October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: October 2011

Poor Yoda.  And poor Winter.  I know how nervewracking it is to think something is wrong with your new little fuzzbutt.  Woburn has a great reputation and is also our E-vet, although thank goodnes we haven't had to go there.  If you are concerned with thier prices, and want to try a regular vet, we go to Arlington Animal Clinic and they are open Saturday mornings.  I know dehydration can come on quickly and be dangerous for puppies - porbably the same with kittens.  Hopefully he'll just need some fluids to get him recharged.  

Kar - what a scare with Gracie, too.  Glad to hear she is OK.  Its completely OT, but do you have a boomerang tag for her?  If so, does she still wear her rabies tag separate?  Jax's tgs are really extra jingly on his new collar, so I am looking into doing a boomerang, but if he still needs to wear the rabies, it'll still jingle. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have Yoda's papers as well, so maybe that will tell them something.  I won't tell him we are going to Vet until it is time to go.  

ETA:  Thank you Novem.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, everyone, for your shared relief for Gracie's issue this morning.  

Nov, yes, she has 2 Boomerang tags.  On one we have her name, our names, our address, and our phone number.  On the other, we have her HomeAgain chip number, the HomeAgain toll free number, her ACA number and their phone.  We do not put her rabies tag on there, though; I just carry her paperwork in the car wherever we go.  If anyone needs to see it, I have it.  

Thinking of Yoda.  Oh, something occurred to me, Gracie avoided her food as a puppy, and I thought she was finicky (a Lab?  I know, silly me), and it turns out she didn't like the texture of the dry kibble.  Added a little water (not soaked or softened) and, voila, she loved it.  Thanks to our kennel owner for that tip.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    Yes he was found alone in an alley at 6 weeks.  I called Woburn Animal Hospital and spoke to someone there.  I have an appointment for tomorrow at 12:30 and if I can not get him to eat, (even by spoon) then he needs to come in tonight as an emergency.  She said he should be playing even if he is scared, it's a kitten's nature.  
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Winter - are you talking about Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital on Cabot Rd in Woburn?  If so, that's where Buster had his TPLO surgery, we took him for his seizures and (sadly) we put our Princess Callie down.  They are VERY expensive, but they do a wonderful job.  Especially with how caring they were when we brought Cal there, as I was a mess!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thx Kar - depending on space, I was thinking of putting "fully vaccinated" with or without the vet's number. Not sure if that's necessary. I do keep a copy of his paperwork in my purse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

PC, no we are taking him to the Woburn Animal Hospital on Russell Street.  How are you feeling, btw?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It couldn't hurt to have your vet's number on the tag for more reasons than that, Nov.  I'd do it.  You can always order 2 tags - they are cheap enough - and, you can practically write a book on two large tags, lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I believe Yoda is getting wet canned food now Kar.  I may be wrong? Happy he will be getting checked out tomorrow.  He should be more active.  I'm sure all will be well.  He sure is a cutie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

PC, no we are taking him to the Woburn Animal Hospital on Russell Street.  How are you feeling, btw?
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Oh, I actually have a friend who takes her 3 Boston Terriers there and they are pretty happy with them.  Except for today - one of their BTs was supposed to be "fixed" today and they cancelled the last minute b/c the doc called in sick.  Oh well, guess that happens to all of us!  I wouldn't hold that against them though, lol.

I am feeling a bit better, thanks for asking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in and caught up on Yoda's and Gracie's latest.  So glad you have contact with a vet that will take you sooner, Winter.

And, who knew the cable guy would be so knowledgable about the dog's mouth, Kargiver?!  Glad that turned out ok too.

Had a wonderful, laugh filled lunch with "the girls" at NYAJ in Burlington.  Heard people at a nearby table say, "Look at those ladies, what at good time they're having."  Next plan is to get together at G.T.'s holiday party in December.  Altho, one of the girls plays MahJongg wkly and will invite me to next play date when it is at her house so I can be an observer.  She said it's much easier that way than for someone to try to explain it to you.  I love and play the MahJongg tiles on the computer, but of course, the actual game is nothing like that.

Was finally able to get someone to email me a pic of my new grt grandson, so altho I couldn't print out a pic larger than a postage stamp, took that along and we all got our magnifying glasses and agreed he is a most handsome Irishman!

Have a couple of calls to return, so will keep checking to see latest on Yoda over the week-end, Winter.  Hope he is OK, poor little guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes he gets Max Cat for kittens (wet) and a Hill's Dry food, which he'll some of. He seems to like the Chicken and oceanfish wet food. 
    PC, glad yo know someone who goes there.  I'll let you know how I make out. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sounds like you had a wonderful day tt : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

A little chuckle on a rainy Friday afternoon...  Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a fun day, tt, especially for a rainy, dark one!  I think your computer experience will prove more helpful than one might think when you go and watch the "real" thing.  The rules will be the same, anyway, unless there are variations.  Looks like an "easy" but very hard game to me...I won't try to spell it, but you know what I'm referring to!

DH is still painting.  I'm still in the kitchen with Pet Cemetary on in the living room 1/2 watching it.

I know; our cable guy is becoming a good friend!  He's a long time dog owner and has been through a lot with his, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, what a fabulous lunch you had. Where did you go?  I didn't understand the initials.  tt, you come up with the funnies pet pictures. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

NYAJ  Not Your Average Joe's.  Noisy as heck, but we had a leisurely 2 1/2 hour lunch and the food is good.

Pic is from Amber - funny one, Amber!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Awe yes.  Sorry I'm a little slow on the up take this afternoon.  I won't be home right away tonight so I've asked DH to spoon food Yoda, we'll see how that goes. have a good evening.  I'll check in at some point this weekend. Thanks for all the wishes regarding little Yoda.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

GL Winter.  We'll be thinking of you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Hi all, damp rainy day today...I heard tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be nice.  Anyone ever eat at "Maggianos". on Columbus Avenue??  Going to a Birthday party there on Sunday.  Good thing I called the hostess for directions, I had my DD printing our directions for another restaurant (Italian too) at the other end of Columbus Avenue.....I told her it was a Sr. moment, I'm entiteled to one every so often. ss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL to DH tonight and to you all over the weekend, Winter.  Hope it resolves itself soon and Yoda settles in.

SS, I've never been there, but a birthday party sounds fun...whose birthday?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Been there many times, its a favorite of G.T. and partners.  It's onstreet parking and that aint easy.

ETA:  I just googled them and see they list valet or garage parking as well.  Wasn't aware of any garage parking except for the Park Street Plaza Hotel - we have never used that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

I just wrote a long post only to have the screen go blank.  A box appeared telling me not to navigate away from the page and I clicked ok but poof - disappeared. I'm not typing all that again and will wait until tomorrow.   

ss, just want to say that we go to Maggiano's before a show and I've always enjoyed it.  There is a big parking garage on top of the restaurant.  My SIL parks there all the time and it's easy as pie.  tt is right; you can use the valet also.

I've been out straight at work all week. Have a nice evening everybody. I will check in tomorrow.

mothermitzi

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A parking garage right there and we hoof it a couple of blocks all the time?  Wait til the next time they take me there!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

A parking garage right there and we hoof it a couple of blocks all the time?  Wait til the next time they take me there!
    Posted by toytrumpet

LOL tt!  Now you know and will be prepared next time.  Truth be told, I usually circle around once or twice looking for a meter before paying $20 in the garage.

Another night of insomnia.  I was so exhausted when I got home and now I can't sleep.

mothermitzi

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, mm

Sounds as tho you are just getting plain overtired from the busyness at work.  It's hard sometimes to shut your mind off.  I had had regular coffee at lunch yesterday and fully expected to have a late night myself, but at 10 I shut off the TV, went to bed and had a good night's sleep.  Never know.  Maybe I was just talked out!  Had a couple of long phone calls last night besides the day's luncheon chatter, and went to bed very relaxed.  

Sections
Shortcuts