October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: October 2011

Hahaha! Dinner tonight? One of my very few resort to - frozen Uno Pizza. Totally hiding my head. Well, there you have it.
    Plenty of things to do before I leave. Just can't seem to be cooking dinner tonight. DH has his sister living 5 minutes away, and she has already invited him  for dinners, while I am gone. Nice way to have a sister/brother bonding. Don't you think? At least that is what make me feel better leaving him all alone. - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Kar, your life in the "boonies" sounds so good. Your happiness shines through it all. I know, your anniversary is coming up soon. Bless you and your DH both.
    43 year and going here. I am leaving my DH for a few days and I already feel lost, before I leave. Haha! - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I think it's a wonderful opportunity for bonding, you are so right.  Go, guilt free.  He will enjoy his alone time, too - I think men do, especially, now and again, but they downplay it so as not to hurt feelings.

I also like to have "emergency" quick meals for myself in the freezer or on the shelf.  Pizza, mac n cheese (TJ's lowfat is really good), thai food, etc.  When DH isn't home I'm not prone to make a big lunch fuss for myself.

Oh, I returned my TJ's far-too-salty meals yesterday, and they said that sales of them have "dropped off" - I told him about your experience with them being inedible, as well.  I bet they don't last much longer - their shelf space is limited, and their reputation too valuable to stock anything inedible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you all for you well wishes. Hopefully I will be able to read and post from "afar". - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Oh Kar, your life in the "boonies" sounds so good. Your happiness shines through it all. I know, your anniversary is coming up soon. Bless you and your DH both. 43 year and going here. I am leaving my DH for a few days and I already feel lost, before I leave. Haha! - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Thank you SO MUCH, Pingo!!!  What a lovely tribute to the Kargivers.  Can you believe it's our 3rd already?

43 years - that's awesome.  You will miss each other, but absence makes the heart grow even fonder!  

Hugs!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sorry I got everyone in a steak mood.  I took the picture because it's DH's favorite and I sent it to him last night.  He wrote back that he and my DS had subs.  The steak was awesome, the event was held at The Charles Hotel. Dessert was just ok, IMO, some apple tar tar with carmel ice cream drizzled with carmel sauce. I ate the ice cream.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Oh please, Pingo, we both know there's a difference between a pig sty and being anal-retentive about cleanliness. You and tt remind me of someone who washed out her dishwasher before loading it.

I for one would have been miserable growing up in a home where an out-of-place cat toy could ruin the mother's day. (Unless someone in home has vision or mobility problems.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Does this remind you of anyone, Icer?

Couldn't find her earlier - since I won't open the closet door for her - she says, OK, I'll sleep on you pillows!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

awe tt....she probably looks so cute under there.  Did you make that quilt? It's beautiful

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, I've gotten so many compliments on that quilt/comforter, and it's one I bought at T.J. Maxx 5 or more years ago.  The squares are postage stamp size, like an old quilt top I have that my mother passed down that a great great great grandmother had started and sewn by hand out of scraps of material.  I think that's what attracted me to it.

ETA:  Oh, or were you referring to the hanging above the bed?  A friend of G.T.'s made that for me 15 or more years ago.  She just guessed at the colors, but hit it right on the nail.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, apple tar tar?  I've never had or heard of such a thing, but I'm pretty sure I prefer my apples cooked in any and all apple desserts and would have joined you in just eating the ice cream.  

Baby and Cheerio have the right idea!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter has officially begun for me - first oil delivery of the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I was referring to the one on the bed, but the one hanging up is beautiful too.  I love the colors. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sadly we have a tankless water heater that is attached to our furnance so we had to get oil in August. 
    Kar I didn't even try the dessert it wasn't appealing to me.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Does this remind you of anyone, Icer? Couldn't find her earlier - since I won't open the closet door for her - she says, OK, I'll sleep on you pillows!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

hahaha...yes it does

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Kar, I was saying you are brave to make suggestions to folks who may not be as able to recieve a suggestion as one may think...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Just because I said I would keep you up-dated..the beets instead of tomato paste is working very well..good thing too...cause I need to find out what to do another 25 or so beets

I did try the blanche/ freeze method...I don't know...it wasn't that good for me...maybe I need to practice..maybe I over blanche...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Had a couple of phone calls, and now am going to get started on the hermits.  Checked the oven book and the rack is on the right shelf, so I'm wondering if the temp is off.  Don't know.  Anyway, if I don't get back before those of you leave work, have a good evening, chat tomorrow.

Pingo, once again, have a great time with your son, and a safe trip.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Things are so crazy busy at work these days, didn't have time to post until now.  Pingo - have fun w/your son, as I am sure you will.  Think I'll be taking Mom to Beacon Grille this weekend, too bad you'll be away, otherwise I'd "look" for you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, when can I come over for a couple of Hermits?  I'll bring a treat for Cheerio. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, they're out of the oven now, cooling on the sheet for 5 minutes before I cut them and transfer them to the rack.  So, by the time you get here, should be cool enough to eat.  I'll leave the front door ajar.  It sticks, so just give it a good push.  Do you prefer, coffee, tea, or milk with your hermits?  Oh, Cheerio is sitting up in the front window next to the pumpkin, so you'll know which house it is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds good.  I'll take some tea with the Hermits, maybe a catnip mouse for Cheerio? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She would love a catnip mouse, hers are pretty well worn out, they've been chewed on so much.  See you in a bit -

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

huff... puff....  whew, just made it back in time to see there is a party at tt and Cheerios house!  I would like tea too please and I will bring Cheerio a can of Pounce Cat chicken treats.  Tigger and Boo love them : )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She is already pestering me  - "When will they all get here?"  The cat with her nose pressed up against the window is her.  Oh, she just changed windows so she can see you as soon as you come around the corner -