October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: October 2011

Pingo, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you give Kohl's a chance.  Some of the stuff can be pricey (f.ex. the Vera Wang line  - worht it IMO), but you can really luck out on the clearance racks sometimes.  I'm always finding nice work tops for $9 or $12.  They often have sales and you can get coupons.  They are really good about returns and exchanges, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar,

What picture of food are you referring to?  I don't see it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I thought the same thing - not a picture of food - the description of ingredients in the cat food package Winter posted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh, that explains it!  thanks tt : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I've been swamped today at work and I;m headed out to a work function tonight, I'm the acting photographer, but I get a steak dinner.  I hope everyone has a great eveing, I'll post in the morning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a good time - happy picture snapping!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Winter - are you a professional photographer? Never imagined that. You sound like a wonderful stay at home mom - if you could. Enjoy your steak dinner.
    Amber, love your new foot note. Those few words say a lot. I know, you are referring to another thread, but they are so  actual in today's world. - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Have fun playing photographer tonight Winter!  Hope it is a task you enjoy and not one you were saddled with.

Funny exchange about the food picture tt and amber.  I though the same thing at first and scrolled back to find the picture!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, a steak dinner for some photos sounds good to me!  My company outing is in November on a Sunday, in New York where the parent company is.  So my manager is thinking of us Boston employees, 5 of us, should carpool on that day.  Do I want to spend a Sunday 8 hours on the road, get back late at night to go to work Monday morning?  Umm... no.  I suggested us 5 do something here but that fell on deaf ears.  They had the company Christmas party in NY last year too.  We got a pizza.  Can you tell I am not feeling my job?  LOL!
    I'm glad everyone likes my new signature.  My way of expressing myself without getting into it on the other thread. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Kar, What picture of food are you referring to?  I don't see it?
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I've only had a few seconds here and there today to check in - Winter asked my opinion about a list of cat food ingredients, lol. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It's ok, it kept us all busy looking for the picture!  LOL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm glad everyone likes my new signature.  My way of expressing myself without getting into it on the other thread. 

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

Oh, I thought it was in reference to the posts that were made on our thread this morning.  Here I was, thinking it was in defense of me, and felt pretty good about that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It was tt.  It was in defense of both of us actually from the other thread and the the dribble that was on this one this morning. My way of letting them know how rude they are.  Make sense?

ETA: Sorry, should have said this thread and the other one : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Amber and tt - I definitely thought it was a reference to the "other " thread. They have no class over there. And then one of them barge in on us to tell us we are mindless and refer to a "watered down apple crisp". Where the heck did that come from?
    I would have a lot to say "over there". But I don't want to be insulted. So I stopped posting there a long time ago. I like it much better here. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I missed your post yesterday, PrinCal.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  I'm sure Buster and Spence are doing thier best to lift your spirits in the meantime!  Sending thoughts and prayers your way, friend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Also, I don't trust anyone with a spotless home. Some of you used to be fun. Now you've become just as kvetchy as Thursby. Who mindlessly posts about DWTS, just as some of you mindlessly - or shall I say mindfully - post about how your loose apple crisps beat anyone else's. I loved CC back in the day. Now you have this "us against them" mentality. I suggest 20 weeks in counseling.
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

Mindless, huh? Hmmm...

Well, okay, I wont argue with you, plank. You may even be right. I'm not sure

But mindless as opposed to what? You mean compared to the thoughtful, enlightened, relevent, important discourse that takes place between you and your fellow Love Letters Idiots everyday? Haha

Keep on plankin', birdbrain...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

For the record: I was not rude in the other thread

Thank you

ETA: And neither was Robin

I dont know what youre talking about actually

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

posted at 10/12/2011 5:44 PM EDT
    First: 1/1/2010
    Last: 10/12/2011
    For the record: I was not rude in the other thread

Thank you

ETA: And neither was Robin

I dont know what youre talking about actually                     

------------

tt referred to you as a DOM [sic]. I thought she meant dominant. tt said she meant dirty old man, which, in my view, is not nice. tt got into a hissy about my interpretation of DOM [sic]. I thought that was self-righteous, so I called her out on the pic of her crisp. I thought the self-congratulations that make their treacly round here are much more annoying than calling someone a DOM [sic], as in dominant. But less annoying than calling someone a dirty old man, which is what tt said she meant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Actually she said nothing about your "interpretation" of DOM. Her only remark to you in the entire thread was, "You lost me on those two", after you said you thought I was a "brat kind of sub". She probably thought you were comparing me to a sausage sandwich...

So nothing "hissy" or "self righteous" about that

I did find your apple crisp post to be random and funny however. Even though your stated reason for posting it is dubious...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache, was wondering about you. Seems you left us and my turkeys "cold turkey" LOL. The count as of this morning is 23.
    I didn't want to get involved with the "other" thread. I don't feel, I belong there. The use of language is beyond my leaned vocabulary. But please do tell me, what is so funny about an Apple Crisp. I make it all the time, and it is delicious.
    After few head-ons, I think you and I have accepted each other. ??? At least I have come to appreciate your humor; maybe it is one sided.
    That Robin is another thing. I know, she is your pal, but why is  she always so defensive? You seems to know her a lot better than we. Dealing with your humor, she shouldn't be. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, pingo

Nothing intrinsically humorous about an apple crisp, but when reindeerplank in the other thread posted "Leave tt alone. She keeps a spotless home, and makes her relatives eat watery apple risp", it struck me as funny, because on the one hand, she is defending trumpet, while on the other she is slamming her. Keeping a tidy home is generally thought to be a virtue, but reindeerplank makes it sound like a vice or a character flaw. And the image of trumpet forcing family members to eat water-logged crisp...I dont know. It just made me laugh. Hard to explain

Sorry to hear about your turkeys. 23, huh? You had 25 back in May. So basically no change over the past five months. Ugh. I feel as if I have failed you. If you would like me to raise an army, I will be at your house tomorrow, musket in hand. Just say the word, pingo, and I'll be there

As for Robin, I dont see her as defensive. She just got on the bad side of some of the women in the Pets forum. I do believe though that she genuinely loves all animals and only wants what is best for them 

Peace

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

What a commute with this rain!  But it is not cold or windy, so won't complain too much.  Just manuvering around the large puddles in Boston is a challenge.  DD and I had dinner last night and caught up.  I woke up thinking it was Friday.  Wishful thinking much?  Will be giving my house a good cleaning Saturday as I have a couple of good friends coming over Saturday night for apps and drinks.  Should be fun. I love when my housework is all done and I can relax on Sunday.  I don't know how anyone can have a dirty home. There is a big difference between clutter and dirt. Yuck!  I always found anyone who makes remarks about someone being clean, usuallly has a dirty home because they are too lazy to clean it.  My former SIL's home is that way and she always made a crack about my house being clean.  I use to laugh at her : )
    Well, I hope everyone has a good day and stay dry!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

This gives new meaning to"cross thread"

Sections
Shortcuts