October 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: October 2011

Too busy at work to post yesterday.  The only way I can attempt to keep up with everything is to be here at 6am!  Oh well, I don't mind. I am a morning person.

Icer, my heart goes out to you.  It is the toughest thing about owning a pet, you are in my thoughts.

Lots of activity I missed on the board.  Glad to hear Yoda is doing better.

I miss pingo's posts!!

TT- the card is absolutely adoreable.  The amount of care and love put into it just shines through.  Your GGS is very lucky!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  tt, what a beautiful card.  I too love the giraffe. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Thanks for compliments about the card.  Emailed a copy to G.T. and didn't realize until he mentioned it that there were giraffes in the quilt he made for the crib. Maybe that's why I was drawn to that particular pkg.  I love making them.  Bought some Halloween embellishments at the same time to make his first Halloween card. Will use a darker stock paper for that one, and again, poem thinking time - for a few weeks old baby!  G.T. said GD had said she wanted to have a mural drawn in the baby's room - between the quilt and the card maybe a cute giraffe will make the scene!

How was Yoda last night, Winter, still doing good?  Did any of you hear about the wild animals that were let out of a guy's backyard zoo - in Ohio, I think?  A bear, lion and I don't know what else.  Owner was found dead, they're not saying how yet, but all the cage doors were open.

No rain here yet, so I'm thinking some early morning browsing for more Christmas fillers.  Wednesday seems to be the restocking day at Marshall's, so might be good to run out there and see what I can pick up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, love the card. I am a card lover anyway and I know GGS will so appreicate it when he is older.  I did hear that story about the animals and how scary!  They are still looking for them.  Can you just imagine living around there??  You guys should check out the pets thread.  BDC is asking to post your pets birthdays etc.  Ache posted his Boston Terrier. So cute!  I posted Amber.  I would post my kitties, but honestly don't know their birthdays or even remember the months I got them (bad me).  I know the years.  I thought rain was going to hold off until afternoon but looks like it is going to pour here in Boston. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Cool and damp this morning, and rain coming...will today be the day I start the wood stove?

Yes, it was Ohio, I just saw the terrible "zoo" story.  The rumor is that that man let all the animals go and committed suicide, but it's far from substantiated (at least on the public's end).

We had a delivery from Poland Springs this morning of carbonated water - 10 cases for the month.  DH drinks 3 or 4 liters a day so it honestly takes a lot of my time (and gas in the car) keeping him in water.  Stores only usually have 2 or 3 days' worth on the shelf so I end up going to many stores, all about 30 minutes away, all the time.  Not to mention the bottles.  I wonder if they take those away and credit the deposit, or just the big dispenser ones.  Oh, please, I hope so.  I have to go to Walmart today, in fact, and stand at the bottle monster...probably will fill it to the brim.

tt, I had a dream about you and G.T., or at least the "you" I've obviously imagined.  It was pretty cool - my brain filled in so many details about what you look like, sound like, your home...it wasn't dream-like at all, very "real."  We had a nice afternoon, thanks. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Amber.  He doesn't actually refer to the terrier as his - on The Commoners he said he had no pets.  Probably plucked the pic off the internet somewhere.  Too late to post Cheerio's info, her birthday has gone by for another year.  Besides she had quite the celebration with the great card you and the boys sent her!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Too funny about your dream of a nice afternoon with me, Kargiver, because I'm assuming I served refreshments - - - I dreamed last night that I opened my freezer door and it was completely empty!  Was that you eating me out of house and home?

Yes, it was Ohio, I just saw the terrible "zoo" story.  The rumor is that that man let all the animals go and committed suicide, but it's far from substantiated (at least on the public's end)

On NECN this morning the reporter said she had built up a scenario in her own mind where the guy owed people money, so they came and shot him and opened all the cage doors letting the animals out!  Funny how different people's minds work!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh, well I feel silly now telling him how much I like his dog... LOL!  It is a great pic though.  Aww... me and the boys love Cheerio!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Oh, well I feel silly now telling him how much I like his dog... LOL!  It is a great pic though.  Aww... me and the boys love Cheerio!
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Well, don't feel silly, Amber, who knows which thread he is telling the truth on - if at all!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I say they ate him..  Sealed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ache?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

um.... the guy in Ohio......  but I like Ache better!!  I am choking here!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My scenario is that some pranksters or "free the animals" radicals opened all the cage doors to let the animals out, and he rushed out to try to get them back in their cages, and got mauled to death - - I stop there - - I don't think they ate him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I too heard that "zoo" story. I guess the deputies had shoot to kill orders until the Columbus Zoo could come and give the pets tranquilizers. 
    Yoda, is doing ok, doesn't seem to be eating much wet food, but he's eating dry food.  He's becoming a bit more playful.  I ordered this for him on Monday and I believe it's out for delivery now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IYSAIW

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Darn tt, you ruined my fun! I like ate him better, but that again is my sick humor surfacing.  I will put it away... 

Winter, I had one of those!!  Maggie and Bandit loved it!  Yoda may like the kibble better, but he's eating and more playful so that is awesome. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: October 2011:
    [QUOTE]Too funny about your dream of a nice afternoon with me, Kargiver, because I'm assuming I served refreshments - - - I dreamed last night that I opened my freezer door and it was completely empty!  Was that you eating me out of house and home? 
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Embarassed Oh, my, I must confess I wolfed down goodness knows how many whoopie pies, but you kept encouraging me!  With all those delectable looking photos, it was a dramatic chow down waiting to happen.  How was I to resist? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, that is so cute.  Never saw one of those before.  Wonder if "the old girl" would take to it.  She loves her scratching boxes, but uses them to sit/lay on a lot too!

ETA:  Some cats prefer the kibble, Winter.  I wouldn't worry as long as he's eating and drinking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, I also had something similar to this for Tigger and Boo. It broke but it got a lot of use and they loved it.  Have to get another one.  Maybe Christmas!  This one is on Amazon and battery operated.  I'm sure you can find cheaper ones, but you get the idea.

Loco!Motion Electronic Cat Toy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I think Cheerio would love it tt.  It is a scratching post in them middle but when they try to get the ball out it goes around and they go crazy chasing it.  Maggie was so darn cute when she would try to get the ball out ; )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar, I can't see the pictures?  So funny the dream you had.  Did you wake up with a full tummy?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm hoping he takes to it.  I was teasing him with the string on my sweatshirt last night and he was swapping away at it.  tt, there are some pictures on that link of cats just laying on it.  I think Cheerio would like it. Amber, that toy looks fun too.  Kar, I didn't see any pictures either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, you are slow on the uptake this morning - she means all the pictures I have posted in the past of whoopie pies !!

ETA:  You too, Winter!  Too funny, the two of you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My head was full of wild animals and cat toys! I swear tt, if I could grab one through the computer screen I would be the happiest woman on earth : )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you got it - all those photos seeped into my subconcious and I had an unabashed FEAST at your house last night, thank you so much, we had a lovely time.  Oddly, I wasn't even stuffed in the dream, I just kept eating and eating them enjoying the heavenly taste and perfect texture without getting more and more full.  No wonder the freezer was empty!  So, nope, I had to eat breakfast this morning, darn it, I was as hungry as always.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The winter robins (or at least mine) has appeared.  Saw a big fat one up the back of the yard yesterday, and today there was one flying around closer to the house.  Feel bad, because his main source to get through the winter is the hollyberry bush out front, and last time G.T. was down and he was putting the front garden to sleep, he trimmed that back  and cut all the lower branches, berries and all, off. By the time I realized what he was doing, it was too late.  I used to watch that robin even during the heaviest of snow, hopping down inside that shrub, eating and also having a sanctuary.