October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

Good morning,

Sitting here freezing, wondering how many notches I'll have to push that thermostat up before the heat clicks on.  Glad I cancelled appt I had this morning, don't want to go out in this pouring rain.  Instead, thinking about making hermits.   Most everyone on this thread would be welcome to come, sit, have a cup of coffee or tea, and chat back and forth with me while they're baking.  Am going to check the book that came with the stove tho to make sure the shelves haven't gotten moved around from where they should be.  Last couple of batches of cookies have come out softer than I like.  Either wrong shelf position, oven temp is off, or my using mixer to beat them instead of the wooden spoon method, has made a change.  Looked for an oven temp checker yesterday, but will have to go to BBB or some such place and pick one up.

Winter, how did you do as the roving photographer last night?  And, of course, how is Yoda doing?

Amber, enjoy your company this week-end.  I too, enjoy a clean, also picked up house.  Came from a neat home, enjoy a neat home, and make no apologies for that.  Cheerio on the other hand, drags some of her toys/blankie squares from one room to another and just lets them drop where they may!  There they stay until her next excursion, or until I pick them up and put them back in her box.

Think it's time for another cup of coffee for me, and maybe get showered and dressed in layers - AND push the heat up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]This gives new meaning to"cross thread"
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

Yes, referring to posts (and not accurately by Reindeergirl) on The Commoners thread.  I went down there to kabitz back and forth with Ache.  I enjoy his wit, but won't post there again.  I was glad to see he felt comfortable enough to post here last night.  He is a funny guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm pretty sure we've made up in Pets.  Just my perception, maybe, but I hope so.  I'm not getting involved in this brouhaha so as to keep things as good as I think they are as far as I'm concerned.  I did make a suggestion "down there" about using a spice blend from TJs that seemed to be misinterpreted (how?), but no matter.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Puppy has taken a page from Cheerio's book, tt, leaving his toys scattered from room to room until he decides to go back to them, or I put them back in his toybox.  I used to hate having things just lying about, but after a few weeks with him in the house I resigned myself to it.

I'd very much enjoy having tea and baking with you. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Pingo, I am not a photographer, I work in Marketing.  We needed someone to take pictures and I volunteered.  Here is a picture of my steak dinner.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

As for Yoda, he's as cute as ever, but he doesn't seem to be eating very much, I put out a half of a little can every day, but he doesn't come close to finishing it.  We also haven't heard him meow yet, but we go to the Vet next week.  I came home to a picture that my DS took of him, he looks so small. 

Than my DH took this one of him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure we've made up in Pets.  Just my perception, maybe, but I hope so.  I'm not getting involved in this brouhaha so as to keep things as good as I think they are as far as I'm concerned.  I did make a suggestion "down there" about using a spice blend from TJs that seemed to be misinterpreted (how?), but no matter.  
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know people are wired differently, I think you are probably OK, Kargiver, until the "next time", whenever that may be.  I jumped to her defense when I felt some of the posts were getting on the "mean" side, but won't do that again on her behalf - and yes, Doglady, I can see your reply coming, "Who asked you to?"  You're absolutely right, noone did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I would also enjoy coming over and having tea with you while we bake.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pushed the heat up, second cup of coffee in hand, and woolen socks pulled on.  I'm all set for half an hour or so.

Winter, I would be concerned about his not eating too.  He is soooo tiny.  Does he go back and finish it when you're not around?  I hope when the vet checks him out he finds him healthy.  I would write down different questions as I thought of them, before then, so you won't forget to ask anything you may be concerned about.  If you find over the week-end that he really is not eating, I'd put another call in to the office, tell them, and see if they can see him before then.  Don't want to alarm you, just saying how I would feel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Have you tried seeing if he'll eat anything else, Winter?  Like will he take a treat or a little piece of tuna? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He eats sometimes when we leave.  I put fresh wet food out when I left so I can see what he's eaten.  I even made sure I bought the same brand that he had been eating prior to us.  That's a good idea about writing down the questions to ask the vet.  I will do that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have not tried that yet, Novemb, but I may tonight if I don't notice some of his food gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

RDG, Please let us decide whether you were rude or not. OK?

[QUOTE]Re: October 2011 posted at 10/12/2011 5:44 PM EDT AcheNot Posts: 1211 First: 1/1/2010 Last: 10/12/2011 31a5efffd0d3379e17ee0d7e50c22407 For the record: I was not rude in the other thread Thank you ETA: And neither was Robin I dont know what youre talking about actually                      ------------ tt referred to you as a DOM [sic]. I thought she meant dominant. tt said she meant dirty old man, which, in my view, is not nice. tt got into a hissy about my interpretation of DOM [sic]. I thought that was self-righteous, so I called her out on the pic of her crisp. I thought the self-congratulations that make their treacly round here are much more annoying than calling someone a DOM [sic], as in dominant. But less annoying than calling someone a dirty old man, which is what tt said she meant.
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You hit it on the nail Amber. I have a friend, that make remarks like that too. "OMG - you are spending half your life cleaning" or "Are you putting your house on the market again". Like you, I just smile and say nothing. Her home is like a pigs sty. One has to move piles of old newspapers or other clutter, before one can find a seat to sit on. And when you do, there is a cloud of dust raising. She claims, "A home should look like someone lived there." Well, actually her home looks like no one cleaned it for years.
    The rain is coming down heavily here right now, and I have to go to Costco to pick up meds, before I go to work. Their parking lot is the pits. It is so windy up there all the time, and when it rains even worse. Hopefully, when I leave in about an hour, the rain will have slowed down a bit.
    All packed and ready to leave for PB tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to a few days of vacation spending it with our son. This DS is so laid back, so I know I will be having a good time relaxing. It has been really hectic here for the past few months, so I am so entitled. DH actually suggested it - it was not too difficult to accept. I will also be helping DS packing some of his stuff before his big move. Chat later - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

sooooo..whats everyone having for dinner? I am experimenting with beets as my tomato paste... I am also stuffing my meatballs with a dubliner cheese..thought I would try to make some bread too...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    your Yoda looks so lovable. I know you are concerned about him not eating "much". But there are so much this little guy have gone through in his short life. I am sure he will come around, if you let him do it on his own. When he is hungry, he will eat. Maybe, he just don't like what you are serving him. I can't remember the doc's name at Wakefield Animal Hospital, but he is wonderful - you will be in good hands. - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mmmm sounds good, Icer.  I just took a piece of steak out of the freezer - baked potato and carrots with.  Have some plain, unfrosted cake in freezer that I will thaw a good size chunk out and make a jar of chocolate sauce to go on, for dessert.

Friend I used to work with just called re picking me up for our luncheon tomorrow with a couple of the other girls.  Have to look around and see what the temp is supposed to be and what warm clothing I want to get ready to wear.

Pingo, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your son.  It will be nice for just the two of you to have some alone time together.  Gives you a chance to reminisce, and also to prepare yourself for his move.

Ten o'clock - I've got to get a move on, shower and dress and start my list of things to do today.  Cheerio has disappeared - not into the closet because that's still closed - I'll have to peek around and see where she's at.  Chat later.

P.S.  Perfect day for making bread, Icer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: October 2011 : Yes, I know people are wired differently, I think you are probably OK, Kargiver, until the "next time", whenever that may be.  I jumped to her defense when I felt some of the posts were getting on the "mean" side, but won't do that again on her behalf - and yes, Doglady, I can see your reply coming, "Who asked you to?"  You're absolutely right, noone did.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this acknowledgement, tt.  You were saying what you thought was right at the time given the information and experience you had.  

Happily for Pets, since then, dog-lady has made a successful effort to honor our collective plea for respectful conversation, and her participation has been very pleasant and rewarding (from my perspective, anyway, and I hope hers, too).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, have a great time visiting your son.  I'm feedin Yoda Max Cat for kittens, which is the same food that his foster mom gave him. 
    tt, enjoy your lunch tomorrow. Did my steak photo make you want steak :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Pingo, have a great time visiting your son.  I'm feedin Yoda Max Cat for kittens, which is the same food that his foster mom gave him.  tt, enjoy your lunh tomorrow. Did my steak photo make you want steak :)
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Probably!  I'm so susceptible to the power of suggestion!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ok, now you all have me wanting steak!  Pingo, I too hope you have a great time with DS and I'm sure you will.  Let us know how Yoda makes out at the vet Winter.  He is just too cute for words.. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Enjoy the trip Pingo..to me..it sound like a little slice of heaven**)

TT..steak potato and carrots YUMMY!
    Winter..I think you are resposible for our beef eating tonight..just saying
    Kar you are so brave.

I like a rainy day now and then..chat later

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Have a wonderful trip to PB Pingo.  You sure do deserve a break with all the office responsibilities you have picked up lately. 

Dinner... hmm... not sure.  Too bad there's no steak in my fridge or freezer.  Think I'll be the rebel and have ome variation of pasta.  Made tacos last night.  I haven't had them in months due to the diet, and they tasted sooooo good!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Didn't know what I felt like last night and cooked the multi veggie pasta, put plenty of butter on it and then stirred in the Sargento mexican mix of shredded cheeses.  Pretty good for a quick pick up meal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Safe and happy travels, Pingo!

Icer, do you mean I'm brave re the bear?  Thanks, but since the alternative is agoraphobia, I guess I have to press on among the bears. ;)

DH and I went out to a lovely dinner last night.  Absolutely delectable.  He had toasted smoked mozzarella ravioli, and I had steak tips.  Today we still have leftover cabbage (from that one of a few days ago), the "fixed" stuffed peppers, and butternut squash.  So, I think I'm off the meal hook today, too.  However, I'll still be cooking - making eggplant spread (baba ganoush) and crackers to go with.  Nice day to have the oven on.  Oh, speaking of the oven, time to make another pumpkin bread batch.

Ah, the pumpkins.  We just learned that sugar pumpkins do NOT double as decorations.  Two have rotted inside and the rest are being put in the basement today.  What a mess...smelled like something died in here, and, my goodness, the FRUIT FLIES.  We're inundated.

DH tilled the garden (around the growing stuff, of course).  The soil is practically black, the fruit of his years of effort in creating the perfect garden.  He just got more manure from next door, too.  

Looks like the rain is about gone - how about for you Easterners?  If not yet, soon.  I'm sending dry weather your way.

Have a great day, folks, off I go to get myself together before DH gets home with Gracie.

~kar