October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: October 2011

OMG, Amber, what a beauty!  That's the best shot you've taken of Boo.  I've had to get a paper towel to wipe Cheerio's drool off the computer keys!  She said, "I never knew Boo could look like THIS!"  Now she wants to know when I can set up a "play" date - don't know what she has on her mind (I can guess!), because I never see her "play".  Our compliments to Boo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber I missed that picture of Boo, what a handsome devil.  Did you show them the new kitten baby..maybe he and Tigger can teach him a thing or too.
    Novemb, I love my car, but having moved at the tail end of winter last year, I'm not looking forward to driving in more in the snow this year.  Good luck with your husband's surgery his recovery should be minimal, but it's a pain nonetheless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Novem - hope your DH is on the mend soon. 
    My DH and I did the Salem witch ride a few years ago, it was so much fun!
    Oh, and I'm with you - I LOVE my SUV and would never give it up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I swear he has heard me complaining about him being "lazy" for photos.  I actually took about 4 or 5 of him and that was the best one.  The pictures of him laying down don't show how he actually has a baby face.  He is a love for sure. 

Winter, I did show them Yoda and they didn't know what to make of him at first. He is so little and cute.  Then they got into a fight over who would be best to mentor him.... groan... hand to face.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Oh cute story.  I had yet to hear Yoda meow.  Well last night I put some fresh food on his plate.  A cat commercial came on and then after it stopped I heard this loud MEOW MEOW MEOW.  I go out into the living room and he's sitting there all pretty, meowing and meowing.  I think he was talking to the cats on the TV.  No meows after that.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Oh, the little guy misses the other cats - maybe when the black one your son liked is old enough to adopt, you can adopt him too?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

We usually do the ride with a big group, so it is tons of fun.  We did drive down to Revere Beach to watch it go by though.  DH got some awesome pics of our friends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]tt, I swear he has heard me complaining about him being "lazy" for photos.  I actually took about 4 or 5 of him and that was the best one.  The pictures of him laying down don't show how he actually has a baby face.  He is a love for sure.  Winter, I did show them Yoda and they didn't know what to make of him at first. He is so little and cute.  Then they got into a fight over who would be best to mentor him.... groan... hand to face.... 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Well, of course, if Yoda is missing his mother - who else better to fill that void than Cheerio?!  She's a sweet little mother, and could replace lugging that knitted square of hers around, with lugging Yoda around by the scruff of his neck!  Would she be ecstatic!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry to hear of your husband's knee, Novem.  It doesn't take anything spectacular for a knee or back to suddenly go out.  I'm holding my breath with both of mine - since being on the Prednasone for 8 days for that rash, I've had no pain at all.  Not sure how long that panacea will last, but I'm sure enjoying it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Much better choice, Cheerio, than my 2 skamps.  And I second the motion on a second cat. Not much more work or food IMO.  Sealed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I too had a prescription for muscle relaxants and also a prescription for 800 miligrams of Ibuprofen that I stupidly let lax.  My back has been good for a couple of years and then out of the blue, it went out.  No rhyme or reason for it.  I have to see my doctor in December for new written prescriptions and will ask him to write me new ones for the muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen.  Back pain is no joke.  How awful someone stole your hubcaps.  I could never take something that didn't belong to me and just don't understand how anyone else could.  Glad you are going shopping, I need to have a good lunch vicariously through you

Why wait until then?  Call the office and explain about the script you have that is outdated/expired, and ask them to call in a new one to the pharmacy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good suggestion tt.  I will try that.  Didn't think they would do that without seeing me (I've had that issue before) but worth a try!  Thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thanks everyone for well wishes for DH.  Hopefully the injection can push off the procedure a bit since we are coming into his busy season, but we'll see how it takes. 

Sorry your back is acting up Amber.  I agree with tt - see if they can all you in a new script.  Back pain is the worst. 

TT - hope your comfort is long-lasting.  Something good should come out of that whole rash episode!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Good suggestion tt.  I will try that.  Didn't think they would do that without seeing me (I've had that issue before) but worth a try!  Thanks!

When I call for a refill of mine, I always start by saying, "Dr ---- gives me a script for (name of drug) to keep on hand for when my back goes out.  it hasn't gone out for a couple of years, but it's gone out now and the script is old.  Could you call in a new one to the pharmacy?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just got off the phone with them.  The front desk said I have to leave a message on the prescription line and they will get my doctors approval.  This can take a day.  I will check in the end of the day to see if it has been called in or not.  I love my doctor but his front desk can be difficult.  I know he will call it in for me, just a matter of today or tomorrow.  Thanks again tt, I never would have tried that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're very welcome.  I always have to leave a message for my dr.'s nurse to call me back (he's in with 3-4 other physicians) and then she passes it on to him and get the OK.  Takes a day with mine too.

Off to the Y&R now.  Nothing to whet your appetite for lunch today - a bed of lettuce and cukes with a dollop of macaroni salad in the middle, chunks of tuna arund the edge, and a sprinkle of Mexican shredded cheeses.  Talk with Winter, she brought in leftover spagh and mtballs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, wanna share?? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sorry, Amber I'm just about to finish off the last meatball.  
    I really can't have two cats, it would be a mess on my cat allergies, which can cause me to have an asthma attack, if I'm not careful.  I'm hoping that if I get him some stuffed toys that he will be ok?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sorry about the suggestion Winter and we don't want you to suffer for real! He will be totally fine by himself.  I know my Tigger would love to be a one person cat : )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He'll be fine on his own.  Look at Cheerio, she's fine.
    How have your allergies been with him so far?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, I posted a whole bunch of information in Parents/General about our "crossover" Ford Freestyle in the car thread and posted a photo.  It's the Graciemobile right now, but there's plenty of room for 2 (or 3?) carseats in the middle row of seats.  The back row folds down completely for a cavernous hatch back area.  4 wheel drive, handles snow like a pro, good mileage.  Mine is a 2006, bought with 35,000 miles, is loaded and was $15,000.  (New, they are called "Taurus X" - if you say it too fast it sounds dirty, by the way - and are about $35,000.  Same exact car.)

And, I hope your DH gets scheduled soon and heals fast post-surgery.

ambergirl, so sorry about your back.  Hope you're feeling better soon.

tt, my headache is mostly gone - sorry, forgot to answer your question before I ran off for my appointment.  Thought about it in the car, but no smartphone so there I was, out of touch.

Gracie's exhausted.  None of us slept well as DH was stressed about going back to work so tossed and turned all night 'til he got up at 5:00 and woke up "his girls."  Gracie didn't make a peep, but she stirred.  Then, I took her with me to Worcester and then into town for a little walk.  She's sacked out on her bed for a beauty nap...sounds like a great idea.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Laughed reading you post, Kargiver, I sat on the couch and fell asleep during the last of Y&R and for another 20 minutes beyond!

Ran out for a couple of groceries and now I know it does no good to skip a week - $75 of this and that.  Did feel exhausted when I got back tho, so the little catnap probably was much needed.  

Since I won't let Cheerio back on this bed, guess where she's gone?  Right, crawled down under my comforter again, sleeping on my pillows.  Talk about allergies, I'll have to remember to change the pillow cases before I go to bed tonight!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My allergies have been ok.  Some days I foget and touch something before washing my hands and last night he snuggled up under my chin and on my chest.  I didn't have the heart to move him.  I'm doing better every day.  My mom is allergic as well and she's had cats.  She says it's takes a couple of weeks to get it into your system.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, glad you had a nice nap - icer will have to catch you up on what you missed, tho'!  I can imagine the bump under your quilt; Cheerio knows the best spots!  I'd be in trouble if I put my face anywhere Gracie was, too - my eyes!

Winter, yes, I was allergic to dogs when I was a teen, and I got used to the family dog almost to the point where he didn't bother me at all.  No meds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's good.  After a while it will be come automatic to wash your hands after touching him - even is a good thing, because you'll find yourself putting your hands to your face less often - which is a primary spreader of germs anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Gracie still things she's a little puppy!  So sweet!

Sections
Shortcuts