October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October 2011

Icer, oh, sorry - I missed that, but yeah.  We've been getting along in Pets so I figured it wouldn't be rejected, but what can ya do.

Winter, you've done it, get ready to laugh, everybody.  I went to the store to pick up lemons for the baba ganoush, and what did I buy?  Lemons, yes, but also, you guessed it, a ribeye steak to split with DH.  Mmmmmm, it was SO GOOD!  I had to have it - can you think of a reason why?!  ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am just chuckling at that picture of Cheerio with nose pressed up against window : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, I just love Ribeye!  I grilled that more than once this summer.  So good...  oh Lord, I have no steak in my house.  You guys are killing me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOVE the picture tt.  I love your curtains too.  Are they Irish Lace?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, I brought them back from Clery's in Dublin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So jealous....  I love Irish Lace, but expensive here. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar that steak sounds good.  DH told me the meatball sub he had last night wasn't very good, I said I'm sorry but that steak was out of this world.  
    tt, should I bring Yoda over? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, that steak sounds so good.  My DH told me last night that his meatball sub wasn't very good, I told him I'm sorry but that steak was fantastic.

tt, should I bring Yoda over to see you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Too funny...Rib eye..betcha its the best!
    Honey and I just finished dinner...I am so stuffed..sorry I couldn't make it for tea and hermits..I would have to roll all the way to the North..I probably wouldn't make it...
    SS ..Did you go to Wacky Wenesday yesterday? I made it in and out in a half an hour but I was luckier than most..or so I understand

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer....I have a pot of Lamb stew simmering on the stove...the house smells so good.  Had guests yersterday for lunch, spaghetti and meatballs, DD had some when she came home for lunch, then again for her supper (DH and I were still stuffed from lunch) and again today for her lunch.....froze what was left of the sauce, so she can't have it again for her supper.....Cold damp  and rainy, so I'm sure the stew will taste good.  Take care all and keep smiling, ss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Kar, that steak sounds so good.  My DH told me last night that his meatball sub wasn't very good, I told him I'm sorry but that steak was fantastic. tt, should I bring Yoda over to see you?
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

O my gosh, if you're still there to get this post, yes, bring Yoda.  I will put Cheerio and her catnip mouse and treats in this room and close the door so I can fully enjoy Yoda.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I made one of your favorite staples, SS, hermits!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, I hit the store early AM so I could get all the specials on WEdnesday, they were super, especially the bacon, those prices are out of sight...I bought some cheap bacon a week or so ago (not at our store) and threw it away, it was terrible, so what did I save??
    tt..after my stew I'll be over for tea and hermits, yes I put an s on that..take care, ss 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello.  So I came home and Yoda hadn't eaten any wet food.  I opened another flavor put some on a spoon and he ate.  Have to run, DH is here with the pizza.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ah, she's going to be a finicky little girl.  See if you can't get some more into her when you've fnished eating.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think if she's hungry enough she'll eat - if you get her in the habit of being spoon fed guess what you're going to have to do ad infinitum?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know what you mean, but for now if she's not eating anything that's been left out for her, it's important to get some nourishment into her daily.  Not necessarily holding a spoon for her to eat off of, but giving her a taste and then putting more down in her plate for her to see.  At least until she has been to the vet and checked out to be sure there is nothing medically wrong.  To go all day without eating isn't the norm for a kitten.  I think it's important to get her over this rough patch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I agree I don't want to spoon feed him,but I wanted to see if it was the flavor.  He ate it all and then when I put some in his dish and put him in front of it he ran under the couch.  It appears he had a little bit of kibble.  I read online that a kitten should eat 4 times a day.  Yoda is a he. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

If it were me, I would call the vet tomorrow and tell them how little, if any, he is eating each day.  Just say you are worried and wondered if they thought it was alright.  Notice if he is using the litter box daily too, and if you see him drinking any water.

ETA:  you might try just pouring a dribble of milk in a dish and leaving it down too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That sounds like a good idea, my DH thinks I'm over reacting, but he needs to eat.  I have seen him drink a little here and there and I had to scoop out the box this morning.  Thank you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh milk?  We were told not to give him milk that it's not good for cats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Vets really don't mind you calling.  They understand, particularly if it's regarding a new kitten.  I always feel it is better to be safe (and maybe feel a little silly), than sorry.  It could be something as simple as him missing the other cats and the company of them during the day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Some say that, I know.  I've always given my cats a dribble of milk in the morning.  When I was a kid, my mother used to take evaporated canned milk and mix it half and half with water and they loved it.  It's certainly not necessary, and if you feel at all uneasy, don't give him any.  You can add that to your list of questions when you have your appt.  I was just trying to think of something that would whet his appetite.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm shutting off the computer for the night.  Good luck tomorrow, Winter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Long day at work. Just came home. I will be leaving at 6:15 am tomorrow morning for the airport, so I won't be chatting much tomorrow. Hope you all will be well and have the Chat going, while I am gone. I may be able to post from my son's computer - don't know. If not, I know I will miss you all.
    Now to bed. Hopefully I will be able to get a few hours of sleep - Pingo