20 weeks in counseling.

Sections
Shortcuts