October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

Maybe because your DH's vacation is over?  Life must have been easier with him to share the days, and you not being there alone.

If it were me, I'd say too much chocolate was what was bringing one on.

ETA:  Love that movie but I must have gone through a half box of kleenex.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have sauce simmering in the pot and spaghetti cooking for dinner.  Yoda has eaten and has now decided to hide under a cart in the kitchen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

At least he's eating, and he's staying in a room with people, right?  Maybe  he had to hide so as not to be attacked by other animals previously.  As long as he's eating and moving around some, I'd feel better.  You can always  coax him out and sit with him in your lap, patting him, if you're going to be seated for 15 minutes or so.

My crockpot smells good, I'll leave it on until 5:00 and then try making the gravy Kargiver suggested.  I'll do it in a saucepan, that's usually the way I do a roux.

Cheerio is sleeping in here on a cushion I put on the floor.  She kept trying to jump on the clean bedlinens and I kept lifting her down onto the cushion.  Evidently she's got the message.  I'll have to pull the door to tonight tho, or I'm sure she'll snuggle right in under the blankets.  She sheds so, that in an emergency I never could crawl in the bed in this room like I had to do last night, without completely changing them again.  I've remade my bed and dustmopped and no signs of any critters.  The last I saw it she had chased it behind/under the cabinet with the TV.  I'm hoping during the night it made its' escape OUTSIDE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I am quite pleased with Yoda's progress, eventually he will come out.  He had been stting with my son in his bedroom, so I think he just wants some space for a little while.

ETA:  Your dinner sounds good. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Altho the house smells wonderfully of wine, the dinner was just OK.  Not enough flavor, and the sauce ended up too thick.  Had no more wine or tomato juice to thin it, and didn't want to dilute it any with water.  Will pick some more of both when I shop the first of the week and thin it down a little before having another meal of it.

How was your spaghetti?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The spaghetti and meatballs were wondeful and I have a bowl for work tomorrow.  Sorry, your dinner wasn't as good as you'd hope.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hey, everyone, We had bad news this evening. D.D.'s Grandmom passed. It wss the hardest thing I ever had to say to my D.D.. We are now booking flights to her grandparents home in Ireland. D.D. is so sad. She is 15 years old and adored her grandmum, and now is worried about her Grandad.Anybody that prays or sends good thoughts, my D.D. could use them.bg

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

bg - Very sorry to read your news.  Prayers and good thoughts are with you and your family, especially DD.  It's never easy to lose anybody you love, especially at an impressionable and vulnerable age.  Take care and have a safe journey.

mothermitzi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, bg, so sorry to hear of your loss.  How hard it must be for all of you.  Have a safe trip, and you'll all be remembered in my prayers and thoughts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

bg, so sorry to hear your family's sad news.  Of course, thoughts and prayers coming your way.  God bless you as you make travel plans and get through the logitics, emotions, everything that comes at you in a whirlwind at times like these.

tt, I'm sorry I led you to make your gravy too thick!  I thought you'd have more cooking liquid than you apparently ended up with.   I hope it turns out better after incorporating some broth...let us know.  

DH went back to work this morning, and I am so spoiled by his being home I'm feeling super lonesome.  Gracie, too, I think - she's curled up in her crate instead of getting ready for her woodsy trek with Daddy.  I can't take her in the woods alone...

I have a chiropractic appointment in Worcester this morning and then will hit TJ's and Petco.  I might bring Gracie; I think it should be far cool enough to leave her in the car a little while, and she likes to visit Petco, "Where the pets go!"

Missing Pingo...I hope she is having a wonderful time.  I can't remember when she's due home.  DH must be eager by now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not to worry about the gravy, Kargiver.  There honestly wasn't that much flavor to the juices anyway.  I don't think I'll bother thinning it, will use the chicken cut up on top of my noon salads, and maybe make a hash out of the potatoes, carrots, onions.  Didn't grocery shop last week, so do have to get out at some point today for a few things.

How's your hovering headache this morning?

Yes, Pingo is a large part of our group, hope she can get on a computer and get in to post a bit.  I don't think she actually said how many days she would be away, but I had the feeling it would be until the middle of this week anyway.

Quiet household here last night with no surprises.  Problem was that I was so afraid there might be, that it took me a couple of hours to fall asleep.  'course part of that might have been because from 10-11 I was switching back and forth watching reunion of Housewives and Long Island Medium.  A lot going on in both programs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone.

BG, so sorry to hear about your loss.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Had a nice weekend.  Took mom to Beacon Grille on Sat for lunch, and my BFF met us there, so it was so nice.  Went to a few stores at the Wayside shopping center in Burlington w/Mom, so that was nice too.

Sunday was spent catching up and doing chores around the house.  Also took MIL out for a nice lunch.

Now back to reality - Monday, argh.  Hope everyone has a good day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt...I hope you enjoy your leftovers.  Have you tried that African Smoke grinder from TJ's?  It's awesome on chicken.

Prin-cal, sounds like you are feeling better, I hope, and had a great weekend!  Yay!   Do you find that Buster stands equally on both back legs, now?  Sometimes, Gracie does, but other times, she holds her TPLO leg out behind the other one.  And, her "bad" leg still slides out away from her when she sits on anything slippery.

Oh, gosh, I've got 20 minutes 'til I have to leave - chat later!

~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi Kar - Buster does stand equally on both legs, however his bad leg will kick out as well if he gets up too quickly or attempts to run on our hardwood floors.  He doesn't limp or anything after though, which is good.

TT - good luck with your chicken re-vamp!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

bg, I'm so sorry for your family's loss.  I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you make the journey to Ireland.  Pingo's must be having an very enjoyable tim with her DS. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Here is a picture of Yoda sitting up.  I'm trying to get a picture of him standing up.  Yes, I did spoil him by getting him a ceramic food dish with a fish on it.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cute picture, Winter.  Every cat deserves his own special dish!  
    I've got to run out this morning and without delay - changed the litter bag in 
    Cheerio's box this morning, thinking I had plenty of fresh litter - not!  Barely enough left in the container to cover the bottom of the tray.  Got to revamp my short list a bit, keep thinking of more things I need/want.  Always the way when I go grocery shopping!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

BG, please accept my condolences for you and your family.  If this is DD's first loss, it will be extra hard.  You are all in my prayers...

Winter, even though I can't post on the weekend, I def checked out CC Saturday morning to see how Yoda was doing and was just thrilled to hear he is coming around.  He is adjusting fine IMO if he is hanging a bit and eating and drinking. You will see a different cat in a month for sure, once he knows that is HIS home.  So happy for you : )

tt, I never heard of a shrew either but as you know I have had my experience with mice in my new place.  So far, knock on wood, nothing this year.  Tigger and Boo do not kill them either, just play with them.  But I don't want to wake up like I did last year to them chasing one either.  Funny how Tigger will eat any plant I bring in my house.  I can't keep flowers or anything.  Boo could care less.  My back was out this weekend, so I took it easy and kept a heating pad on it and walked my hall as much as I could.  So no cleaning this weekend and never did make my crockpot beef stew.  Def next weekend for that.  Tired today as I did not sleep well all weekend.  Back tends to stiffen up in the night and becomes painful.  Weird not seeing Pingo on the boards.  I know she must be having a wonderful time.  Well enough of my jabbering.  I hope everyone has a good day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry to hear about your back, Amber.  I know all too well how that can be.  I got a script for a very mild muscle relaxant years ago, and have the doctor renew as needed - usually because it's outdated - to keep on hand for emergencies.  I find if I take one as soon as my back goes out, and then perhaps one 4-6 hours later, I don't have half the duration of walking around bent over.  Particularly good if you can take one at night before going to bed.  A lot of healing goes on while we're sleeping.

Yes, Yoda is a cute little thing, isn't he?

I'm off to get my groceries.  Have a call in to one of my sons to see if  he can pick me up another pkg. of plastic hubcaps.  The 4 of mine were stolen off the car while it was parked in my driveway a couple of years ago, and these have worked out fine until I came out of a store Sat and saw one was missing - either popped off in a pothole, or someone tried to swipe it and realized as soon as they had it off it was only plastic.  Vintage (in age only) car, so vintage hubcaps, hard to get and valuable to anyone who needs one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Dear Cheerio,

I heard about your hunting abilities.  I am quite impressed.  Might I add, I too am an avid hunter.  I am much better than you know who..  As you can see I am ready and willing to assist you if ever needed.

p.s. I apologize for that wretched photo DO took of me sleeping.  She means well..

Your friend,
    Boo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I too had a prescription for muscle relaxants and also a prescription for 800 miligrams of Ibuprofen that I stupidly let lax.  My back has been good for a couple of years and then out of the blue, it went out.  No rhyme or reason for it.  I have to see my doctor in December for new written prescriptions and will ask him to write me new ones for the muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen.  Back pain is no joke.  How awful someone stole your hubcaps.  I could never take something that didn't belong to me and just don't understand how anyone else could.  Glad you are going shopping, I need to have a good lunch vicariously through you Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh cute story.  I had yet to hear Yoda meow.  Well last night I put some fresh food on his plate.  A cat commercial came on and then after it stopped I heard this loud MEOW MEOW MEOW.  I go out into the living room and he's sitting there all pretty, meowing and meowing.  I think he was talking to the cats on the TV.  No meows after that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Friends!

BG - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  You, DD adn your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  I truly wish that DD's fond memories will help comfort her. 

Winter - I'm sooooo happy to hear Yoda is doing better.  Little guy just needed some time it seems.  Too cute that he's talking to the cats on TV.  I can just imagine his tiny little "mews". 

We had an intertesting weekend.  Lots of running around.  I'm shopping for a new (used) car.  Then DH's "bum" knee acted up - again - so we ended up making a run to the hospital.  They gave him an injection and some crutches to help for now, but looks like it is time to schedule his surgery.  =( 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, what kind of knee surgery?  I had ACL reconstruction and medial meniscus repair in December.  What kind of car are you looking for?  How's Jax?  Did he have the puppy party yet?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

He has a meniscus tear, so for now they are talking about doing a laproscopic procedure to fix the tear.  The down time from that should be minimal.  He also has a lot of arthritis from a prior injury, though, so down the line he'll likely need a replacement. 

Jax ran errands with us all day Saturday, then went to day camp Sunday.  He was scheduled b/c we were suposed to do the Salem Witch ride on the bike, so we sent him not knowing how long we'd be at the hospital.  He fell asleep at 8 last night and I'm sure he's pased out on the couch today.  His party isn't until November and we have three other atendees so far.

I'm getting an SUV.  Bad for the environment, I know, but we need the space and having sold DH's pickup, we need something to toy all the toys around with.  I want to get it before winter, too, fo rthe 4 wheel drive.  I hated driving my car in the snow last year.  Didn't feel safe.

Sections
Shortcuts