October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: October 2011

Kar, I'm sure cats are just scared by her size.  For example, Yoda is a bit under 3 pounds and Gracie is 75 I think.  He'd take one look at him and probably not know what to expect.  Though I know that Gracie is a big teddy bear. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Post disappeared -

Long and short of it, as Amber said, be careful of the cords.  Leave the box, he may find as Charlie did that he can lay in it and chew on the sides.  Unplug whatever cords you can without causing too much trouble, when you leave in the morning.  Have to go out now.  Catch you all later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It seems that posts are taking a long time to appear (2 minutes?) for everyone today, but they do make it eventually.

Yes, Winter, I'm sure her size is scary to cats.  Some don't seem to mind, others hiss and swat.  Gracie has always just stood there wondering why.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Funny story about cats and dogs.  When Amber was a puppy, I already had 2 cats, so she grew up with them and was use to them.  She was out in the yard and a stray cat came in.  So here goes Amber running to the cat as only a puppy would, wanting to play and the cat freaked out.  So I am calling Amber and she is ignoring me thinking she has found another cat friend.  The cat is hissing as Amber is trying to sniff it and it swiped her nose.  Well she ran so fast back to the house!  Wasn't the cat's fault, Amber just thought all cats were nice.  Fast forward to a couple of days and Amber and I are in the yard and the cat comes back.  Amber takes one look at this cat and walked the entire perimeter of the yard to avoid it!  It was so funny so see my dog afraid of a cat!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Great Yoda pix Winter!  Sounds like he is acting more kitten-like, too, and coming out of his shell.  Watch out!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Not to be a downer but I will be leaving the boards for a while...I had to put Baby down yesterday...just wanted you guys to know..It was the hardest thing I ever had to do

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, enjoy your day!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh Icer....  my heart is breaking for you... I so understand, I had to do that with my Maggie and I still miss her...  I am so sorry.... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I will unplug the cords at night and when I leave in the morning.  It's like child proofing for my son all over again..lol.  I have some computer training on Thursday and Friday so I won't posting until it's over, which is probably 4 or 5.  Yoda does have his "first vet visit on Saturday morning and according to the papers it looks like he needs his second distemper shot.  I'm not sure what else he may need.  He had a Flee treatment on 9/28 as well as a FeLV/FIV test. He also has had two Deworming treatments.  I don't know if he needs another of those.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Icer, my heart goes out to you at this time.  I still remember the cat we got when I was 2.  I had to tell my mom when I was 20, that Princess had to be put down. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, my heart is breaking for you, too.  Hugs and tears, dear.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm so sorry Icer.  You are very brave to have made the ultimate decision for her, and as hard as it was, you did it out of love and concern for what was best for her, and she knows it.  She'll be there to meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.  Hugs and symapthy to you in this very hard time.  <3 Nov

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Icer, tears are running down my face.  You know lots of thoughts are going out to you from all of us.  Such a hard decision to have to make.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a nice thing you did in the Pets column, Kargiver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]What a nice thing you did in the Pets column, Kargiver.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

...I hope she won't mind.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

My heart feels heavy for Icer.  Reinforces that my chat friends are truly friends.  Just wanted to let you all know that I'm glad to know all of you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I think that was wonderful too Kar and I posted there...  This brought me to tears, I think it was the memories of when I had to do that.  It truly is the most difficult thing in the world..  Well said November....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, well said I feel the same way about all of you.  I remember all to well about Princess, I'm sure as a 2 year old I chased that cat around, but as we got older together we were a pair :)  Icer we are thinking of you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, love that sentiment and totally agree - thanks so much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sure the rest of you, like me, have been wiping tears away most of the afternoon.  I'd like to interject a happy note to give us a smile to finish out the afternoon - a birth - here is the card I made for my new great grandson.  I can't show the inside/poem because names are used.  Hope this eases some of the pain we all feel along with and for Icer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how sweet and creative, tt!  That will be a special addition to the baby book for sure, and appreciated forever.  What is the relief material?  I wish we could see the inside.  Maybe if you placed scraps of paper over the names, or would it still be too personal?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The embellishments are raised 4 dimension paper/cardboard figures - bought at Michael's.  All I did was stick them where I wanted them.  I particularly love the sweet little giraffe.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's my favorite piece, too. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I also love the giraffe!  Thx for sharing, tt.  Your GD will be so happy to get this card.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

So sorry icer.  You made a very brave decision.  Take care.

mothermitzi