October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: October 2011

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Gracie still things she's a little puppy!  So sweet!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

She has size-appropriate places to sleep, but she likes that one for some reason; sometimes, if she curls up tight, she fits completely inside the bolster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, they (cats and dogs) love snug beds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes we had a cat growing up.  We got her when I was 2, and I named her Princess.  You would never have known that I was allergic to cats.  Gracie looks so cute.  Yoda has a bed that looks like that, it's much smaller though.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lol, tt - you should see Gracie in her crate in the morning, she's curled up in the tiniest ball in the very back with 2/3 of it unused.  

Her pink bed fit perfectly in her outgrown wire crate - you can see why DH had to build her a bigger one.  If that's the same bed Yoda has, you'll love it.  It washes well and holds up a LONG time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, proof she fits!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is your little stove on?  Cheerio realizes our heat comes on now and then and heads for the toyroom register when she hears it click on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The wood stove isn't going, yet, but once it is, that will be her semi-permanent spot - she practically bakes herself there all winter.  Smart girl, that Cheerio running to the register when she hears the click.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hahaa... a Gracie ball.  Jax is the opposite - stretches out all four legs and his neck to take up as much room as possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Hahaa... a Gracie ball.  Jax is the opposite - stretches out all four legs and his neck to take up as much room as possible.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

She does that when she's hot - all 4 legs straight out. lol

Did you see my earlier post here on a used Ford Freestyle?  Forgot to mention we have 2 of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I did.  Also saw it in parents.  My mind is 99% made up on what I want that will also having the towing capacity we need.  Just waiting for DH to find the right deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I don't think it's the same bed, but it's similiar.  tt, I missed your post earlier, Cheerio would be an awesome mother figure for Yoda and I think Boo would be a good mentor for him as well.

ETA:  We don't haven't turned on our heat yeat, but I'm sure Yoda will be spending more time under the couch than because she will feel it there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I did.  Also saw it in parents.  My mind is 99% made up on what I want that will also having the towing capacity we need.  Just waiting for DH to find the right deal.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

What did you pick?  GL!!  We searched a long time for ours, too.  Used cars that you have your heart set on can be hard to find.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wow I'm the first post this morning.  Good morning everyone.  Here is a a picture of Yoda in his bed,  (Sorry if I'm taking over the boards with Yoda). 

And this I thought was just a good picture.  I was talking to him telling him that he was a good kitty for eating his food earlier in the day.  It looks like he's understanding me. My son put the blanket over him :) It was actually one of his blankets when he was a baby.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Winter, I love that last pic - you should use it as your avatar.  You can really see his eyes in that one, such a pretty cat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhhh, how adorable he is!!!  Post away, Winter - we LOVE it!  And, he definitely has a calmer, more confident look.  He loves his bed, too - life is good for Yoda, now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, my poor country cats just had an old box to lay in.  But, at least they could use the sides to teeth on!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My son really wanted the bed at PetCo.  He wanted one that was $50, but my DH found this one for $14.   I don't think we would have gotten a bed that first day.  tt, I put a box in the living room Sunday Yoda wants NO part of it..lol.  However, he spent 20 minutes trying to get into the fireplace last night.  I don't know what he smelled in there (and I don't want to know).  He even jumped up to the handles on the glass cover to try to get it open. He gave up and then tried to chew on the electrical cords..so I guess my kitten is getting along just fine now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Got up this morning with DH at 3:15 - he had to be on the road by 4:00.  I prepared his lunch last night, but made breakfast and his travel mug of tea this morning.  Gracie got up, used the restroom, and went back to bed before he left, and then the two of us slept in 'til 8:00.  We're no worse for wear, but poor DH had a 4 hour drive ahead of him when his girls went back to bed.  The good news is he'll be home pretty early this afternoon.

Gracie pulled a "Cheerio" this morning.  I turned on the heat, and she pressed herself up against the register.  I've never seen her do that before; I think Cheerio gave her the idea.

ETA:  tt and Winter - great idea to use that one for an avatar.  It's a very clear, good photo even small.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

LOL Kargiver.  It's surprising how our animals communicate with each other over these boards!  My cat this morning is doing cellar patrol, sitting on the cellar stairs, staring at the top of the cinder blocks.  -  I don't see anything moving there.

Not surprising Yoda wanted no part of a plain old box after having a luxurious bed like the one you got her!  Sounds as tho he's in the process of making that house his own domain.  Just watch the electrical cords.  If you can, unplug the ones in the rooms he's confined to during the day when you're all away.

ETA:  Pic looks great as your avatar!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm embarrassed to even think of how much we've spent on Gracie's, um, "creature comforts."  I ordered her then much-too-large L. L. Bean bed with her name embroidered on it the day we brought her home, and we needed a crate and........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The way the house is set up, he has free range of three rooms during the day.  The living room, dining room and kitchen.  Our office leads right to our bedroom upstairs and my son's room I don't think would give him enough room to play.  Is it normal for cats to chew on them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, cats chew cords especially when they are teething.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, I LOVE the pictures of Yoda.  He is staring right at you, so lots of trust there.  Yes, kittens will chew on things too, so watch him with the electrical.  Keep the pictures coming, we love them : )  Kar, always enjoy any picture of Gracie and I too spent a lot of money on a dog bed for Amber.  Probably should have saved my money, since the cats sleep on it more than her and they have their own bed.  I should probably get a picture if I can.  Once I caught Amber in their bed and Boo and Tigger in her bed.  Too cute. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I hope you find that one, Amber, if you got that adorable moment on film.  I bet if we had a cat he'd be sharing Gracie's spots, too.  She likes cats...they not so much her, though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm getting ready to go out in a few minutes, but just caught up on the last few posts - Yes, Winter, as Amber said, be careful of the cords.  Leave the box, he may use the edges of that to chew on for his teeth.  Charlie loved his box for that reason, he would lay in it and chew on the side of his mouth where teeth were coming in.  I really would unplug whatever is possible without causing too much of a problem, when you leave in the morning.

Catch you all later.